TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by the Queen of the Women's division:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The Monday, 10/31 edition of WWE Raw did 2.59 million viewers, the second lowest number in the last 19 years.

The Halloween edition of the show finished just ahead of a 9/26 show that drew 2.46 million viewers and went head-to-head with a U.S. presidential debate ...

8 p.m. 2.75 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.62 milion viewers
10 p.m. 2.44 million viewers
Quote:
TNA was dealt a fairly significant blow on Tuesday morning as the company's television partner in the United Kingdom, Challenge TV, announced that they would no longer be carrying Impact Wrestling starting in the beginning of next year.

Challenge's statement: "We know that many TNA fans will be disappointed to hear this, but we wanted to let you all know that as of January 2017, Challenge will no longer be the home of TNA in the UK. TNA has been a huge and important part of Challenge’s story over the years and we will treasure some great moments like the British Bootcamp and UK tours. We have been proud to bring UK viewers coverage of TNA and have huge respect for the company and its fans. TNA is packed with great talent and we know they will continue to do great things -- we wish them all the best."

Largely due to their TV deals, the UK has been one of the best markets globally for TNA. The promotion has regularly run tours of the UK in front of some of their best crowds of the year, but they haven't yet announced a tour for 2017.

TNA responded to the news on Tuesday with a statement of their own on the company's Facebook page. In the statement, TNA mentioned spoilers as a reason that they would no longer be airing on Challenge and said that they are looking forward to announcing a new opportunity soon that will allow them to air Impact closer to when the show is broadcast in the United States.
Quote:
The drama that has unfolded over the last month regarding TNA's future continued in a Nashville, TN, courtroom Monday as Billy Corgan's request for control over the troubled wrestling company was rejected.

In her ruling, Chancellor Ellen Hobbs Lyle said that the temporary injunction Corgan was seeking didn't meet the burden of proof required to attain it. He is due to be paid back on several loans he had made the company that included the option to take over Carter's voting rights if TNA became insolvent. That was the basis of Corgan's case due to the amount of money TNA owes in contrast to the amount of revenue the company has.

Corgan is due to be paid back on Tuesday, November 1st. The musician had sued the company, Dixie Carter, and more in an effort to get voting rights and control.
According to the Observer, Aroluxe's CEO is currently in charge of TNA in the wake of Corgan's lawsuit.

Quote:
The main thing in the TNA ruling is that Chancellor Ellen Hobbs Lyle ruled against Billy Corgan in his attempt to get a restraining order that would prohibit TNA from selling off any of its assets. This opens the door to selling to Anthem Sports aka The Fight Network. Jason Brown of Aroluxe will be in charge of the company. Dixie Carter will still have a position in the company, but whether she was any power, and she won't have final power, is uncertain. Corgan appears to be looking at continuing his legal challenge for ownership, and there are unanswered questions but Hobbs Lyle's ruling didn't appear favorable to me to him regarding his key points of contention. As far as what will and won't change, it's too soon to tell.

The key to this is TNA will continue with Anthem Sports funding the company. Everyone should start getting paid. As far as what happens with the budget given little revenue is coming in, that's another thing to soon to tell. Another question is who stays and who goes. For now, Corgan, even though listed as President, won't be part of it unless he comes to an agreement with the new owners, but doing so would kill his lawsuit that he said he is continuing.
Some more details about the potential aftermath from Corgan's lawsuit.

Quote:
Pro Wrestling NOAH has reportedly been sold to Japanese IT company Estbee.
Quote:
PWInsider.com has confirmed that WWE NXT star Austin Aries has suffered a large orbital fracture from the evil looking kick he received from Shinsuke Nakamura at the NXT house show last week in California.

Aries is slated to undergo surgery later this week in Birmingham, Alabama and will be out of action at least until first quarter of 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot
WWE superstars like Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Xavier Woods, Sasha Banks, and more are coming to Boom Studios in comic book form. The series will follow multiple wrestlers going about their daily business, like breaking tables, fighting in the ring, and grilling out on top of a WWE truck.

On November 9, the publisher will debut its first comic utilizing the WWE license: WWE: Then. Now. Forever, and you can see a preview of this issue below. This is an introduction to what Boom Studios has in store for fans, when the ongoing WWE series launches in January.
Link to the article with some images and more details: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wwe.../1100-6445015/

Quote:
I haven't been in the ring yet. That's the one thing after those 12 years that is probably the most important to reacquaint yourself with, but I'm going in for one match. I'm not going to get into the ring for 20 days straight to reacclimate myself to hitting the ropes because, hopefully, the only thing that will be hitting is my fist hitting Brock's face and him hitting the mat, so the reality is I'm going to be taken to Suplex City. I'm going to take some suplexes in this thing. Yeah, but it is what it is. It ain't like I didn't play in the NFL, dude. I may be old, but I know what I'm getting myself into.
Part of an interview Goldberg had on a recent Booker T podcast episode.

Quote:
Eric Bischoff's podcast has been added to the MLW Radio network starting on 11/3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
"You're talking to me and I'm not even answering you because I'm constantly thinking towards ways in which words play," Amore said. "Just things that are funny to make people interact and to keep the audience participating. My mind is always going in that direction." The result is a notebook that he estimates is well over 1,000 pages of written promo material. Everywhere Amore goes, the book comes with him.

"I have it backed up on the internet up in a cloud somewhere [too]," he said. "There is no question about that."

Amore believes the process of writing it down helps to imprint the material into his brain. When a fellow superstar says something to him on live TV and it sparks something he wrote down two years ago and forgot about, he is able to deliver an instant comeback. "That's the way my mind works," he said. "All of a sudden it's flying out."
From a recent interview ESPN had with Enzo Amore. Link to the interview itself: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...ny-ability-mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE have already abandoned trademarking Drew Gulak and Tony Nese. [Note from Mike: I wonder if this was a case of the left hand and the right hand not knowing what the other was doing as neither of them are, as of this writing, signed to WWE deals.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Al Snow announced on his Facebook page that The Al Snow Wrestling Academy will be the "Global Development Center" for TNA Impact Wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It appears that the ACH situation we wrote about a few weeks back did not go without ripple effects after all as PWInsider.com has confirmed from multiple sources that he is finishing up with the company.

ACH is currently signed to an exclusive deal but will not be signing another deal with the promotion. There is always a possibility he will to be used down the line on a per-date basis, but we have heard that after the end of the year, the two sides will part company.

It's been obvious for some time there is a rift. Several weeks ago, ACH worked a pair of events, AAW's Jim Lynam Memorial events in Illinois and at one of the events, used the mic to make veiled comments that many believed were about ROH. That upset a number of people in the ROH locker room that felt ACH was being disrespectful, especially since he wouldn't have been able to work the shows without getting permission from someone in ROH management.
PWI thinks WWE could be a likely destination depending on how interested the company is in signing him once his release is official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Fred Yehi in a non-title encounter has been announced for the 11/12 EVOLVE event in Queens, NY. Thatcher vs. Tony Nese is set for the 11/13 EVOLVE event in Joppa, MD, teasing the idea that should Nese win the belt he could take it and appear on Monday Night Raw with it.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Sports Illustrated had a recent interview with Joey Styles: http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...ting-interview
  • According to the Observer, Sasha was originally planned to beat Charlotte the day of their Hell in a Cell match but Vince forced last minute changes to be made to both the result and parts of the match itself. Being speculated around the next this might have been Vince's way of getting some payback on being forced to make the Women's match as the real main event for Hell in a Cell.
  • According to reports ITV messed up on selling tickets for their World of Sport pilot show taping with over 1000 more tickets sold than seats possible at the arena used.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote