TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-15-2016, 03:52 PM   #561
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After receiving criticism for a tweet Big E made with a picture of WWE’s five black champions and the #BlackExcellence hashtag, Kofi Kingston wrote a response explaining why the achievement is important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi's Official Twitter account
While much of the feedback has been positive, there has also been a lot of negative response with regard to the picture we posted illustrating Rich, Sasha, Xavier, E, and myself wielding our championship titles. Perhaps this is because many are in question of the motivation behind the post:

It does not come from a place of malice, spite, or gloating. It comes from a place of joy and a place of happiness. We have a very strong sense of pride in being the Black People simultaneously holding championships in WWE. Historically in our nation, there was period in time where this would not have happened, followed by a long period of time where it became possible, but had not actually materialized. Now, we are in the time in which the possibility has become a reality.

Why does this matter?

It matters because even though it is hard for some to fathom, the fact is that there are many people who feel as though it is impossible to attain certain goals because of the color of their skin. This is why we must acknowledge the color of ours in this instance. It is important for people of all races, but particularly people of color, and especially the youth, to see that it is entirely possible to achieve your dreams and aspirations regardless of your race. We are a shining example who want to be a source of motivation for others to believe in themselves and do the same.

Excellence is not the same as supremacy. #BlackExcellence is not meant to be divisive. For even if you do not fall into the specific category, you can still take enjoyment in our pride, because in the biggest picture, in a society that often focuses on the negative aspects of race relations, what has transpired with the 5 of us speaks positively to the progress we've made as a nation.
Link to the tweet: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spefsu
I get why Big E pointed it out and Kofi does talk sense, but reading the replies to Big E's "tweet" is just cringworthy. Like most things on the internet, it's just turned into a war, and because of the subject matter, it's a race war via Twitter.

I've seen a lot of replies from black users that would probably be deemed as being racist. For example, a few are calling Smackdown a "mayo parade" because all the champions are white. However, when a white user says something negative about Big E's "tweet" or any of the champions he has in the picture, they are being labeled as being a racist or a white supremacist by black users.

One white guy simply said he would rather see Brian Kendrick as Cruiserweight Champion and he got torn apart via Twitter by angry black users.

But that's about less than half the amount of the replies. The majority are just well wishers and people who declare their dislike for Roman Reigns.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #562
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That's because only white people can be racist. It is impossible for black people to be racist because they do not hold positions of power.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #563
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
I get why Big E pointed it out and Kofi does talk sense, but reading the replies to Big E's "tweet" is just cringworthy. Like most things on the internet, it's just turned into a war, and because of the subject matter, it's a race war via Twitter.

I've seen a lot of replies from black users that would probably be deemed as being racist. For example, a few are calling Smackdown a "mayo parade" because all the champions are white. However, when a white user says something negative about Big E's "tweet" or any of the champions he has in the picture, they are being labeled as being a racist or a white supremacist by black users.

One white guy simply said he would rather see Brian Kendrick as Cruiserweight Champion and he got torn apart via Twitter by angry black users.

But that's about less than half the amount of the replies. The majority are just well wishers and people who declare their dislike for Roman Reigns.
Aaaaaaaaaand this is why I'm not on Twitter.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #564
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ditto.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #565
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
lol what?

This shit is everywhere these days. It's unavoidable.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #566
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lol racism.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #567
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Originally Posted by PWI
We've gotten a few emails asking about this. 205 Live is being overseen by Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn directly, not Triple H. McMahon has been extremely hands on with the Cruiserweights in getting them to execute his vision. What we have seen the last three weeks is very much a Vince McMahon product, as opposed to WWE NXT, which Triple H has the last word on

Well I am ready to label this one a failure just based on that.
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #568
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's newest signee and future mega star, Bouncy Ladder:

Quote:
Zack Ryder's MRI report ended up being bad news as it revealed he's in need of surgery and is currently in Birmingham, AL, today for a knee operation.

Ryder was injured on Tuesday night in Washington, DC, while participating in a battle royal that he ended up winning ...

Mojo Rawley first came out to celebrate the win, but saw Ryder and could see he was hurt. Ryder had to be helped backstage, which was edited off the show because it was a rare taped episode of SmackDown. He was on crutches later that night.

There is no word yet on the nature of his surgery, as minor surgery could have a relatively quick turnaround, but major surgery would likely keep him out for six to eight months.
Quote:
On Thursday, Brock Lesnar was officially fined $250,000 and suspended for one year by the Nevada Athletic Commission for his two positive tests for hydroxy-clomiphene around the time of July's UFC 200.

The term of the suspension will date back to July 9, the date of the second positive test and his UFC 200 fight with Mark Hunt. Lesnar won the fight via decision, but the results of the fight has been overturned and changed to a no contest.

The $250,000 fine represented 10 percent of Lesnar's $2.5 million purse which is actually a low amount given the guidelines for much higher fines of fighters failing drug tests in the past.

Lesnar tested positive in tests given on June 28 and July 9, but the result of the June 28 test didn't come back until after UFC 200. In subsequent interviews, Hunt has been furious that the fight was allowed to go on.

The suspension would be recognized by athletic commissions throughout North America, meaning there would be states that still license pro wrestlers where Lesnar would not be allowed to appear until July. Although, with his limited schedule, it is unlikely to affect his WWE status.
Quote:
WWE will soon be crowning the promotion's first ever United Kingdom Champion.

It was announced at a press conference in London today that WWE would be holding a two-day tournament that will air live on the Network to determine the first UK Champion. The tournament will feature 16 wrestlers and will be held at the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool, England on January 14th and 15th.

Triple H made the announcement at the press conference and was joined by Michael Cole, William Regal, and Finn Balor. It was also revealed that former ROH star and behind-the-scenes talent Nigel McGuinness would be joining WWE to call the action alongside Cole and Regal.
Some more details and video of the press conference: http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/ww...january-226546

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Plans for the UK championship after the tournament:

"We’re seeing what this will become. It’s not a science yet. The hope is it becomes its own weekly show, based out of the U.K., with U.K. talent. Those talents will still be able to perform within the [independent companies] RevPros, ICWs and Progress’s. As those talents are working [in the U.K.] and moving up [in the industry], we’re helping RevPro, ICW and Progress to grow and help cultivate their talent pool as well. Before it was a pipedream that you’d make it beyond the U.K. or the indie scene to the WWE. Now there’s a clear path to do it."
Part of an interview Triple H had with Newsday about the new UK plans. http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-ww...d-trump-532455

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/15 episode of Total Divas on E! garnered 556,000 viewers. That was down from last week's 563,000 viewers, the third drop in as many weeks.
Already well on pace to topple last season as the lowest ever in Total Divas history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Dwayne Johnson's Rock the Troops special on 12/13 on Spike brought in 516,000 viewers. A replay last night on BET saw the special bring in an additional 237,000 viewers.

Last night's WWE Tribute to the Troops special on the USA Network garnered 1,383,000 viewers.
Tribute to the Troops this year broke the record for least watched prime time wrestling show in USA Network history. In terms of comparisons, last year's Tribute show had around 500k more viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jerry Brisco is the special guest this week on Sean Waltman's X-Pac 1,2,360, offering insight into Brock Lesnar's WWE signing, Hulk Hogan's first reaction to Kevin Nash and more. Plus, the Hall of Famer gets emotional when discussing his son's in-ring career.

