TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 12-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Last Guardian (PS4)

Copies appear to be out in the wild and impressions sound amazing.

Played it for 2-3 hours, it's just as I hoped it to be. Intense and emotional.
Trico is loveable beyond expectations, controls are sometimes wonky, but got used to it after 20 mins.

Fantastic game.
Originally Posted by mazur

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, and it's smooth so far. Haven't seen it on a standard PS4, so I can't compare (but maybe the Pro isn't even supported yet, and it's the same on both). I'm not really good at estimating framerate, but it seems steady 30+ without noticeable hiccups.
Reddit
Ico was my favorite game of all time and shadow of the colossus is top five material...

That's right, Ico WAS my favorite.

I'm not sure how critics will respond to the technical issues and I'm actually very anxious about it. I feel like the payoff of the experience overshadowed every minor frustration I had with the title. Whether it was Trico not doing what I wanted or a camera that hits the fritz, I never lost sight of Fumito Ueda's extraordinary vision for the game. In other words, I always got the gist of it. Set pieces, story and otherwise... I love this game to tears and I can't wait for all of you to get your hands on it.

UPDATE: 11/28/2016 - The games 1.01 patch is live. The game runs way smoother and trico is reacting much quicker. I think that's why they gave me the game so early. I recommend downloading the patch before play. It is the reason they delayed it after all!

- The game took me 12 hours. Got stuck quite a few times.

- So the environments can look late ps3 to current ps4. You can tell this game could never run on ps3. When you all get your hands on it you will see what I mean. The scope and scale is unlike anything I've seen. The animation on Trico is jaw droppingly incredible.

- I don't want to comment on the interconnectedness too much other than you will be very impressed. The world is gorgeously realized and uniquely atmospheric. It's a linear story and I wouldn't want it any other way! I guess it's open in a certain sense
Gamefaqs
Best way I can describe the game so far is a blend of Ico & SotC. It hearkens more to Ico than SotC imo, but def has SotC elements. Other than that, think Journey and Abzu as good recent examples of general structure and flow (obviously this game is more complex/longer though)
... Think more [you are Yorda, where Trico is Ico but AI]

I am happy with what I have played, would give it a solid 8.5 overall. It's a swan song to Ico/Sotc, if you liked those two games, likely will like this one too. Not for everyone, but no game is, it delivers to the audience that is seeking a spiritual successor to the last two games.

Things to watch before playing: Howl's moving castle, Spirited away, never ending story, a boy and his dog, Pete's Dragon
Things to play before playing this: SotC, Ico, Abzu, Journey, Hyper light drifter

===

Is it open exploring like SOtC or more linear like ICO?
Answer: Mix of both, some open areas, but progression is largely linear

Are the controls responsive (character movement and interaction)?
Answer: Yea, pretty much an evolution of Sotc

How does the AI and Trico/Boy interaction play in practice, is it intuitive and fluid or is it frustrating?
Answer: Way better than I expected, going into it knowing it's NPC AI, my expectations were grounded so it over delivered

World textures and general world art, does it live up to expectations?
Answer: The feel is there, super detailed and Trico is nothing short of a marvel. Graphics are about on par with last of us so late PS3 early PS4

How emergent is the gameplay and world, is the game mostly scripted or more reactive and dynamic?
Answer: It's emergent in the sense that Trico is dynamic and he never behaves quite the same way, beyond that it's predictable in that the areas are preset puzzles

#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This will be the game i go into after FFxv so it might be a bit before I get to it but I really RELLY cant wait. ICO/SotC are with out a doubt in my top 10.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #3
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
This will be the game i go into after FFxv so it might be a bit before I get to it but I really RELLY cant wait. ICO/SotC are with out a doubt in my top 10.
I'm taking a break from FF to do it next week. Loving FF, but an awesome 12 hours should be a nice little break.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Literally just preordered it though. (Thought I already had)
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote