TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #1321
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Kofi Presenting the Goods to Whichever Uso This is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Shane McMahon was rescued after the helicopter that he was traveling in had to make an emergency crash landing in the waters near Gilgo Beach in Long Island, New York this morning.

McMahon and the helicopter's pilot were safely helped to shore by emergency responders after the helicopter went into the water around 10:30 a.m. ET. It was equipped with floats and both McMahon and the pilot were wearing life jackets. Neither were injured in the landing.

The helicopter departed from Westchester County Airport earlier in the morning. A mayday call was sent out before the crash landing and a commercial flight alerted the Federal Aviation Administration to it.
Quote:
In continuing good ratings news for WWE, SmackDown was up three percent from last week to an average of 2.548 million viewers on Tuesday night.

The episode finished second for the night on cable behind The Rachel Maddow Show but was first in the 18-49 demo with a 0.81 rating ...

In year-over-year comparisons, SmackDown was actually down 20 percent, although last year's show was the live draft special which kicked off the current brand split and featured wrestlers from both Raw and SmackDown.
Quote:
Brock Lesnar is quietly back in the USADA testing pool for UFC, meaning that rumors about him potentially returning to fight have some substance.

Rumors broke today claiming that Lesnar and Paul Heyman were at the UFC offices over International Fight Week and talking about him fighting in Madison Square Garden on November 4th. That date would be impossible because Lesnar had a one-year suspension for two failed drug tests for Hydroxy-Clomiphene which dates back to his final positive test on July 9th.

Lesnar's one-year suspension was frozen in mid-February, meaning that he has five months left, putting a return to UFC competition at mid-December at the earliest.

Lesnar announced his retirement, meaning he was also out of the USADA testing pool.

Much of the story was denied to us, including Heyman being in the offices, however those in UFC did confirm the obvious interest in Lesnar fighting again if he would choose to do so. Putting himself back in the pool means Lesnar, who just turned 40, at least has some interest in fighting again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Regarding Lesnar's status with WWE, Lesnar's contract is set to expire not long after WrestleMania 34 in 2018 and Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that he's already made it clear to WWE officials that he currently does not plan on re-signing. PWS adds that Lesnar has re-entered the USADA testing pool so he can make the right decision about his career once his WWE contract is up - return to MMA or re-sign with WWE.
Quote:
Paige could potentially be facing charges stemming from the domestic violence incident with Alberto El Patron that took place at the Orlando International Airport earlier this month.

In a story that was first reported by Pro Wrestling Sheet, detectives at the Orlando Police Department have found that probable cause exists to charge Paige with domestic battery. The information has been forwarded to the state attorney's office for review and to decide if charges will be filed.

The investigation into El Patron is still ongoing.

After initially claiming that her and El Patron were the ones to get police involved, Paige released a statement on Twitter last week that said she was the one who was held for potential battery charges after throwing a drink at El Patron. Police noted that El Patron was the only suspect listed at that time.

WWE has a zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic violence. The policy states that a performer would immediately be suspended if they're arrested for such a matter. Upon a conviction, the performer would immediately be terminated. WWE also maintains the right to fine, suspend, or terminate a wrestler if "incontrovertible evidence of such illegal misconduct" is presented to them.
Quote:
The G1 continues overnight with the first B Block show taking place at Korakuen Hall at 5:30 a.m. ET. It has an interesting styles clash in the main event with Kenny Omega taking on Minoru Suzuki. The full card is:

Omega vs. Suzuki
Kazuchika Okada vs. Toru Yano
SANADA vs. EVIL
Michael Elgin vs. Tama Tonga
Satoshi Kojima vs. Juice Robinson
YOSHI-HASHI & Jado vs. Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI
Hiroshi Tanahashi & David Finlay vs. Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata & Tiger Mask IV vs. Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo
Kota Ibushi & Hirai Kawato vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & El Desperado
Quote:
Johnny Mundo went off on Vampiro over how AAA handled Taya being stripped of the Reina de Reinas title and Sexy Star returning and winning it: "The locker room thinks you, @vampiro_vampiro are a 2 faced lying d*uche bag who believes his own lies- #OfficeStooge -RT if you're with us"
Link to the tweets and response from Vampiro: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...bag-over-taya/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
During today's media conference call, Jeremy Borash announced that former Lucha Underground champion and WWE star John "Morrison/Mundo" Hennigan would debut for Global Force Wrestling during the company's live events in the Northeast the weekend of 8/5-8/7. The promotion has dates in Long Island, NY, Bridgeport, CT and Staten Island, NY that weekend.

Borash also announced that Drago (who debuted at Slammiversary), Taya Valkrie and Dave & Jake Crist would be working live events for the company as well but did not specify that Northeast weekend.
Quote:
Jeremy Borash did a media conference call on Wednesday, where he revealed Gail Kim will be transitioning to a behind the scenes role in Global Force Wrestling.

"This may be known but we are happy to have on board as an agent for Impact Wrestling, who will be helping with our Knockouts, Gail Kim. Who announced that she would be retiring at the end of this year," said Borash.

"So she's going to be taking on a more behind-the-scenes role. Everybody may not know but Gail and I had a very strong friendship for the last decade," JB continued. "I obviously do stuff with her husband Robert Irvine, the chef. And she has an incredible mind and really somebody that's going to take the Knockouts to the next level. So she's in Orlando and Tampa training gals that you're seeing."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Illustrated
On the subject of contracts, the newest series of GFW contracts require talent to give 10 percent of their independent bookings back to the company, as well as 100 percent of their merchandise sold through the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWrestleInc
Triple H announced the following theme songs for WWE NXT "Takeover: Brooklyn III" today: "Bleeding in the Blur" by Code Orange, "Poison Pens" by Creeper and "No Fear" by Phil Ade featuring Saba Abraha & Tate Kobang. He posted this look at the themes:

.@WWENXT is new blood. @codeorangekids, @creepercultuk & @philademusic are #NXTLOUD. pic.twitter.com/DVsDUZkrHv
— Triple H (@TripleH) July 19, 2017
Quote:
WZ has learned that another reason why WWE decided to pull Taking Smack as a weekly series was due to cost in addition to low viewership. Sources note the show required its own production truck to produce live on a weekly basis, so the more expensive cost of the truck and show production, coupled with the fact that the show did not have strong viewership on the WWE Network, lead to its removal from the Tuesday night lineup.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:20 PM   #1322
Maluco
Reigning Tipsters Champ!

Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Lol, Bryan loves a TOUT joke...and I laugh everytime too
Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:30 AM   #1323
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Bryan does not give a fuck.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:38 AM   #1324
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
thanks Dave, but it's not available in my country
https://windscribe.com/vpn-for-chrome
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #1325
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Clothesline Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
Jason Jordan was only told about the “Kurt Angle’s son” angle last week, according to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. However, it appears that it may have been the plan all along, with rumors last month that a major angle was being set up involving American Alpha.
Quote:
Chris "Donovan" Dijak, who was one of a group of wrestlers that included Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, that WWE pulled contract offers from after legal threats from ROH back in January, is headed to WWE like the aforementioned pair.

Dijak said on the New Age Insiders podcast that he will be finishing up his independent bookings and has since listed that various shows over the next month will be his final events working with different promotions ...

After getting WWE offers, he opted not to sign a new ROH deal in February, and his career has been on hold since, waiting for WWE's time frame on offering him a deal.
PWI reports he will be heading to WWE's Performance Center next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Perhaps to protect herself before WWE grabs a hold of it or its just coincidence, Mae Young Classic competitor Shayna Bazler registered to trademark her "Queen of Spades" nickname.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In an interview with Complex.com, John Cena talked about why he is suddenly a free agent in WWE.

He said:

"The reason that I wanted to be a free agent and the reason they kind of granted my request is because I don’t know if I’ll be available for Smackdown specific only or Raw specific only, and I also know that my days are numbered. I just turned 40 in April and we have so many young and talented performers, I don’t know how many years I have left. So in the time I have left, I’m gonna do what I can to dedicate to this company I just want to be able to do it the most time that I possibly can."

He was also asked about whether he would stay on with WWE after he hung up the boots:

"If the day comes when I’m not involved with the WWE that would come as a drastic surprise to me. I would certainly understand it because we all have our career paths and nothing lasts forever but WWE has been my family for the past 15 years and I’ve been very vocal about my passion and love for not just my time in the ring as a wrestler, but the company itself, what it stands for, the people that work for. I literally would do whatever they asked me to. In whatever capacity I can help the company I would love to do so."
Link to the interview: http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/0...pray-interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwi
IWGP US Champion Kenny Omega and Jim Cornette seem to be having a war of words on Twitter yet again . After the legendary manager had twitter exchanges with fans discussing The Cleaner's recent exploits in New Japan Pro Wrestling, Jim then wrote the following:

So you're saying @KennyOmegamanX is such a weak, ineffective, pussy of a wrestler he physically can't make an 8 year old girl cry. #TRUTH https://t.co/ty7CLp5qQn
— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) July 20, 2017

Being tagged in this Omega had the following response to Cornette:

I like you, Jim, but if you want to bury me, please don't tag me in it. We just started the G1 and I can't have this polluting my TL. Thanks
— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) July 20, 2017

More of your idiot fans needed slapped down. You polluted my eyeballs w/your blowup doll match. BTW how's the lil' girl you couldn't beat? https://t.co/fNHj4jLEmx
— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) July 20, 2017
Link with more tweets: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-respected-as/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In a follow up to yesterday's story concerning Brock Lesnar and a possible UFC return, MMAFighting.com is reporting that Lesnar has not re-entered the USADA drug-testing pool according to UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky. Lesnar must send written notice to both the USADA and UFC announcing his intention to come out of retirement before the process can start to get him back into MMA. At that point, he will have to serve the remaining six months of his USADA suspension, which he was given after a positive drug test last year before his fight with Mark Hunt.