Here are the highlights from Jerry's interview:

Jerry says he didn't mind the "stooge" label, but someone else did: Pat Patterson hated hearing that word. He hated it. I used to rib Pat all the time. I said, Pat you and I worked for twenty years in our careers trying to have a reputation as good workers. Now forever in the history of wrestling we'll go down as two stooges. He'd say, don't say that! I said, man you're labeled now. You're a stooge.

Jerry confirms folklore that Vince McMahon brought Gorilla Monsoon to protect him on Black Saturday: That is true. That's exactly what happened. Gorilla made the trip down there and stood backstage, made sure the boss was OK. And he was OK...It wasn't just the WWF guys that respected Gorilla. He was respected throughout the industry as a standup guy and as a tough guy.

Jerry reveals WrestleMania I almost ended much differently: We were ready to attack WrestleMania I with [Dick] Murdoch and [Adrian] Adonis for the title and get the titles. That's when Jack [Brisco] said, I've had enough. I'm forty years old and I'm finished. And he quit. He was one of those guys that when he walked away, he walked away. He never came back ...

Jerry speaks candidly about son Wes Brisco's in-ring career: So Wes is working hard and he's trying to make it, and he's struggling like everybody else. It breaks my heart sometimes to see him, and I try to talk him out of doing what he's doing. I had a really long talk with Arn Anderson. I've got to give Arn some props on this. I was telling Arn Wes' struggles and I told Arn that I want him to quit. Arn said, what did he tell you? He told me doesn't want to. Arn said, what would you do? You know, he threw it right back at me. I'd do the same thing. He said, well there's your answer. Go for it.
Quote:
Following the dismissal of Tom Casiello, the position of Managing Lead Writer had been eliminated. The lead writer on Raw is Ed Koskey, on Smackdown Ryan Ward is the lead writer. Brian James (the Road Dogg) works with him and is being groomed for a bigger role since he’s close with Triple H. Koskey & Ward report to Triple H, who reports to Vince McMahon. Dave Kapoor, a former head writer (who was once Ranjin Singh as a TV character) is currently an assignment editor for both brands, deciding which writer or writers works on which promos or segments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS Sports
On the current WWE locker room, he said:

I remember walking into our locker room [as a rookie] and there's a few guys I can't even name, but you had a crew of guys that were very intimidating and commanded respect. You could also go to them and get advice, and you would get that advice. Nowadays, a lot of the younger guys, I find myself -- and I see other guys that have been around -- having to go to them with suggestions on how to make their 'product' better. Whether it's selling or facial expressions or just slowing down a little bit. But no, they're not coming to us. And I remember just years ago, you were always seeking out that advice. It's almost like some of these guys that have been in the indies 15 years think they know everything. That's probably the only negative difference that sticks out to me.

On possible feud with AJ Styles, he added:

He's at the top of my list, as far as guys that I look forward to working with that I haven't worked with before. Most definitely, 100 percent guaranteed, me and him would kill it every night. He's one of those guys that can do anything. I have certain things that I'm good at, too, and I feel like the mixture of both of our talents would really give the people something that they would never forget.
From a recent interview Randy Orton had with CBS Sports. http://www.cbssports.com/general/new...e-locker-room/

Quote:
On the Hotel Room Scene:

When I’m in the hotel room and I see Lana, it’s a “Pulp Fiction” moment. It’s John Travolta walking up to his boss’s door trying to talk himself out of it the entire time. For me, in this scenario, I was presented with a challenge that I had never seen before because for that time period, they didn’t want me to be Enzo. Enzo would have walked into the hotel room and started making Certified G jokes; with that being said, I had the mindset to go in there and just murder this right now, and be hilarious, and everyone is going to pop for it. I had an arsenal of material ready; but when I got there in the situation; the situation is that you deserve every beatdown that you receive. You walk into a hotel room with someone’s wife while she was naked. You said that you were going to stuff her turkey. I don’t remember exactly what I said, but of course he’s going to kick me in the “you know what,” so the next time I’m on television, we had to dial it back when I was put into that situation, so to garner those people’s sympathy, I started playing the shy..I don’t want to be here, and the second I walked into the situation I knew it wasn’t the right one, and I made a bad decision, and I wanted to get out of there. It wasn’t because I was scared of Rusev, it was because I didn’t want to do something with another man’s wife, and so, Enzo is a good guy at the end of the day. That was the role I was asked to play.
Part of a recent episode of the Sam Roberts podcast show with Enzo as the guest.

Quote:
ITV is trying to get its guys signed since WWE is coming after their guy. They are looking at U.K. exclusive deals, at least as it pertains to television. Their idea, and this isn’t greenlit nor is the show officially picked up, but a working idea, is to tape again in mid-February and film 13 episodes in a short period of time, like TNA does, maybe 13 days or they’re even taping two episodes per day and getting it done in a week
Quote:
The situation with Sexy Star and the Lucha Underground promotion has gotten interesting because they are back to backing Dorian Roldan, with the idea that people who leave AAA may not be used, which would also effect Fenix and Jack Evans. Everyone is waiting for the decision, but there is an issue as well with Sexy Star as she wants to box and they are claiming that based on her contract that they feel she needs their approval.

Since Fenix’s new name, Rey Fenix, was also trademarked by AAA even though it was the name he started using after leaving the promotion, he’s changed his name again to Fenix El Rey. If he stays with Lucha Underground, he can still be Fenix there
Quote:
TNA has told Sony Six that they will do the contracted tour of India this summer. Sony Six has been loyal to them even though they violated the contract by not doing a tour in 2016 when they didn’t have money. Right now they are on a tight budget, but at least everyone as best we can tell is getting paid on time
Quote:
Finn Balor said that he’s targeting a return for WrestleMania after his shoulder surgery. He said he might be ready a few weeks before that. When asked about the Rumble, he said it’s not impossible, but certainly didn’t seem like he expected that to be the case
Quote:
WWE has announced it is looking to raise $175 million in debt financing and may add another $26.26 million to that figure in 90 days, working through JP Morgan Chase Bank. It’s basically selling bonds, similar to what UFC did in originally working off debt, and even more so, WME IMG did this year to raise money for its purchase of UFC. The $175 million to $201.26 million they are attempting to raise would be paid back in 2023. Interest rates are negotiable but WWE would pay interest payments to the bond holders every six months until that time. However, what was different is that the WWE said that there are conditions where the equity the bond holders have could be converted into stock. That was something of a red flag to the stock market, because that happens, it would increase the number of shares out in the company, and would dilute the value of the existing shares, which would worry the existing shareholders.
Quote:
Yet another name being hired for a coaching position at the Performance Center is Johnny Saint (John Miller, 75), who was one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all-time. Saint was the master of the old European style and has committed to being in Orlando for the next six months.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • WWE announced they recently signed former ROH champion Nigel McGuinness to become a new commentator for the company.
  • Michael Elgin recently revealed on Twitter he has left ROH although will still appear for the company for joint NJPW-ROH events. https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/s...35626730909696
  • Neville revealed during today's WWE UK press conference he is currently dealing with an ankle injury as the reason for his lack of tv time recently.
  • According to the Observer, NJPW is currently considering the idea of hosting the first 2 days of G1 Climax 2017 in the US. Long Beach, California is currently rumored to be the possible location.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #569
Cool King
King K Cool

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Plans for the UK championship after the tournament:

"We’re seeing what this will become. It’s not a science yet. The hope is it becomes its own weekly show, based out of the U.K., with U.K. talent. Those talents will still be able to perform within the [independent companies] RevPros, ICWs and Progress’s. As those talents are working [in the U.K.] and moving up [in the industry], we’re helping RevPro, ICW and Progress to grow and help cultivate their talent pool as well. Before it was a pipedream that you’d make it beyond the U.K. or the indie scene to the WWE. Now there’s a clear path to do it."
So RevPro, ICW and Progress are basically just developmental territories for the WWE in the UK now.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #570
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's warning about Renee's dancing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Mick Foley is taking the rest of the month off from appearing on WWE programming … but the company insists he hasn’t been suspended or released.

A rep for WWE tells us, “Mick is taking time off to spend the holidays with his family and do his volunteer work as Santa. He has not been released or fired.”

The move is slightly odd, considering he’s in the middle of a storyline involving Sami Zayn. Plus, he’s the main authority figure on Raw and no mention was made of this on the show this week.

WWE officials add, “He will return to Raw on Monday, January 2.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/15 Total Nonstop Deletion edition of Impact did 329,000 viewers, up from last week's 303,000 viewers.
Quote:
It was announced on Wrestling Observer Live that wXw is the latest promotion to sign with FloSports. The sides inked a two-year deal which will start on 12/21 with the airing of this past weekend's anniversary show from Oberhausen, Germany that featured Jurn Simmons defending the title against both Marty Scurll and Adam Cole.
Quote:
A very interesting article noting Shane McMahon no longer has any WWE stock.
Had around 2% a few years ago and sold the majority of it prior to his return to the WWE. Link to the article with more details about Shane and Vince in terms of ownership power: http://www.fightful.com/breakdown-cu...ahon-still-own

Quote:
There will be more material taped from Cameron, NC on the next two week's of Impact, which will be mostly year-in-review shows.
Quote:
After a generation, Hiroshi Tanahashi will be retiring his entrance music tonight at Korakuen Hall. He will debut a new song at the Tokyo Dome.
Quote:
Ryan Phillipe will be on Smackdown this Tuesday to promote the show "Shooter" which airs after Smackdown.
Best chance for Swagger to make an appearance considering the actor plays a character also named Swagger.

Quote:
Trump has claimed that McMahon helped grow WWE from a “modest 13-person operation to a publicly traded global enterprise with more than 800 employees in offices worldwide” ― a statement that appears word-for-word on McMahon’s personal website.

But the real story is more complicated — and controversial.

The World Wrestling Federation, which later became WWE, and that McMahon had a hand in running for nearly three decades, was not exactly a small business when she and her husband, Vince, took it over from Vince’s father in 1982, said Dr. Scott Beekman, a historian at the University of Rio Grande and the author of Ringside: A History of Professional Wrestling in America.

“They might have had 13 employees when they took over, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t running monthly shows at the premier palace in the nation,” Beekman said, referring to Madison Square Garden, where Vince McMahon’s father had begun staging wrestling matches even before the couple assumed control of the business. The company already controlled wrestling across the mid-Atlantic and Northeast region. “It was a far larger operation” than the term small business would suggest, Beekman said.
Link to the article that goes into more details debunking the "small business" origins of the WWE in regards to the Vince and Linda era of control. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b012849c0609ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
After originally not planning to air TNA's Total Nonstop Deletion episode, ChallengeTV in the UK announced that they will indeed be airing the madcap episode on Sunday 12/18 at 9 PM Locally.
Quote:
After being out with a serious concussion, Timothy Thatcher is no longer sowing any concussion symptoms and has been cleared to start training. He will return with matches on 1/27 and 1/28 in San Antonio, and there is a tease he'll defend the Evolve title against Jeff Cobb on one of those shows.

Evolve announced that Chris Dickinson, Jaka and Jason Kincaid have all signed deals with the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced that both shows for the WWE UK Championship Tournament has sold out.

Thank you WWE Universe. We've SOLD OUT both nights of the @WWEUKCT in Blackpool! Watch all the action this January on @WWENetwork! pic.twitter.com/tBxyln3X7J
— WWE UK Championship (@WWEUKCT) December 16, 2016
Quote:
As noted, WWE Superstar Randy Orton was a guest on Tom Clark's Main Event podcast. During the show, Orton talked a bit about his future career plans.

According to Orton, he would like to continue to wrestle for 10 more years.

"For the immediate future and, s--t, for 10 more years, I would love to, if I'm able to, wrestle. This is what I enjoy doing." Orton continued, "the day of a pay-per-view when you're thinking of what you can do and then you get the payoff, the reward, that night. It's a different animal. That live audience is a different animal. You grow as a WWE Superstar and really appreciate the reactions we pull out of these fans."

When asked whether he would join in the chase to beat Ric Flair's record world championship reigns, the 12-time world champion said he definitely has a few more title runs left in him. Orton went on to say that titles are merely "icing on the cake" at this point in his decorated professional wrestling career.

"I've definitely got a few more [world title reigns] left in me. I'd say maybe even a handful. It [has] been two-and-a-half, three years since I had the big title around my waist, but being tag champs now, the last time I was tag champs and the only time before was in 2007, so going on 10 years later I get my second run as tag champ and that's cool. Do you know what I mean? s--t, I'd go fight for the I.C. title or whatever title they put in front of me, it's an honor to hold that title."

Orton added, "if I never won it again, that would be okay with me. I'm a 12-time world champion. I've accomplished so much in the WWE. I just go out there and continue to entertain people and get my kids excited because they get to watch daddy on TV, those kinds of rewards, that's what I'm doing it for now. Any gold around my waist, that's just icing on the cake."
Quote:
I received so many letters, emails, and well-wishes from people everywhere telling me that I was in their prayers after I announced my battle with prostate cancer. I believe there is a lot of power in prayer, and I believe a lot of those prayers worked. I appreciate and remember everything that my fans have done for me.

People prayed for me in my battle and I can say with great pride and gratitude that I successfully beat prostate cancer. I’m looking forward to a beautiful Christmas this year in Canada, and I will always be grateful for all the fans that supported me.

My health is really good now. On my last visit with my doctor, he told me my PSA level was zero and I’d had a one-in-ten recovery. He said I was a miracle. One of the difficult aspects of my fight with prostate cancer was the decision to go public. Prostate cancer has killed a lot of people and I like to think my coming out and talking about it would encourage other men to get checked. It’s my understanding that one out of every seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer. The key to beating this disease is early detection with regular PSA-level testing. All men over the age of 40 should get their PSA levels checked. All that entails is a simple blood test.
From a recent interview Bret Hart had with Sports Illustrated revealing he's now cancer free.

1. A recent article by website Fightful states 2017 could end up being a huge year for wrestling in terms of streaming services bringing major changes to the industry itself. http://www.fightful.com/turbulent-ye...nd-powerbombtv
  2. WWE recently released a new album on iTunes called "WWE: Uncaged" which is a set of previously unreleased entrance themes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ww...d/id1185077337
  3. NJPW's owner recently teased they will be making a big announcement in the near future and its related to WWE's current quest to take over more wrestling markets. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...will_announce/
Old 12-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #571
Cool King
King K Cool

Quote:
WWE recently released a new album on iTunes called "WWE: Uncaged" which is a set of previously unreleased entrance themes.
Wow, I've been wanting the WWE to do this for years but I never thought they would ever do it. It was actually as recently as Tuesday that I was thinking about the idea, as I had Eddie Guerrero's final theme stuck in my head and I've been wanting to hear the full length version of it for years now.

Looking at the track listing and it sucks that they haven't added it (unless its actual name is "Viva La Raza" and not "Gangster Lean/Lane" as everyone thought it was) but I'm pretty happy they've added (what I assume is) Jericho's debut theme and The Mean Street Posse's theme.

There's a few others I'm happy to see too. Hopefully, this becomes a regular thing and we get "Vol. 2", "Vol. 3", "Vol. 4" and so on.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:38 AM   #572
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
....but I'm pretty happy they've added (what I assume is) Jericho's debut theme....
There's a few others I'm happy to see too. Hopefully, this becomes a regular thing and we get "Vol. 2", "Vol. 3", "Vol. 4" and so on.
FUCK YES IT IS!! THE REAL DAMN THING!!

SPOILER: show
Volare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:42 PM   #573
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by the Reincarnation of Xanta Claus:

Quote:
Getting a post-PPV bump, Raw did 2.95 million viewers last night, a solid seven percent increase from last week.

While the show started higher, with 3.06 million in hour one as compared to 2.93 million last week, the key was retaining the viewers through the three hours.

What was notable about last night's show was the different way fans viewed it. Male fans grew, particularly those between the ages of 12 to 34, where there was an amazing 19 percent growth from hour one to three. However, this growth was reversed among women, who tuned out, losing 19 percent of the viewers between the first and third hour between those same ages ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.06 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.97 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.83 million viewers
Quote:
Though they appeared to reveal the full Wrestle Kingdom 11 card last week, New Japan Pro Wrestling announced a change in two of the show's title matches on Monday morning.

Tomohiro Ishii will now team with Toru Yano to make the IWGP Tag Team Championship match at the Tokyo Dome on January 4th a three-way bout with champions Guerrillas of Destiny defending against Ishii & Yano in addition to World Tag League winners Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma.

Yano had announced his intent to challenge for the titles at NJPW's first Road to the Tokyo Dome show last week before teaming with Ishii the next night.

With Ishii previously being scheduled to compete in the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship gauntlet at the Dome, Jado will now take his place as he joins the CHAOS team of Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI. That match will also include champions Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay, a Los Ingobernables de Japon team of SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI, and a Bullet Club team of Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page.
Quote:
WWE debuts a new Table for 3 on Wednesday night with Jim Duggan, Sgt Slaughter and Nikolai Volkoff
Quote:
Finn Balor made an appearance for OTT Wrestling in his home country of Ireland today. The show was headlined by Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay ...

People on Twitter yesterday were raving about the Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay match in Dublin. It's not available for viewing until 12/28, but there were people live who I know and who I trust who were talking about it as if it was something special.
Quote:
WWE’s YouTube channel looked at five potential Undertaker matches that they’re dying to see.
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9dVuHyA3cg

Quote:
Chris Hero also addressed his situation with WWE at PWG last night by saying that he really doesn’t know what’s going to happen and it may or may not have been his last time wrestling in PWG.
Quote:
Pop TV posted the full Total Nonstop Deletion episode of TNA Impact.
Link to the episode: http://poptv.com/post/154555002543/i...-deletion-full

Quote:
Finn Balor reflected on his injury and said that the target is still to be back in time for WrestleMania in an interview with ESPN.
Quote:
Zack Ryder tweeted that he may be out anywhere from 4-9 months after undergoing knee surgery.
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/810715296566824960

Quote:
WWE PPVs are definitely declining in public interest. The TLC show two weeks ago was the first time I can recall a WWE show not cracking the top 20 in searches for the day. The Smackdown shows have done far worse from the start than the Raw shows. Last night's show was No. 16, with 100,000 searches, but it used to be 200,000 minimum for most shows. PPVs always have more searches than TV shows, but UFC on Saturday for a TV show had three in the top 20, with Paige VanZant (No. 5), Urijah Faber (No. 12) and Sage Northcutt (No. 18). Bernard Hopkins was No. 12. That correlated with what will likely be the best December UFC ratings in several years.
Some perspective on all the social media blabbering about how popular they are that the WWE likes to do a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As of this Wednesday 12/21, E! will be moving WWE reality series Total Divas back one hour to 9 PM Eastern. The series is the midst of its sixth season and had been going head to head with WWE NXT on the WWE Network as well as Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.
Likely also a last chance attempt by E! to try to prevent another record breaking lowest season occurring in a row for show history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
I'm not sure what will come of this, if anything, but Billy Corgan and Dave Lagana were in Baltimore a few weeks ago meeting with ROH management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WHAT TO EXPECT THE NEXT TWO WEEKS ON IMPACT WRESTLING

This Thursday on Impact Wrestling will see the promotion's "Greatest Hits of 2016" including Kurt Angle's TNA farewell, Gail Kim being inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame and more.

The 12/29 episode will be a Hardys-centric episode featuring highlights of all of the Broken Matt Hardy storylines and moments.

TNA had Jeremy Borash at the Hardy compound last week filming new material for these episodes.

TNA will film new material the first week of January 2017 at Universal Studios to carry the company over through March 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Matt Hardy announced via Twitter that "Total Nonstop Deletion" will be released to the home video market via DVD:

A Digital Video Disc of my #BROKENBrilliance has been ordered by the #7Deities.

These ILLUSTRIOUS events must be documented for POSTERITY.
— #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) December 20, 2016

We are told that you can expect some deleted scenes and the line to be included in the release next year.
Quote:
"Vince McMahon had this really "exciting" thing. Sasha was about to win and retain the championship. (...) Vince thought the whole building would go crazy during the countdown and then she would tap at 2 to deflate the entire crowd. Everybody else disagreed."
From a recent Observer Radio show about the ending plans for Sasha-Charlotte and Vince only caring about Charlotte. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...vince_mcmahon/

Quote:
Losing his passion for the business:
"I've had a lifelong passion, and really obsession, with professional wrestling since I was a very small kid. That passion never left me. I was always inspired to be involved and be part of good TV and do projects that would inspire me professionally. Unfortunately, in 2015 and again in 2016, I was asked to play a character and perform storylines that I found thoroughly uninspiring. After making repeated attempts to change my career trajectory and having those efforts turned down, my passion for playing the role of a WWE Superstar went away."

His Bad News Barrett gimmick:
"'Bad News' Barrett was a really fun time. The reactions from the crowd I was getting were really about my speaking and my portrayal of a character rather than my in-ring work. You can even go back to the Nexus era, when I was cutting promos every single night. People were really hanging on my every word, and I was really dictating a lot of the shows that we were doing. I've always had that confidence in my performance ability and my ability to speak in character. One of the most exciting parts of the Nexus and 'Bad News' Barrett eras were I had a lot of influence in the character and I had a lot of influence in how I was going to portray myself. When I became King Barrett, the influence I had in the character was taken away. I was told, 'This is your outfit, and here is your promo that you have to say word-for-word.' Any time I tried to tweak the storyline because I thought it wasn't working, or because it wasn't me, I was denied. The lack of control over my career reduced my passion more than anything.

"For the first time in my life, I was questioning why I was even getting out of bed and going to work. I wasn't enjoying it and it wasn't motivating me at all. For that reason, I made the decision that I couldn't re-sign a contract and continue for three more years when I knew nothing was going to change. My choice was: to take the paycheck and accept that I was probably going to get the same kind of creative that I'd had for the last couple of years, or alternatively to walk away and look for something else. So I decided to do the latter. I've always been smart with my money, and I saved a lot during my time with WWE. I'm not in a position where I'm living paycheck-to-paycheck, and I can afford to explore other avenues."
From a recent interview Wade Barrett had with Sports Illustrated: http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...nett-interview

• According to the Observer, ticket sales going into Roadblock: End of the Line ppv were really bad and expected to be the worst selling ppv since the new brand split era started.
  • ESPN had a recent interview with Triple H regarding WWE's plans for the UK market in the near future. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...th-wwe-clearer
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, if Ric Flair followed the same pattern Charlotte is doing for title reigns, he would have had 209 recognized World title reigns for his career. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ps_throughout/
Old 12-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #574
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I really think that the WWE would be in better shape if they dropped an hour from RAW, ended the brand split, focused their championships and only had 12 PPVs a year. The "they get paid for that third hour" is all well and good as an argument, but at some point you have to consider that they are driving away enough people that aren't going to be feeding them in other ways due to fatigue. The same with the content issue on the Network. Yes, it is good to have something happening on there, but if people can't keep up then they are going to feel disconnected and lose interest altogether.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #575
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I really think that the WWE would be in better shape if they dropped an hour from RAW, ended the brand split, focused their championships and only had 12 PPVs a year. The "they get paid for that third hour" is all well and good as an argument, but at some point you have to consider that they are driving away enough people that aren't going to be feeding them in other ways due to fatigue. The same with the content issue on the Network. Yes, it is good to have something happening on there, but if people can't keep up then they are going to feel disconnected and lose interest altogether.
This is what bothers me about people like you.

You may not like it, but the numbers say you're wrong. Revenues keep going up. Yes it is possible that the next rights fees deal nets WWE less money, but then you see that USA recently put out a press release talking up WWEs impact on their success this year. When you have ratings declining across the board, even the NFL has seen major dips this year, and you're doing better numbers than almost everything else on cable on your night, your rights fees will likely go up. As a publicly traded company, if it ever came out that WWE turned down a bucket of money from USA to add an hour of programming with no evidence of it harming the business, the stock would plummet.

I can't imagine why anyone would complain about more content on The Network. If I'm paying my $10 a month, and the content provider says here's a bunch of extra stuff for no additional cost, why would I complain about that? I don't watch 205 Live for a variety of reasons, but it's great that is there for the people who like cruisers, and I could binge watch if I got some additional free time. It's like joining a wine club and being upset that the winery started sending you four bottles a month instead of two. If you can't drink all four bottles, just leave some in the wine cellar for your next fundraiser. Or give them as gifts to your gardener, mailman, pool guy, maid staff, valet, shoe shiner, etc.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:31 PM   #576
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Expenses are also up. Fewer people are watching. Eventually there will be fewer people following the product and that means a smaller pool to convert into Network subscribers. Your wine analogy is not accurate. You can bombard people with an overwhelming amount of content and it can damage your consumption habits. Look at the just reported decrease in Network special interest -- and hence the rumors of your beloved Vince McMahon considering dropping the number of PPVs next year. If too much wasn't a problem, why would he even consider it?
Old 12-21-2016, 05:17 PM   #577
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Is there any number to reference to confirm WWE is actually profiting? Profit and revenue are different right?
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #578
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Think the last fiscal report had the overall revenues up but profits down or almost no net gain because of the expenses. Also think they took a big hit on their cash reserves as a result.

PWTorch had an article about the first half of the year which showed they barely made a net profit for the period compared to last year because of the same reasons.

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/07/...estic-vs-intl/
Old 12-21-2016, 06:45 PM   #579
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Is there any number to reference to confirm WWE is actually profiting? Profit and revenue are different right?
Yeah, revenue is the gross amount of money you take in, whereas profit is your net after you pay off expenses. For example, if I were a film producer, I could make $50,000,000 on a movie, which might be my most successful film to date, but if it cost $52,000,000 to make?

Growing a business does occasionally mean you need to go into the red or increase expenses to temporarily shrink your profit margin, but the idea behind that is that these expenses will eventually go down, or the revenue coming in will increase to a rate that allows the profit margins to be wider so you can pay better dividends to your shareholders and have the appearance of prosperity.

This is why things like the WWE Network not growing as much as hoped and television ratings being down are actually important things. What CyNick says about ratings generally being down isn't technically false -- television is changing -- but that doesn't give the WWE an assured future on cable television. Last time they expected far higher rights fees than they got offered. As the USA Network shrinks, it is true to suppose that it might become more dependent on the WWE product, but it could also be logically deduced that they might have less money to spend on live content. CyNick's stance seems to be that it would be stupid for the USA Network to cut a show that is watched fourth most on cable or whatever, but what he overlooks is that it is sliding progressively down in relation to other forms of programming. That is why the demographic share is so low these days.

All it would take is a shake-up at NBC Universal and a few suits to say "we're going to try and make USA a platform for more original content" (like Mr. Robot), or for a few suits to cotton on that the WWE's influence on their network is shrinking and they could realistically make a low-ball offer. WCW was doing better than RAW is in its dying days, and the company still had worth, but because it was trending downwards it was easy for executives to say "We don't want wrestling." USA will obviously want to keep Vince on board, but what the WWE is counting on is that NBC Universal will spend more money on a product that is actually shrinking in terms of viewership just because their other programming isn't too crash hot. It's not the sure-fire plan that CyNick makes it out to be.

This is why international expansion is so important for the WWE right now. They need that Network in as many places as possible -- specifically Asian markets. This is why Shinsuke Nakamura has a place in the WWE that Kenta Kobashi never got. That's why the Bollywood Boyz and Jinder Mahal are in WWE. It's why the WWE is bringing out a UK Championship. They have given up on an aim for quality in a "if the product is hot, people will watch and spend money on us" sense, and have implemented a bulk shock-and-awe with sheer volume approach to try to get into as many homes for as cheap as possible in order to keep themselves afloat.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:03 PM   #580
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Observer had a pretty interesting article recently about WWE's situation with tv right now and how their strong push towards streaming services could end up with the same negative effects they are currently dealing with for the tv market.

WWE is making a huge bet streaming services will overtake traditional tv as the major market within the near future and their content will be seen as more valuable to those services than it was for tv. If both happens, they are in really good shape but if only one or neither happens, going to be a rough time for the company in the future.

They already struck out on thinking the ppv industry was dead when they pulled all their ppvs in favor of the Network but UFC in recent years proved that wasn't the case. Lost a ton of potential money that the Network hasn't been able to completely cover yet.

Quote:
There are issues that are the same with many sports, in the sense that the key profit driver is television and due to that, because their shows still are among the highest rated on cable, and they are producing too many hours. That is the history of television with anything popular and one of the reasons many things burn out on television.

But even with the lowest ratings in history and so-so arena business, the television revenue is fixed and continues to rise, and as long as it does, the company will remain healthy ...

It’s a weird situation because the wrestling audience is constantly changing. The current audience is more into wrestling and will spend more on it than any audience before, but it’s also smaller and has a mind of its own.

It’s harder to control, hence the multi-year failure of making Roman Reigns into the face of the company.

