TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #1241
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Get MAME, throw in a 360 controller and get arcade perfection right now
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #1242
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Apple holding a big sale on iPhone games today with ESPN ScoreCenter XL being given away for free for now.

Not all the iPhone games on sale are on sale for iPad users and the link to the store has more items for sale than listed above. No details on how long the sale will last though.

Quote:
For only $0.99, you can pick up
• Classic titles Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
• The incredibly addictive Peggle
• Wonderful puzzler Osmos
• Doom II RPG
• Civilization Revolution
• Geometry Wars: Touch
• And for sports fans, Tiger Woods PGA Tour
• Star Wars: Cantina

There are some good steals to be had in the $1.99 column as well:
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert
• Doom Resurrection
• Myst
• Phantasy Star II
• Star Wars: Trench Run
• NCAA Football
• Risk: The Official Game
• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
• Mirror's Edge

$2.99:
• Real Racing

$3.99:
• Final Fantasy I
• Final Fantasy II
http://gizmodo.com/5652370/everythin...-on-sale-today
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #1243
V
Formerly Ġohâń3k

V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)V puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
seriously getting tired of IGN

now that this thread has killed the VG forums for me, can anyone tell me a site better than IGN for gaming news? I'm not too fond of gamespot either.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #1244
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So Valve is adding Microtransactions to TF2.

Normally, this would be bad, but Valve is awesome, so charging as much as the game for in-game unlocks can't possibly be bad.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #1245
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...lID-Completely

Real ID to be disable-able.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #1246
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight View Post
So Valve is adding Microtransactions to TF2.

Normally, this would be bad, but Valve is awesome, so charging as much as the game for in-game unlocks can't possibly be bad.
For PC?
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #1247
G
Selectively Social

G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
when have they done ANYTHING to the 360?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #1248
Xero
He's Here

Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
From Kotaku:

The Next Smart Video Game Only Lets You Kill Once

The Next Smart Video Game Only Lets You Kill OnceSeldom in life does someone cackle in front of you like a James Bond villain, explaining how they will deliver your demise. When game designer Chris Hecker did this to me in San Francisco recently, I knew I had him.

See, Chris Hecker thought he was clever. And the truth is that Chris Hecker is clever. A former developer of Spore and a well-respected game designer, he is now developing one of the most interesting multiplayer games I have ever played.

The game is called Spy Party, a game that pits one player as a spy at a fancy party and another as the sniper across the street. It features just one death, triggered when the sniper player believes they have finally figured out which character in the party is the other player and squeezes the trigger.

The game might not be out for two more years, because Hecker has a notebook full of ideas, determination to polish this game until it sparkles and a desire to let no company mess with his ideas. "I want to make a game that is different," he told me when we hung out in his hotel room in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago and played his game. "I can't do this for someone who needs to have a 'return on investment.'"

Chris Hecker sure does talk a good talk about the noble art of game development, which helps when his opponent — me — is figuring out how to wriggle out of the knots suspending me over a proverbial shark tank. Hecker had told me I had no chance playing against him, because the game is not yet tuned to accommodate players of different skill levels. He also said all sorts of beautiful things that an ambitious and talented person would say about making their next video game on their own terms.

The Next Smart Video Game Only Lets You Kill OnceHecker and I sat across from each other, in front of two laptops wired to Xbox 360 controllers. He explained both playable roles for me, apologizing repeatedly that, really, this game is best played right now by two people of equal skill level, meaning not me vs. him. The sniper role would be simple, at least. The party, in the game's prototype form, is held in a single, minimally furnished room that has windows on three sides. Everyone in the party talks, walks around, looks at some statues in the corner, wanders over to the book case, laughs and so on. The spy is among them, but the sniper just watches. The sniper player can move their camera view to any windowed side of the room and zoom in for inspection. They can highlight characters they are suspicious of and darken those who they are sure are genuine. A laser sight from their gun exposes the sniper's viewing angle to the spy and they only get one shot. The sniper player may lock onto the shadiest character and fire a can't-miss bullet. They better hope they murdered the right person.

I asked Hecker to play well and then to play badly. When he played well, I was paranoid. Was that swipe of the hand from one character to the other something the computer did? Or was that Chris planting a bug on the ambassador, which is one of the spy's four goals in the prototype Hecker was showing? I fired. I shot the wrong guy.

Hecker told me that Spy Party emerged from his desire to make "an asymmetrical multiplayer game about subtle human behavior." Naturally, because it's a video game, I pointed out, this subtle game's got to have killing. Hecker laughed, though he wasn't yet doing his Bond villain cackle. Subtlety is his unusual game design goal. He wants a game that you pore over, that you study and observe. If you are the sniper he wants you to have to spot the tiniest clues. As the spy, he wants you to be able to make the slickest super-spy gestures. In this prototype, for example, one of the four goals for the spy is to move a book from a bookshelf at one end of the room to the other. Doing this correctly involves standing in front of the bookcase, taking a book from the shelf to read and then either putting it back for real or doing a slick move — triggered by a different button press — that slips the book under one's jacket while still reaching a hand to the bookcase, as if the book was being put back on the shelf. Even when Hecker showed me the animation I was two blinks away from missing it.

Spy Party has already proven to provoke devious actions. Hecker said that some of his spy-side game testers have taken to tapping on buttons that the 360 controller doesn't use, in order to make the sniper player think that a spy action is being committed. If they hear come clicking then they'll assume, perhaps, that one of the statue idols is being replaced? That's another of the spy's four goals, by the way. It may have been Hecker's description of such deviousness that made me realize how I was going to beat him at his own game. As he continued talking about all the bright ideas he had for Spy Party, I concocted my master plan.

The Next Smart Video Game Only Lets You Kill OncePart of what is so exciting about Spy Party is the stuff that happens around the game. Hecker has seen the game trigger strong emotional responses. I even felt it... guilt of all things. I've killed thousands — millions? — of enemy characters and even some friendly characters in video games with none of the pangs of consequence. I shot one innocent partygoer in Spy Party after tracking them for a few minutes, after being sure they were Chris Hecker's avatar and up to no good, and then, as they lay dead on the floor I realized I was wrong. I felt bad. Apparently Hecker's friend, Chaim Gingold, a fellow ex-Spore designer (he made the game's terrific creature editor) has been wracked by the same guilt when play-testing the game. Another Hecker friend, Spore visionary Will Wright, was less bothered. "Will doesn't care," Hecker said. The legendary game designer sees the characters for the digital constructs they are and moves on to the next session, ready to try to figure out who the spy is and shoot again.

I knew my time as the spy would be tough. As I tried this side of the game Hecker even checked whether I wanted him to be playing well or with sympathy. It was a clear sign that he'd already figured me out.

I would move my spy character through the party, watching Hecker's laser pointer find me and knowing the bullet was coming. There were times when I moved my character with a stutter, making the kind of awkward stop-and-turn move that a computer character would never make. Hecker sniped me, then explained that he is going to program the computer to sometimes make those kinds of bad moves too. Add that to his ideas list: He also wants these parties to be set in multi-room mansions with multiple players as spies who may or may not know about each other, and with snipers waiting outside. He wants there to be events at the party, like the singer drawing people to the piano so she can belt out a tune, giving the spy an opportunity to slip away. He wants to let the paparazzi character take photos, making a flash that temporarily blinds the sniper. He wants personalities in his characters, so that the lecherous partygoer hits on the ingenue. Spy players could choose any of these characters and role-play them as best they can while trying to accomplish their spy goals.

After each time that Hecker sniped me we were able to restart the room. I kept playing as the spy, but I had the option to select the four spy goals and my spy character. I don't remember which character I chose when I decided it was time to hatch my plan. It may have been the man in the plaid blazer. Maybe it was the general. Whoever it was, I do recall that I walked my guy over to the statues. I was going to do the first goal: idol swap.

As my character stood there, Hecker's laser-pointer found me. That's when Chris Hecker threw his head back and laughed. He'd found me out again. Really, he said, this wasn't a fair match.

No, it wasn't fair. Hecker hadn't shot me yet.

It would have been better if I'd played with someone at my skill level, he had continuously suggested. No, this was better.

I made my character walk toward his next goal. Hecker's laser followed. At any moment he could pull the trigger.

Or, actually, he couldn't. He only had a few seconds left, because unbeknownst to Hecker I had changed the rules of the game. I had ignored the mandate to select all four of the game's spy goals during our matchmaking preparation. I had set up the match so that my spy had only one task: swap the idols. A timer was counting down on my screen, as it would on the screen of any player who has completed all of their assigned spy goals.

The countdown timer finished. The game pronounced me the winner. Hecker, realizing what I'd done, made a different kind of cackle. He'd made a liar out of me and I'd tricked him.