It should be noted that the USADA did not responded to the outlet for comment.
Link to the report: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/1...n-still-frozen

Quote:
In an update on Brock Lesnar not wanting to renew his WWE contract past WrestleMania 34 in April, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports Lesnar's WWE deal has a renewal option.

Lesnar's contract with WWE does end in April 2018 but it renews if neither side informs the other they are ending the agreement, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Brock has yet to say he's leaving and reportedly has not made a decision on his future at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Shane McMahon tweeted the following to all of the people who sent him best wishes after his emergency helicopter landing. He got a LOT of them, believe me.

I am humbled by the outpouring of love and good wishes. Feeling so blessed and grateful today.
— Shane McMahon (@shanemcmahon) July 20, 2017
Quote:
Today, WWE revealed Emma's bikini photo shoot. The WWE Star made news earlier this week after venting on not being used on TV, while it was also her five year anniversary with the company. You can check out her tweets below:
Link to the article: http://www.wwe.com/gallery/emma-biki...s#fid-40119773

Quote:
Former TNA World Champion Magnus is no longer with Global Force Wrestling, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The report states Magnus, whose real name is Nick Aldis, turned down GFW's latest contract offer. He reportedly worked the most-recent television tapings in Orlando, Florida under a handshake deal so the company could "protect the lineage of the GFW title," which he lost to Alberto El Patron.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that most of the new contracts GFW has signed with talent gives them ten percent of the independent date money the talent makes. In addition, it's reported talent doesn't get a cut of merchandise sold with their likeness if it's sold directly by GFW.
Quote:
With so many tickets left on sale, they discounted Battleground’s least expensive tickets last week. The $125 seats have been cut to $75. The $75 tickets have been cut to $55 and the $55 tickets have been cut to $25. They are pushing you can get into see the show for just $25. Even with Cena, the Smackdown PPV shows are harder to sell tickets for than the Raw shows, and even though Philadelphia is an historically good wrestling market, the Wells Fargo Center would hold around 15,000 seats for a PPV making it larger than most venues they run in.
Currently on track to be the worst performing PPV for the new Brand Split Era.

Quote:
The situation with Taya and her losing her Reina de Reinas title is even weirder than it seemed last week. The story actually dates back to when Johnny Mundo was being brought to Mexico for a photo shoot with all three of his belts. They said they were doing shoots with all the belts and asked Mundo to bring Taya’s belt with him when he came in. Then when he was there, they said they needed to shoot more photos with the Reina de Reinas belt, so asked him to leave the belt there so they could do that. Then, when they had possession of the belt back, they announced that Taya had been stripped of the title because she used a choke when she won the title from Ayako Hamada (which was back on 4/21 in Tijuana in what has been called the company’s best match of the year) and that the title could only change hands via pin or submission. Yes, they tried to argue a choke wasn’t a submission as their storyline reason for stripping her of the title. Keep in mind it was two months after the match, and worse, the Taya-Hamada match was a no DQ street fight. The public got on Vampiro’s case since he’s the figurehead and he was the one who made the announcement, as when AAA made the announcement, they may not have even remembered it was a no DQ match. Vampiro tried to babyface himself on Facebook and try to quell things with Taya since the company looked bad. But then at the TV tapings over the weekend in Monterrey, Sexy Star returned, which nobody knew was happening and she left with very bad feelings toward AAA for walking about after being asked to lose a match and drop the mixed tag team titles she was part of ...

What makes that notable is that they also want Mundo to drop his titles which are the AAA Mega heavyweight, the cruiserweight and the Latin American heavyweight to Mascara de Bronce. Bronce had their version of a Money in the Bank briefcase, although he may not have it now since there was a winner gets the briefcase match on the 7/16 TV tapings where Mascara de Bronce lost to Kross. I don’t know how he’ll handle this but I can’t imagine he would be happy about any of this
Some new details regarding the situation between Johnny Mundo/Taya and AAA/Vampiro which likely played a big role in Mundo wanting out of Lucha Underground and AAA.

Quote:
There’s a really notable power play going on with CMLL telling ROH that as partners they shouldn’t allow their contracted talent work at The Crash because they consider it their territory. The ROH wrestlers who are under exclusive deals like the Young Bucks, Cody, Jay Lethal, Silas Young, the Briscoes and others, aren’t allowed to work anywhere in the U.S. except PWG, but they’ve been able to work outside the U.S. and Ontario. But the pressure by CMLL is to make that also include Mexico. Some are unhappy because CMLL isn’t giving them bookings but is costing them bookings and Crash pays foreigners better than CMLL
Quote:
Pete Dunne noted on Twitter that he’s looking for more bookings in September and October. There is still no word on the WWE doing the weekly U.K. show. As noted before, they had buildings booked starting in June for regular tapings and then pulled out. It’s pretty clear the entire U.K. division and signing the talent was to keep ITV from getting a foothold and the best young talent. Now they’ve got guys under contract who are actually quite good but they aren’t using them. They also spent a ton to bring Jim Ross back, and his major job was to host that show
Quote:
We believe WWE is being significantly underpaid in its current Raw / SmackDown deal,” BTIG analyst Brandon Ross wrote in the new report, which notes that the two shows generate a staggering 260 hours of original programming a year a big ratings for USA Network. Ross estimates that USA Network is presently paying $140 million a year for its WWE broadcast rights and speculates that a new deal with USA, Facebook or other potential tech suitors could fetch $400 million or more.
WWE is not going to get anything close to that for their next tv deal. For some reference, WWE wanted somewhere around $400-$800 million for their last tv deal. Link to the article: http://awfulannouncing.com/wwe/analy...-facebook.html

Old 07-21-2017, 01:36 AM   #1326
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
  • According to the Observer, Rey Mysterio Eddie Guerrero's son has started training for a possible career in wrestling.
FIXED
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:41 AM   #1327
Juan
Doin' It Right

Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Mysterio talked about that on the Ross Report a few months ago
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:08 PM   #1328
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Man Cornette Hates the Most this Week:

Quote:
Alberto El Patron is no longer considered a suspect in the domestic violence incident that took place at the Orlando International Airport earlier this month.

As Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported, the Orlando Police Department's investigation into the incident ended with them finding that only Paige should be charged for domestic battery. That information has been forwarded to the state attorney's office for review and to decide whether charges will be filed.

Paige had previously claimed that she threw a drink at El Patron and was the one who was held for potential battery charges.

Global Force Wrestling has yet to indicate whether the Orlando PD's findings mean that El Patron's suspension will now be lifted. He had been suspended indefinitely until the resolution of the investigation.

WWE's zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic violence states that Paige would immediately be suspended if she were arrested for such a matter. If she were convicted, she would immediately be terminated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The WWE Network has begun uploading episodes of World Class Championship Wrestling from 1982 and 1983.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The forthcoming WWE book by Ric Flair and Charlotte, "Second Nature" will be released on 9/19. The book was co-authored by Brian Shields, who has done great work on WWE books in the past, including the first two versions of the WWE Encyclopedia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 7/20 edition of Impact did 322,000 overnight viewers, down from last week's 374,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE filed a response to the most recent version of the lawsuit filed against them by Scott "Raven" Levy and Marcus Bagwell on 6/29 in the United States District Court of Connecticut in regard to allegations that WWE owes them royalties from usage of material featuring their work in matches and segments from WCW and WWE on the WWE Network. As you might imagine, WWE pretty much reiterated that the two are not due any royalties from WWE Network and argued that the case has no merit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE star Darren Young is expected to be cleared to return to the ring next month.

Young underwent surgery back in January after suffering an elbow injury during a WWE Main Event episode in a bout against Epico in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Orlando Sentinel reporting that the man that was shot outside of the Performance Center a few years ago has been deemed incompetent to proceed in the aggravated assault trial against him.
Link to the article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...720-story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Nikki Bella did announce that John Cena and herself have set a wedding date but she did not divulge to the crowd when that was. Nikki also revealed that her neck is injured due to it not fusing properly and is waiting for it to heal. Bella says she hopes to get back in the ring soon
Quote:
A new "Table For 3" with Corey Graves, Renee Young and WWE Hall of Famer Lita will air on the WWE Network after Monday's RAW goes off the air. Below is the synopsis:

"Renee Young, Corey Graves, and Lita dish on everything from career triumphs to their love of Pee-Wee Herman in a fun-filled Table for 3."
Quote:
Matt Sydal suffered a dislocated shoulder at the most recent GFW Impact tapings, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Sydal worked an indie match last week in Israel but was limited in the ring. He is scheduled to face Ricochet at a UK indie show tonight. No word yet on details of the injury but it may have happened in the last match of the tapings, which saw Sydal team with X Division Champion Sonjay Dutt and World Champion Alberto El Patron to take on Trevor Lee, Low Ki and Bobby Lashley.
Quote:
The GFW Bound For Glory pay-per-view is currently scheduled for Sunday, November 5th, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. GFW is also planning a run of Impact live events for the Midwest this coming October. As noted, the company will run their first live events since the fall of 2014 beginning early next month in Connecticut & New York.
Quote:
Above is video of Triple H and Stephanie McMahon speaking at Fortune's Brainstorm Tech conference in Aspen, Colorado this past Tuesday. Stephanie commented on how the "Divas" name was once a good name for the WWE women's division, relating it to "divas of soul" Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston. She also talks about how push-back from social media led to the re-branding of the division. Stephanie says the female Superstars have become a focal point of WWE programming since the re-branding.