The problem is, that is the only audience left. If it didn’t require so much time to keep up with wrestling, would there be more of a casual audience? Who knows, but they aren’t cutting back on the hours of programming. Would there be more fans if they concentrated more on the old vision of good looking larger-than-life stars as opposed to guys who grew up as Bret Hart, Mick Foley and Shawn Michaels fans and whose goal is to put on great matches or get over taking big bumps? There isn’t a Dwayne Johnson or a Steve Austin, but John Cena is becoming a crossover star and Brock Lesnar comes across as a legitimate tough guy as much as any wrestler from any time period, and the company pushed the two as its biggest stars. These are the flaws that get talked about regularly.

And things do vary, which tells us that stuff matters. House shows have gone down with John Cena out of the mix. Ratings were at rock bottom and this fall season was looking to be a disaster from that standpoint in September, but once Bill Goldberg came back and other things fell into place, things did improve. But even if that hadn’t have happened, the way the business is structured, things are still healthy, and will remain healthy as long as they can continually increase television revenue.

If streaming services get aggressive in wanting to compete with television years from now, WWE has a large enough and loyal enough fan base that if there becomes competition for their rights that business will only boom. If that doesn’t happen, and television stations have less revenue, who knows how WWE will fit into the picture.

In the end, it is these outside market forces that will tell the future of the WWE business, not short-term creative, and not Vince McMahon. As people like to point out, the WWE brand that gets the most consistently positive reaction is NXT, which has the fewest viewers and draws the least. Smackdown is more widely praised as a television show than Raw, but Raw does more viewers and draws more fans on the road. In the end, it’s not the creative or the television show quality but the perception of what is important, which is why nobody can compete with WWE, even if they were on national television and put on a better product, because even so, the perception would be it’s not as important.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #581
Mr. Nerfect

That's pretty much correct.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #582
Mr. Nerfect

Still fucking baffles me that they stopped charging for PPVs. WrestleMania, Money in the Bank, SummerSlam and the Royal Rumble, at the very least, should have been content you had to pay extra for on the WWE Network. Prestige pricing is a thing. By slashing the cost of these shows to $9.99, you value the product at that much. I can understand them potentially giving away Night of Champions or whatever for a reduced price, but the idea that you can buy WrestleMania for $9.99 is still just baffling. The NXT Takeovers should come with a "set your price" feature too. You see musicians, comedians and other artists slyly doing this, and it works. Set a minimum of $5 for a Takeover, because it's a big show and you need to cover costs or whatever, but you can pay up to $50, depending on how you felt about the show. Let the fan vote with their money. If you really like Shinsuke Nakamura, support the shows he is on! If you really want the Women's Revolution to take over, then support it when they headline a Takeover. You can't charge $50 for these shows, but if you left the option there, you'd get some people who would take it upon themselves because of the freedom.

But it's arguably too hard to go backwards now. I think you could manage it by saying a "WWE PPVs will soon not be included in the basic Network scheme, but you still get original programming and the WWE's archived footage -- so join now to watch the next few months of WWE action without the price tag!", but that will likely come with some sort of drop in subscribers.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:13 PM   #583
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Face That Runs the Place:

Quote:
Last night's episode of SmackDown on the USA Network did 2,637,000 viewers, the second best number of the fall TV season. Since September 13th, the only rating to beat it was the 900th episode on November 15th, which featured appearances by The Undertaker and Edge.
Quote:
Michael Cole discussed Nigel McGuinness joining WWE, Corey Graves’ performance, and why he likes working in a three-man booth in an interview with ESPN.
Link to the interview: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...mmentary-teams

Quote:
ROH announced Jay Lethal vs. Bobby Fish vs. Dalton Castle and Cody Rhodes vs. Donovan Dijak for their February 3rd show in San Antonio, Texas. The Young Bucks will also defend their tag titles against The Briscoes in a two-out-of-three falls match in Dallas on February 4th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A Preview of #AHardyNewYear as we invite you all to join @MattHardyBrand and the entire Hardy Family on 12.29.16 at 8/7c for the holiday! pic.twitter.com/vD5kP4q1Lv
— TNA WRESTLING (@IMPACTWRESTLING) December 21, 2016
Link to the preview: https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...04328511598592

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Fite App, which you can download for free by clicking here is now carrying weekly TV episodes for Ring of Honor, Paragon Pro Wrestling, Insane Championship Wrestling Fight Club, Fully Loaded Wrestling, Future Stars of Wrestling, GXW, WXW Shotgun and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood for free in HD ...

The App also features PPV events, including ROH's PPVs, streaming live and on demand. Currently, the ROH Final Battle PPV and the TNA One Night Only: December are available via VOD. The Fite App will carry the January TNA One Night Only PPV and the February ROH 15th Anniversary PPV live as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA announced the following:

IMPACT WRESTLING RETURNS TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JANUARY 5-8 & 10-12 for LIVE TV and PAY-PER-VIEW EVENTS

Be part of the adrenaline-pumping action January 5-8 & 10-12 as the Stars and Knockouts of IMPACT WRESTLING return to Soundstage 20 on the backlot at Universal Studios, Florida for seven days of televised events, including the LIVE broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday, January 5, airing at 8/7c on Pop AND the LIVE broadcast of January One Night Only Pay-Per-View!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tickets for the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame will go on sale officially on 1/13/17. There will be an online pre-sale a few days before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The UK championship commentary team, according an interview with Michael Cole with ESPN, will be Cole, Nigel McGuinness, and William Regal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Q - I was wondering if you knew why that every time WWE bings back a big names star from the past )i.e. Goldberg, the Rock, Brock Lesnar, etc) they never are put in a program with "younger talent"and instead we get to see a rematch of Of something we saw 20 years ago (Goldberg vs.Lesnar), or something we've already seen a dozen times (Cena vs.Rock). Is it because Vince doesn't care about the younger talent and possibly seeing a potential dream match like Samoa Joe vs.Brock Lesnar or do you think Vince just wants a quick influx of money and books/rebooks the "sure thing" and gives us Cena vs. Rock in a once in a lifetime match for the 5th time.

A - I think it’s pretty clear that when Vince does that, he feels that the younger talent doesn’t have the same goodwill with the fans that the older talent has. I feel that if Vince and the creative team did a better job of establishing the younger talent in the eyes of the fans (and his own eyes) he wouldn’t constantly find himself in a position where he needs to go back to the past to create what he feels are interesting matchups.
Part of PWI's weekly Q&A articles involving why the WWE is very stubborn at using past stars to help give the rub to newer ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The New Day will be appearing on Friday's edition of "Let's Make A Deal", which airs on CBS affiliates. Check your local listings for when the episode will air locally.