Well-played, he told me. Yes, Hecker, and to you, well-made. Spy Party is one of the most psychologically interesting games I've played. Remember its name and follow its progress (on the official Spy Party site, if you'd like). Two years from completion, it could be worth the wait. It's a promising game in the making, with just one kill.

(Screenshots from Spy Party are from the game's current prototype and do not reflect the aesthetic and quality Hecker hopes to achieve with the finished product.)

Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #1249
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3K View Post
seriously getting tired of IGN

now that this thread has killed the VG forums for me, can anyone tell me a site better than IGN for gaming news? I'm not too fond of gamespot either.
This thread.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #1250
Xero
He's Here

Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The game sounds pretty amazing, honestly. Gonna be something I follow for sure. I'm guessing it'll be an XBLA/PSN title.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #1251
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
The game sounds pretty amazing, honestly. Gonna be something I follow for sure. I'm guessing it'll be an XBLA/PSN title.
Yeah, was on Destructoid when PAX was on. As long as there's enough scenarios so it doesn't get dull, should be awesome.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #1252
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Game sounds so sexy. Want.
Funky Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #1253
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoXer View Post
For PC?
G covered it.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #1254
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
http://www.softsailor.com/news/45029...r-only-60.html

Just heard about this today, fucking awesome and about time.
LoDownM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #1255
Xero
He's Here

What is the big deal about Dragon Age? Haven't really looked much up on it. All I know is that it looks like an Oblivion-like game with a very long story mode and a bunch of DLC.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:04 AM   #1256
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Not Oblivion, more Mass Effect with Baldurs Gate in there.

It's fucking phenomenal.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #1257
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The story, and even more so, the characters, are just really well done.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #1258
dronepool
the low Art Gloominati

dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Dragon Origins was good, but I didn't really like the building up system that much. Is Mass Effect 2 any different? Because it's coming to PS3..
dronepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #1259
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Don't usually achievement whore it up but, gonna go play this none stop for the 2 weeks until Fable 3 and Fallout come out.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:25 AM   #1260
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronepool View Post
Dragon Origins was good, but I didn't really like the building up system that much. Is Mass Effect 2 any different? Because it's coming to PS3..
Mass Effect 2 is basically a 3rd person shooter with RPG elements. Also amazing, though.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 AM   #1261
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasney View Post
Mass Effect 2 is basically a 3rd person shooter with RPG elements. Also amazing, though.
This. Bioware hasn't made a bad game in over 10 years.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #1262
D Mac

D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Sweet. I've held off on buying Dragon Age in hopes that they would make a game with all the DLC. Now I get my wish.
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #1263
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Mac View Post
Sweet. I've held off on buying Dragon Age in hopes that they would make a game with all the DLC. Now I get my wish.
now you can crank Metallica and relive all your Ren Fair fantasies with cardboard characters and scenery.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #1264
G
Selectively Social

G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Mac View Post
me too kinda. but mainly because i just didn't want to get it yet. now it's a good thing i waited.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #1265
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Halo Reach with a massive banhammer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...reach-cheaters

Comment page via the Escapist:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49997802

People seem to be using "ban" and "reset" interchangeably. I do not know if there was any actual banning, but the spazz attack is delicious.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #1266
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
More bad news for EA concerning their mess up involving NBA Jam and NBA Elite 11.

1st NBA Elite gets delayed indefinably, then they are expected to lose $60 million due to not releasing NBA Elite on time while being unsure of what to do with NBA Jam for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Now today its expected EA just killed off roughly 100,000+ sales of NBA Jam for the Wii or around $5 million in sales which could have a big impact on the pricing of NBA Jam for Xbox 360 and PS3.

If the game is sold for $30 on Xbox 360 and PS3, then EA would lose out on $2 million trying to make up the estimated difference. EA might now be pushing for a disc version at $40-$50 to make up the difference now. If EA still wants it to be in the $15-$20 range for downloadable pricing, then the losses become even greater than expected.

Also rumored is EA charging the Remix Tour which was taken out of the Xbox 360 and PS3 version as DLC regardless of the pricing they decide for those versions of NBA Jam.

http://kotaku.com/5654008/elites-mel...yline=true&s=i
Old 10-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #1267
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wow. Fuckin mess.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #1268
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

EA can't even use their college basketball series to pick up any slack for NBA Jam since the series got canceled starting this year. Last year's version cost too much to make on top of the ESPN and CBS licensing fees.

They need NBA Jam to make up the cost of Wii's NBA Jam development in addition to the estimated $60 million loss from NBA Elite (projected sales and development costs). On top of that deficit, another $5 million gets added on as expected losses even before the Wii version gets released. Then another few million dollars get added on to cover developing NBA Jam on both Xbox 360 and PS3.

The debacle might end up around the $75-$100 million loss range once everything gets added up. This assumes no NBA Elite for the year and the pricing of Jam is less than $50 on Xbox 360 and PS3 (with or without the rumored DLC).
Old 10-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #1269
Xero
He's Here

"Now today its expected EA just killed off roughly 100,000+ sales of NBA Jam for the Wii or around $5 million in sales which could have a big impact on the pricing of NBA Jam for Xbox 360 and PS3. "

What happened here? Don't understand...
Old 10-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #1270
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Originally the game was meant as an exclusive for the Wii and EA spent months trying to tell people there was no way it would go to other systems.

Then EA decided to bundle a "gimped" version with NBA Elite for free once signs were showing NBA Elite would struggle in sales this year but the trade-off was no Remix Mode but online mode possible.

Now with NBA Elite canceled or delayed, EA decided to announce NBA Jam as a stand-alone for Xbox 360 and PS3. Only thing they confirmed was the game would come at a later date and might be cheaper if its a downloadable game.

Same analysts that predicted the $60 million loss from Elite also predicted at least a $5 million initial loss due to lost sales for the Wii. The idea is why pay for a $50 Wii game when a cheaper game with online will come later.

EA basically is going to lose potential sales until the Xbox 360 and PS3 while also loosing momentum since NBA 2k11 will have been on sale for weeks by then.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #1271
Xero
He's Here

Okay now I understand.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #1272
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Originally the game was meant as an exclusive for the Wii and EA spent months trying to tell people there was no way it would go to other systems.

Then EA decided to bundle a "gimped" version with NBA Elite for free once signs were showing NBA Elite would struggle in sales this year but the trade-off was no Remix Mode but online mode possible.

Now with NBA Elite canceled or delayed, EA decided to announce NBA Jam as a stand-alone for Xbox 360 and PS3. Only thing they confirmed was the game would come at a later date and might be cheaper if its a downloadable game.

Same analysts that predicted the $60 million loss from Elite also predicted at least a $5 million initial loss due to lost sales for the Wii. The idea is why pay for a $50 Wii game when a cheaper game with online will come later.

EA basically is going to lose potential sales until the Xbox 360 and PS3 while also loosing momentum since NBA 2k11 will have been on sale for weeks by then.
In a word: Clusterfuck.

Or in two words: Cluster fuck.

Take your pick.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #1273
D Mac

D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Still gonna get Jam if it's not too much.
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #1274
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

For those with iPhones, Capcom is set to releasing several games for free starting in early November with the Capcom Aracde App on the App Store. The 1st batch of games to be free are Ghouls 'N Ghosts, Commandos, 1942, and Street Fighter II.

There is a catch to the whole deal though. While the games themselves are free and you get a set number of free daily tokens, once those tokens end you have to purchase more tokens to continue to play the free games.

Capcom plans to add titles to the app each month with the same process of the game is free but future play needs to be paid for.

No news on if the offer extends to the iPad or future systems/phones. Also confirmed is no online or leaderboards at launch but will be added at a future date post-launch.

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/112/1125297p1.html
Old 10-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #1275
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Why not just sell the games? This kind of shit is going to be infuriating to people.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #1276
OssMan
The Classic Dylan Staples

OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pretty sure you can get the Iphone "apps" on the Ipad
OssMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #1277
Xero
He's Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Fly View Post
Why not just sell the games? This kind of shit is going to be infuriating to people.
It's honestly an interesting concept. I think they could go far with this if they had this in addition to being able to buy the full game.

Most people would only use a few coins in a day, others would find the need to buy the tokens to have a broader range of games to play.

Say, you could get 20 plays for the equivalent of buying one game.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #1278
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

But if you're someone who plays the game a lot, you'll just end up buying the game over and over and never actually owning it.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #1279
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

That said, I can see it being big in Japan. They seem to confuse frustration with fun all the time.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #1280
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssMan View Post
Pretty sure you can get the Iphone "apps" on the Ipad
The apps would be the same but surprisingly not all the time are the sales on the iPhone the same for the iPad for some strange reason.