TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 09-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #321
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It would benefit ROH and New Japan to work together on such things. It also helps keep talent fresh. I think the weekly television flow of professional wrestling has forced some people to forget that wrestling works well when hot acts aren't on every week and get some time away -- even if they are a top star.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:12 PM   #322
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's newest tag team Enzo & Big Foles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
It was bad news for WWE for a second week, as the ratings for Raw last night were almost identical to the week before, which at the time were considered shockingly low.

The three plus hour broadcast averaged 2.68 million viewers, identical to the week before. Actually there were 2,000 more viewers last night, so it would just barely beat out last week's show as the lowest non-holiday episode of the show since 1996 ...

Unless the company does something major, or gets a pay-per-view bump, next week, with the presidential debate, has a good chance of being the lowest rated episode of the 23-year history of the program. The record low rating number is a 1.78 on October 14, 1996, a show which went against a live Nitro, as well as the NFL and major league baseball playoffs ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.73 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.69 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.63 million viewers
Only real positive was at least the hourly drops weren't bad although numbers were low to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It was reported over the weekend in a number of German newspaper outlets that WWE's current TV home in Germany, TELE 5 will not renew it's current contract when it ends in March 2017. The decision was made despite the fact that Raw is one of the most successful series on the network.

Stefan Kastenmüller, General Manager and WWE VP Europe, has told local media that Smackdown may also leave move as the current deal it has with Pro7 Maxx ends also in March 2017. Kastenmüller noted that WWE has a lot of interest from broadcast, digital and paid subscription channels in the market and expects to sign a new deal shortly.
Will become Network exclusive for a bit if the current deal expires before WWE finds a new home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned it’s only a matter of time before Luke Harper returns to the ring … sources with direct knowledge tell us he’s officially been cleared for action.
Report from the Observer seemed to imply he's going to RAW since he was seen backstage there during last night's show. Hanged out with Emma who is also rumored to be on the RAW brand now.

Quote:
Emma tweeted that she's been cleared to return to the ring for six weeks.
Tweet itself revealed she's been frustrated at having nothing to do since being cleared. https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/778052789134102528

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As noted, Paige was backstage at Raw but not used.
Quote:
ESPN posted a critical recap (written by Brian Campbell) of last night’s Raw. “As far as go-home episodes are concerned, this week did almost nothing to build excitement ahead of Raw's first exclusive PPV since the July brand extension and draft. If anything, the majority of Sunday's compelling storylines were set back.” Campbell wrote.
Link to the article: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...lash-champions

Quote:
AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” is coming to an end with the final episode of the show set for September 30th.
Main reason is related to Mauro Ranallo's contract with AXS TV expiring after this month.

Quote:
After TMZ reported last week that Brandi Rhodes had signed on with TNA Wrestling as an active wrestler, the company confirmed the news in a video on Monday morning.

In a short interview with Josh Mathews, Brandi noted that she was excited for the opportunity and had wanted to get in the ring for a long time.

“I am so excited to finally be in battle. I have wanted to wrestle for some time, and now that the opportunity has presented itself to be a part of the TNA Knockouts, I am just, just so excited. I cannot wait to get out there with some of those great, great Knockout gals and see what I can do.” Brandi said.

Brandi said that her intent when she entered the wrestling business was to compete inside of the ring but had other talents that she explored.
Quote:
We have no update on Terry Funk past what was talked about last night. Funk was reported as being dizzy and that he probably shouldn't have come from Texas to Philadelphia for the show, but it's Funk and he wasn't going to miss a booking for Tommy Dreamer. He got in the ring to cut a promo and said that it might be for the last time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Superstars:
*Darren Young pinned Curtis Axel.

*Goldust and R-Truth defeated Jinder Mahal and Titus O'Neil.
Guess the WWE pulled the plug on the Young-Titus feud.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • ESPN's weekly wrestling segment included ROH's champion Adam Cole for this week. Cole held a live Q&A session on ESPN's official Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/WWEonESPN/v...5869107252832/
  • Fox Sports had a recent interview with Jim Ross about how he signed The Rock to the WWE and how much the WWE spent to snag him away from USWA. http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/w...he-rock-091716
  • According to PWI, Austin Aires has still yet to sign an exclusive deal with the WWE which might mean he's unlikely to ever get called up till it happens.
  • During a recent interview with ESPN, Ceasro revealed he doesn't like his current entrance theme and wanted it to be changed once he got the Bonds-like entrance. Also revealed he's somewhat upset Vince still doesn't see the potential in him as a possible big star. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...evel-performer
  • Summer Rae currently denying rumors she's dealing with an injury after images of her wearing a neck brace looking device surfaced recently. https://twitter.com/RealSummerWWE/st...75202001498112
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #323
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Smackdown #1 Announcer Funaki Renee Young:

Quote:
After SmackDown's viewership nearly equaled Raw's last week, Tuesday night's show returned to retaining 85% of the Raw audience like it had usually been doing since the brand split.

Tuesday's episode of SmackDown was watched by just 2,292,000 viewers. That's the lowest number for SmackDown since moving to a live format on Tuesday nights ...

It will be interesting to see if next week's SmackDown will beat Raw in the ratings, with an advertised World Championship match headlining the show and Raw going against both Monday Night Football and the first presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
If Smackdown doesn't win next week considering the huge competition RAW will face, might prove the theory bad RAWs negatively influence Smackdown shows more than Smackdown itself regardless of the show's quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
WWE is apparently going to tone down the cruiserweights on Monday Night Raw, so they aren't doing as many big flips and high spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
Enzo & Big Cass vs. The Shining Stars could be added to Clash of Champions as a second pre-show match.
Quote:
TNA is teasing a debut for Thursday's episode of Impact, and all signs point to it being Cody Rhodes.

The company released a video on Wednesday afternoon advertising that "He is coming." The video claims that the debuting wrestler's past is behind him, his future is now, and all roads lead to tomorrow night. The video features a man in a suit, but never reveals who it is.

Thursday's episode of Impact has already been taped without Rhodes or anyone else debuting in front of the audience, so it seems likely that whoever debuts will be doing so in a pre-taped segment that wasn't seen by the crowd.
Quote:
Austin Aries, The Godfather, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Kerry Von Erich, Mojo Rawley, Papa Shango, Tye Dillinger, and Eddie Guerrero were announced as playable DLC characters for WWE 2K17.
Quote:
The Mexican Senate designated today as Dia del Luchador, basically it’s the Luchador Day.
Quote:
Chris Featherstone, host of Pancakes and Powerslams, has written an article on former WWE Tag Team Champion Rico Constantino’s declining health. Featherstone started a campaign for him to raise money to cover medical bills and ongoing hospital visits. Please share.
Link to the article and another link to the fundraiser: http://www.inquisitr.com/3529941/for...medical-bills/

Quote:
Ian Hamilton has a column at backbodydrop.com about how certain British groups are potentially ruining parts of the British scene for themselves and others with by cutting ticket prices.
Link to the article: http://backbodydrop.com/blog/comment...to-the-bottom/

Quote:
“WWE failed to take into account that it didn’t make a lot of sense,” he said. “Remember, I hated Alberto Del Rio, and he hated me. So, all of a sudden, I disappeared and came back. But it’s not necessarily the first step in wrestling that is the most important, because it’s the second step that identifies and clarifies the first one. That’s what we didn’t do. There was no chemistry, but there was also no logical explanation as to why I would be with Alberto. I said to the guys in the back, ‘I’m not getting the story,’ but people kept saying, ‘Just wait.’ I’ve walked on enough wrestling floors, and I know if a crowd isn’t getting a certain vibe. The chemistry wasn’t there with me and Alberto" ...

“I suggested that I get back with Jack. What I really wanted to say during my return was, ‘When I was away, I realized that, instead of building walls, we should be building bridges. Instead of hating on people, I should be loving people.’ That was the build-up, but then we’d find out that, while I was away, I was really having a s— fit about every son of a b—- who f—– me over, and Alberto was one of them. So my plan was to convince Alberto to let Jack join us, and then we’d do the big turn at the end, and that would have helped everybody. They didn’t see it that way, and Del Rio wanted to stay a heel. So I worked six weeks with Alberto, then they went their way and I went mine.”
From a recent interview Zeb Colter had with Sports Illustrated. http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...ling-interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A new book "Rowdy: The Roddy Piper Story", which began as an autobiography Piper began writing himself before he passed away, later being completed by his son Colt Toombs and daughter Ariel Toombs will be released on 10/4 by Random House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It's time for my road to WrestleMania 32 documentary be released. You can help by mentioning @WWE and using #ReleaseTheBear
— Daniel Bryan (@WWEDanielBryan) September 21, 2016

On last night's edition of "Talking Smack", Daniel Bryan noted that he wanted to ask fans to push WWE to release a produced but never seen documentary on a planned Daniel Bryan return to the ring at Wrestlemania 32 that would have seen Bryan wrestle a bear. Yes, a bear.

Bryan mentioned the documentary a few weeks back while being interviewed by Michael Cole, stating that actually wrestling the bear was the hardest thing he had ever done
Quote:
It was pointed out by Reddit user Original CheezIt last night that John Cena’s pinfall loss to Dean Ambrose on Smackdown Live was his first pinfall or submission loss on RAW or Smackdown in nearly seven years.

The last time Cena lost clean on either show via pinfall or submission was on the October 19, 2009 edition of RAW in a match against Triple H.

• SuperBestFriends podcast show had Xavier Woods as a special guest this week: http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podc...stin-creed-v1/
  • While UFC's Dana White previously hinted it wasn't going to occur, current rumors are teasing at CM Punk getting another fight in UFC within the near future. Current estimates for UFC 203 have it as a big success for the company and Punk as a possible big reason why.
  • Buff Bagwell's on-going lawsuit against the WWE regarding unpaid royalties recently had Raven joining the suit. Raven is also alleging the WWE owes him money from unpaid royalties due to the WWE Network.
  • The Revival's Scott Dawson recently debunked rumors of him being injured: https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/s...35372939374592
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, John Cena hasn't won a ppv singles match since Night of Champions 2015 (November). Currently his longest ppv singles win drought of his career. Also currently the longest amount of time he has gone without being a WWE/World champion which will his around 413 days when No Mercy occurs.
  • Ric Flair recently held a AMA session on r/SquaredCircle. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...e_wwe_hall_of/

Last edited by Emperor Smeat; 09-22-2016 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Pulled the Rico fundraiser link since aparently Bollin nor Rico have any involvement with it.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:00 AM   #324
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Damn, super best friends movingnup in the world.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:27 AM   #325
thecc
Polyam cult member #420

thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Damn, super best friends movingnup in the world.
YOU HAVEN'T SEEN DEATHNOTE??!!
thecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:41 AM   #326
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm obviously fascinated by the ratings news. I can't imagine Vince abandoning a plan due to his very stubborn nature, but I could see some pressure from USA Network to end the draft if someone with executive power sees it as a division of fruit instead of two unique and growing brands.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #327
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I hope not. I've been enjoying the product to the point where I'm actually watching raw and smackdown. Haven't watched either in like 5 years.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #328
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Samoa Bottom:

Quote:
Matt Hardy has gotten feelers from intermediaries that HHH wants him when his contract expires, which would be next spring. The problem is that he’s got pretty much creative control of his character here in TNA, plus can make his own schedule and he does extremely well on the indie scene, particularly when you throw in merchandise. With WWE there’s the killer schedule which probably isn’t the best thing for him physically right now. Granted, if something happens to TNA, that equation changes because he’s loaded with ideas for his character and he would need television to get them over
Quote:
As expected, Cody Rhodes has signed with TNA. He tweeted the following about joining the promotion.

When I released wwe I had no idea the opportunities & places I was bound for...#BoundForGlory https://t.co/hN3J7AbQO8
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) September 23, 2016
Quote:
The political situation with Alberto El Patron is that at least for now, he’s debuting in the main event of the 10/2 Heroes Inmortales show. AAA is apparently the only promotion in Mexico that was willing to pay $4,000 per appearance as CMLL simply isn’t going to pay anyone that much. Elite was paying bigger money to AAA guys to jump, but with the limited capacity of Arena Naucalpan, where they are now running, it just makes no sense to pay that much for one guy. The problem is that working here dooms Alberto for New Japan. New Japan made him an offer for a schedule similar to that of A.J. Styles when he was there, but he’d have to work CMLL in Mexico. He wasn’t interested in being in Japan that much anyway.
Quote:
This may not happen, especially since it would be months away if it does happen, but there’s been a pitch for Benjamin, Swagger and Ziggler as a Varsity Club/shooters type group on Smackdown. The thing is from an international standpoint, the most accomplished wrestler on Smackdown would be Gable, who went to the Olympics, although Benjamin, who placed third in the nation as a senior would be the most accomplished NCAA wrestler on the brand. Gable in NXT at one point headed up a shooters group and it was dropped because of the idea that Vince hates those kinds of gimmicks and it would hurt everyone involved
Quote:
Talent has been told over the last week or so that New Japan is looking to expand into new international markets. This may lead to more of the foreigners getting contracts, similar to Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, Rocky Romero, Tama Tonga and Michael Elgin where they are New Japan as their home group. .. Expect Adam Cole & Young Bucks to work together as a trio more going forward as key players in the trios division.
Quote:
TNA has announced a Bound for Gold match for the 10/2 Bound for Glory PPV. Essentially it's a Royal Rumble match with the winner getting a title match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it doesn’t look like Ricochet will be heading to WWE like many thought. The reports says that he is looking at staying with New Japan for the foreseeable future. Lucha Underground also made him a very good offer, and he may choose to keep working there and filling the rest of his dates with indie and NJPW dates. He recently posted, “Think I just got some great news. 2017 may just be my best year to date! Not WWE,” on Twitter, which the WON says is in regards to his NJPW opportunities.
Quote:
Ryback has legally changed his name to Ryback Allen Reeves, in his attempt to continue using the Ryback name for wrestling and other marketing ventures after WWE claimed ownership of the name.
Quote:
John Cena’s hiatus that beings midway through next month for the second season of American Grit will be over by the end of the year. Wrestling Inc reports that Cena, who will likely work Survivor Series in the middle of his hiatus, is scheduled for the December 26th Smackdown house show in Madison Square Garden in New York City. This is about on par with when he returned last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE and TNA talent Kia Stevens, best known as Awesome Kong and Kharma, has joined the cast of Netflix's forthcoming comedy "GLOW", based on the 1980s female wrestling league The Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, which aired for several years and even did a national tour based on the success of the series' syndicated TV series, according to Deadline.com.
Quote:
There really isn’t much of an update on the future of TNA in regards to a sale. Billy Corgan is the President as is running the company, and Dixie Carter is largely out of decision making power. She still owns about 70 percent of the company but is looking to sell because the company needs money to continue and she doesn’t have it, and the company is heavily in debt, which is a key. Corgan is said to be the most likely buyer.
Quote:
The Dudleys may not be doing a lot of indie stuff as there is talk of Devon taking a job as an agent with WWE while Bubba would continue to work as a single on the indies, and both would continue to co-own their Florida wrestling school
Quote:
Ryan Reeves (Ryback) did an interview with Sports Illustrated, and gave some clues as how he was able to keep his physique in a drug tested environment. For years several in WWE would bring up to me how guys weren’t happy because he was allowed to keep his physique, so to speak. I always thought that meant he just had access to stuff that you couldn’t catch, but in actuality he was given a testosterone use exemption because he had burned out his own system by taking steroids. He said that he had low testosterone, saying he used steroids when he was younger, his natural production was shut down and it never came back. He said he was given an allowance for TRT. WWE had banned usage of TRT for its talent in 2007 except for those who they had already given approval to before that time. In theory, that makes sense, because if you allow people usage of TRT, the theory is the body becomes dependent on it and won’t function well without it.
Quote:
In Chael Sonnens latest podcast he has Chris Jericho as his guest and Chael asks Chris how he feels about guys like AJ Styles who not only makes it into the WWE, but winning the title as well. Chris goes on to say he feels prideful that he got to introduce the audience to AJ and getting the styles clash unbanned from WWE. Apparently the move was banned before AJ got there. Also claims to hook viktor from ascent up with a job. It's on ep.128 of "You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen" around the 41:00 mark
Source is from r/SquaredCircle

Quote:
Bleacher Report writer Jason King, the author or “The Great Fall of Chyna,” was recently on X-Pac 1,2,360. During his appearance, he spoke about working on the article and revealed that Chyna left WWE over a contract issue. King shared the information, which came from Chyna’s sister, Kathy…

“Getting ahold of Kathy [Hamilton, Chyna’s sister] to me was the key to the whole story. She and Chyna’s mom had never really spoken much to the media and there was just a lot of questions about what was Chyna really like before she became a wrestler. And not only that Kathy and her were still very close during the time she was in the WWE and that was obviously when she was dating Triple H, and that was when she had the contract issues. And you know Chyna had kind of pushed a narrative once she was no longer in the WWE that she was let go or fired or however you want to call it, or didn’t get her contract renewed, and that wasn’t entirely true. According to her sister she was offered $400,000 a year to renew the contract and she turned it down. She wanted a base salary, downside of a million.”
Quote:
From sources in Germany, Tele 5 had enough of WWE. WWE is attempting to set up a bidding war for rights since both Raw and Smackdown deals are about to expire. ProSieben told WWE that the shows produce adequate ratings but are net money losers due to them not being able to sell advertising inventory. In Germany, nobody except WWE licensees have showed a lot of interest in advertising on the shows, even German subsidiaries of companies that advertise on the USA Network. A lot of the deal was based on ProSieben getting PPV revenue from WWE shows, but with the PPV revenue dead, there was no economic incentive. The feeling is if WWE loses broadcast TV and goes back to Sky (pay TV) in Germany, they’ll be back to half houses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
So, I am watching old WCW on the WWE Network. Can you explain to me WHY Robocop appeared at Capital Combat? Was he in storylines? Why did they subject the great Gordon Solie to silly vignettes? WHY?

The appearance was a promotional appearance to help promote the Robocop 2 film, which was about to be released theatrically. He appeared on the PPV and a few commercials with Sting but that was it. It was beyond silly.
WCW story from back in the day from a recent Q&A report by PWI.

• WWE's website recently had an interview with Mark Henry about his 20 year career in the company. http://www.wwe.com/article/mark-henr...w?sf36666376=1
  • According to PWI, Paul London is currently an agent for Lucha Underground.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Dean Ambrose currently has wrestled the most matches in 2016 with 146 matches according to website cagematch.net. Wrestled 3 more matches than Isami Kodaka who is #2 and 8 more matches than Owens for closet WWE wrestler. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...tled_the_most/
  • Update to recent Rico health issues news as the GoFundMe fundraiser set up to help fund Rico's medical costs likely is a scam due to Rico's manager revealing they are not involved with it nor did the person in charge ever contact them.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:13 AM   #329
Mr. Nerfect

I'm actually glad to hear the Rico thing is a scam. I hope it means he's not in those sorts of dire straits.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:13 AM   #330
Mr. Nerfect

Really intriguing about the WWE allowing some of its guys to dope up and not others.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #331
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Evil Emma Friday:

Quote:
Today would be the 99th birthday of El Santo, the most famous wrestler in Mexico and most of the Spanish speaking world. When you go to google.com and see a Lucha Libre depiction, it is meant as a celebration of Santo's birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 9/22 edition of Impact Wrestling did 377,000 viewers, up from last week's 366,000 viewers. It was the second increase in as many weeks and was the highest audience for the series since the original "Final Deletion" episode back in July. It was also the highest audience for the series on Thursdays on Pop.
Quote:
Regarding Cody Rhodes, he will be doing Bound for Glory on 10/2 but is still scheduled for ROH starting with Final Battle on 12/2 and will be working somewhat regularly with ROH in the first few months of 2017. He can't use the name Cody Rhodes which is why last night on TNA he was just called Cody, but they can call his wife Brandi Rhodes, and she will be wrestling there as well. While Mike Bennett is working with Moose at Bound for Glory, the eventual program is Cody & Brandi Rhodes vs. Bennett & Maria Kanellis, which will probably be pushed at the post-BFG tapings.
Quote:
This is notable because Cody can’t use the Rhodes name, particularly in TNA or ROH, at least as of right now. The difference is that WWE registered the name Cody Rhodes and he had no prior usage before WWE. WWE never registered Brandi Rhodes as a name, and she never used that name in WWE, so she can use it anywhere she wants. The clever aspect is that if she’s there as Brandi Rhodes and they do mixed tag feuds, they can bill it and the announcers can say Cody & Brandi Rhodes, with the idea that his ring name is just Cody (which he can obviously use as his real name). The last I’d heard, he was going to just use the name “Cody” when doing television
Quote:
Kurt Angle was on the Dan LeBatard show and claimed at his worst he was taking 65 extra strength Vicodin daily. He noted that everybody was drinking in TNA so he drank and took meds and would save them all for the night, noting it led to four DUI's in five years. He finally went to rehab in 2013 and claimed until that point that the drug addictions were ruining his life.
Link to the interview: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...diction-issues

Quote:
Randy Orton will be the guest on Booker T's radio show "Heated Conversations" on Sports Radio 610 in Houston on Saturday night at 8:30 p.m. local time (7:30 p.m. Eastern). He's going to talk about his Tweets on the flag, the national anthem and more.
Quote:
There will be a Lucha Underground panel on 10/9 at the New York Comic Con at 4 p.m. in Room 1A06 with Rey Mysterio Jr., Eric Van Wagenen (Executive Producer), Ivelisse, Catrina, Taya, Dorian Roldan and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE's William Regal made a surprise appearance at tonight's Chaotic Wrestling event in Woburn, MA. Regal, who was not advertised, appeared as a guest General Manager for the promotion, setitng the stage for a championship match between Chaotic champion Chase Del Monte and challenge Scotty Slade.

Regal was at the promotion tonight because he was scouting talent for WWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In regard to a story making the rounds online about ROH champion Adam Cole being angry the company has extended his contract several months, that is blatantly incorrect. As PWInsider.com Elite subscribers may remember, when I interviewed Cole back on 6/23, we discussed the extension and how that was something that he requested the company do - because he felt loyal to Ring of Honor for paying him for several months even though he was out with his arm injuries.
Quote:
Emma (Tenille Dashwood, 27) was brought to television last week and went on the road this week as a referee on the Raw tour. I don’t know that makes it a lock she’s on the Raw brand or not, and wouldn’t be until she’s actually on television, but it does look likely. If that’s the case it would be splitting up of a couple since her boyfriend, Ryder, is on Smackdown. She’s been out of action since May with back surgery. She wasn’t expected to be back wrestling until around November but has been cleared to perform
Quote:
Add Summer Rae to the injury list. She’s out of action with a neck injury, as well as back and elbow issues and hasn’t worked in about a month. There’s no listed return date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
A GoFundMe page has been set up in support of former WWE Superstar Rico Constantino … and the fund has grown considerably today thanks to a sizable contribution from Chris Jericho.

Jericho — using his real name — donated $3,000 to the fund, which was established to help Constantino pay for medical expenses, as he’s recently been dealing with serious health problems.

According to the GoFundMe’s description, Rico has visited the doctor five times and was forced to stay twice. It also says he has two leaky heart valves, two blood clots, and traumatic brain issues — which they claim is due to his time in the ring.

Constantino is hoping to raise $10,000 in total. At present he has raised $3,467.
Seems like the GoFundMe fundraiser is legit or at least Rico's manager recently gave his approval even though he doesn't know when Rico will actually get the money. Still would rather want people to donate to PayPal since they don't take a cut of the funds generated.

• According to PWI, Ring of Honor will be putting a bigger focus on their Women's division from now on.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, next month would have been the end of Bret Hart's original 20 year contract with the WWE. Signed a new deal in October 1996 although rumors of it being worth $1 million a year were debunked.
  • Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer is currently dealing with some online backlash regarding explaining on Twitter why the word "mark" is considered derogatory in the wrestling industry. The main problem was invoking the N word for comparisons on similar derogatory words used within wrestling. Tweet itself was quickly deleted and he apologized for trying to imply both were the same in status. https://abload.de/img/1474653650788ylbdl.png
  • Rumor going around the net involves Seth Rollins possibly getting a new entrance theme within the near future. Musical band Downstait revealed on their official Instagram page they were working on something for Rollins. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ8j3vphnnk/
  • The Tomorrow Show had a recent interview with DDP with topics including WCW considering him being the one to break Goldberg's streak and leaving almost $500k on the table to break his AOL/Time Warner contract to go to the WWE. http://411mania.com/wrestling/ddp-di...s-streak-more/
Old 09-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #332
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ROH has the women to have a women's division. The Women of Honor show are not bad but they really need a ROH Womens Championship to take that nesmxt step.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:32 AM   #333
Mr. Nerfect

Seth Rollins should use Black Flag's "Slip It In" as an entrance theme.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:36 AM   #334
Mr. Nerfect

I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the women under contract, but I like Amber Gallows and Taeler Hendrix. ODB and Jessicka Havok are different from the norm. It'd be nice if they could get Amazing Kong, but I think she has signed on with that GLOW show. Jeff Jarrett should really let them use Mickie James and Christina Von Eerie.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #335
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Kevin Owens pulling an Enzo:

Quote:
In a number that you can basically throw out as not being indicative of much of anything, WWE Raw did set its all-time low mark last night doing 2.46 million viewers.

The rating itself, not yet in, is a virtual certainty to be the lowest in the history of the show, and lowest for any WWE wrestling television show ever on Monday night dating back to the Prime Time Wrestling era ...

It will likely be the lowest rating for the for a long time, but the circumstances or judging anything by it are as silly as saying the NFL is dying because it dropped 34 percent in one week. Raw was down eight percent, but it would have been a lot worse had the debate started at 8 p.m. instead of 9 p.m ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.85 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.38 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.20 million viewers
In terms of rankings, RAW's best hour (8PM) ended up being ranked #11 and overall #15 for stuff on cable last night.

Quote:
This capped off a month with the lowest average viewership in over 20 years for the WWE’s flagship show. For the month of September, the show averaged 2.719 million viewers. As a comparison, the show averaged 4.127 million viewers in September 2012, the year the show moved to 3 hours.
More on RAW's ratings and viewership struggles in regards to the whole month and not just because of last night's onslaught.

Quote:
D-Von Dudley tweeted from Raw last night that he’s liking his new role in WWE. Dave Meltzer reported in last week’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there had been talk of D-Von taking a job as an agent with the company.
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/TestifyDVon/stat...13200299212801

Quote:
With Roman Reigns winning the United States Championship against Rusev at Clash of Champions, every member of the Shield has now won both the World and US Championships.
Quote:
Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll will team up to take on The Young Bucks during Ring of Honor’s upcoming tour of the United Kingdom. The match will take place at ROH’s stop in Leicester on November 19th.
Quote:
After signing with TNA as an active wrestler, Brandi Rhodes is training with Chris Hero.
Quote:
WWN contracted wrestlers Drew Gulak and Tony Nese wrestled on WWE Raw last night in Cruiserweight Division matches. Both Gulak and Nese are now featured on the WWE.com Raw Roster section. This is another step in the building relationship between EVOLVE/WWN and WWE. We are very happy to say that Gulak and Nese will continue to wrestle in EVOLVE while they compete in the WWE Cruiserweight Division. Gulak is set to team with Tracy Williams to challenge EVOLVE Tag Team Champions DUSTIN & Drew Galloway at EVOLVE 70 on October 15th in Orlando, FL. The losing duo can never team again. Tony Nese returns to EVOLVE on November 12th in Queens, NY and November 13th in Joppa, MD.
Quote:
Over a year after being released by the UFC, former MMA fighter Shayna Baszler is receiving a tryout at the WWE Performance Center.

Baszler, a longtime pro wrestling fan, made the transition from the Octagon to the squared circle after asking for her release because her contract didn't allow her to do pro wrestling. She made her in-ring debut in September of 2015 and has gone on to wrestle for a number of promotions.
Quote:
WWE announced a new television deal in Germany for both Raw and Smackdown after the current deals expire in March 2017.

7Sports will be airing both shows, making it the first time WWE has been able to get over-the-air deals for both of its flagship shows in that market.

They will moving from Tele 5 (Raw) and Pro 7 Maxx (Smackdown). The former announced the decision last week not to renew its contract.
Declining viewership was revealed as the main reason why the current network didn't bother to renew the deal. WWE revealed they average around 500k for viewers in the German market.

Quote:
Randy Orton appeared last night on Booker T's radio show in Houston. He talked about going AWOL before he was a wrestler saying, "I didn't have the courage to die for my country. You could see from them the courage to die for this country, that they would be willing to risk everything for this country, for our freedom. that's why you should stand for the pledge. That's why you should stand for the anthem." He also said he respects what Colin Kaepernick was kneeling for but doesn't respect what he's doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The NXT Twitter account just noted that "The Drifter" Elias Samson would be returning to action at the NXT house show in Lakeland, FL on Thursday.

Samson fractured his ankle at a June NXT show in Nashville.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Kofi Kingston received 8 stitches after his bout on Raw against Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.
Quote:
Former WWE star Ryback has been in talks over the last week with Bellator MMA about fighting. He teased an announcement on Twitter and Bellator has confirmed there have been talks, but nothing serious.

"Spoke, but nothing close," said Bellator CEO Scott Coker.

Sources close to the wrestler confirmed to us that he's interested in fighting and in the end it will come down to money. He spoke about the situation today on Las Vegas radio.
Quote:
On the subject of Cena's pursuit of world title reign number 16, Flair indicated that he hopes Cena ties his record.

"Well, first of all, I text John. I love John. He's always, even when I'm not there, he throws me name out there and keeps me in the public eye. I would be elated if John got that. I mean, he [has] worked hard enough and it's never going to affect my legacy. I think the world of John Cena as a person, as a man."

Flair added, "but I think the world of John and I think that when I look at what he has done for the company, and, of course, the company has done a lot for him, but his work ethic is incredible. He's a great guy. He's a great ambassador. And if he won that title for the sixteenth time, I'd be the first to congratulate him."

'The Dirtiest Player In The Game' admitted that he would love to face Cena at WrestleMania if Cena wins his sixteenth world championship. Flair went on to say that there is no big name he did not wrestle with except for Cena and the former members of The Shield.

"Well, I would love for John Cena to win the title and them to give me six months to get ready because I could wrestle again very easily, but I would need six months just for cosmetics and a couple months of everyday training in the ring at the [WWE] Performance Center. I would love that, for that to happen. I don't think it ever will, but I could be in that kind of shape if I got the head's up in the next month or so." Flair said, "I wrestled everybody except for John, in a single, and, of course, The Shield, the new guys, and that. There's nobody I missed. I think that's what makes my career unique, is I wrestled everybody"
From a recent podcast episode of The Ric Flair Show: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016...ie-his-record/

Old 09-28-2016, 12:48 AM   #336
Mr. Nerfect

B-but Matt Hardy is a genius. How could this happen?
Old 09-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #337
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Perfect 10:

Quote:
The Tuesday, September 27th edition of SmackDown Live on USA Network drew 2.340 million viewers, headlined between WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose.