Triple H noted that the women's TV segments are often the highest-rated segments across the board, almost on a weekly basis.
Link to the video: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...en-revolution/

Quote:
After recent spoofs on Walker, Texas Ranger and The X Files, WWE has a new poll asking fans which 90s TV show would they like to see get the "Fashion Files" treatment from Tyler Breeze and Fandango next. As of this writing, 31% voted for the crew of Star Trek's USS Enterprise while 30% voted for the vampire hunters of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, 27% with Tim Taylor & Al Borland of Home Improvement and the rest voted for the doctors of ER.
Quote:
The WWE website has posted photos of new figures revealed by Mattel at the San Diego Comic Con on Thursday at this link. New figures include firsts for James Ellsworth, Ember Moon, Jack Gallagher, Tye Dillinger, Braun Strowman, Elias Samson and others. Ellsworth tweeted the following on his first figure:

Hey @Mattel this is really cool, my first @wwe action figure, I collected all as a kid, now I have my own, finally some #JusticeForEllsworth pic.twitter.com/0r4WoWsy6m
— James Ellsworth (@realellsworth) July 20, 2017
Quote:
WWE Home Video will be releasing "Iconic Matches" DVDs for John Cena, Finn Balor and Roman Reigns on October 17th, according to WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. The DVDs can be pre-ordered for $12.35 each via Amazon
Quote:
On episode 142 of Sam Roberts' Wrestling Podcast, professional broadcaster and sports entertainment enthusiast Sam Roberts spoke with WWE United States Champion AJ Styles. During the conversation, Styles talked about WWE's Southpaw Regional Wrestling and divulged that he will be appearing on the second season of the parody show.

According to Styles, he recently did some work on Southpaw Regional Wrestling and it is one of 'The Phenomenal One''s most favorite things he has done in WWE.

"I just did something recently that is on the top of my list of very funny things, Southpaw Regional Wrestling. Oh my God…"

Styles insinuated that he portrays a car salesman from Louisiana called Malibu Al on an upcoming season of SRW.
Link with more from the interview: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...stling-season/

Quote:
A WWE source is strongly denying Sports Illustrated's report that Talking Smack was canceled because Vince McMahon was not pleased with the show and it did not serve the company's best interests, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The report explains if that were true, Vince would have canceled Talking Smack outright instead of continuing to air it after pay-per-views. Moving forward, the series will continue, but with the lower watched Tuesday episodes being canceled.

Vince McMahon doesn't hate Talking Smack, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, but he does not watch it either. He gets a weekly report about the series every Wednesday. One segment Vince was reportedly unhappy with was when The New Day appeared on the series right after Kofi Kingston got cleared on the May 23, 2017 episode. This ended up being their Tuesday night debut and Vince felt their first appearance on Tuesday should have been on SmackDown.
Quote:
Buddy Murphy may have suffered an ankle or leg injury at Thursday's WWE NXT live event in Cocoa, Florida, according to multiple correspondents in attendance.

During the main event, which saw Hideo Itami & The Velveteen Dream defeat Murphy & Kassius Ohno, Murphy went down early in the match after landing bad on his ankle.

A WWE trainer came down and talked to Murphy for a minute but our correspondent noted that it looked like Murphy wanted to stay in the match. Referee Drake Wuertz came down a few minutes after the trainer and talked to Murphy, apparently talking him into going to the back to get checked out. Murphy left before the half-way point of the match, forcing Ohno to work the match by himself.
Link to the article: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...at-live-event/

• ROH is currently selling tickets for October's Global Wars tour for those interested and in the US/Canada. http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/global-wars-buffalo
  • During this week's San Diego Comic Con, Brie Bella mentioned about wanting to make an in-ring return for the WWE. https://twitter.com/TheEricGoldman/s...24848370667523
  • Rumor going around the net involves Daniel Bryan getting very comfortable not wrestling anymore due to Talking Smack and Brie Bella convincing him it would be the best for both to be retired. Was rumored to even be interested in extending his WWE deal to do more non-wrestling stuff but now that's up in the air since both of his reasons to be retired are now gone.
  • Delaware radio show 105.9's Rob Petree on Eagle 977 had a recent interview with Seth Rollins talking about the Universal Title, Rock, and his greatest WWE rival. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...as-an-old-man/
  • NJPW held a recent interview with Tetsuya Naito talking about the G1 Climax tournament and Kota Ibushi. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-being-worthy/
  • USA Today had a recent interview with Jinder Mahal talking about Drew McIntyre, wanting 3MB to return, and John Cena. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...we-summerslam/
  • Former WWE wrestler Ryback is currently dealing with online backlash related to sexist comments he made about Charlotte and WWE's women's division. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...comments-from/
  • During the recent episode of Edge & Christian podcast show with AJ Styles as the guest, Styles revealed he came up with the idea for the standoff with Nakamura at Money in the Bank in order to convince Vince that fans would love a big feud/match between the two.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:24 PM   #1329
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Daryl Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Raw numbers dropped only three percent from last week's three-month high for the show coming off Battleground.

Raw averaged 3.06 million viewers, making it the most-watched show on cable television, beating Rachel Meadow on MSNBC at 2.91 million viewers, and beating everything except ABC, CBS, and NBC.

This is the third straight week that Raw has averaged at least three million viewers, which is the first time that's happened since April ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.16 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.13 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.92 million viewers
In terms of rankings, didn't get the top spot since that went to the ghost of Nitro called Love & Hip Hop show. Also in terms of comparisons, same week last year had around 272k more viewers.

Quote:
As noted, AJ Styles was a heavy betting favorite in his match against Kevin Owens at this past Sunday's WWE Battleground pay-per-view once the smart money came in. The betting odds are usually accurate when the smart money is in, and Styles was the only favorite to lose his match on Sunday.

The finish of the match was awkward, which saw Owens roll Styles over while in the Crossface as a groggy referee counted three. Styles legitimately looked confused, and as noted yesterday, he stayed in the ring after the match and seemed upset. Because of the strange finish, there was some speculation that Styles might not have gotten his shoulder up in time and may have only heard the referee's hand hit the mat twice. Referees are supposed to call the match like a shoot, which would have resulted in the three count and title change.

According to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio, the correct person ended up winning, however the finish of the match was changed after the match had started. Alvarez said that the finish was changed in the middle of the match and not at the end. It's not known why the change was made, but the decision was made to have Owens win before the finish.
Quote:
After she did some of the interviews on Raw last night, it seems that Renee Young will be on both Raw and SmackDown going forward. She posted a photo with Charly Caruso on Instagram and wrote: "Dream team back in the (RAW) hiiiizouse!!! @charlycarusowwe (and yes, I'll still be on Smackdown)"
Link to the Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BW85uS6F...youngwwe&hl=en

Quote:
John Cena and Roman Reigns have continued to build to a future match on Twitter. Reigns initially posted about the Philly crowd being quiet at Battleground, calling himself "The Big Fight" and saying that the crowd better bring their best when they return. Cena responded with: "Pride...always comes before the fall. Don't get too far ahead of yourself young man. But if U want a BigFight careful what u wish for... #RAW" Reigns told Cena to come to his yard if he wants to face him.
Quote:
Brandon Howard has an article for Fightful that looks at which wrestlers in the women's division are getting the most views on YouTube. Nikki Bella (22), Alexa Bliss (22), and Bayley (19) were featured in the most videos with over 500,000 views from January 29th to July 10th of this year. Eleven of Bella's videos also included John Cena, though she hasn't been on TV since WrestleMania.
Link to the article: http://www.fightful.com/exclusive-ni...-youtube-views

Quote:
Matt Hardy wrote about the ongoing legal situation with Anthem: "FUN FACT-Myself, Jeff & Reby spent $2500 & 4 days creating The Final Deletion set, with ZERO help from TNA, as it was our vision & creation."
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/s...744722432?s=09

Quote:
What Culture Pro Wrestling announced that they're bringing back their "Loaded" series, which had been canceled after YouTube's changes to how wrestling promotions can monetize their content. The next episode will debut on their subscription service on August 3rd, then will be on Twitch on August 4th before coming to YouTube on August 5th.
Link to the announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypPH37tDgfQ

Quote:
One of the reasons there was so little heat for the last two matches last night is that they put tickets for the Royal Rumble in Philadelphia on sale at the box office at 10:45 p.m., and hundreds of fans left to get in line for tickets rather than watch the last two matches.
at WWE doing this while a PPV was going on.

Quote:
The WWE Network has added six new 1986 house show from the Boston Garden:

1/11: Roddy Piper & Bob Orton vs. Bruno Sammartino & Paul Orndorff, Tito Santana vs. Randy Savage, Terry Funk vs. Pedro Morales
2/8: Bruno Sammartino vs. Roddy Piper cage match, Ricky Steamboat vs. Don Muraco, Tito Santana vs. Randy Savage, Hart Foundation vs. Killer Bees
5/24: Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage
6/27: Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage, Paul Orndorff vs. Don Muraco, JYD vs. King Kong Bundy
9/6: Randy Savage vs. George Steele, British Bulldogs vs. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff
10/4: Big Machine & Super Machine & Piper Machine (Blackjack Mulligan & Bill Eadie & Roddy Piper) vs. King Kong Bundy & John Studd & Bobby Heenan, Tito Santana vs. Harley Race
Quote:
Finn Balor may have gotten banged up on Friday night's show in Fayetteville as he was wearing kinesio tape on his surgically repaired shoulder at last night's house show in Hampton.
His appearance on RAW last night ended up confirming rumors of him being injured. Doesn't seem to be as serious as his prior shoulder injury.

Quote:
Kurt Angle answered a question about how he prepared himself for the Jason Jordan reveal on Raw: "I thought to myself what it would be like to see my son Kody for the first time ever, and didn't know it for 20 years. I thought if it were real, how would I feel?" He also wrote about Austin Aries' release: "I'm sure that neither side was happy. Austin is a very very talented wrestler. Love his style."
Link to the posting: https://www.facebook.com/realkurtang...%3A%22R9%22%7D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With WWE scheduled to report their second quarter earnings for 2017 this Thursday, WWE released SEC filings that reveal a number of WWE executives recently sold WWE stock.

Kevin Dunn (83,737 shares), Michelle Wilson(81,951), George Barrios (81,856), Michael Luisi (13,601), Stephanie McMahon and Paul Levesque (10,417 each), selling at an average price of $21.29 per share.
Due to the timing of the sales, being seen as a very bad sign for the report. Rumor going around the net involves the WWE doing a batch of talent releases by the end of the week and Emma rumored to be among those being gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It was noted to me by several people that the company has cut back on production staff at TV of late, including stagehands and camera crew personnel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Davey Richards announced the following this afternoon on Twitter:

Thank you to everyone @IMPACTWRESTLING !! Keep watching every Thursday night @PopTV !! pic.twitter.com/9EppwS9Hjj
— Wesley Richards (@RichardsWesley) July 24, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Global Force Wrestling announced today that in addition to John Hennigan, TaGya and Drago will be working the promotion's announced live events in the Northeast next month.

GFW is running 8/4 in Long Island, NY at the Sports Arena in St. James, 8/5 in Staten Island, NY and 8/6 in Bridgeport, CT.
Quote:
Daryl, the stuffed cat that Hiromu Takahashi has been carrying around, was ripped to shreds by Fale at this morning's G1 show. Fale posted an edited tribute video to Daryl, with it ending with him destroying the cat. Kenny Omega tweeted: "An extremely emotional and touching tribute. Bullet Club offers to cover any and all funeral expenses for your... ummm... thing. #RIPDARYL"

Old 07-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #1330
TheTerminator

TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)
GWC is back with a must watch match : Lilith Vs Juggaknot!

WWE should do more intergender matches like this right here!

Enjoy!
TheTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:33 PM   #1331
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
[*]In a third "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Jinder Mahal is one day away from having a longer WWE title reign than all of Daniel Bryan's combined WWE reigns. If he holds the belt for another month, he will have surpassed both Big Show and Jericho's combined time with the WWE/Undisputed belt. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._championship/
DB's first 2 reigns were shorter than Kane's 1 WWF title run.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #1332
TheTerminator

TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)TheTerminator is pretty cool (5,000+)
Amazing wrestling action : Lilith Vs Juggaknot : GWC Intensity!

Check this awesome match out ladies and gentlemen and its worth a watch!
TheTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #1333
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Nakamura's Artistic Interpretation of Cena:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The dark match from last night's Smackdown taping saw Jinder Mahal defend the World Title against John Cena. In ended in a disqualification when The Singh Brothers intervened. Cena made his own save.

The Great Khali was NOT with Mahal.

Spoiler tags used since it might be related to the results for next week Cena-Nakamura match and current status of Khali in the WWE.

Quote:
Coming off of Sunday's poorly received Battleground pay-per-view, SmackDown ratings essentially remained even with last week's number. The show averaged 2.535 million viewers, down very slightly from last week's 2.548 million.

The episode was third for the night on cable, trailing the Rachel Maddow Show and Tucker Carlson Tonight, both of which aired opposite SmackDown. In the 18-49 demo, it fell to second this week with a 0.77 rating, trailing Sharks and the City on the Discovery Network.

With a full year having passed since the brand split and the move to a live format on Tuesday nights, the year-over-year comparisons are relevant again, and SmackDown was down about eight percent from this week in 2016, about the same as Raw has been doing.
Quote:
The edition of 30 for 30 that ESPN has been producing on Ric Flair finally has its air date.

ESPN announced today that "Nature Boy," a documentary on Flair's life and career in pro wrestling, will premiere on Tuesday, November 7th at 10 p.m. ET. The project is directed by Rory Karpf and has been in the works since 2015.

Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, Baby Doll, Tully Blanchard, The Undertaker, Arn Anderson, Shawn Michaels, Sting, and Road Warrior Animal are listed as being interviewed for the 30 for 30, along with Flair's first wife, his children, and others close to him.
Quote:
Brock Lesnar isn't doing anything to quiet rumors about a potential return to the Octagon.

Speaking with the Associated Press, Lesnar responded to comments that Jon Jones had made on a Facebook Live session on Tuesday. Jones said that he would love to face Lesnar and called the matchup a massive draw, but noted that he didn't think Lesnar would take a fight against him ...

Speculation about Lesnar fighting in the UFC again became rampant last week, with reports of him entering back into the USADA drug testing pool in anticipation of an eventual return ...

Lesnar is currently under a one-year suspension from USADA for drug test failures stemming from his win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200 last July. The suspension was frozen when Lesnar "retired" from MMA in February, and it's believed he would have to be tested for at least five more months before being allowed to fight again.

That would place a UFC return at late December at the soonest but more likely in early 2018.

Lesnar is currently under contract with WWE through next year's WrestleMania after signing a three-year deal in 2015, and the company would have to give him approval to fight while under contract. There has also been speculation that, in part, Lesnar is using a possible UFC return to gain more leverage in contract negotiations with WWE.
Quote:
Reby Hardy has continued to tweet about The Hardys' legal situation with Anthem over ownership of their "Broken" characters, including her claiming that Matt Hardy has taped all of his phone calls with Ed Nordholm and saying that Nordholm is lying about the situation. That was in response to a Sports Illustrated interview with Nordholm, where he said that Anthem is moving on after trying to reach a resolution and said that Matt is "prepared to tell falsehoods" about the contract that he had with TNA. Matt Hardy also wrote that he had the entire conversation with Nordholm recorded and said that Nordholm lied to defame him.
Link with the Sports Illustrated interview: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...orce-wrestling

Quote:
After SmackDown last night, Daniel Bryan tweeted video of the debut episode of "Smacking Talk," which is the "rogue edition" of Talking Smack that he had been tweeting about. Renee Young was the co-host of the show and Chad Gable was the guest. WWE.com posted an article about it, with Bryan responding: "After 5,000+ retweets and 15,000+ likes, @wwe finally acknowledged #SmackingTalk, then called it 'bewildering.' #YesMovementPart2 is coming!"
Quote:
The state attorney's office in Florida confirmed that no arrest warrant has been issued for Paige after false reports claimed that one had. No decision has been made on whether she'll be charged for the airport domestic violence incident with Alberto El Patron.
Supposedly a website called Pro Wrestling Times got outed as the source for the fake arrest warrant story. They have ties to a former writer from Sportskeeda who was known to pass off fake wrestling news from time to time. Also has ties to a wrestling podcast show that got outed for selling stolen designs and bootleg wrestling merch.

Quote:
Shawn Michaels announced that he'll be on the road with NXT and working backstage at their house shows in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Minneapolis this weekend.
Quote:
What Culture Pro Wrestling clarified that the return of their "Loaded" series doesn't mean that YouTube has changed the restrictions on wrestling promotions being able to monetize their videos.
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/wcpw/status/890205031135313920

Quote:
ROH announced that Brandi Rhodes will make her Women of Honor debut at their TV tapings in Concord, North Carolina on Saturday. She'll team with Sumie Sakai against Mandy Leon & Jenny Rose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
According to a WWE social media posting on Twitter, Thea Trinidad's WWE NXT name is officially Zelina Vega. There have been some other variations of the name making the rounds since she made her official debut on TV, but that's the official name and spelling.

Trinidad, a former TNA Knockout, was signed after picking up a role pretty much playing the role of AJ Lee in the forthcoming WWE Studios film Fighting With My Family, based on the documentary of the same name on the family of WWE star Paige.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
I guess WWE felt the need to confirm the status for the future of Renée Young. They have a post on WWE.com saying that she will all be working both on Raw and Smackdown from here on out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
During a currently ongoing media conference call with GFW's Dutch Mantel and Bruce Prichard, the pair were asked about Alberto el Patron.

