TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 12-23-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
American Horror Story - Season 7

Someone claiming to have intel did an AMA on reddit about Season 7 but then ended up deleting everything they posted. Here is what they said before deleting their comments.

SPOILER: show

https://www.reddit.com/r/casualiama/...erican_horror/

Quote:
I have knowledge of American Horror Story's upcoming season including likely storylines and cast invitations.

Scripts have not been written, but a bare outline of the story has. There have been invites sent to some previous cast members, none have officially signed on again but I know who is going to. There is one relatively big actress in talks to join this season. Story will most likely change slightly depending on cast availability, but I know Murphy and Falchuks general plan and who has been invited.

EDIT: I will answer questions until this is archived, I will do it whenever I get a chance

Quote:
Provided you're telling the truth about having access to that kind of information at such an early stage of pre-production, can you talk a little bit about what makes Season 7 'narratively-strange' and the places from which the writers have decided to draw inspiration for the story?.

First of all, I will say simply that the season expands on the mythos of previous seasons in a way that illustrates what the viewers might have barely missed on their first watch, or things that would be considered in the "peripheries" of the viewers mind before. There will be no interviews or internal television shows. The season will be more similar to 1-5 in how it is told, but the plan is that each new episode will contain a flashback or recreation of a scene from a previous season, which the viewer can watch with a new mindset and with previously unknown knowledge.

The foundation of the plot relies on a botched abortion carried out by Dr. Charles. There is a strong connection between the worlds of season 1 and season 4

Quote:
Will these flashbacks include deleted scenes from previous seasons that we know exist (i.e. Gloria threatening Regina with a gun as shown in the teaser for Blood Bath)?

I am not entirely sure, the script has not been properly written. A few unaired storylines from Murder House will appear but when I mentioned flashbacks, it was in direct reference to scenes viewers have already witnessed.

Also, to reply to the part about writers inspiration; aside from drawing inspiration directly from previous seasons of American Horror Story, there are a few other main sources of inspiration.

Try to think of what 2016 might have looked like to people in all decades from the 20th century. The Stepford Wives has been a huge influence on this season. Additionally, there will be references paid to an obscure 80's/90's-published horror magazine for teenagers known as "Spine Chillers", more specifically to two stories from these magazines known as "What's the matter with Martin?" and "Game Over".

Quote:
Thanks. I'm naturally taking what you say with a pinch of salt, but I at least hope there is some truth to what you're saying. If you are in fact genuine, thanks for sharing. Could you reveal the current casting plans for this season?

Jessica Lange has been informally invited back on numerous occasions, but I can almost say with certainty that she will not return. It's would be a dream at this point but it's unlikely.

Angela Bassett, Denis O'Hare, Cuba Gooding Jr, Evan Peters and Frances Conroy will come back. Of course, with contracts not being set in stone, they could back out but it's unlikely.
Lady Gaga is going to try her best to return but it's unlikely.

Kate Mara, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe, Matt Bomer, Emma Roberts, Cheyenne Jackson and Kathy Bates have all been asked to return.

Additionally, Jamie Lee Curtis has been pitched a role.

EDIT: Before I forget, a small guest story arc has been pitched to singer India Arie. That's all I know of so far.
Quote:
Will Adina Porter be back?

I hope so. I haven't heard anything but she's a fantastic actress.
Quote:
Aren't you under an NDA?

Nope. I don't work for Ryan Murphy. The person who told me has an NDA, which is why I don't want to reveal who they are.
Quote:
So what is the bare outline? What theme could we be seeing? Are there any plans to bring back the opening title sequence? And lastly how will this change the way future seasons play out?

I can't answer your question about the opening title sequence honestly because I simply don't know whether it will make a comeback.

A child born after one of Dr. Montgomery's failed abortions is born deformed, and, shunned from society, is put into the care of a string of Freakshow "families" around America. After the end of the Freakshow era, the child, now an adult, attempts to conform to society in a very literal way. This is the bare bones of the storyline as of now.

I am not quite sure about future seasons.
Quote:
What characters from Freak Show will we see again? Will Bette and Dot's child be involved in this?

There are plans to bring Desiree back, it is likely that Angela Bassett will return. I am not sure about other characters, it entirely depends on availability. Desiree's past was never truly explored. Bette and Dot's child has been encountered already, it would spoil too much to tell you who it is.
Quote:
It's probably Vivian because she said that she has family in Florida but you don't have to confirm or deny that lmao. Is there any chance that we will see more of the Motts? (Maybe Gloria's backstory)

As I've mentioned to somebody else, the season will provide new information that will (hopefully) click with viewers and give them a better understanding of how the series works in its entirety. It's interesting that you should mention Gloria Mott, her character is connected to season 7. Some of her background has been, in a WAY, explored in places you would not expect.
Quote:
Is there any chance that this could involve the long standing Oliver Thredson is Dandy's brother theory?

Gloria Mott is Oliver Thredson's mother. I wasn't aware that this was a theory already, but apparently it is and it's correct. Gloria gave Oliver up after her husband became particularly unlucky with money, and Oliver was kept a secret, shipped away to an orphanage near Boston. Gloria was depressed for several years, blaming her husband for having to give her only son up, and after one particularly messy suicide attempt, she discovered that she was pregnant again. With Dandy. In her grief over Oliver, and because her husband had once again struck wealth, Gloria smothered Dandy in love and affection and never told him of his older brother.

Ben Harmon is the son of Lana Winters and Oliver Thredson. Johnny Morgan was an impostor that came about through mere coincidence and emotional assumptions, a psychologically disturbed man who, through obsession, attached himself to Lana Winters. She never recognized him. They are not in any way related, he's an orphan, sure, but he's not Lana's orphan.

Ben grew up in orphanages, fostered and eventually adopted by Mr and Mrs Harmon when he was a child. They were both extremely devout fundamentalists. He was an extremely rebellious child and his parents were hard on him. Ben got involved with drink and drugs, and (as suggested in Season 1) saw a lot of Tate Langdon in himself. His parents had given up hope

The decision to use red heads in Murder House (Vivien, Moira, the Twins) represents Gloria Mott, Ben's paternal grandmother, who watched over him and appeared to him as a young toddler. Gloria was the only truly maternal figure in Ben Harmon's life, and after disappearing for many years, she made her final appearance during an overdose of heroin Ben took in his teens, which eventually managed to get him on the straight and narrow.
Quote:
Gloria died in 1952 so how could she visit Ben in his teens?

This is American Horror Story
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of character crossovers, but what exactly is the theme going to be called and what elements from season 7 will be original and have no crossovers?

The subtitle hasn't been decided upon but the majority of the season will take place in the 1970's in a suburban housing complex. There will be supernatural horror but this season will deal primarily with human-based science fiction. Additionally, all of the main characters will be new creations.
Quote:
Will season 7 bring more camp into the show or is it gonna be really dark again? Also can you quickly summarize the plot?

This season is going to be driven by a very camp group of characters in a very camp setting. Delightfully colorful and sinister. Think Desperate Housewives meets Ghost in the Machine and you're halfway there.

edit: It's not this, scroll down

Last edited by slik; 04-19-2017 at 03:03 AM.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:30 AM   #2
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
"
Gloria died in 1952 so how could she visit Ben in his teens?

This is American Horror Story "

lol
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
New theme will be revealed likely at the Paleyfest event in California on March 26th.

Also lol

Old 02-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I dunno if I'll watch this after how disappointed I was by Hotel. Wes Bentley is awesome though so I may well pick it up on DVD. I don't know anything about the Roanoke story so I'll have to look it up.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:54 AM   #5
slik
Trickster Demon

Roanoke is cool...based on the true story of the missing colony of Roanoke...sort of

Old 02-16-2017, 01:54 AM   #6
slik
Trickster Demon

I am getting "They Live" vibes

Old 04-19-2017, 03:03 AM   #7
slik
Trickster Demon

Obviously not really about "the election" but the first episode will take place on election night....AHS is always more peripheral than literal.

CAST SO FAR...

Sarah Paulson
Evan Peters
Billy Eichner (Billy On The Street YouTube channel...not familiar with him)
Billie Lourd (Carrie Fisher's daughter, said to be the lead role)
Old 04-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #8
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Billy Eichner is very hit and miss. When he's good he's unbelievable but when he's bad he's just a guy with a lazy eye and a bad attitude.

Hotel was very poor. I dunno if I'll bother with Roanoke but if this new one is any good I could return to it.
I resent having paid more for Hotel than I did for the first three series box set. I paid even more for Freakshow but that is the best season by a country mile.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #9
slik
Trickster Demon

Asylum is the best season IMO
I liked Hotel a lot, felt very epic in how we got to know the main characters really well over like a century

My least favorite seasons are Coven and then Freak Show. I love the look and idea of Freak Show...Dandy possibly my favorite AHS character "over all" but I thought none of the characters other than Dandy, Twisty, Pepper and Human Seal were good. Elsa the worst J Lange character for sure.

Roanoke is good, it's full of surprises. Just when you think you know what's going on you discover you have no idea. Goriest season since Asylum.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #10
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

For me it goes:

Freakshow
Asylum
Murder House
Coven
Hotel

Jessica Lange can do no wrong in AHS but her legless TV star Elsa is by far my favourite turn. God that's a good season.
Danny Houston and Jessica Lange, Evan Peters as lobster boy with Michael Chiklis as his gay strongman father, John Carrol Lynch as Twisty, Wes Bentley as Edward Mordrake and Dandy of course steals the whole show.

As far as AHS goes Freakshow is the masterpiece. Asylum was middling along quite well but Cromwell and Ian McShane kicked that up a notch. Plus it has the best song and dance number. "Banana fana fo fepper"

Taissa Farmiga is the best thing about Coven. I'd drink her bath water.

Hotel was just weird for weirdness' sake. I was disappointed that Lady Gaga fucked it up. Had she not been in it it could have just been a bit crap instead of painfully B-movie.
I forget his name but the trans receptionist was great in that. He's great in all of them really.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #11
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Sarah Paulson is extraordinarily bad in all of them. I think I hate her.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #12
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
Sarah Paulson is extraordinarily bad in all of them. I think I hate her.
she's just very meh to me.

recently watched american crime story and even though she was one of the leads i don't remember her at all.
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #13
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

She infuriates me with her dippy dumbshit Southern Belle routine and that dreadful lisp.

Jessica Lange
Angela Basset
Kathy Bates
Taissa Farmiga
Emma Roberts
Connie Britton

All leagues ahead of her. The thing is she fits the part she plays so I may just hate her characters because her idiosyncrasies enrage me.
I wish she's try not to be an annoying bastard all of the time.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:21 PM   #14
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Did you know that guy Ben Woolf died? He played Meep The Geek in Freakshow and the infantata in Murder House. Apparently he got dinged in the bonce by a wing mirror whilst jay walking.
What a way to go.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:34 PM   #15
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
oh, that really odd looking bald guy.

interesting death.
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:48 PM   #16
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

He was probably shouting "meep meep" which caused the car to swerve into him thinking it had narrowly avoided crashing.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:36 AM   #17
slik
Trickster Demon

Taisa is "ok" but really only good so far in season 1 and her brief role in Roanoke. She was good as being super angsty in season 1 but Coven was kind of "eh".

Sarah Paulson I like in Murder House, Asylum, Hotel and Roanoke and dislike in Coven and FreakShow.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #18
slik
Trickster Demon

Denis O'Hare -- Yeah, he was my favorite character in Hotel. Really enjoyed his character...always enjoy him each season.

I think my favorite Jessica Lange character is Fiona, which is funny since Coven is my least liked season (I don't hate any season, I'm just not crazy about Coven or FS).
Old 05-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #19
slik
Trickster Demon

American Horror Story Season 7 tease.

A post shared by Ryan Murphy (@mrrpmurphy) on