That number was up 2% from last week, which was the lowest the company had experienced for SmackDown since the brand spli ...

Smackdown is now averaging 2.564 million viewers since the brand split, which is well above what the show had been doing when airing taped on Tuesday nights. Over the same time frame, Raw has averaged 3.004 million.
Probably safe to assume by now RAW does have a negative effect on Smackdown if Smackdown still can't take advantage of RAW's decline during the new brand split era. Also pretty much proves another theory WWE's floor for viewers is a little over 2 million regardless of the quality of shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTorch
scored a 1.75 TV rating, down 11 percent from last week’s show.

The previous standard-week, low-point for Raw was a 1.8 back in October 1996. However, there was a Christmas Week episode on December 23, 1996 that scored a 1.5 rating to set the all-time low-point.

Raw’s three hours averaged 2.478 million viewers, down eight percent (about 206,000 viewers) from last week.

It was the least-watched show of the year, but the first hour helped the show avoid falling completely off the table.

First Hour: 2.850 million viewers, the most since Labor Day
Second Hour: 2.381 million viewers, down about 300,000 viewers from last week
Third Hour: 2.203 million viewers, down about 430,000 viewers from last week
The third hour of Raw was likely one of the least-watched hours in the history of the show. It also continued the streak of Raw’s third hour declining from the second hour for the 28th consecutive week.
Some more details about RAW's historic low this week. All-time low for RAW in WWE history but not when including holidays.

Quote:
Daniel Bryan tweeted a video clip of the mockumentary he’s trying to get WWE to release chronicling his supposedly scheduled WrestleMania 32 match with a bear.
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/s...14457565437952

Quote:
John Cena appeared on Talking Smack after WWE SmackDown last night. During the segment, Cena spoke with Daniel Bryan and Renee Young, Dean Ambrose's real-life girlfriend, about Ambrose calling him a lazy part-timer last week.

Cena said that while there may be a little truth in Ambrose's comments, he's getting them twisted and his record speaks for itself when it comes to be being called "lazy." He said that when Ambrose talks about him riding on a private bus or a plane after the shows, he's correct. But what he doesn't know is that while Ambrose's day ends right now, he's going to work and he's flying to New York to promote Total Bellas this week while Ambrose gets to go home to recuperate.

Cena noted that Ambrose makes millions of dollars from WWE and he works hard for it, and he doesn't appreciate when people say that he's high and mighty because he hopes they aspire to do for the business what he is trying to do. He said that he didn't get a chance to be a part of the first SmackDown Live pay-per-view because he was in China helping global relations between WWE and the country so hopefully years from now Ambrose or other stars can be on a SmackDown Live pay-per-view or a WrestleMania in front of 100,000 people in Beijing or Shanghai. Cena said that he knows it won't happen to him, but he's happy to open that door and help to get that ball rolling.

Cena brought up Ambrose saying that he doesn't dress in the same locker room as the other wrestlers and admitted that he didn't, saying that you are the sum of the five people you spend your most time with and that "Dean Ambrose would slow me down." He said that while Ambrose may hang out with the Samoans or Jack Swagger, he can ask them who they go to for genuine advice in WWE when they really need help, and they will respond that "it's me."

Cena later once again said that he's getting ready to head to New York to promote Total Bellas, and it will be his pleasure because he wants for it to be a success because Nikki Bella works her butt off. "Like I said, you are the sum of the five people you surround yourself with and I surround myself with people that just go," Cena said. "The Vince McMahons of the world, people who are the first to show up and the last to leave. "No, I don't stand and dress where Dean Ambrose dresses, but this is where someone has twisted reality. Dean Ambrose said 'John Cena and Dean Ambrose don't like each other.' No. Dean Ambrose doesn't like John Cena. John Cena doesn't care about Dean Ambrose. And if Dean Ambrose wants me to care about him at No Mercy, he'll either need to step up or step aside."

Cena said that "Ambrose cashed in a suitcase to win the championship, won a match and then lost the title. He noted that when The Shield first debuted, Ambrose looked special. Cena said that right now there are two bonafide WWE superstars from the group: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns, and that Ambrose is still trying to figure it out".
Link to the Talking Smack video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nr4XrxcInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Billy Corgan appeared on SiriusXM's "Busted Open" radio show discussing TNA and where things stand for the company this afternoon leading into Sunday's Bound for Glory PPV.

Corgan said there were a lot of people "at the table right now" and said, "Whatever is going to happen this week or this weekend is going to change the director of the company forever...and this is not a wrestling angle."

When asked about the potential that Bound for Glory would not take place this Sunday, Corgan said he would be in Orlando "rain or shine" and said that the last three rounds of tapings, he has been the person who agreed to financially float those PPV/tapings so they could take place, noting they were deals where the "ink was drying" as TNA went to the ring. Corgan said that he's done everything in his power to make sure that Bound for Glory takes place from a personal and financial level - noting that he was using money from "his own pile" to attempt to purchase the "majority ownership" of TNA - and that he had put everything in place on his end. He said that at the end of the day, it's not up to him but he would personally be in Orlando "rain or shine."

Corgan said that the funding is part of the negotiations and the question is, what are the people funding the show getting for their money? Corgan said that where it gets complicated is that it's one thing to fund the company, but it's another to set the company up to be solvent and successful. Corgan said he didn't want to be having the same conversation with Busted Open in three months. Corgan said he has the funds to step forward, but if that means in two months, talents are in the same boat yet again, then what would be the point. Corgan said that all of talents he's spoken with are on board and hopeful he can "win" and steer the TNA ship going forward ...

Corgan also noted that he met with Pop TV President Bradley Schwartz last week in Los Angeles and Schwartz was very much on board with TNA and the "culture" Corgan wanted for the company.
Quote:
On October 29th in Baltimore, MD, Ring of Honor will tape television focusing solely on the Women of Honor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Seth Rollins wrote the following on Twitter:

Wrestling hurts, but that's part of the price paid to live in dreams. Crushed ribs or not, I'll be in LA for #Raw next week..ready to fight.
— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) September 28, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who have asked, Noam Dar is scheduled to debut next month on Raw for the Cruiserweight division. Gran Metallik will be in regularly once he completes his Mexico commitments.
Quote:
Wade Keller said today on the PWTorch Livecast with Jason Powell that Vince bans use of his name at WWE Hall of Fame ceremonies because he wants it to be about the wrestlers and not about people thanking him and stuff.
Would follow previous rumors and reports about Vince's views of the Hall and never wanting to be inducted (at least while alive).

Quote:
According WNW, Roman Reigns got heat and schooled when he came back through the curtain this past Raw. He was told, as a face, to hit Rusev across his back, but decided to sit down before doing what he was told. Vince and Triple H both agreed that what Roman did was 'dumb'.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #338
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Corgan really seemed like he wants to then TNA around but he has realistic doubts about the future of the company. Part of me would like to see WWE buy them but I also would like to see what Corgan has in mind for the company as it seems he wants to make a lot of changes. Might start the Impact thread early as it might be the last Impact.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #339
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
I wish Cena would just leave nobody gives a FUCK anymore!
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:49 PM   #340
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Also cool to hear Reigns has some heat backstage with Hunter and Vince. It was dumb what he did if he is a face.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #341
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Corgan really seemed like he wants to then TNA around but he has realistic doubts about the future of the company. Part of me would like to see WWE buy them but I also would like to see what Corgan has in mind for the company as it seems he wants to make a lot of changes. Might start the Impact thread early as it might be the last Impact.
Feeling around the net is Corgan finally realized how deep TNA's problems are and stretching himself thin financially just to buy the company (and probably its debts).
Old 09-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #342
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

I think his best bet is to just hope WWE buys it and he takes what they dont wants and starts his own promotion. I don't imagine WWE would want a whole lot of their talent but I could be wrong with a lot of veteran's turning them down for returns.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:03 AM   #343
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
I wish Cena would just leave nobody gives a FUCK anymore!
You are not a real person.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #344
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
I think his best bet is to just hope WWE buys it and he takes what they dont wants and starts his own promotion. I don't imagine WWE would want a whole lot of their talent but I could be wrong with a lot of veteran's turning them down for returns.
Matt Hardy
Eddie Edwards
Davey Richards
Bram
Abyss
EC 3
Mike Bennet
DJ Z
Rockstar Spud
All the knockouts, except Gail Kim

Could see WWE going for any of those people, unless they have heat with tje company I don't know about, or a past PR stain.

Wish WWE would reach out to Kong. Thought she left on good terms, but her history of backstage controversy might be preventing her fro m returning. All I know is Asuka vs Kong is THE women's dream match right now.

Seeing Gail Kim in the current enviornment would be great, but no way does she ever sign a contract with them again.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 AM   #345
Mr. Nerfect

Mike Bennett is married to Maria who seems to have real life heat with The Bellas. If that's the case, there is no way the WWE takes them, even though I'd take Maria over Nikki Bella any day.

The Wolves had a tryout with WWE and ignored the call to go home after a scary bump and they weren't offered deals. One could easily image that blowing over, but I'd expect to see them in ROH/New Japan before we see them in WWE.

Bram isn't going back to WWE. Multiple occurances of domestic violence and the ex-husband of Charlotte. Abyss is interesting. I don't know how legit the talks were, but there were solid rumors of him jumping to the WWE years ago, but he sort of swerved everybody and signed with TNA. I always imagined that was it for him. I can't imagine there is massive heat on him, but I don't think they need him, and I don't know how much they'd do with him. Maybe they'd put him with Bray Wyatt as his new monster?

EC3 I imagine would get signed. DJ Z? Eh, they've already got their token Filipino. Spud's iffy. I could see him coming in as the man-servant to someone, or as an obnoxious prick in the Cruiserweight Division. He's basically a British Brad Maddox as far as his gimmick goes, isn't he?

Cherry Bomb is a maybe. Mia Yim is also a maybe, but they already had a look at her and passed over her. Still, I could see her in NXT. Marti Belle I can see in NXT dancing along with No Way Jose. Sienna could replace Paige as the "alternative girl." I think Brandi Rhodes, Gail Kim, Chelsea Green, Maria, Madison Rayne, Raquel, Reby Hardy and Rosemary are passed up on. Well, maybe they do bring in The Decay and Rosemary is a part of that?
Old 09-29-2016, 04:13 AM   #346
Mr. Nerfect

I can very easily see Braxton Sutter and Allie as a power couple in NXT, since they haven't done one of those, from memory.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:56 PM   #347
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Final Deletion of TNA?