Mantel noted that Patron has been cleared as a suspect in the 7/9 Orlando airport incident, but the company has continued its own internal investigation and when that is completed, they will "release their findings." So, it appears that is why Patron remains suspended despite the Orlando Police stating he is not a suspect nor is he being charged.

When Bram was suspended following a domestic violence related arrest several years back, his suspension from the company ended four days after it was publicly announced that the charges against him had been dropped. Obviously, that was a different management team and ownership, however.

• WWE will be releasing their second quarter fiscal report tomorrow along with answering questions from investors at 11AM EST.
  • Northeast Wrestling announced Chris Jericho will be making an appearance for their August 27th show in Wappingers, NY. Rey Mysterio and Cody were also announced to be on the card for the show. https://twitter.com/newwrestling1/st...35671717322752
  • 2K Games currently teasing details regarding the collector's edition of WWE 2k18 will be revealed tomorrow.
  • The Sporting News had a recent interview with James Storm talking about Impact's DDC storyline, Impact/GFW doing house shows again, and why he didn't stay in NXT for the longer term. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/111...n-nxt.html?p=1
  • Smackdown producer Road Dogg currently lashing out on fans who were upset over WWE Battlegrounds and Nakamura-Cena match being thrown away on a regular Smackdown show. Been blocking people who were supporting the #FireRoadDogg hashtag on Twitter. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-blocks-users/
  • Kenny Omega recently responded to comments made by Lance Storm and Davey Boy Smith Jr who were upset at the comedy match he had against Yano at the G1 tournament. Storm quickly backtracked when Omega asked him what was better, being successful at comedy wrestling or failing at serious wrestling. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...dic-wrestling/
  • Recent episode of the Steve Austin show with Jim Ross as the guest had Austin complain about WWE's poor booking and handling of Nakamura on Smackdown. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...suke-nakamura/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Kofi Kingston is currently the most decorated champion in WWE history to not win a WWE, World, or ECW championship (includes variants of WWE title). https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ated_champion/
Old 07-26-2017, 11:24 PM   #1334
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lol, Road Dogg takes the bait every time.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:27 AM   #1335
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
He really does. I just don't get how he doesn't just let it go. You don't have to respond or even read them.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:45 AM   #1336
Mr. Nerfect

And he can't take criticism in any sort of meaningful way. It's always the fault of the audience member if they don't like it. That's not really how entertainment works.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #1337
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
And he can't take criticism in any sort of meaningful way. It's always the fault of the audience member if they don't like it. That's not really how entertainment works.
It is if your name is Vince McMahon or you work for him.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:57 PM   #1338
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
2k releading collectors edition info before any screenshots or video of the game. Typical.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #1339
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Bliss & Nia Gif:

Quote:
WWE announced Thursday that they set a record for revenue of $214.6 million for the WrestleMania quarter, finishing with $5.1 million in profits as compared to $199 million in revenue and $800,000 in profits for the same quarter last year

The big key was less spending on the WWE Network. With fewer original non-wrestling shows, the profit margin for Network and pay-per-view was $1.2 million for the quarter instead of $8.3 million in losses for the same period one year ago. Actual subscribers were up four percent as of June 30th, but the number of people who canceled was also the largest in the history of the Network.
In terms of the Network it went from around 1.9 million to around 1.6 million although unlike before, didn't bother to reveal the split between free and paid accounts.

Quote:
Television, based on new deals and escalating deals, also increased in profitability and when it comes to overall profitability, it is still television and live shows that carry things. Live event profitability was down even though business was steady. North American shows were slightly up in attendance when you factor out WrestleManias each year (with WrestleMania, things were down based on the larger venue capacity last year).

North American non-Mania attendance went from 5400 to 5500 due to the increased number of pay-per-views that draw a larger attendance. Including WrestleMania in the average, it would be a decline from 6600 to 6400. Overseas shows fell from an average of 8000 to an average of 6300, but the drop was partially due to adding a lot more events in new markets.
Pretty much everything that went up also had something go down or had a catch for the increase.

Quote:
A question regarding moving Raw and SmackDown to Facebook came up and George Barrios noted that Raw and SmackDown is the company's biggest revenue stream and felt that at some point, social media platforms will mean as much as television does which is why they are working on their social media following.

When asked about the much-discussed weekly UK television show, Barrios really didn't answer or give a timetable. As noted before, WWE had contacted venues for monthly tapings that would have started in June, but then backed off with no announcements.
More details from the financial report: http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/ww...k-churn-240016

Quote:
WWE 2K18 will have a collector's edition celebrating the 15th anniversary of John Cena's debut. It includes playable versions of Cena, Rob Van Dam, Batista, and Kurt Angle, a Cena action figure, and a plaque autographed by Cena.
Link with details: http://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k18/...n-announcement

Quote:
Mike Kanellis tweeted to someone who called him a joke in Impact and WWE, with Kanellis writing that the difference is that he gets paid now. Matt Hardy responded: "It is truly DELIGHTFUL to get your check every week, on time, without having to chase it down for months."
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/...18587781636096, Matt Hardy's response: https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/s...93381638291456

Quote:
WWE is putting out an exclusive Brock Lesnar shirt for those in attendance at their last show at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit on Saturday. Lesnar is facing Samoa Joe in a Universal title match at the house show.
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/HeymanHustle/sta...24971994787840

Quote:
Skip Chaisson, the El Rey Network's chief creative officer, told IGN that things "look good" for Lucha Underground being renewed and said that they're discussing where to place it on their schedule.
Quote:
PROGRESS Wrestling announced that Candice LeRae will debut for the promotion at their show in London on Sunday in a Women's title match against Toni Storm. That show will also have British Strong Style defending their tag titles against Mark Haskins & Jimmy Havoc.
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/...60609867472896

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Global Force Wrestling has added two more dates to their scheduled August tapings in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios. The company will now tape from 8/17-8/22, six days total.

The company also officially announced the lineups for their 8/4 event in St. James, Long Island and 8/5 debut in Staten Island. No sign of Alberto el Patron.
Quote:
We noted before that several WWE RAW Superstars met up with GFW wrestlers at a bar after the July 17th RAW in Nashville.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Karen Jarrett approached Braun Strowman at the bar but it's believed that Strowman had no idea who she was. Karen commented that Braun was one of her son's favorite wrestlers and asked for an autograph for her son. Strowman was reportedly rude to Karen and may have sworn at her. This turned into a scene at the bar as Karen immediately "cut a major loud promo" on Strowman for blowing her off.

While Karen was ranting at Braun, she mentioned that she was going to tell her son's father, RAW General Manager Kurt Angle, about what happened. Strowman then changed his tune and said he would sign the autograph, begging Karen not to tell Kurt or anyone else. Strowman also apologized. Karen said she was still going to tell Kurt, which led to Braun saying he would get on his knees and beg her not to.

The Observer noted that Braun then got on his knees in front of a bunch of WWE talents and begged Karen not to. Karen said something to the tune of, "you're acting like that because you found out that Kurt Angle" is the father of her son, but even if he wasn't, Braun should not have acted like that to a mom who was trying to get her son an autograph. Braun said that she was right and he was sorry.
Quote:
There has been talk of doing another Superstar Shakeup after next month's WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, according to new reports by PWInsider and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. WWE previously held a roster Shakeup in April after WrestleMania 33.

While it might seem early for another Shakeup, The Observer notes that there is definitely talk of making a few roster moves in the fall. There has also been talk of sending one or more Superstars from the main roster to WWE NXT. The moves from the main roster to NXT would be for talents that were major stars in NXT that Vince McMahon simply is not going to push on RAW or SmackDown, even if they are over, or talents who are doing nothing on the main roster with the feeling that they could be more useful as top stars in NXT.
Quote:
Khali was kept secret and away from everyone. It wasn’t a secret that Mahal was winning, but the Khali interference was not well known. Khali wasn’t at television after, nor is he advertised at this point for any shows going forward. The one thing is that Khali is a legitimate well-known star in India. Since business growth in India is the big goal right now, even as limited as Khali is, using him makes all the sense in the world. Plus him being with Mahal, even in a limited capacity, may help get Mahal over to a higher level and be the modern Indian superstar the company is trying so hard to make
Quote:
Thus far, business is G-1 is also strong. At press time, every show but one, the 7/25 show in Fukushima, sold out in advance, and that show did end up being sold out. It was almost weird on 7/24 when the word was out the day before the show that there were tickets available. For a comparison with last year, four of the first even nights were legitimate sellouts and overall business based on the same period last year is up nine percent from what was considered a strong tour.

Another amazing stat is that the Japanese language feed of opening night, which was available free, did 600,000 live views. What that shows is that in Japan, there is great interest, but the mentality of paying for a streaming service isn’t there as New Japan World only had just over 60,000 paying subscribers at that point. The WWE Network, for the same reason, hasn’t done well in the Japanese market.
Quote:
While at the San Diego Comic Con, Johnny Mundo was asked if he was 100 percent done with AAA, and he said, “Never say never in wrestling.” He also said, “I still have the AAA titles. We still have business to take care of. We’re working things out, with several different companies and we’re dealing with a firestorm with the comments that have been flying back-and-forth on Twitter because of the situation, so I don’t know what’s going to happen.” Regarding Vampiro, he said, “Vampiro is a yes man. Vampiro just says yes to everyone, and he’s got his nose was up Dorian’s turd cutter and all it does is tell people what they want to hear. And ultimately, it sucks, because he tells us what we want to hear, and he tells someone else what they want to hear, and ultimately, he’s just lying to everyone.

Both were later at a 7/21 show in Tijuana where they tried to turn their Twitter thing into an angle. Not sure how well it worked since their beef was in English and most AAA fans don’t follow the company on Twitter, and particularly don’t in English ... After the match, Mundo brought all three of his belts and threw them on the ground in front of Vampiro. Vampiro then praised Mundo and Taya (who wasn’t there) and said he was disrespecting the belts. Mundo ran down Vampiro like it was on Twitter and said he would come to Aguascalientes (where AAA has its TV taping) if they paid him what he was owed. Mundo also threw the mic at Vampiro. Vampiro teased fighting Mundo. The belief is that Taya is not going back, but Mundo will be doing business and at least working TripleMania, but it’s unclear what his plans are after that point
Quote:
To save money and not have to tape content for the “One Night Only” shows, they are using footage from the GFW tapings a few years ago in Las Vegas with Chael Sonnen and others as monthly PPVs and free monthly specials for India and the U.K. Bobby Roode was on the tapings and they were marketing the next show around the idea that what was Bobby Roode doing in Las Vegas for the GFW show, like the show was new and Roode was showing up for it. Decades ago, Bill Watts did a segment on his shows where they’d show old footage of guys who were in WWF at the time, from Mid South months to years earlier, losing to wrestlers who were in Mid South, usually clean on their way out of the territory. Watts would air the footage, pretend the matches had just happened and how the WWF guys were looking for real competition, and then talk about how when they came in to test the Mid South guys they ended up not being able too hang
Quote:
There was also talk about ROH, with Nordholm saying that ROH wants an answer but they can’t give ROH an answer (this would be regarding the proposed Hardys vs. Young Bucks program that was to go on for months in both promotions trading the tag titles back-and-forth) unless Matt signed his deal. Matt talked about being at the tail end of his career and wanting to make sure he made the right deal for his family and said he was open for negotiations, and was willing t come to Orlando for TV, but Nordholm said that unless he signed a new deal, even if it’s a short-term deal, they can’t put him on TV
Seems its not just the Hardys who are currently pissed with Impact/GFW's new management.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #1340
Ruien
MVP Mark

Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What the hell? Dixie and Kurt have a kid? I think I am missing something.
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #1341
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
What the hell? Dixie and Kurt have a kid? I think I am missing something.
Somehow you have mistaken Karen Jarrett for Dixie Carter.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #1342
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Disappointed Cody isn't in tbe G-1. Would have been a great way for him to develop his skills.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:52 PM   #1343
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Disappointed Cody isn't in tbe G-1. Would have been a great way for him to develop his skills.
Probably too expensive. Honestly this has been the best quality G1 of the modern era too, so not even sure who I would want dropped for him. Fale maybe, but that wasn't going to happen and I ended up really enjoying seeing ZSJ work the big man down.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:31 PM   #1344
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Probably would have had a better chance if he wrestled more for NJPW or had signed a long term deal with ROH a lot earlier.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #1345
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So I take it black Friday was averted?
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #1346
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Possible they could still do it at a later date but yeah seems the source of the rumor was full of shit as usual. Hyped up both the financial report and today as being gloomy for the WWE and neither happened.

Seems to now imply it didn't happen because the WWE cut a lot of costs for the Network instead or brushing off ever having any big news to reveal.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #1347
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A rumour on the internet was wrong?!?

How is this even possible?
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #1348
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random HBK Gif:

Current rumor going around the net teases at a Kevin Owens vs Shane McMahon match to occur at SummerSlam.

The original plans were supposed to have been Owens wins the US belt via cheating at Battlegrounds, Shane appears and demands the match to be restarted, and Styles wins after the restart.

Owens appearance at Talking Smack was meant to be him trashing Shane and starting to goad him into doing a match at SummerSlam.

Spoiler tag used since its related to rumored SummerSlam plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There was a story making the rounds over the last week, one version of which we are told was reported by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer about a back and forth between WWE's Braun Strowman and GFW's Karen Jarrett. One version of the story is that Jarrett asked Braun for an autograph for her son and he blew her off, leading to her going off and telling him her son was Kurt Angle's son, at which point Braun begged off and apologized, not wanting to offend Kurt Angle. Another version that made the rounds last week is that Jarrett was being belligerent to Strowman. We are told the incident happened at a bar after Jeff Hardy's musical show following Raw in Nashville. A witness to the event told PWInsider, "It was a drunken conversation between two drunk people in a bar that got loud, nothing more."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For readers who have passed along the theory that Alberto el Patron remains suspended so GFW doesn't have to use or pay him for the live events, sources have denied that to us. The Patron suspension appears to be a decision Ed Nordholm is holding to and not something Jeff Jarrett or anyone from the wrestling side have continued to push. There has been communication between the two sides, almost daily. Nordholm did not respond to a PWInsider.com request for comment on the situation.
Quote:
Ratings for Impact were down for the second straight week. Thursday's show was watched by 286,000 viewers on Pop TV, which is in comparison to last week's 322,000.
Quote:
GFW announced that its 8/6 show in Bridgeport, CT was canceled. The reason given was unforeseen circumstances and logistical challenges. Tickets will be refunded. Anyone who has a ticket can also use that ticket for the 8/4 show in St. James, NY or the 8/5 show in Staten Island, NY.
Quote:
Bo Dallas discussed conspiracy theories with Chris Jericho on today's episode of Talk is Jericho.
Link to the podcast episode: https://www.podcastone.com/episode/B...piracyTheories

Quote:
The WWE movie "Pure Country: Pure Heart" with Shawn Michaels will be available on DVD and Blu Ray on Tuesday at Walmart and on Digital.
Quote:
A Go Fund Me has been set up for former WWE Tough Enough winner Matt Cappotelli as he battles a horrible form of brain cancer.
Link to the Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/mattsbiggestbattle

Quote:
NEW JAPAN G-1 CLIMAX TOURNAMENT SATURDAY IN NAGOYA AT 5 A.M.EASTERN TIME ON NEW JAPAN WORLD

Michael Elgin & David Finlay vs. Seiya Sanada & Bushi
Toru Yano & Jado vs. Evil & Hiromu Takahashi
Minoru Suzuki & Taichi vs Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi
Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
Yuji Nagata vs. Togi Makabe
Kota Ibushi vs. Bad Luck Fale
Hirooki Goto vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yoshi-Hashi
Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Tournament took yesterday off and resumes tonight. Next break is on August 3rd.

Quote:
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross appeared on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast this week and revealed that he is set to work 40 dates per year for WWE.

Ross commented on how he enjoys staying busy since his wife Jan passed away unexpectedly earlier this year. Ross also said he is happy with the schedule that he and WWE officials agreed on.

Ross last worked for WWE calling The Mae Young Classic with fellow Hall of Famer Lita in July. He will also be calling the live finale in September. Ross made his return to WWE at WrestleMania 33, calling The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns. Ross also called the WWE UK Title match between Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate at WWE NXT "Takeover: Chicago" in May. It was reported earlier this year that Ross signed a two-year deal with the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On the Matt Hardy-Ed Nordholm back and forth, sources close to the Hardy family stated that in the conversation Nordholm referred to during his Sports Illustrated interview a few days back, Matt never asked for an additional $100,000 in order to stay. The Hardy side of the story is that Hardy explained to Nordholm that since the company had taken so long to get him his contract, it was now three days until expiration and he felt it was in his family's best interest to see what WWE's interest was in him and that Nordholm admitted they wouldn't be able to match a WWE offer. But, there was no "if you give me X, I will stay" conversation, according to that side. All signs are that the Hardys are preparing a lawsuit against Anthem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE recently sent a survey out to fans on their mailing list earlier today, seeking input into which talents who are not currently on the WWE roster that fans consider their favorites. The names were all from GFWM ROH, New Japan and Lucha Underground, including The Young Bucks, Tiger Mask, Fenix, The Briscoes, Santana, KUSHIDA, The Mac, Ethan Carter (EC3 obviously), Pentagon Dark, Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hangman Page, Sienna, Taya, Kelly Klein, Marty Scurll Deona Purrazzo, Ortiz, Will Osprey (sic), Son of Havoc, Killshot, Kenny King, War Machine, Lashley, Angelia (sic) Love, Jushin Thunder Liger, Mil Muertes, Tetsuya Naito, Texano, and Zack Sabre Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
We are hearing Davey Richards' release from GFW was unconditional, which means he could pop up anywhere he wanted to wrestle for going forward. Richards stated he asked for his release to pursue medical school.
Quote:
Chris Jericho filmed material for the next round of Southpaw Regional Wrestling episodes while backstage at this week's WWE SmackDown, according to PWInsider. Jericho appears in the series as Clint Bobski.
Quote:
On July 24th the WWE filed a new trademark for Taboo Tuesday. For those who may remember the WWE ran two PPV’s under the name Taboo Tuesday, the first being October of 2004, and the second in November of 2005.

The Taboo Tuesday PPV has fans vote online what stipulations and which opponents certain wrestlers should have. Past stipulations included outfit for a diva battle, weapon of choice match and what type of gimmick match should take place.