• According to PWI, Jerry Lawler's current contract with the WWE expires at the end of January 2017.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Vince McMahon owns a 15 foot painting of himself riding a unicorn that he hangs in his living room. Was revealed during a recent Vince Russo podcast episode and confirmed by people who went to his house for Linda political fundraiser events.
  • According to the Observer, Charlotte vs Bayley is currently planned to occur at the Rumble instead of Mania and the WWE to go in a different direction for RAW's Women's title match at Mania. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/s...69248703500288
  • Ceasro recently teased on Twitter about wanting to change his entrance theme now that he is a tag team champion. https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/811575027594313728
  • Update to reports and rumors about Mick Foley taking the rest of December off as the WWE has delayed his break till some point next month. Reason for why he's getting time off is due to health issues regarding his hip and needing surgery.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:50 PM   #584
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
you see this? We call this a rag sheet, BROTHEER
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:53 PM   #585
Mr. Nerfect

I'd really like it if the UK commentary team was just Nigel McGuinness and someone else. I don't really care who the play-by-play guy is. I'm not a Michael Cole fan, but I guess he adds "cred" to the team. Just make it him and McGuinness.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:31 PM   #586
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by A Happy Becky Christmas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/22 Year In Review edition of Impact did 209,000 viewers, down from last week's 329,000 viewers.
Quote:
Though cameras were rolling when NXT made its way to Japan for the first time ever earlier this month, it wasn't entirely clear how much of the show would ever make it to TV.

But WWE announced on Friday that a two-hour version of the event from the Edion Arena in Osaka will be broadcast next week to close out the year of NXT TV. The show's main event previously aired two weeks ago as Shinsuke Nakamura regained the NXT Championship in his home country by defeating Samoa Joe.

In addition to Nakamura vs. Joe, the show also featured the return of Tajiri to WWE for the first time since the Cruiserweight Classic as he teamed with Akira Tozawa to challenge Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Tag Team Championship. The NXT Women's Championship was on the line as well as Asuka defended her title against Nia Jax.

Those three title matches, as well as Liv Morgan & Aliyah vs. Billie Kay & Peyton Royce and Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas, will air next week. The start of 2017 will also see another NXT house show broadcast on the WWE Network with NXT's December 8th event in Melbourne making its way to TV on January 4th. That show's Nakamura vs. Joe steel cage main event for the NXT title aired last week.
Quote:
Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corporation announced the launch of the TNA Impact Wrestling app for the U.K. and Ireland called Total Access TNA Wrestling. It will be available on-line and on mobile platforms for 4.99 pounds per month. It will air weekly episodes of Impact at the same time as they air in the U.S. and Canada. There will also be a lot of library footage.
Quote:
Mickie James was in Pittsburgh today doing her WWE physicals. She is scheduled to start on the Smackdown women's division if all goes right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Fite App ... is now carrying weekly TV episodes for Ring of Honor, Paragon Pro Wrestling, Insane Championship Wrestling Fight Club, Fully Loaded Wrestling, Future Stars of Wrestling, GXW, WXW Shotgun and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood for free in HD ...

The App also features PPV events, including ROH's PPVs, streaming live and on demand. Currently, the ROH Final Battle PPV and the TNA One Night Only: December are available via VOD. The Fite App will carry the January TNA One Night Only PPV and the February ROH 15th Anniversary PPV live as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE star Ryback was interviewed by former WWE Creative Team member Kevin Eck this week for Eck's website.

When asked about CM Punk's comments about him on the infamous Colt Cabana podcast, Ryback commented, "Recently, Colt Cabana and myself had a talk, and he was very apologetic, even though he never said anything. But it meant a lot to me because we always got along in the few encounters we had. I will never know why [Punk] chose to say the things he did, and it definitely didn't help my career at that point. All I know is he was very banged up and miserable during the periods we worked together. I think people have to look at it this way: How many other people are out there saying that about me? I was always respectful of him in his time there, and before our runs together, he was always good to me. Working in the WWE, though, has a way to bring out the worst in everybody. I have made jokes [about Punk] over the years via social media, as it is fun to get a reaction from his followers from time to time, but if I were to ever see him, I would tell him, "If I really did ever hurt you [in the ring], I truly am sorry, but I don't think it was the right thing to do to say the things you did." Life is too short to hold grudges, and I truly wish him the best in his life."
Link to the interview: https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/...ryback-part-ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Although it had been suspected in the cause of her death this past April, the official cause of death for former WWF Intercontinental champion Chyna was an accidental overdose on a cocktail of painkillers, a muscle relaxer, sleeping pills and alcohol, the Los Angeles Times reported yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/22 episode of Total Divas on E! jumped to 705,000 for the episode built around the Bellas taking an IQ test to find out who was the smarter of the pair. This jumped up from last week's 556,000 viewers. Obviously, the timeslot change to 9 PM helped the series.
Ended up being the second most viewers of the season.

Quote:
Ric Flair recently spoke with Pardon My Take on a number of wrestling and non-wrestling related topics. Here are some of the highlights:

The WWE locker room environment now:
"The guys pretty much stay to themselves, lot of video games and social media. The guys don't go out like we used to in our day. It's different times...Lot of the guys are too PC, they even travel by themselves, rather than four guys raisin' hell, driving down the road, it's different times for sure."

Wrestling regrets:
"I really can't say that I did [have regrets], the problem with being an athlete, the minute you start thinking about what you're doing, or what you're about to do, or the consequences, you shouldn't be doing it and I never lived life like that."

Most painful injury:
"I can't really put anything up, I've been in an airplane crash and hit by lightning. I cracked a C5 in my neck in 1989 wrestling Dusty, but I didn't really feel the pain until the next day."

Getting struck by lightning:
"It actually hit my umbrella, but I still consider getting struck by it, it killed the guy behind me. It shot my umbrella about 30-40 feet in the air and I said 'What the hell did that?' I turned around and the lighting had gone from my umbrella and went right through his eye and killed him. Right there in the runway, I'm on a tarmac in Richmond, Virginia."
Quote:
Alberto el Patron, when in Mexico promoting Combate Americas, said that he expects he’ll be returning to AAA this year. The impression we have is that talks between Alberto and the company have already started, so his missing Heroes Inmortales in October is settled. Publicly, AAA had backed Alberto’s story and always wanted to work with him since he’s charming and he’s a big star and they need big stars.
Quote:
NJPW has done an interesting move to help create interest in New Japan World prior to the Tokyo Dome show. They have put up, for free, at least for the time being, every 1/4 Tokyo Dome show from 1992 to 2016, basically promoted as 25 years of free Tokyo Dome shows. There are a few exceptions as due to contractual issues, matches involving Brock Lesnar and Naoya Ogawa are not on the service. Some of the shows during the dark ages of Inoki killing the product before the recent resurgence weren’t good. But the 90s shows were huge sold out events with classic matches featuring top American stars along with Japanese legends, although not the depth of quality like the last four or five years where the shows were pretty much off the charts. There were also some incredibly horrible matches like when they were doing fake MMA tournaments and such, including the Sting vs. Tony Palmore bout
Quote:
There are understandably a lot of morale issues as talent has now been told that the fourth season of Lucha Underground won’t start taping until October 2017. Originally the indications were the season would start taping this past month, and then it was moved to the spring. The current season will go through May or so. Since they aren’t likely to air a new season after this until early 2018, that also extends the time of the seven season contracts that most of the wrestlers are on.
Quote:
Drew Galloway’s TNA contract expires in mid-February. He got a pretty strong offer to stay several months back ($200,000 per year) which he turned down because it was the exclusivity deal where they would be in charge of his outside bookings, and he’s all over the indies in the U.K. in particular and the U.K. scene is pretty interesting. But he’d be available at that time for companies like WWE or New Japan, where the TNA contract obviously was a tough one since New Japan doesn’t use any of the TNA guys. Plus one would think he’d be tailor-made to be a top guy with the ITV group, but there’s no guarantee that one gets off the ground. It is interesting because theoretically he’s a guy people should want, and he’s got the size, the look, the ability, and the talking ability to be a top guy
Quote:
Zack Ryder underwent reconstructive knee surgery for what ended up diagnosed as a ruptured patella tendon that he suffered in winning the tag team Battle Royal on 12/13 in Washington, DC. The surgery was on 12/15 in Birmingham. He was told by one doctor he’d be out four to six months, but another said six to nine months. Either way, he’s missing WrestleMania and a return would be April at the earliest but WWE isn’t going to rush him back so June is more likely if his recovery goes as well as hoped for, and it could take longer than that

• Recent episode of Talk Is Jericho podcast had both Sami Zayn and Seth Rollins as its guests. http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program...93&pid=1697399
  • According to the Observer, the original plan regarding the Foley-Zayn-Brrrrrrraaaauuuun storyline involved spreading the motivation talks, fake trade deal, and 10 minute match over several weeks instead of being crammed within a week. Foley was planned to be out mid-December till early January but WWE decided to push back Foley's break which was meant for hip surgury. Ended up speeding up the storyline and now are doing stuff meant for when Foley would have returned.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Roadblock: End of the Line ended up being the first WWE ppv to not get a match rated 4 stars by the Observer since TLC 2015 (December 2015).
  • According to the Observer, WWE is currently planning a heel turn for Sasha Banks after her feud with Nia Jax is over.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #587
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Great!!

Sasha/Bayley are gonna go back and forth now.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #588
Cool King
King K Cool

Quote:
[*]In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Vince McMahon owns a 15 foot painting of himself riding a unicorn that he hangs in his living room. Was revealed during a recent Vince Russo podcast episode and confirmed by people who went to his house for Linda political fundraiser events.
Now this I need to see.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #589
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Expenses are also up. Fewer people are watching. Eventually there will be fewer people following the product and that means a smaller pool to convert into Network subscribers. Your wine analogy is not accurate. You can bombard people with an overwhelming amount of content and it can damage your consumption habits. Look at the just reported decrease in Network special interest -- and hence the rumors of your beloved Vince McMahon considering dropping the number of PPVs next year. If too much wasn't a problem, why would he even consider it?
First, who reported this? Is it a credible source?

Second a good businessman will always make adjustments based on data received. It's not bad to change course if the data tells you that's the move.

Network subs have only gone up each quarter on a year over year basis. Until you start to see declines why should WWE consider making changes to the product? People like you have been complaining about creative since The Network launched and every quarter we see growth from the previous year. I don't doubt that there are people like you who also don't like the product (even though you spend precious time watching every week), but clearly the paying customer doesn't agree. As for TV ratings, numbers are down everywhere. Look at walking dead, down big time this year vs last. Just ask #1 fan about it. Despite declines you just had USA put out a while piece essentially giving WWE a public blowjob for their impact on their success. You think that's going to lead to WWE getting more or less money out of them next contract negotiation.

I know I come off as a jackass to some of you, and I get it, it's hard when someone who is better educated on a subject talks down to you. I'll give you this challenge over the holiday season. Take a look at cable ratings on a daily basis. Find out how many channels have 5 hours of programming on a weekly basis (not just 10-15 weeks of the year) that's draws in the total viewers and key demo numbers that WWE does for USA. That will tell you why WWE is somewhat bulletproof when it comes to this TV rights game. Now also go back to the late 90s and look at the numbers WWE used to draw. Then circle back on old financial statements. You'll notice WWE generates more money today on far less viewers. Why? Because advertisers actually are lined up to buy time on their programs. So yeah maybe the product doesn't have the same bite, but it's put WWE in a better position. You can't argue that point, it's just cold hard facts. But hard for guys like you to wrap your head around.

Enjoy the holiday season. Your pal The CyNick
Old 12-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #590
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

Quote:
Still fucking baffles me that they stopped charging for PPVs. WrestleMania, Money in the Bank, SummerSlam and the Royal Rumble, at the very least, should have been content you had to pay extra for on the WWE Network. Prestige pricing is a thing. By slashing the cost of these shows to $9.99, you value the product at that much. I can understand them potentially giving away Night of Champions or whatever for a reduced price, but the idea that you can buy WrestleMania for $9.99 is still just baffling. The NXT Takeovers should come with a "set your price" feature too. You see musicians, comedians and other artists slyly doing this, and it works. Set a minimum of $5 for a Takeover, because it's a big show and you need to cover costs or whatever, but you can pay up to $50, depending on how you felt about the show. Let the fan vote with their money. If you really like Shinsuke Nakamura, support the shows he is on! If you really want the Women's Revolution to take over, then support it when they headline a Takeover. You can't charge $50 for these shows, but if you left the option there, you'd get some people who would take it upon themselves because of the freedom.

But it's arguably too hard to go backwards now. I think you could manage it by saying a "WWE PPVs will soon not be included in the basic Network scheme, but you still get original programming and the WWE's archived footage -- so join now to watch the next few months of WWE action without the price tag!", but that will likely come with some sort of drop in subscribers.
They could always move to a tiered pricing structure.

I can only speak for myself. Without the big events, I wouldn't Subscribe.

PPV is a tough business. UFC was going down until they found Conor and Ronda. Ronda is a basket case and likely out soon. Conor likely has enough money that he's thinking about calling it quits soon. Dave will have a harder time trying to claim WWE missed out on PPV dollars when UFCs numbers are also tanking. For right now he enjoys writing his apples to oranges comparisons and his readers are too dumb to point it out.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:16 PM   #591
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Ryback always seems like a guy who has the best attitude/perspective
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #592
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
In this thread, too? Guys... Stop taking the bait. He's literally been peppering more over the top comments into posts to make it harder for people to not call him out on shit and keep the troll drug in his veins. Resisssssssst.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 05:33 PM   #593
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Big of Ryback to say that. Doubt we'd ever get a response from Punk, but I'd be curious to heaf it.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #594
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I hope Ryback goes to NJPW and makes a name for himself
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #595
Mr. Nerfect

I think Drew McIntyre will end up being signed by the WWE when his contract comes up. I'm fine with Strowman vs. Zayn taking place at WrestleMania.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #596
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
In this thread, too? Guys... Stop taking the bait. He's literally been peppering more over the top comments into posts to make it harder for people to not call him out on shit and keep the troll drug in his veins. Resisssssssst.
Why are you trying to control people and the way they think? That's worse that correcting minor facts. That's mind manipulation.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #597
Ruien
MVP Mark

Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lol
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:07 PM   #598
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And CyNick is making a compelling argument in his last few posts on this. Even he knows he comes off as a dick. He wears it with a badge of honor. So if you look past that shit in some cases he does make good points.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #599
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
Why are you trying to control people and the way they think? That's worse that correcting minor facts. That's mind manipulation.
Go to your thread and explain your corrections and I will explain my mind manipulation. Deal? No, you won't agree to that deal. Because you can't explain any of your needless corrections. You fucking cock sucker.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:55 PM   #600
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
And CyNick is making a compelling argument in his last few posts on this. Even he knows he comes off as a dick. He wears it with a badge of honor. So if you look past that shit in some cases he does make good points.
When you provide evidence and use logic, CyNick ignores it. Everyone has tried talking to him reasonably, so now you just toy with him for the laughs or ignore him. So if it looks like people aren't responding to legitimate points of his, that's just because no one is taking the bait. This is where I wish I had that hilarious racist post of his on tap like #1-wwf-fan has.