Quote:
With Bound for Glory and television tapings scheduled for this week, the expectation was that TNA would be sold by now, although that’s been the feeling for weeks.

As of press time, it still hasn’t happened.

This puts the company in a tough position because Dixie Carter is still the majority owner of the company with 70 percent of the stock. But, she has no money to fund this coming week’s shows.

This has been the case for every set of tapings going back several months, where in the end, either Aroluxe at first and Billy Corgan of late, have funded the tapings in exchange for ownership. We’ve also heard word that Fite TV has a stake in the company.

The shows are all written. The talent has tickets for Orlando. But the money isn’t there to produce the shows, which would be around $600,000. The frustration across the board has grown with fingers pointed at Carter for making a mess of the sale negotiations.

“There are a lot of hurdles and games being played,” said one person with knowledge of how the sale talks are going. “She (Dixie Carter) has really made a mess and is responsible for all of it.”
They have till tomorrow to raise the money needed or else have to shut down future tv tapings and ppvs till it happens.

Quote:
Billy Corgan was on the Dan LeBatard show on ESPN and said he doesn't believe a WWE purchase of TNA is going to happen and said there was a standoff among different sides as far as what is going to happen. He said that since he's a part owner, he'd know if a WWE deal was going to happen. He couldn't answer when asked if Bound for Glory would happen on Sunday past saying he doesn't believe people want to do something that would put people out of work. Corgan is attempting to finalize ownership of the company this week but it's been a slower process than hoped for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Dixie Carter Tweeted the following this evening, obviously in reference to all the stories surrounding the company:

Look forward to sharing news soon! @IMPACTWRESTLING has the BEST fans & and an amazing show on NOW #ImpactOnPop
— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) September 30, 2016
Quote:
As far as the big question of the today besides what is up with TNA, Kota Ibushi has not signed with WWE. He has agreed to work dates in the tag team tournament and is open for taking any dates in WWE, but at this point not willing to sign a full-time deal.
Quote:
WWE had a victory in court this past week in getting the concussion class action suit (the one headed by James Laurinaitis, Jimmy Snuka, Paul Orndorff, Butch Reed and 50 other former wrestlers) transferred to Judge Vanessa Bryant's court. Bryant has in the past made favorable rulings in WWE's favor on other concussion suits regarding cases being time barred. Based on her own past rulings, virtually every case would be thrown out. They are also trying to get the Buff Bagwell/Raven case regarding WWE Network royalties transferred to Bryant's court. (thanks to Chris Harrington).
Quote:
Paige will be undergoing neck surgery so it likely to be out of action for some time to come. She tweeted that she had two different surgery options.
Quote:
Regarding Royal Rumble, the announcement is expected to take place this coming week of the location. The cities mentioned the most are San Antonio and Los Angeles. WWE officials have consistently denied Los Angeles to us.
Quote:
BOOM Studios new WWE comic book series will be launching in January. The first story will be about Seth Rollins trying to win the WWE championship.
Quote:
Revolution Pro announced an 11/10 show at Bethnal Green in London featuring Chris Hero vs. Tomohiro Ishii.
Quote:
Scott Coker was on Eric Bischoff's podcast and asked about Ryback in Bellator and said: "I can comment on it and really it's a very short conversation because their management did reach out. We had a very brief conversation. I'm not sure where it's at but I don't think it went very far. If they don't have some type of background in either Jiu Jitsu or collegiate wrestling or Thai boxing or a combat sports background, it's tough for them. It's like someone from a martial arts background trying to be a pro wrestler. If you're not schooled and don't go through the education process of how to do it, then you're going to have a hard time. I think that's what you saw with the C.M. Punk situation."
Quote:
A number of prominent unsigned wrestlers are receiving a tryout at the WWE Performance Center this week.

In an article on WWE.com on Thursday afternoon, WWE revealed many of the wrestlers receiving tryouts and highlighted former UFC fighter Shayna Baszler and Eddie Kingston among the names. Our Dave Meltzer confirmed earlier this week that the 36-year-old Baszler would be receiving a tryout at the Performance Center.

Some of independent wrestling's top women's wrestlers are trying out alongside Baszler, including Heidi Lovelace, Nicole Savoy, Kimber Lee, and Su Yung. WWE also noted that a female referee is receiving a tryout, along with endurance athlete Ella Anne Kociuba.

Cedric Rougeau, the son of former WWE wrestler Jacques Rougeau, is among the male wrestlers in the group. Other male names confirmed by WWE are Jacob Fatu of the Anoa’i wrestling dynasty, Canadian tag team Jeff Parker and Matt Lee, and former Buffalo Bills fullback Corey Knox.
Link to the WWE article: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/arti...end-wwe-tryout

Quote:
The Cruiserweight Classic finale won't be the last we've seen of Kota Ibushi in WWE.

WWE announced on Thursday afternoon that Hideo Itami would be teaming with Ibushi in the second annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
Quote:
There’s nothing new on the proposed Lucha Underground house shows in October. Talent was contacted about dates for three shows in October, but from what we’re told, nobody has heard anything since and a lot of the talent because of hearing nothing, started taking bookings for those dates. At this point nobody has been told anything about when the fourth season filming will begin
Quote:
Will Ospreay is going to be in ROH as a regular starting as soon as his Visa goes through. The same goes for Marty Scurll. Both are starting on the November tour of the U.K
Quote:
The stuff about Andrade Cien Almas not being happy was no surprise in Mexico as what Del Rio said was common knowledge among fans there nor him speaking out of turn. It’s possible the higher ups in WWE didn’t know
Quote:
Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada) did an interview in Mexico saying he won’t be leaving Mexico until the end of October because he wanted to fulfill all of his promised bookings. He said he didn’t want to burn any bridges in Mexico as he hopes to return some day. The one thing about him is that most guys on the way out would have done the bookings and worked safe matches, as he’s talented enough that he doesn’t have to do as much as he does. But for the last couple of months, every time I’ve seen him, it’s all out and the match he did at the cruiserweight classic with Akira Tozawa was really his usual level of performance I’ve seen on a number of shows over the past few months

• According to PWI, WWE is waiting till the asking price for TNA's lowers before making an official bid for the company. They still are rumored to only want the table library but also are demanding as terms for no-compete clauses be included for TNA's management.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Cody Rhodes is currently on track to become the first wrestler ever to have competed at Mania, TNA's Bound For Glory, and ROH's Final Battle within a single year. Also the first when including PWG's Battle of Los Angeles for major wrestling ppv events in the US.
  • According to reports, New York State Commission is updating their wrestling rules to include more MMA-like rules and restrictions. Several indies are already complaining it will make it a lot harder for them to run shows in the state. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._the_new_york/
  • During a recent RF Video teaser with Matt Hardy as the guest, Hardy blamed both Hulk Hogan and Eric Bishoff for being the huge reasons why TNA is still in a mess. Also said TNA has done a terrible job with the X Division compared to earlier years. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...bischoff-rape/
  • Eric Andre revealed Chris Jericho will be his guest for tomorrow's show on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim. https://twitter.com/ericandre/status/781521016250073089
Old 09-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #348
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Funaki Fridays:

Quote:
The story of James Gibson (Jamie Noble) being stabbed twice and hospitalized is correct but. Pro Wrestling Sheet reported the story this morning and WWE sources confirmed the story is accurate and the company was also hoping to get more details. The Mercer County (West Virginia) Sheriff's Office is listed as saying Gibson returned home this morning after a long drive (Cleveland most likely) and left the house to get a snack while his girlfriend took a bath. Upon his return to his Mobile home park, a driver pulled up behind his car and started yelling at him for cutting him off on the road. The story is that Gibson apologized but the two men in the other car continued to yell at him. Gibson took one of them down and two more men got out of the car and one pulled out a knife and stabbed Gibson in the upper back and mid-spine before they sped off. Gibson was rushed to the emergency room. The story said he was no longer in the emergency room but still was hospitalized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 9/29 edition of Impact Wrestling did 365,000 viewers, down from last week's 377,000 viewers.
Quote:
Wednesday's episode of Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network drew a total of 123,000 viewers - down from last week's total of 134,000 viewers and the lowest total going back to season 2, according to PWTorch. The previous low came on June 15th during season 2, 128,000 viewers.
Quote:
The Royal Rumble will be held on 1/29 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, the same building that they drew 60,525 fans in (48,014 paid) in 1997, so this is the 20th anniversary of that event. Tickets go on sale on 10/14 for the Alamodome show.
Quote:
Regarding TNA, this is what we know. The talent has been told to come to Orlando and that everything is on. Nobody knows who is paying for it. Nothing has been announced regarding a sale. Nobody has officially said the shows are on, particularly Bound for Glory, but talent is under the impression that the shows are on.

Drew Galloway is off the show Sunday. No word on who will face Aron Rex in the finals of the Grand Championship tournament. Galloway will be on the show in some form most likely, but isn't able to wrestle due to a neck injury.

Stories regarding flights being canceled to Bound for Glory as far as we can tell are untrue. Everyone we're aware of who would be booked on the show is still booked on the show in some form or another.
Observer's report came before TNA made an official announcement regarding Galloway's replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
According to multiple sources, TNA's crew arrived this morning at Universal Studios Orlando to begin loading in the company's set, lighting, ring, etc. for this Sunday's Bound for Glory PPV.

Meanwhile, TNA's Dixie Carter posted the following on Twitter: "I don’t make it a habit to reply to speculation, but I'll say if you're close to Orlando this Sun-Sat YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THESE TAPINGS! Going to be an INCREDIBLE live #BoundForGlory on Sunday and big things planned for @ImpactWrestling shows. @PopTV"
Quote:
Michael Elgin may become the first person ever to headline a PPV in the U.S. and Japan within a seven day period, which will make for an interesting trivia note, since he headlined the Destruction in Kobe on Sunday and is headlining ROH All-Star Extravaganza tonight. You have to remember that PPV wasn't a thing in Japan in the early 90s when Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan would headline in the U.S. and Tokyo Dome shows.
Quote:
More 1993 and 1994 ECW episodes have been added to the WWE Network. Some apparently were taken from old VHS tapes because the masters are either unusable or not there. The September 28, 1993 and October 5, 1993 episodes are actually identical. What is listed as the November 8, 1994 issue is actually the November 1 issue. The real November 8 issue wasn't uploaded as of yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In what was described to PWInsider as a "mutually agreed upon decision", WWE has released NXT performer Stuart Tomlinson aka Hugo Knox, 31. Knox had not worked a match for the brand since this past August.

Knox, a former soccer goalkeeper from Great Britain, had been signed to a WWE developmental deal in December 2013. He had not been a featured regular on the NXT TV series.
Quote:
The recent exodus of so many wrestlers from AAA is because of pay issues. There are guys who are as much as two months behind on pay, which doesn’t sound good. TripleMania payoffs were much lower than expected and we also heard it wasn’t that hard in Mexico City to find free tickets to that show. The top guys are being paid on time because they have to do that

Fenix is this week’s AAA departure, but that’s been expected ever since he moved from Mexico City. He’s now working as Rey Fenix. Nobody yet knows how this will affect his standing in Lucha Underground. Because of the value of the dollar vs. the peso, he can make far more working indies in the U.S. than in Mexico, like his brother, Pentagon Jr., who is still affiliated with AAA. Venum has also quit the promotion.
Pretty much the Mexican equivalent of TNA when it comes to recent money and management problems. Past 2-3 years has been a really bad decline for the company.

Quote:
New Japan owner Takaaki Kidani gave the annual company financial rundown. In the 2015-16 fiscal year which just ended, the company grossed $32 million and posted a $4.1 million profit, which would be high points for the company in both categories dating back probably 15 years. Last year’s numbers were $27 million in revenue and $3 million in profits. WWE is roughly 20 times larger than New Japan. He noted that New Japan is more popular in Japan and throughout Asia, but he also said it’s rare to find an industry where the No. 2 group in the world is that far behind the No. 1 group. His goal remains $100 million in revenue. The big thing is that while live attendance is not up, like in the U.S., those who are going are really hot for the product as the merchandise numbers at the house shows are great.
According to NJPW's owner, NJPW World has around 40k subscribers since its launch with only 8k from outside of Japan.

Quote:
For those wondering about the negotiations for the next TV contract with USA, even with the lower ratings, USA’s inability to create new hit shows continues to make WWE more valuable to the station. So much can change in TV in three years so it’s not something you know about until we get to 2018 and the lowering audience may not justify a rights increase, or maybe it will depending on the television landscape. But WWE is more valuable to USA than it was three years ago even with the big ratings drop. For the week ending 9/18, USA averaged 1,346,000 viewers in prime time, putting it in fifth place overall. But take Raw and Smackdown out of the picture, that average falls to 932,000, putting them in 11th place. It was only a few years ago that USA was not only No. 1, but would have remained No. 1 even without WWE programming.
Baring a sudden change of fortunes the next couple of years, USA Network is pretty much going to be in a lose-lose situation with the next WWE tv contract talks. Either keep them and spend more than getting back or drop them but have a weaker channel till something equivalent replaces it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Bellas are in New York City this week promoting next week's series debut of E! reality series "Total Bellas" and appeared on AOL Build, an afternoon streaming interview series that airs live from a small studio in NYC.

During the interview, Brie Bella admitted that when she retired, she had two months to go on her own WWE contract and wanted to enjoy them and have a happy ending, but the retirement of Daniel Bryan and wanting to support him as he exited the ring made that difficult. She noted they were already filming the series when the decision from WWE came to retire Bryan came about and there was talk of shelving the series. Bella admitted that she didn't want to retire at that point but it was a hard place to be in and now she is concentrating on the next stage of her life, joking that back bumps and baby bumps don't mix.

Brie noted that some of the material in the series is very sad because Bryan was dealing with his "dreams being taken away" but fans know there is a happy ending coming because he is back on screen as the Smackdown General Manager.

During the interview, Nikki Bella told a story of confronting Bryan because she felt he wasn't being supportive enough of Brie, which led to a massive argument including Bryan cursing, which was out of character for him.
Quote:
Here’s a scary stat. Between everything, the WWE writing team will this year be responsible for 580 hours of first-run programming in 2016 (with all the various shows including shows for the network and international). That explains why the TV is often not inspired and the burnout and turnover rate on the team is so high
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE has officially released the Daniel Bryan vs. The Bear "documentary", which Bryan has been talking up and pushing fans to get WWE to release via Twitter:

Watch Part 1 of Daniel Bryan's "Documentary," #DanielBryanVsTheBear. @WWEDanielBryan pic.twitter.com/n456dItvuh
— WWE (@WWE) September 30, 2016

"Do you know how much heart it takes to defeat a BEAR??!!" - @WWEDanielBryan

Watch Part 2 of #DanielBryanVsTheBear. pic.twitter.com/CG9FEQsGUJ

“This is going to be ME and the BEAR … TO THE DEATH!” - @WWEDanielBryan

Watch the conclusion of #DanielBryanVsTheBear. pic.twitter.com/2UaXyyVTfn

• Chris Jericho is currently rumored to be leaving the WWE after Hell in a Cell ppv to work on a new Fozzy album and tour. Possible he could be out for almost all of 2017 or announcement his retirement like he's teased recently.
  • According to PWI, WWE ended up being successful in getting the class-action concussion lawsuit against them to be moved to a more pro-WWE court and are currently trying to get the Bagwell/Raven unpaid royalties lawsuit moved to the same court. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/105...dates.html?p=1
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, the only reason the final Nitro episode was aired with RAW was due to Turner Broadcasting already spent money for new episodes prior to WCW's sale. PWI revealed the WWE didn't want to spend any more money on WCW once the sale was official. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/105...-and-more.html
  • According to the Observer, both Dixie and John Gaburick are rumored to be responsible for getting the WWE involved with TNA sales talks. Gaburick rumored to have played a bigger role and doing it since he believes he is getting fired once Corgan buys the company. Rumored to be doing everything possible to stall Corgan's attempt or persuade the WWE to offer him a job if they bought it.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:43 PM   #349
Mr. Nerfect

There's some great talent in that tryout. I really like the look of some of those women. I imagine that they will be doing a women's tournament not unlike the CWC at some point in the future, and that some of the women will be brought in for that and signed to NXT deals, etc.

Heidi Lovelace has a good look for a heel, and her experience will make her pretty valuable. Nicole Savoy is "cuter" and looks more plucky. Ella Anne Kociuba is an interesting one. I wish they'd look at Helen Maroulis.

Cedric Rougeau has got "the look." Never seen him work though. Not sure how I feel about Eddie Kingston. Would he make a good commentator?
Old 10-01-2016, 11:55 PM   #350
Mr. Nerfect

Jayme Jameson also tried out. She is hot as fuck.

Lauren Pappas is some sort of "fit DJ" so I imagine she'll be signed and given some sort of DJ gimmick.

Constance Ezugha ran track and seems to do a lot for the community. She'll probably be signed and be a young, female Titus O'Neil.

Nikkan Lee seems like she'd be the referee getting a look.

I'd probably leave the other girls, besides Savoy and Lovelace right now.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:04 AM   #351
Mr. Nerfect

I imagine Jacob Fatu will be signed. He looks like what you'd get if you took an Uso and dipped him into some Umaga.

Alex Chamberlain is a legitimate Russian with a pretty boy look.

Billy Reilich tried out, and he played Nick the Gardener in one of the Magic Mike movies. I wonder if Kevin Nash recommended him? I can imagine Shawn Michaels fast-tracking him.

Charles Keith Davidson, Jr. turns up a bunch of amateur looking stuff on Google. If you're going to be bringing in guys like Billy Reilich, having someone with a legitimate sports background to balance things out is cool too.

Corey Knox would be the football player. He was cut from the Bulls and made quite the protest. I can imagine him being given the gimmick of a guy who "wants it more" than anyone else.

If they sign Jeff Parker and Matt Lee from Canada and don't call them "Terrence and Phillip," they are missing the boat. At least call them Terry Parker and Phil Stone.

Josh Wade turns up nothing but mug shots, a music guy and some amateur wrestling.

Marcus Carey Lewis comes off to me like a black Trevor Lee.

Royce Isaacs has a good look and has this almost silver-blonde hair thing going on.

Will Hobbs is another amateur guy. Steven Pena might be the same, but he might also be another underwear model.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #352
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Interesting stuff posted here from the Observer about USA and TV ratings. You would swear he was reading my posts from six months ago. Good to see them catching up to my level.

Now back to my hiatus.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #353
Mr. Nerfect

Meltzer sheep.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #354
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by the Curse of Papa Shango striking again:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Eddie Edwards won the TNA title tonight at the Impact tapings in Orlando, FL, for the show that will be airing on Thursday night.

The storyline for the show was that every title would be defended.

Lashley was told he could pick his opponent, with his choices either being a rematch with Ethan Carter III, a match with Edwards or Moose. Lashley picked Edwards and said it was because it would be the easiest match ...

Also on the tapings, it was announced that Cody Rhodes would receive a title shot. Edwards vs. Cody will be taped tomorrow night for the title.

Spoiler tags used since its related to TNA's recent tapings.

Quote:
Raw last night, built around the Sasha Banks Women's title win over Charlotte, did its best numbers since the NFL season began.

While 2.79 million viewers during football season would have been viewed badly if you said that's where things would be one month ago, it solidly beat the 2.68 million number of the first two weeks of football season and last week's low point of 2.46 million viewers going against the presidential debate ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.88 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.87 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.64 million viewers
Quote:
UPDATE: Top Rope Press reports that Erick Rowan suffered his torn rotator cuff at a recent house show. He last competed at the September 26th show in Wheeling, West Virginia where he lost to Apollo Crews.

The site says Rowan might be out of the ring until March.

ORIGINAL: According to prowrestling.net, WWE Smackdown performer Erick Rowan underwent surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. The surgery was performed this morning in Birmingham, Alabama. Typical recovery time for a torn rotator cuff is four to six months.
Probably not a wise idea by the WWE to tease the Ghost of Papa Shango last night with the Kendrick-Perkins match.

Quote:
After no-showing AAA's Heroes Inmortales show on Sunday night, the wrestling world was left wondering what happened to Alberto Del Rio (real name Jose Rodriguez) and where he would end up next.

But it turns out the reason Rodriguez missed the show may have been out of his control. He took to social media on Monday night to set the record straight, and alleged that he had been attacked by a knife-wielding criminal inside of a restaurant prior to the Heroes Inmortales show.