The PPV eventually changed it’s name to Cyber Sunday, with the last one taking place in Phoenix back in 2008.
Link with some more details: http://heelbynature.com/2017/07/29/w...usive-details/

Old 07-31-2017, 01:37 PM   #1349
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fuck's sake, sick of Shane getting awkwardly shoehorned into a match at every big PPV.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:07 PM   #1350
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Del Rio or Paige need to pull a Robin Williams.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #1351
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't think either have the talent to pull off a leading role in a comedy.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #1352
Big Vic
( ._.)

Quote:
Chris Jericho filmed material for the next round of Southpaw Regional Wrestling episodes while backstage at this week's WWE SmackDown, according to PWInsider. Jericho appears in the series as Clint Bobski.
Best news of the week!
Quote:
On July 24th the WWE filed a new trademark for Taboo Tuesday. For those who may remember the WWE ran two PPV’s under the name Taboo Tuesday, the first being October of 2004, and the second in November of 2005.

The Taboo Tuesday PPV has fans vote online what stipulations and which opponents certain wrestlers should have. Past stipulations included outfit for a diva battle, weapon of choice match and what type of gimmick match should take place.

The PPV eventually changed it’s name to Cyber Sunday, with the last one taking place in Phoenix back in 2008.
On the same night as SDL?
Old 07-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #1353
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They could do it as a special episode of SDL?
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #1354
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Braun's Words of Wisdom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oBSERVER
The WWE's television ratings momentum continues to be positive as last night's Raw did 3.16 million viewers, the best number since the April 17th show which was the superstar shakeup episode, and a show that had far more reasons to do big numbers ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.19 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.28 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.02 million viewers
Still can't beat the Ghost of Nitro, Love & Hip Hop for the #1 ranking spot. WWE has a few more weeks to build up a buffer before the begin of the NFL season onslaught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All four Broken Universe-related trademarks that TNA Entertainment (now Global Force Wrestling) filed for registration have been given an initial refusal by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

The "Broken Matt" trademark was refused for various reasons. The primary reason given was likely confusion with Matt Hardy's own filing for a 'Broken Matt Hardy' trademark, which Hardy filed first ...

The "Brother Nero" trademark was refused because GFW needed to indicate whether it identifies a living person, and if it does they would need Jeff Hardy's consent. Nero is Jeff Hardy's legitimate middle name.

The "Broken Brillance" trademark was refused because GFW must specify whether "Broken Brillance" has any significance in professional wrestling or whether it's just a "term of art" in the wrestling industry.

The trademark for "Vanguard1" was refused due to likely confusion with a non wrestling-related trademark.

It was also noted that all four trademarks were also refused because it was ruled that the wordings used for identification and classification of goods and services in the initial filing were too broad, thus the USPTO ruled those filings needed additional clarification.
Quote:
ROH issued a correction on yesterday's announcement about Kenny Omega wrestling at Global Wars, saying that there's no confirmation that Omega will be defending his IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship on October 15th in Chicago.
Link to the previous announcement: http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/...chicago-240231

Quote:
Hiromu Takahashi commented on Bad Luck Fale ripping up Daryl (Takahashi's stuffed cat): "Do you find that kind of thing fun? Is it a joke to you? You see that kind of thing, laugh along, hahaha? Because if you do, I'm sorry, I want nothing to do with you. I have no room for cruel, barbaric people in my life. If you got caught up in all that, if you sick people enjoyed that, then please forget about me, and forget about poor Daryl. If you truly love me and Daryl, then I'm here for you."
Link to the comments: https://www.njpw1972.com/card_result/11401

Quote:
With the status of WWE's plans in the United Kingdom still undefined, Pete Dunne hasn't had a ton of opportunities to defend his UK Championship since winning it at TakeOver: Chicago.

His first defenses came at NXT's house shows at Download Festival in June, then he defeated Trent Seven, Wolfgang, and BT Gunn to retain the title in ICW last Saturday. Next, he'll be putting it on the line when PROGRESS Wrestling comes to New York later this month.

PROGRESS announced yesterday that Jack Gallagher would return to the promotion to challenge Dunne for the WWE UK title at their show in New York on August 12th. It will be the second time that the championship has been defended in PROGRESS, with Tyler Bate having previously retained against Mark Andrews over WrestleMania 33 weekend in Orlando.

WWE also posted a story about the Dunne vs. Gallagher UK title match on their website.

Like with the UK plans, WWE has yet to officially reveal any updates about PROGRESS and ICW events being shown on the Network, but Dunne's title defenses are proof that the relationship between the companies remains strong.
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/...25446007406596

Quote:
In addition to the Pete Dunne vs. Jack Gallagher WWE UK title match, Trent Seven & Tyler Bate will defend their PROGRESS tag titles against Travis Banks & TK Cooper (w/ Dahlia Black) at PROGRESS NYC on August 12th.
Quote:
TMZ had a report on Chris Jericho in an incident after his Friday night tribute concert for the late musician David Z. The report said that a lot of people were approaching Jericho for autographs, he was signing, then he wanted to leave and got frustrated and told people he wanted to leave. One person started yelling at him and then they started swearing back-and-forth which was taped and the video is available on the TMZ site. Jericho issued an apology for his actions saying, "David Z was a good friend of mine and I was mentally and emotionally shattered after paying tribute to him and essentially saying goodbye to him Friday night. I was not in a good state of mind at that time and instead of ignoring a pushy (aka rude) fan, which is what I would usually do, I snapped. My apologizes to all involved and God bless David Z."
Quote:
WWE and Mattel have come to terms on a new deal that leaves Mattel as the exclusive toy licensee in the U.S. through 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Kairi Sane is currently on the injured list after the recent WWE signee sustained a concussion during the Mae Young Classic tapings.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us the wrestler formerly known as Kairi Hojo is also dealing with some neck pain … but officials expect her to be cleared for return in early August.

It’s unclear which match the injury occurred during, or how exactly it went down.

Because officials have been told Kairi will get the green-light next month, the injury shouldn’t stop her from wrestling in September at the MYC finals in Las Vegas.
Spoilers related to Mae Young Classic Tournament.

Quote:
John Cena has booked his next movie role, and it appears to be his biggest yet.

The Hollywood Reporter revealed today that Cena would be playing a lead role in "Bumblebee." The film is a spinoff of the Transformers franchise and will be directed by Travis Knight, with Cena starring alongside actress Hailee Steinfeld.

Cena wrote about the news on Twitter: "One of the most exciting projects I've been fortunate to be a part of. Thrilled to join the #Transformers franchise!" Details of his role haven't been announced yet.

In the Hollywood Reporter article, it's noted that Paramount Studios hopes that "Bumblebee" will be the first in more prequels and offshoots of the Transformers series. The film will be set in 1987 and the plot is described as: "Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small California beach town. Charlie (Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary yellow VW bug."

Production started today and the film is scheduled to be released on December 21st, 2018.

How this will affect Cena's WWE schedule isn't known, though he's advertised for both SummerSlam in August and No Mercy in September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced a number of new additions for the WWE Network this morning.

There will be a new Table for 3 next Monday featuring Sean Waltman, Diamond Dallas Page, and Scott Hall. The following Monday will see the debut of another Table for 3 episode featuring the incredible trio of former NWA World champions and WWE Hall of Famers Sting, Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat.

WWE also pushed a new episode of Bring it to The Table, The Mae Young Classic, Summerslam and NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III.

WWE will also be adding a Kurt Angle Network Collection as well as their third wave of "Hidden Gems."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE filed for a trademark on the term "3:16" on 7/26 for merchandising purposes, specifically releasing t-shirts with different cities (such as the Los Angeles 3:16 shirt that was sold at the last Raw taping there.)
Quote:
It would appear that Brandi Rhodes is gone from Global Force Wrestling.

The promotion recently updated its roster section on ImpactWrestling.com and she is no longer listed as an active Knockout. She is also not listed in the Alumni section since her profile was deleted altogether.

Rhodes has not addressed her status with Global Force Wrestling.

Rhodes, who joined the promotion last September, was last seen on Impact Wrestling in April, competing in a Knockouts #1 Contender Gauntlet Battle Royal.

Rhodes is now wrestling for Ring of Honor's Women of Honor Division. She made her ROH debut last Saturday at a television taping in Concord, North Carolina, where she teamed up with Sumie Sakai against Mandy Leon and Jenny Rose.
Quote:
The legendary Terry Funk has not wrestled his last match.

Funk, now 73, is advertised to wrestle on Sept. 23 for Big Time Wrestling in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

For the first time ever, Funk will team with The Rock N' Roll Express, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. Their opponents in a six-man tag team match are Jerry "The King" Lawler, Doug Gilbert and Brian Christopher.

According to PWInsider.com, Funk has not made any wrestling-related appearances since last September when health issues forced him to leave a wrestling show early.
Quote:
John Cena's days as a member of the blue brand appear to be coming to an end, at least for the immediate future.

We mentioned over the weekend that Cena, who is currently billed as "a free agent," is scheduled for his first RAW pay-per-view since the Draft last year with WWE No Mercy at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA on Sunday, September 24th. Cena will actually stop working SmackDown televised events with the SummerSlam go-home show on Tuesday, August 15th. After that, he is only scheduled to work Monday Night RAW tapings and RAW pay-per-views.

As for live events, Cena is headed to the red brand much sooner. Cena will only be working RAW live events starting this month with one exception - the SmackDown live event on Monday, August 14th at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, MA.
Quote:
There are major cutbacks going on all over WWE right now, including the cancellation of WWE Network programs and no longer doing the pyro at shows.

Dave Meltzer stated on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE "promised everyone" they were going to have bigger profits in 2017 than they had in 2016 and they're not anywhere close.

"So last year's profits were about $30 million," said Meltzer on the August 1, 2017 episode of Wrestling Observer Radio. "And this year we're about halfway through and — I don't have the exact numbers in front of me - but it's like five or six million, which means there's a lot of catching up to do."

This is believed to be the reason why there is no longer a pyro at WWE shows and a lot of shows on the WWE Network are getting canceled, in an attempt to lower production costs.

"They're not in any financial trouble but the Network subscriber number is a genuine disappointment," explained Meltzer. "The growth coming out of WrestleMania that would have been expected wasn't there."

One thing that has not helped the growth of the WWE Network is doing brand specific pay-per-views for RAW and SmackDown but it's not expected that WWE is going to go back to just one pay-per-view a month.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:14 PM   #1355
Corkscrewed

Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Maybe if they did better shows, more people would watch and subscribe, and they would have better profits?
Corkscrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:25 AM   #1356
Mr. Nerfect

You'd think it would really be that simple to them?
Old 08-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #1357
erickman
king of sucks

erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
the problem is they go from 50 buck wrestlmania ppv to 10 buck network. the 4 big ppvs should not be on the network they should have kept them as real ppvs.
erickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #1358
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Classic WWF Gif:

Quote:
Despite heavy promotion for last night's John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura main event, SmackDown ratings were only up a bit more than one percent from last week. The show averaged 2.569 million viewers, the highest number since June 27th.
Quote:
WWE.com posted an article last night stating that Bayley’s shoulder was injured during her match against Nia Jax on Raw this past Monday. The injury appears to be legitimate, though the severity of it isn't currently known.

The article mentions that the official diagnosis was inconclusive due to the amount of swelling suffered following the bout. The injury seems to stem from either a spot where Jax threw Bayley out of the ring under the bottom rope and her shoulder hit on the mat hard or when Jax gave her a double chicken wing slam.

Dr. Chris Amann stated in the article that Bayley would be undergoing more diagnostic testing later this week to determine the extent of the injury once the swelling goes down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
New York City's WPIX Channel 11 News announced that Paul Heyman would be appearing on tonight's 10 PM news broadcast around 10:45 PM alongside Scott Stanford (who is a news anchor for the station on top of his WWE announcing duties) with "breaking news" about the 8/20 Summerslam PPV in Brooklyn, NY.

Heyman teased his appearance earlier this evening via Twitter:

Hey @scottstanford1 why do I have eight messages from @pix11sportsdesk and your news trucks in front AND behind me?
WTF? This is insane! pic.twitter.com/6kZvRjgsxd
— Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) August 2, 2017

Scott Stanford responded:

If you'd pick up your phone, we wouldnt have to follow you!! @PIX11News @HeymanHustle @WWE https://t.co/Up6SwKmVPU
— Scott Stanford (@scottstanford1) August 2, 2017

WPIX later announced the following:

EXCLUSIVE tonight: @HeymanHustle joins @scottstanford1 in studio at 10:45 with breaking news on @WWE @SummerSlam Weekend pic.twitter.com/FzIE9xpbnx
— PIX11 News (@PIX11News) August 2, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network has begun uploading the second half of the WWE ECW episodes as well as more World-Class Championship Wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
John Cena took to Twitter to comment on his bout with Shinsuke Nakamura last night and his bad bump right before the finish of the bout while responding to something Kevin Owens wrote about the match and Cena:

Did kinda tip my hand there. I know U can't C me, but there's #Morethanmeetstheeye much #Respect to @ShinsukeN good luck at #SummerSlam @WWE https://t.co/CqhYy4NJoz
— John Cena (@JohnCena) August 2, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Daniel Bryan posted the following on Twitter:

Sorry everyone, rogue #SmackingTalk only lasted one week before being shutdown. We'll keep on fighting the good fight. @ReneeYoungWWE #TOUT
— Daniel Bryan (@WWEDanielBryan) August 2, 2017
Quote:
Dakota Kai, who was formerly known as Evie before signing with WWE, will team with Dahlia Black against Jinny & Deonna Purrazzo at PROGRESS NYC on August 12th. Jack Gallagher will also be challenging Pete Dunne for the WWE UK title at that show.
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/...52827898490881

Quote:
Paul Heyman is reportedly pushing for Brock Lesnar to drop the WWE Universal Title to Samoa Joe at SummerSlam later this month, according to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated.

As noted, Heyman announced on this week's RAW that he and Lesnar will leave WWE if Lesnar loses the title in the SummerSlam Fatal 4 Way with Joe, Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman. Barrasso points to how a SummerSlam loss would allow Lesnar to take needed time off to begin training for the rumored UFC return fight against Jon Jones, who would have to move to heavyweight.

Lesnar is signed to WWE through WrestleMania 34 in 2018 and there is no chance of him opting out early. SI reports that Lesnar's UFC return is imminent and that he will still work the 2018 Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 34. The UFC fight has been rumored for November or December of this year. As noted, Lesnar is also advertised for the No Mercy pay-per-view in Los Angeles, CA from the Staples Center on Sunday, September 24th.
Link to the article: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...att-cappotelli

Quote:
Speaking of Flair, we noted that The Roman Show caught up with the Nature Boy this past Friday night. Flair said that he is a big fan of rap stars Rick Ross, Snoop Dogg and others. He also said that he was "honored" that Ross' hit song Bout that life was dedicated to him.

"I love Rick (Ross)," Flair said. "I see him when I am down here. He lives in Atlanta [by the song]. I am honored. I've done stuff with Post Malone. I like Rick Ross, Post Malone, 50 Cent... My my closest friend, Snoop, is on 30 for 30. I am a big fan of Snoop Dogg."

Flair later added, "Snoop gave me credit for creating swag."
Link to the interview: http://rodolforoman.com/wordpress/ri...ohncenarecord/

Quote:
Heath Slater is launching the Face 2 Face Wrestling School, a privately owned training facility for new as well as previously trained wrestlers starting next Wednesday, August 9th in Atlanta, Ga. The facility will boast more professional wrestling and training experience than any other training center in the World with lead trainers Mr. Hughes, WWE Hall of Fame Superstars Teddy Long and Ron Simmons along with Jazz, Kiera Hogan and Odinson. The 7200 sq. ft facility has two new 18' rings, a full media room and a promo room as well as a full time strength, conditioning and nutrition coach. They have 4k live action cams recording every in ring move as well, and they can provide pricing packages that include housing long or short term.
Quote:
Below is video from this week's Bring It To The Table with Peter Rosenberg, JBL and Corey Graves. JBL says a reunion of The Shield is not necessarily a positive thing. JBL believes Roman Reigns is the guy they want to carry the company and sell the tickets but Reigns with The Shield didn't sell tickets. JBL says Reigns is the guy everyone comes to boo, and that sells tickets & merchandise. Graves loves the potential for Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose but he wonders if the WWE Universe would react differently to Reigns if they did a full-blown three-member reunion.

Could @WWERollins, @TheDeanAmbrose and @WWERomanReigns benefit from a #Shield reunion? The #BringItToTheTable panel has some doubts... pic.twitter.com/kJptLDqhrg
— WWE (@WWE) August 1, 2017
Quote:
Karen Jarrett was asked about the reported altercation between her and Braun Strowman at a Nashville bar a few weeks back during a conference call with the media on Wednesday.

"Oh my goodness, I can clear the air," said Jarrett. "It was a silly incident where you have two people in the wrestling business playing their characters, being silly and it got blown way out of proportion." ...

"And the fact that the two of us are still in the news and it's still being talked about, that's a question that you took the time to ask I think is hysterical, to be honest with you," Jarrett continued. "It's silliness. It's the wrestling business, we had fun with it and somebody took it and turned it into something more than it was."
Quote:
Former WWE superstar Jack Swagger could possibly be on his way to Global Force Wrestling after departing WWE earlier this year.

Dutch Mantell, who is now working as head of the GFW creative team, commented on Swagger during a conference call with the media last week. Below is what he said when In Ring Pop asked Mantell if we could see Swagger in GFW:

"I talk to Jack every couple of weeks. Since he left WWE, he has expressed some interest and we have some interest in him," said Mantell. "He was on the road for 10 years, and I think right now he is enjoying his time off. But, I am interested in bringing him in. I think he is a great in-ring talent and performer. Even better than that, he is a great guy to be around. I think you could possibly see him in GFW soon."

Mantell worked side-by-side Swagger during their time in WWE together as his manager Zeb Colter. The two had separate pairings together from 2013–2016. Colter left the company last year, while Swagger requested and was granted his release in March.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #1359
Ruien
MVP Mark

Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What is it with WWE wrestlers running for office?
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:59 AM   #1360
SenatorJPO
Cheese Packer w/ MPA Deg.

SenatorJPO is "reptacular" (2,500+)SenatorJPO is "reptacular" (2,500+)SenatorJPO is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
What is it with WWE wrestlers running for office?
It's because they want to leverage their social capital for personal gain.
SenatorJPO is offline   Reply With Quote