TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 03-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #81
Superslam Sam

Superslam Sam does not have that much rep yet (10+)
The streak isn't going to end. Do you think the Undertaker is gonna haul his aching ass out of bed to lose his legacy? Mind you, if the money is right??
Superslam Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #82
Malfeitor
MILF Eater

Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Malfeitor puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Taker knows what's best for business. I'd like to think that if the streak were to end, the person to end it would be elevated massively. I'm sure Taker wouldn't mind it as long as it wasn't pointless in the long run.
Malfeitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #83
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey View Post
Punk should just wait until Summer Slam time to return. There's really no place on the card for him. The only feud going into Mania that made sense for him was Triple H, but now that spot's taken.
How will there be a place for him at Summerslam? Why assume that there's a better time for him to return than at Mania?

Quote:
And about Taker's streak. It shouldn't end. And if it does, the only man now or ever that deserves to do it is Cena.
I bet you'd boo the hell out of whomever cost the Undertaker his streak then, guessing you'd be pissed off at Punk...eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslam Sam View Post
The streak isn't going to end. Do you think the Undertaker is gonna haul his aching ass out of bed to lose his legacy? Mind you, if the money is right??
Nobody really knows that. If anyone claims to know that they're talking out their ass. I am guessing you'd boo Punk though if he helped ruin the streak with Lesnar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfeitor View Post
Taker knows what's best for business. I'd like to think that if the streak were to end, the person to end it would be elevated massively. I'm sure Taker wouldn't mind it as long as it wasn't pointless in the long run.
Nobody wants the streak to end in a pointless manner, in fact a lot of people are really passionate about keeping it intact, which is exactly why they need to end it. Pissing off wrestling fans is just as important as making them happy.

I say end the streak as I mentioned, give the fans their Bryan wins and it'll be the most talked about, most watched, most pirated PPV in history.
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #84
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
The streak ending on a run in is lame. You're directing the potential heat/moment from the guy who pins Taker to the guy who committed the run in and cost the match. I think that's what you're getting at right? Punk running in and costing Taker the streak?

I wouldn't boo Punk. I'd boo WWE for making Taker's loss a clusterfuck.

BY the time Summer Slam rolls around, who knows what will be happening. But there is no room for him at the moment. Coming back before Summer Slam to reenter the Authority feud or even get built back up to face a heel Batista at Summer Slam, potentially for the title, could be a big deal. Whenever he does come back, Mania is not the place. There's nobody for him to be inserted into a feud with.
Damian Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #85
JimmyMess
Snow Mexican

JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I don't think the streak should end because of all the guys who have already lost to the Undertaker.
JimmyMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #86
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
The streak ending on a run in is lame. You're directing the potential heat/moment from the guy who pins Taker to the guy who committed the run in and cost the match. I think that's what you're getting at right? Punk running in and costing Taker the streak?

I wouldn't boo Punk. I'd boo WWE for making Taker's loss a clusterfuck.

BY the time Summer Slam rolls around, who knows what will be happening. But there is no room for him at the moment. Coming back before Summer Slam to reenter the Authority feud or even get built back up to face a heel Batista at Summer Slam, potentially for the title, could be a big deal. Whenever he does come back, Mania is not the place. There's nobody for him to be inserted into a feud with.
You say you wouldn't boo Punk and Lesnar, but both of them would agree to it. Punk's good enough to rub it in the smark fans face and let them know he does not give a fuck about them or anything they like. You would boo until you couldn't boo anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMess View Post
I don't think the streak should end because of all the guys who have already lost to the Undertaker.
Another reason to end it.

The more people want it to stay, the better it will be when it ends. Wrestling hasn't managed to really piss anyone off in a long time, outside of Bryan not being in the Royal Rumble and that anger and dissatisfaction has only drawn more people into watching.

This is pretty much the same sentiment that people had for Cena at One Night Stand, I imagine the reaction to a lame Punk run-in/swerve/heel turn at Mania would break decibel records for all the fans booing and screaming at the streak ending on a sour note. It'll be NWO heat where fans throw trash in the ring and some old guy jumps the railing to try to get at Lesnar or Punk. Would be amazing.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #87
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
So, many of you are familiar with Gertner's brilliant idea of having Bryan face Triple H at Mania for a chance to enter the Main Event with Batista VS. whomever then winning the title. That should definitely happen and it would be awesome to see Bryan then get a super-push for the next three-four months even when losing the title.
I forgot that the WWE stole Gertner's idea.