AAA released a statement wishing Rodriguez a speedy recovery.

Rodriguez posted a graphic photo of the wounds he allegedly suffered in the attack. He also released a statement (with paragraph breaks added) on his Instagram account:

"Mr. Rodriguez (“Alberto El Patron”) shortly after eating a meal before his flight was assaulted by a criminal with a knife outside the restaurant. Mr. Rodriguez suffered multiple lacerations on his arm and other parts of his body defending against the criminal as Police were called by witnesses. Mr. Rodriguez received medical attention and went back to the Police Department and was unable to make his flight."

"Mr. Rodriguez has spoken with the ownership of Lucha Libre AAA WorldWide and given them the documentation of the incident. Mr. Rodriguez greatly regrets not being there yesterday for his fans in Mexico and promises to everyone he will make this up as soon as possible. Despite the graphic lacerations Mr. Rodriguez will not miss any of his shows for the remainder of the year and is ready to compete this weekend in the UK."
Quote:
Tony Nese & Drew Gulak and SAnitY were the final teams announced for the second annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Added to the Dusty Rhodes tag team tournament are HoHo Lun & Bin Wang and Rich Swann & No Way Jose.
Quote:
What was started as an autobiography of Roddy Piper, which, after his death was completed by his children, will be released tomorrow by Random House books. They are pushing the 400 page book as the biggest book release since the Bret Hart release.
Quote:
Ex WWE big man Ryback will be making his first UK appearance since leaving the WWE for Revolution Pro Wrestling (RPW) at the end of the month. He'll be taking on a well known UK tag team called The Legion of Lords made up of UK indy workers Prince of Mumbai Rishi Ghosh and Lord Gideon Grey.
Quote:
Former WWE and WCW superstar Marc Mero talks about his recent heart surgery and how he is feeling today: “I had heart surgery just three months ago and they, about a four and a half hour surgery they replaced my heart valve and they fixed in it my aorta and about a four and a half hour surgery they stopped my heart for 40 minutes to complete the surgery and I feel like a kid again. It’s amazing. I’m back in the gym. I’m back to most of the same weights I was doing before working out.” Marc also talks about speaking out after Chris Benoit's death, his professional boxing career that never was, a message to the wrestling fans and much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Sara received the news on Friday, but there’s no word at this point on why she was cut from the company.

Lee beat out 7 other women last year to earn a $250,000 contract. She debuted at an NXT live event in March, but hasn’t been used much since.

Runner-up Mandy Rose, who the trainers clearly wanted to win, was instantly signed to a deal and given a role on Total Divas. She’s since made multiple appearances on NXT programming.
Quote:
There's nothing new to report on the TNA front. What we do know is that the money that allowed them to pay for the downlink, so the PPV could be broadcast, came in on Thursday, but who is funding this is still unknown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA majority owner Dixie Carter held a locker room meeting last night prior to the TNA Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida. According to several sources we have spoken to, Carter spoke to talents about a number of different issues and allowed talents to ask questions.

One of the issues we were told was discussed was regarding late payments to the talents and Carter stated that there are times were payments are made late, stating that is because the company is waiting for money they are owed to come in.

Carter was also asked about rumors that WWE was about to buy the promotion. Carter, we are told, acknowledged that WWE did want to purchase but stated that she would not let that happen, although she could have. Carter also stated that the company still owns their own tape library in regard to rumors that WWE was purchasing that.

Carter made it clear that she is still the majority owner of TNA but acknowledged there has been some in-fighting and a power struggle amongst the other owners of the company.

In regard to the financial issues leading into Bound for Glory, Carter said that the show was never not going to happen but acknowledged that they "scrambled" leading up to the PPV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jay Briscoe vs. Dalton Castle for the first time has been announced for the 10/14 Ring of Honor "Glory By Honor Night One" event in Chicago Ridge, IL. The promotion also announced Colt Cabana vs. Mark Briscoe and ReDragon vs. ROH champion Adam Cole and Adam Page.
Quote:
My addiction started when I was prescribed painkillers for a neck injury in 2003. I didn’t know how powerful the opiate drug was until I found myself taking an insurmountable amount of Vicodin. To be exact, I was taking 65 extra strength Vicodin per day. I started taking one pill a day, and before long kept doubling the dose over and over again. I loved the feeling it gave me, because it allowed me not to feel anything ...

But it was almost taken away from me, AGAIN, when I broke my neck again in 2003. I had surgery and was put on pain medication. That was the beginning of my dark journey.

The pills made me feel invincible and kept me in the game, until my sister Le’Anne died of a heroin overdose, not long after my surgery. I didn’t want to feel pain, or anything. I had not grieved for my father, my grandmother, my coach or my sister, and I wasn’t about to begin.

I then broke my neck 2 more times over the next 2 years, and the bad relationship/marriage I was in made me feel more alone than ever. I decided that I could not handle the rigorous schedule of WWE and I felt guilty about being a liability to Vince McMahon. So I asked for my release and I swore I’d get my life together.

After I went to TNA, I was taking a lower dose of medication but I didn’t entirely quit. I started drinking alcohol excessively and went through a bad divorce. Eventually, I found the true love of my life, my wife Giovanna. But I kept taking the pills and drinking until I passed out each night. I knew it wasn’t fair to my wife or my kids, but I did everything I could to hide my feelings and emotional pain.

I’ve witnessed my mother suffer and die from cancer (leukemia) and my brother David go to jail for admitting to killing his wife while he was high on drugs. But I’ve dealt with those issues sober. I have allowed myself to experience true emotional and physical pain, even from the past. It’s not easy, but it’s the right way to live life.
Part of a recent posting on Kurt Angle's official blog about him struggling with pain killer addiction and why he left the WWE. http://kurtanglebrand.com/anglestrong/

• During a recent interview in Japan, Kota Ibushi revealed he has no desire of ever signing a long term deal with the WWE. https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/783426590801735680
  • Sporting News had an interview with The Glorious One, Bobby Roode involving signing with WWE and his entrance theme: http://www.sportingnews.com/wwe/news...e1is9tyog9nk1o
  • The Rock recently released a video on his official Youtube channel involving the 20th anniversary of his debut in the WWF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0-YFZHY9Uo
  • According to a recent Observer Radio show, WWE is currently in serious talks with Goldberg in regards to an in-ring deal and a contract very close to being signed if it hasn't happened yet.
  • Also according to the Observer, WWE currently has Sasha vs Charlotte for the Women's title planned as the main event for the upcoming Hell in a Cell ppv.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:34 PM   #355
Mr. Nerfect

Goldberg going on a PPV streak would be a kind of fun angle. Might as well try it and keep it going for as long as it works.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:46 PM   #356
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'd be down for it.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #357
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Powerbomb Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Last night's episode of SmackDown averaged 2.316 million viewers, down less than one percent from last week's show.

The show had heavy competition on cable with baseball's American League wildcard game scoring 4.195 million viewers, and debate coverage on various networks dominating the top of the ratings charts.

This was the second lowest total since the brand split, beating only the September 20th show, which did 2.292 million viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE and WCW World champion Bill Goldberg is set to appear on ESPN Sportscenter tonight with Jonathan Coachman to promote the release of next week's WWE 2K17 videogame and possibly announce his return to WWE for the first time since departing at Wrestlemania 20 in March 2004.

As previously noted on PWInsider.com, the two sides have been in discussions since at least August. While Goldberg was in New York City for WWE 2K17 promotional material, the two sides had discussions that amplified after WWE officials saw how loud chants for "Goldberg" were all three nights in New York City after the trailer for the game played in the Barclays Center.

Goldberg, in speaking to PWInsider.com that weekend, noted that if WWE wanted to come to the table with an offer, he would consider it, but a deal wasn't something he was pursuing. He admitted he was surprised that WWE even signed off on him appearing in the 2K videogame as a pitch by videogame producers to include Goldberg had been shot down by WWE years prior.
Quote:
At this point, a Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg match is all but confirmed for WWE Survivor Series on November 20 in Toronto.

There had been rumors from inside WWE that a deal for such a match had been completed over the weekend and two WWE sources over the last two days also indicated such a match was either finalized or at least in heavy negotiations.

We had reported on Monday night on the subscriber-only edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that serious negotiations were going on for a Lesnar vs. Goldberg match. On Twitter, Jim Ross indicated the same with more than one source.

Numerous sources have stated this is the battle plan for the show.
Quote:
The confrontation took place in San Antonio when the driver of a car hit Del Rio’s car. Del Rio and the driver both exited their cars and then some words were exchanged before the driver pulled a knife. As Del Rio went to walk away he was attacked from behind and slashed. Del Rio then tried to turn around and as he did the man tried to slash his face but Del Rio was able to move and was instead slashed in the head.

Del Rio then took the man down and in the process the driver slashed and stabbed Del Rio’s arm. Del Rio eventually was able to get the knife from the driver but in the end the driver was able to get in his car and leave. Witnesses were able to get the driver’s license plate number but there’s no word on if he’s been arrested. Police came, a report was filed and Del Rio went to the hospital to get stitches. He lost a lot of blood but is he said to be alright.
Update to recent Del Rio stabbing news.

Quote:
Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan are expecting their first child in the spring of 2017. "It has always been a dream of mine to become a mother," Brie said in an interview with E! News. "Now that it is finally real, it fills me up with so much happiness. I can't wait to see my husband, Bryan, be a father to our child. I am so excited for this new chapter in our lives."

Bryan said, “The day we found out, I just couldn't stop smiling. We are so excited to be parents. Every time I look at Brie's stomach, I'm amazed that there is a little life in there."
Quote:
NXT has rescheduled two Florida house shows this week because of the impending threat of Hurricane Matthew. Friday’s show in Crystal River has been rescheduled to October 29th, while Saturday’s show in Fort Pierce will now take place on October 14th.
Quote:
Despite Hurricane Matthew potentially threatening the area, Dixie Carter tweeted that the remainder of this week’s TNA Impact tapings will go on as scheduled as long as Universal Studios remains open. (UPDATE: TNA tweeted that they will tape at 1 p.m. on Thursday, not tape on Friday, and tape twice on Saturday)
Quote:
Johnny Jeter, one of the original members of The Spirit Squad, was not part of the min-Spirit Squad reunion on Smackdown (Kenny, Mikey, and Dolph Ziggler were part of the segment; Mitch and Johnny were not). The Pancakes and Powerslams Show contacted Johnny and asked him if he had been asked by WWE to appear. He told them that he was asked to appear, but that he declined because it would have been a conflict of interest with his current employer and that he is no longer in the pro-wrestling business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Las Vegas' Future Stars of Wrestling announced the following today:

Future Stars of Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, Kevin Kross has officially signed with Lucha Underground, and will start full time for Season 4.

Kross has performed in a number of dark matches during the third season's filming. The belief is that Season Four of the series will begin production towards the end of 2016/early 2017.
Quote:
As seen on Monday's RAW from Los Angeles, the announcers referred to the crowd as "fans" instead of the WWE Universe when Rusev kicked United States Champion Roman Reigns over the ringside barrier. According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, this was an intentional change.

No word yet on if this is a permanent change but Meltzer indicated more minor changes could be coming:

"They've taken stock of things. Last week's rating... believe it or not, after all the ratings, last week's rating made them... I don't know exactly everything but the verbiage isn't supposed to be as bad now."

He also indicated that WWE is actually trying to improve RAW, pointing to the upgraded entrances with the use of the ramp and the big screen.
Quote:
Jim Ross discussed on his Ross Report podcast that WWE is very close to a deal to purchase TNA's tape library but WWE would not be buying the actual company. Reporter Justin LaBar wrote the following about the situation:

"Just got a text saying #WWE to buy TNA video library & Billy Corgan is going to be new majority owner of TNA that he'll likely rebrand. Wow!"

LaBar also responded to another comment about everyone getting what they want:

"Exactly. Dixie gets a payday on selling to Corgan and a payday on selling the library to Vince."

In regards to the re-branding, Corgan mentioned in a recent interview that he would likely change TNA's name if he bought the company.

• The late Roddy Piper's children recently had an interview with CBC Radio about the life and career of their father. http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/schedule-f...tler-1.3791970
  • WWE recently revealed the bracket for the second Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament: http://i.imgur.com/T0OCkZO.jpg
  • WWE announced their next fiscal report will be released on October 27th.
  • WWE also recently sent a massive takedown notice to Youtube with over 260k WWE-related videos and reviews removed.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 19th anniversary of the debut of the Hell in a Cell match, Kane's debut, and the death of Brian Pillman.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #358
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Luke Harper's Glorious Return:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
There's talk of Ziggler actually losing the match on Sunday, according to Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer Live.
Furthermore, it was noted on MLW Radio and Ric Flair's podcast that WWE officials are looking at Ziggler to transition from an in-ring talent to a producer's role like Jamie Noble and others have done.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible No Mercy plans.

Quote:
During Bill Goldberg’s appearance on ESPN SportsCenter on Wednesday night, the former WWE Superstar expressed a willingness to return to WWE and named Brock Lesnar as the dream opponent who could draw him out of retirement. Although he stopped short of announcing an official return, the Wrestling Observer maintains that Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar is the plan for Survivor Series as recently as Tuesday.

If you’re wondering why WWE doesn’t hold off until WrestleMania for the match to take place, the idea is to use the hype surrounding this blockbuster bout and cross promote WWE 2K17. According to Meltzer, the match will be a one-off and is not leading to a longterm feud.
Quote:
The WWE has announced that this year’s Rumble will be 30 men (always subject to change) featuring wrestlers from Raw and Smackdown, with the winner getting a title shot at WrestleMania on April 2, 2017, at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando.
Quote:
The next few days of TNA Impact tv tapings in Orlando were canceled due to Hurricane Matthew bearing down on central Florida.

The original plan was to do an afternoon taping today as they would be unable to run a show tonight due to expected weather issues. They plan was then to cancel Friday and return for two Saturday tapings.

However, based on the weather, the tapings tonight, Friday, and Saturday afternoon are off. They will now run at 6 pm Saturday night, and two Sunday shows set for 1 pm and 6 pm.

In related news, NXT rescheduled two Florida house shows becasue of Matthew. Friday’s show in Crystal River has been rescheduled to October 29th, while Saturday’s show in Fort Pierce, FL, will now take place on October 14th.
Quote:
There was a bad scene at a Seth Rollins autograph signing today in Santiago, Chile, at the Costanero Center. A huge crowd showed up and fans started skipping in line and it led to shoving and fights. One fan tried to steal Rollins' hat. It got so bad the entire session was canceled, which led to more fights and fans looting at the center.
Link to a video during the riot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhoIW96KES0

Quote:
Alberto Del Rio worked his scheduled What Culture Pro Wrestling show in Newcastle today. He flew in last night. He wrestled in a T-shirt and the arm that was stabbed was all taped up, but he was out there taking bumps. I watched some of it but not enough to tell what kind of a match it was. Jim Ross & Jim Cornette, at least early on, were fun to listen to and had their old chemistry back immediately even if neither knew who Desperado was when he kept interfering in the Minoru Suzuki vs. Joe Coffey match. They very much knew Suzuki. Suzuki blew off a Jim Ross handshake in playing heel after his match after Ross had been putting him over like crazy on the commentary. Bret Hart made a surprise appearance and really put over Ross as an announcer, as well as put over Cody Rhodes and Kurt Angle.
Quote:
The San Antonio police have yet to confirm any records of a Del Rio stabbing. They have asked for an address and those close to Del Rio have not been able to provide an address. Plus, there are some different stories that are out there. Paige was there when the incident took place but has not said anything publicly about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Alberto El Patron (Del Rio) was interviewed by The Record in Mexico to discuss the stabbing incident that he claims led to him missing the AAA Heroes Inmortales event in Mexico over the weekend, claiming that WWE star Paige was on the scene during the incident and was actually assaulted by the perpetrator.

According to The Record, Del Rio and his girlfriend Paige were in the parking lot of a restaurant when a drunken homeless man approached them. Del Rio turned his back to the man, who turned pulled out a knife and attacked, causing two wounds to Del Rio. According to the story, Del Rio managed to take down the attacked, who still wielded the knife and Del Rio again again. The attacker was able to hit Paige and when Alberto went to check on her, the attacker ran. By the time, Del Rio was able to file a complaint and get medical attention, it was too late to travel to Mexico for the event. The article stated that Del Rio's flight was scheduled for 6 PM and by the time he was done dealing with everything, it was 11 PM.
Another version of the events from the recent Del Rio stabbing incident. At the moment, nobody is exactly sure where the attack occurred and WWE might be getting involved due to Paige supposedly being attacked as well.

Quote:
Total Bellas last night debuted with 632,000 viewers, which given the level of the promotion of the show, has to be considered a major disappointment.
Quote:
WWE sent out an e-mail today to some former WWE Network subscribers offering them a free month and pushing you can get No Mercy free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tony Nese is booked on all EVOLVE shows going forward after October and you can expect him to get a massive push to coincide with his Raw appearances in the Cruiserweight division.
Quote:
Regarding the Spirit Squad segment on Smackdown, WWE did attempt to get all of the members together for the segment. Johnny Jeter has another job outside of wrestling and didn’t want to miss work to make the appearance. Nick Mitchell became very religious and now lives in Israel.
Quote:
John Gaburick last week visited with Kevin Dunn, who he has been close friends with for decades, and brought WWE back to the table so there were talks with them as late as this past week. The WWE deal would have been to purchase the TNA tape library as they had no interest in buying anything else the promotion had.
Quote:
Dixie Carter has long been criticized for a perceived lack of knowledge in regards to the wrestling business. On Friday's episode of the Fightful.com Podcast, former TNA writer Vince Russo may have helped lend more credence to those claims.

"This is my favorite wrestling story of all time. I’ve never told this because it’s a little embarrassing to Dixie but it’s so hard not to tell because it’s so funny," Russo said. "There's somebody that I gotta protect and I’m not gonna mention his name, because he'd get all upset. It’s after a TV taping and we’re out getting dinner, and it's the the usual suspects-- Irish Pat Kenney, Terry Taylor, Al Snow, Matt Conway. I’m sitting next to somebody at the table. This somebody gets a phone call and it’s Dixie Carter" ...

As it turned out, the target of Carter's frustration were WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, and longtime Executive Producer of WCW, Eric Bischoff.

"So I get on the phone," says Russo "Dixie what’s up?” [Dixie says] 'You’re not gonna believe what happened. I just went into the restaurant andHulk and Eric were having dinner and the minute I walked up to the table I heard the both of them say under their breath kayfabe, kayfabe, kayfabe. Vince who the f are they to kayfabe me? This is my f'n company! Who the f do they think they are kayfabing this boss? I can’t believe it. Screw Hulk. Screw Eric. Nobody is going to kayfabe me.'"

According to the former WCW Champion Russo, he told carter that she should have confronted the two about it right away. However, Carter had a potentially embarrassing reason for making the 2010 phone call in the first place.

"Finally I hang up the phone with her. I give the phone back to the person who got the phone call. So I said to the person, 'Bro, why did Dixie call you and not me?' Like this was a phone call that should have went directly to Vince. Why did she call you and not me? Like, what was your conversation with Dixie? Wha—what did she want to talk to you for?” You ready? The guy, who I won’t sell down the river, said to me, “She wanted to know what kayfabe meant.” Eight years in and she was throwing the term around to me like she was a 30 year veteran of the business. Of all the stories bro that’s my favorite story of all time, and I never say it because it’s kind of embarrassing but its funny embarrassing, you know what I’m saying?," said Russo.
Wacky Dixie Carter story from back in the day.

• Luke Harper made his in-ring return for the WWE earlier today as part of WWE's current overseas tour. Also ended up confirming rumors of being on the RAW brand due to him wrestling for RAW during today's co-brand event.
  • Website Highspots announced they have started taking DVD/BR orders for PWG's Battle Of Los Angeles 2016 tournament with shipments to start tomorrow.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is Bruno Sammatrino's 81st birthday.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, former VP of talent relations John Laurinaitis was the main reason why WWE's original Cruiser division failed during the 1st Brand Split Era. Apparently Laurinaitis never seriously considered the ideas Creative had and hired midget wrestlers as a way to prove to Vince the new division was not worth the time. http://www.wcwworldwide.com/2016/09/...weight-reboot/
Old 10-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #359
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
There was a bad scene at a Seth Rollins autograph signing today in Santiago, Chile, at the Costanero Center. A huge crowd showed up and fans started skipping in line and it led to shoving and fights. One fan tried to steal Rollins' hat. It got so bad the entire session was canceled, which led to more fights and fans looting at the center.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:15 AM   #360
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
At least no one was stabbed
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote