TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 11-11-2016, 11:31 PM   #481
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Can't wait to have Fenix y Pentagon Jr. in WWE.

Also, of all the ROH guys that I could see leaving, Ray Rowe might be the most likely since Crazy Mary is his +1 and she already signed with NXT
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:52 PM   #482
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
According to the Daily Star, it's being rumored that Linda McMahon could possibly become part of U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's cabinet in the Commerce Department. It has been noted that the McMahon family donated around $7 million dollars towards Trump's presidential campaign.
I really wouldn't believe anything that's printed in The Daily Star.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #483
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
But Clark Kent used to write for them
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:43 AM   #484
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Would like to see War Machine as Bray Wyatt's new guys.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:44 AM   #485
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And fuck it, throw in Sister Mary as well.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #486
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
"Braun Strowman has been featured in “Bodyslam Challenges” with The Big Show during
It’s believed that a feud between Stroman and The Big Show will kick off after the Survivor Series event on weekly WWE programming. The company will most likely bill the match as a “Battle of the Giants” or something along those lines."

Oh god If true NASH in his infinite wisdom and glory would probably say this was a stupid idea if his comments on himself facing Big Show is any indication.
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:39 PM   #487
Mr. Nerfect

I was hoping that leading into Survivor Series, Braun would start hanging out with Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho. They can even present him with his own scarf.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:35 PM   #488
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Vader Time Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Raw last night, built around appearances of Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg, Shane McMahon, and Daniel Bryan in preshow promotion, did 2.87 million viewers, a number that would be the second highest of this football season, trailing only Goldberg's debut ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m.. 2.96 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.93 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.74 million viewers
Quote:
After being fired for making a misogynistic and politically-themed joke toward ring announcer Joanna Rose at EVOLVE 72 on Saturday night, Joey Styles addressed the matter in an open letter that appeared on PWInsider.

Styles attempted to explain the misstep by claiming that he panicked after the segment occurred at ringside instead of in the ring as he anticipated:

"I told Joanna before the show that during my promo with her and Stokely in the ring, I was going to ask her about English tailoring so we could compare my suit with Stokely Hathaway's suit.

I had no idea what to say when Stokely Hathaway and I were at ringside about to trade promos and I didn't have Joanna with us to ask about English tailoring.

I panicked and I did exactly what Gabe Sapolsky told me not to do earlier in the week and made a political joke. The joke included a partial quote from the President-Elect that was meant to mock him and then, in-turn, my scripted nemesis, Stokely Hathaway.

I started the joke and stopped quoting the President-Elect without using the offensive word.

Again, I did not utter the offensive word.

I then turned to Stokely Hathaway and said "the word that I will not use, brings me to you."

In the letter, Styles also said that he was the one to suggest that EVOLVE head Gabe Sapolsky fire him publicly so that Sapolsky wouldn't be put in the position of having to decide to fire someone that he'd known for so long:

"After the event, I looked Gabe in the eye, apologized to him, and as not as to put him in the awkward position of having to fire someone he has known for 20 years, told him to fire me publicly and then shook his hand.

I apologized to Joanna who said she said she wasn't upset because she knew it was a joke about the President-Elect. It didn't matter if she was upset or not, therefore I apologized to her again, repeatedly."

Styles said that he apologized to the EVOLVE locker room as well:

"I apologized to the locker room and the wrestlers weren't upset. It didn't matter if they were upset, therefore I apologized to the wrestlers again, repeatedly."
The manager for FloSports who was at the event pretty much tore apart Styles apology on Twitter claiming Styles lied or fibbed on a lot of stuff in his apology.

Quote:
Before the night's main event featuring Timothy Thatcher and Drew Gulak, Styles said on air toward ring announcer Joanna Rose, “Joanna, you look great tonight. And if our next President were here tonight, he’d want to grab you by the..."

The reference is, of course, related to President-elect Donald Trump's infamous comment made on a tour bus in 2005 that was picked up by a hot microphone he was unaware was on.

Styles had said on-air that he was told to not get too political on air, essentially setting up the comment.

EVOLVE head Gabe Sapolsky was not thrilled with Styles' choice of words.

I deeply apologize for Joey Styles' comments and am furious

— Gabe Sapolsky (@BookItGabe) November 13, 2016

And then 30 minutes later, Sapolsky delivered some news shortly after the show had wrapped up:

We've parted ways with Joey Styles and that's my final comment on this. Thank you for your support.

— Gabe Sapolsky (@BookItGabe) November 13, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obersver
Both CHIKARA and Beyond Wrestling announced on Monday that they have terminated their relationships with Styles. Botter also commented on the situation in a series of tweets, refuting Styles' claim that he wasn't upset about the comments.

Botter's tweets: "For the record: Joey Styles' claim that I wasn't upset is false and a mischaracterization of what actually happened. I was upset. When Joey approached me to apologize, I was more concerned about Thatcher, who was being loaded into a car going to the hospital. But to say I was not upset is false, and I support Gabe's decision 100%. This will be my last comment on the matter."
In terms of business reasons, Beyond has both ties with EVOLVE and FloSports while CHIKARA was rumored to be a possible future addition for FloSports. Both owners of the companies were also personally disgusted at what was said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Ex-WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro claims she was sexually assaulted in ’06 at a U.S. military base that WWE sent her to visit … and in new docs filed, she says the company convinced her to keep it quiet.

Massaro filed documents this week to join the head-injury lawsuit that now includes over 50 former WWE employees, and in it mentioned a horrible incident in Kuwait as proof of their negligence.

Ashley claims the assault happened while she was in the Middle East on a WWE sanctioned trip with Maria Kanellis, Jimmy Hart and Ron Simmons. This was not for Tribute to the Troops.

According to the docs, “Upon her return to the United States, she was seen by Dr. Rios who interviewed her about the incident. Dr. Rios reported the incident to WWE executives who soon thereafter met with Massaro to apologize for their negligence but persuaded her that it would be best not to report it to appropriate authorities.”
In a bit of irony, Massaro had an interview with WWE's website prior to the trip saying she wasn't worried about going overseas and assumed WWE would do everything to keep her safe.

Quote:
Tony Nese has officially signed a new deal with WWE in an angle shot last night at the EVOLVE show in Joppa, MD.

The segment was dark because it involved William Regal, who offered Nese a contract at the show and he signed it. This took place after the broadcast ended. They did an EVOLVE farewell to Nese at that point ...

Regal said that more talent would be signed, which led to a loud "Bro" chant in regard to Matt Riddle, who EVOLVE is building around being its top star right now.

Drew Gulak, the other non-contracted wrestler who has been appearing regularly on Raw in cruiserweight matches, was also offered a contract. We don't have confirmation that he signed, but the expectation was that he would.
Quote:
Timothy Thatcher suffered a concussion at EVOLVE 72 last night and will be out of action. No replacement has been named. Instead, Tony Nese has an open contract for a match. Sapolsky tweeted that Thatcher's condition is improving.
Quote:
HHH, who was at MSG on Saturday night, pushed that Conor McGregor would be great for WWE. "He could come over. He's got it all, man, he's got the personality, the skills, the talk. He's an entertainer for sure." He said he's got smaller guys than McGregor who are stars. He compared it to Floyd Mayweather working with Big Show.
Quote:
Seth Rollins wore a blue wrist band last night on Raw to remember Jonah Snyder, a student who died at his school a few months ago.
Quote:
Vader posted a sad health update on Twitter, noting that doctors have told him that he may only have two years to live: “Told by 2.heart Drs at this time that my heart is wore out from footbal&wrestling I have 2 yrs to live , conjestive hesrt failure reality”
Quote:
Mick Foley responded to the news in a Facebook post that urged WWE to induct Vader into the Hall of Fame: “IT'S TIME...TO PUT VADER IN THE HALL OF FAME. I have been talking with Leon White the past few weeks, so I knew the news might be coming. But seeing it in print this morning was a shock nonetheless. Leon is dying. He has been told by doctors that he may have less than two years left to live. His legacy is so important to him, and he has told me that being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame would mean so much on both a personal and professional level. On a global level, Vader was one of the greatest attractions the pro wrestling business has ever seen. I have talked with people at the highest levels at WWE, and hope and pray that Leon's name will be included in the class of 2017 Hall of Fame inductees.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It would appear that Taz will not be appearing on tonight's WWE Smackdown 900 broadcast. He tweeted the following:

Thanks @WWE for the kind hospitality today backstage at #SDLive900 - much appreciated. Been a loooong time. pic.twitter.com/5kEAmsnxRV
— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) November 16, 2016
Was a rumor going into the show Taz might be appearing or doing something special but turns out he was just visiting some old friends backstage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA is currently filming Total Nonstop Deletion in Cameron, NC. Filming will take place over the next several days. The episode will air on 12/15.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Summer Rae recently confirmed rumors of being away from the WWE due to an injury. https://www.instagram.com/p/BMvdlViB0MY
  • WWE is currently offering almost 3 free months of the WWE Network to former subscribers from now till next year's Royal Rumble.
  • Mickie James could be facing some potential backlash due to publicly supporting Joey Styles after the incident he had in EVOLVE. Claimed the joke he made shouldn't have gotten him fired and "PC" being a reason why he got fired. Also implied it shouldn't have been a big deal due to the wrestling industry itself having its share of sleazy stuff happening. https://www.facebook.com/mickieljame...40214492670850
  • Based on recent reports, early ticket prices for next year's Mania is higher than usual for the event while both Taker and Rock have been advertised to be at the event.
  • People's Magazine recently revealed The Rock won their "Sexiest Man of the Year" award for 2016.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:55 PM   #489
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Hogan Gif:

Quote:
Tuesday night's heavily hyped 900th episode of SmackDown earned the show's third highest ratings since the draft special in July.

Featuring Edge and The Undertaker, the show averaged 2.725 million viewers, up 42 percent from last week's show, which went against election coverage. It was the highest number since the August 29th show, which did 2.835 million viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEScoops
Bill Goldberg says he tweaked his shoulder on RAW and his body feels “horrible” in the days leading up to his in-ring return against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series.

During an interview with Scott Dargis of NBC Sports, Goldberg spoke about the reaction he got during his first WWE TV appearance in 12 years, what he’s done to train for his fight against Lesnar and his son finally getting able to watch him wrestle. Fans will remember several weeks back that Goldberg slipped in the ring while brawling with Rusev. When asked if the slip was Goldberg’s body telling him it’s time to take it easy, Goldberg replied, “Oh God yes. Absolutely…”

Goldberg told Brock Lesnar, “You’re Last” – an indication that his return match at Survivor Series will be the last time we’ll get to see in the ring. Goldberg said that’s his current mentality, but he’ll have to see how he does on Sunday. “I’m sure acting like it. At the end of the day, it’s all that I’m concerned about. I take one day as it is,” he said.

He also revealed, “My body feels horrible” and he suffered a minor injury on RAW during his in-ring altercation with Brock Lesnar. “I tweaked my shoulder last night (on Raw), but that doesn’t mean in five days that I’m not going to come out kicking ass and taking names like I always do.”
Quote:
WWE uploaded video of William Regal extending a contract offer to Tony Nese after EVOLVE 73 last Sunday.
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlZXwlFavY4

Quote:
WWE.com has updated Donald Trump’s Hall of Fame roster page to note his election win.
Quote:
Economists predict that WrestleMania may bring in up to 170 million dollars in revenue for the city of Orlando. WWE.com has an article on WrestleMania 32 generating $170 for the Dallas/Arlington region.
Quote:
PWG returns with their first show since this year’s Battle of Los Angeles on December 16th with BOLA winner Marty Scurll challenging Zack Sabre Jr. for the PWG World Championship.
Quote:
Episode #217 of The Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling features a huge double dose of Lucha Underground with both Melissa Santos & Karlee Perez aka Catrina. The following except features Catrina’s view of how her character has evolved over the first three seasons of the El Ray Network standout show.
Link to the episode: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/t...21_00_00-08_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE are trying to oppose Ryback from trademarking "The Big Guy."

Interestingly, the trademark they are opposing is the one that Ryback applied for dietary and nutritional supplement use, not the trademark he applied for wrestling.

WWE has until Feb. 15, 2017 to file an opposition or request more time.
Quote:
On this morning's edition of the Taz Show on CBS Radio, former WWE and ECW star Taz discussed his visit to WWE's Smackdown taping last night, where he filmed material for the WWE Network.

Taz said he had a great time there, but obviously could not divulge everything that went on but did something for ECW with Paul Heyman, The Dudley Boyz, Tommy Dreamer and Corey Graves.
CBS Radio announced Taz will be holding a special live 3 hour podcast episode following Survivor Series this weekend.

Quote:
Sin Cara continues to be punished for his tour bus scuffle with Chris Jericho during the WWE European tour. As noted, Sin Cara was going to be sent home at one point but was instead "exiled" to the SmackDown leg of the tour, even though he never worked a SmackDown live event. He had to do the six-hour drive to Monday's RAW instead of using the company's charter flight to Buffalo, NY. PWInsider reports that at RAW, Sin Cara was not allowed to use the regular locker room for WWE talent and had to change in the "extras" room.
Quote:
My original plan when I came back last January was to stay until WrestleMania... four months. Then, it started going so good, I re-signed I think until July and then I re-signed until October and then I re-signed until November. Now it's basically a month by month thing. I've got a certain time frame in mind but I can't even say that because what was supposed to be four has already been ten because I am smart enough to know this ...

I love working with Owens and Rollins and Reigns and Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose and AJ. Those guys are re-invigorating my love for the business because I have been through a lot of generations of the business.

Also, keep this in mind, my generation of guys, as sad as it is to say this, my best friends have either passed away or retired so now I have this whole new group of guys who it starts with a little bit of hero worship, that's great but now let's get down to it, just start working and having some fun.

These are like my best friends on the job right now, I love hanging out with the guys, they're all really great guys and there's no reason for me to stop because I'm doing something for the right reason because I love doing it and that's why I do anything at this point. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about any financial issues, I do something because I love it.

Right now, in the WWE, I'm enjoying this run as much as I had anything in my entire career and I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can and continue to build it and continue to entertain for as long as I can in the WWE, for sure.
Portion of an interview Jericho had on a recent episode of the LAW podcast show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQx6UEEUjko

• WWE announced they will be holding shows in Kentucky next April due to the state recently repealing restrictions involving wrestling shows and blood. The previous rules demanded matches to be stopped if blood occurred during tv and ppv shows. http://insiderlouisville.com/metro/w...te-regulation/
  • E! announced they have ordered a second season of Total Bellas and the new season to air next year.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, James Ellsworth currently has a better W-L record in the WWE than Sting after recently winning a dark match. Even has more wins this year than the Ascension have as a tag team.
  • According to rumors and reports, WWE is currently struggling selling out shows for NXT's upcoming tour of Canada while their upcoming tour of Australia is facing similar issues.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #490
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
So another reason for me to hate the no chin Motherfucker!
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:12 AM   #491
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The chinless wonder will be wwe universal champion by mania.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:45 PM   #492
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Talking Smack:

Quote:
Despite much of the focus being on this Sunday's Survivor Series pay-per-view, WWE is already making plans for next year's event.

The Houston Chronicle reported on Wednesday night that Survivor Series 2017 is set to take place at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX. Like this year's show, WWE is planning a marathon weekend around the "big four" PPV but will instead run four straight nights in the building in 2017.

The Toyota Center also confirmed the news on Twitter.

Kicking off the weekend will be an NXT TakeOver special, which is set for Saturday, November 18th. Survivor Series, Raw, and SmackDown will then take place on successive nights. Tickets for Survivor Series go on sale at 11 a.m. ET on December 9th, and WWE will also have travel packages for the event going on sale at 12 p.m. ET on December 6th.
WWE might end up doing something special since it would the 30th anniversary of the ppv.

Quote:
Having experimented with three straight nights of action at Wrestlemania and SummerSlam, WWE will expand out their micro-takeover plan for cities, starting with April's WrestleMania 33, according to ESPN business reporter Darren Rovell.

After announcing that the 2017 Survivor Series would see four straight nights of WWE-owned action, Rovell reported Thursday that the four-in-four approach will expand out to all of their "Big Four" events: Mania, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, and SummerSlam.

That would mean NXT TakeOver shows on Saturday, WWE's PPV on Sunday, Raw on Monday, and SmackDown on Tuesday. Packages for all four nights will be made available.

As discussed on Wednesday's Wrestling Observer Radio, the approach is designed to create more interest among bidding cities due to the potential economic impact four nights of WWE can bring.

From a fan standpoint, the question will be whether four straight nights of events will lead to a burnout factor, especially with SmackDown on Tuesdays being the weekend finale.

We'll get our answer starting in 2017.
Quote:
Timothy Thatcher has gotten clearance and has flown home to California. He suffered a severe concussion on Saturday's Evolve show against Drew Gulak, and had to stay in New York because he was unable to fly.
Quote:
Regarding the story on the WWE Network and marketing plans in the new Observer, WWE has said that not everyone who cancels will be offered a free month. The policy is that if you cancel the subscription and never have received a free month in the past, that you will be offered a free month. We're told the policy is that if you have in the past received a free month, that offer will not be given.
Quote:
The names of the other new plaintiffs in the concussion lawsuit against WWE that were not listed in the new Observer are David Silva (Sylvano Sousa), John Jeter, Charles Scaggs (Too Cold Scorpio/Flash Funk) and Charles Wicks (Chad Wicks).
Quote:
James Ellsworth has contacted indie promoters that he's taking no new dates which means he's either signed or about to sign a WWE contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Colby Corino has announced that he will be joining NJPW as a young lion in January. You can see his tweet below.

Yeah, stuffs about to go down. #Blessed #NJPW pic.twitter.com/3ez2RoUQYi
— Colby Corino (@Generation_Ace) November 17, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This is the current advertised card for NXT's debut in Osaka, Japan on 12/3

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship
Tye Dillinger vs. Bobby Roode vs. Elias Sampson
#DIY vs. Tajiri and Tozawa
Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss vs. The Revival
Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade Almas
Liv Morgan and Aliyah vs. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay

Also appearing

Asuka
Hideo Itami
TM61
Buddy Murphy
Wesley Blake
Ember Moon

It was announced during last night's WWE NXT episode that footage will be filmed for the Network.
Quote:
On the long-term health effects of pro wrestling:

I got this hotspot on my brain. They’re not sure if it’s from ecstasy, that superglue, or chair shots, or all of the above. I remember they called me in when I broke my neck. They took longer to clear me for my head injury. They were like, it’s a blessing you came in here with a neck [injury], you were going to be a vegetable soon. They go, you got a dark spot on your brain. I’m like, I do? They go, yeah. Are you OK? I go, I’m fine. I’m here because my neck hurts, not my head. But it was a blessing that they caught that.

His response when approached for the class action lawsuit filed against WWE by former wrestlers:

I didn’t jump on it. Somebody reached out to me a long time ago. But if I wanted to sue them I would’ve done it a long time ago when I got burned in the elevator, or when they hung me on TV and I died, basically.

How he nearly died in front of a live crowd when being “hung” by The Boss Man:

Remember when The Boss Man was going to bring The Brood into The Ministry? He threw me over the rope with the thing. Richie told him, don’t use that rope. Don’t use it. It was a brand new rope and they wanted to do it anyways. They wanted to do that angle. So they threw me over and then…I bounced off the apron but the rope cinched up. I remember sitting there on TV and everything was just going away. I made my peace with God…I couldn’t get [the rope off]. It was locked tight. Dennis looked over. There are pictures out there. Boogers were out of my nose, belly was pushed out. I said goodbye to the world. I made peace with God. I was going out, and then all of a sudden everything came right back just as fast as it was going away. It was Dennis going, Davey, Davey! You OK?! You OK?! Luna, she flipped out, and they actually fired Luna over getting upset in gorilla.
Some hihgights from an interview Gangrel had on a recent X-Pac 1,2,360 podcast show.

Quote:
Joey Styles got very negative reviews for his commentary even outside of the Donald Trump remark in question, and the feeling was the commentary was far better the second night with Lenny Leonard going solo.
Even without the recent incident, EVOLVE was probably going to fire Styles anyways. The general reaction to his commentary since he joined the company has been pretty bad overall.

Quote:
As noted last week, after it was almost a sure thing Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo were WWE bound, they’ve both reconsidered and now are looking at staying and trying to build up Stardom.
Quote:
WWE is allowing Mick Foley to appear via satellite at the ICW Fear and Loathing show this Sunday. WWE pulled him from the show which he made a commitment to months ago, because he was needed for the Survivor Series that day in Toronto. WWE sent Finn Balor as a replacement and he’ll be a guest enforcer.
Quote:
Jim Ross inked a deal with Skyhorse Publishing to do his long-worked on autobiography. The book, called “Slobberknocker,” is scheduled for a fall 2017 release. The book is similar to Chris Jericho in that it’s designed to build to a sequel. The book covers Ross’ life through second bout with Bell’s Palsy that looked to be the end of his broadcasting career in 1999 when Michael Cole had replaced him on Raw and Vince Russo had done the skits making him ths deranged guy who thought he was still the announcer and would come out there and call matches even though he’d been replaced, only to have Steve Austin and Dwayne Johnson ask for him to call their 2000 WrestleMania IV main event, and he did so well he was brought back as the lead voice of Raw for several more years. The idea would be for a second book from 2000 to the present. Ross and Paul O’Brien did the book together which started out as a collaboration with Ross and the late Scott Williams
Quote:
Nobody has said anything officially about the filming of Lucha Underground season four. At one point it was talked about for a November start and then a January start. Right now the talent is of the impression filming will start in late February, but nobody is certain
Quote:
After Raw television, as punishment for the incident with Jericho, Sin Cara was removed from the rest of the European tour. Instead of being sent home, he stayed in Glasgow the second day and traveled the rest of the tour with the Smackdown crew. He was then flown home to get to Raw this week, but for whatever reason, wasn’t flown into Buffalo, and had to fly from Europe and then drive six hours to get to Buffalo. He was also not allowed to dress in the talent dressing room, and had to change in the room with the extras like the fake security guys
Quote:
Here is the situation roughly regarding Shawn Michaels and the Performance Center. As noted last week, Matt Bloom is still the head coach there and as best we can tell, there are no plans to change that. There’s a lot of writing of reports and setting up schedules and stuff that goes with the head coach job and it’s not to say Michaels couldn’t do it, but those close to the situation as well as friends of his don’t think it would be a good fit. They are trying to do a structure that’s still in the making but it was told to us it’s something like this. Bloom and Regal would remain in their positions. Norman Smiley would be a guy to teach guys how to execute moves. They would be hiring a psychology coach, which would no doubt be a veteran wrestler. Terry Taylor’s role would be “finishing” in the sense to put the final touches on the guys who are at the advanced level.

Michaels’ job figures to be along the lines of the bridge between NXT and the main roster, in the sense he’d have however many guys, a half a dozen or so, depending on the situation, but it would be the guys they expect to call up over the next six months and Michaels would work exclusively with them to get them ready for Raw and Smackdown. He’d also recommend who needs more time and who is ready. In the past, the company has brought up some impressively looking guys early, given them big pushes and in some cases it has worked out well while in other cases it hasn’t, then they give up on them and you never hear about the guys again, or by the time they’re ready like a Chris Masters or a Drew Galloway, they’ve already been destroyed by the booking
Quote:
WWE has purchased the intellectual property rights to Lince Dorado from CHIKARA Pro, which came up with the character

• WWE announced they will be taping a new episode of NXT as part of Smackdown tapings next week.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 20th anniversary of The Rock's debut in the WWE. Rock made a "react" video about his debut a few weeks ago about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0-YFZHY9Uo
  • Observer recently speculated TNA might consider a deal to get Joey Styles now that they solved their money problems and possibly wanting some changes to their commentary team. They had the chance in 2014 to sign him but at the time Styles didn't want to quit his WWE website job.
  • According to the Observer, Emma is currently expected to be making her RAW debut by next month due to her being advertised for Christmas week RAW and house shows.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #493
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
After Raw television, as punishment for the incident with Jericho, Sin Cara was punched in the mouth by Jacques Rougeau with a roll of quarters, had Randy Orton shit in his bag, Curt Hennig shaved off his eyebrows, Seth Rollins leaked his nudes, and he was chased by Sycho Sid with a squeegee.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #494
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Way too waste money Vince!

Some fan's will cheer anything these days.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #495
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Styles would be a good get for TNA. Mathews and Pope are a pretty bad team. If they signed Styles I'd like to see him and Tenay at the desk but Josh Mathews would probably be put with him.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #496
Mr. Nerfect

They'd copy the WWE and do a four-man team. Josh Mathews, Pope, Joey Styles and they'd re-hire Taz or put Simon Diamond or Al Snow in there.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #497
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Only problem I have with WWEs 4 man team is they look silly crammed into a 3 man table. Need to make the table longer.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #498
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Lariat/Clothesline Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 11/17 edition of Impact did 336,000 viewers, up from last week's 319,000 viewers.
Quote:
Ring of Honor's three-show tour of the United Kingdom kicked off with a bang on Friday night in Liverpool with the ROH Wold Television Championship changing hands.

In his ROH debut, Will Ospreay captured the title in his home country by defeating Bobby Fish.

ROH announced last week that Ospreay and fellow English standout Marty Scurll had signed exclusive contracts with the company. Ospreay is scheduled to team with Scurll against The Young Bucks on tomorrow's show in Leicester before the two face off in an ROH ring for the first time as Ospreay defends the TV title against Scurll in London on Sunday.

Before the title switch, Fish was set to defend his title against CMLL star Dragon Lee on December 2nd at Final Battle in New York after Lee had defeated him in a proving ground match. Dave Meltzer reports that the Final Battle TV title match will now be a multiple person match involving Sunday's winner, Fish, and Lee at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Paul Heyman, The Dudley Boyz, Tommy Dreamer and Taz filmed a ECW-centric roundtable discussion special discussing the original Extreme Championship Wrestling this past Tuesday in Wilkes-Barre, PA. We are told that WWE filmed several hours of content which will be edited down into a shorter special. Corey Graves hosted. WWE is toying with when to debut the special and may actually, if editing is done in time, debut it as soon as this coming week.
Quote:
As reported in the Observer, Rush ended up being Tetsuya Naito's mystery partner in the New Japan tag team tournament which started this morning. They beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson in today's main event at Korakuen Hall on the first day. Today's show is up for free on New Japan World. Subscribers will also get every match of the tag team tournament as well as the complete cards on both late Saturday/early Sunday and late Tuesday/early Wednesday that were just added to the schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On his Facebook page, new WWE talent Tony Nese announced his final four independent dates:

Friday 11/18 - World's Finest Wrestling in Deer Park, Long Island.

Saturday 11/26 - New York Wrestling Connection in Deer Park, Long Island.

Saturday 12/3 - House of Hardcore in Waukesha, WI.

Friday 12/16 - House of Hardcore in Philadelphia, PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced today that Story Time, their new animated series, will debut this Sunday 11/20 following the Survivor Series PPV. The official announcement notes:

STORY TIME TO PREMIERE AFTER SURVIVOR SERIES ON WWE NETWORK

Story Time, a new animated short-form original series on WWE Network, will premiere this Sunday immediately following Survivor Series. Story Time paints an animated picture of some of the most entertaining stories in WWE, as recounted by the Superstars and Legends who lived them. As history is retold with imagination and illustration, these tales that took place behind the scenes and beyond the ring are finally revealed and brought to life.

Sunday’s episode will take a trip down memory lane with stories from Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Ron Simmons, Ric Flair, Bubba Ray Dudley, and Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts as they recall life on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News noted that the December 15, 1986 episode of Prime Time Wrestling has been uploaded to the service. This is the first episode added of the WWF television staple in quite some time. It could give some indication of what the next classic content drop may be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
James Ellsworth was spotted in Pittsburgh a few days ago, likely to do WWE medical testing to finalize his WWE deal. He's been pulled from th Big Event convention in NYC tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The sixth season premiere of Total Divas on E! on 11/16 garnered 724,000 viewers. That was way up from most of the latter half of season five, but way down from the season five premiere, as you can see below.

TOTAL DIVAS SEASON FIVE
Date Total Viewers
1/19/2016 1,115,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Is Lucha Underground renewed for a season four?

There has been no official announcement that the series has been picked up yet.

When celebrities appear at ringside for WWE, are they paid?

Not in most cases. They are either promotional appearances to promote a project or they have reached out to WWE to come as a guest and visit at the show, so WWE showcases that.
Highlights from a recent Q&A article PWI holds weekly.

Quote:
“I only remember one thing from that Cauliflower Alley show. I was wrestling Brian Kendrick on the show, and beforehand, we were talking backstage.

Brian turned and saw a skinny young wrestler doing a stretch on his back while kicking his legs over his head and leaving them there. Brian walked up to the kid, whom we’d never met before, and casually said, “Hey, you know that’s the best way to suck your own cock, right?” The kid was terrified as he watched Brian get down on the ground next to him and demonstrate the motions.

With that, Nick Bockwinkel—a wrestling legend and the man responsible for my winning the King of the Indies tournament—entered the room, dressed to perfection. Brian didn’t see him come in, so Bockwinkel saw the entire demonstration as Brian told the kid to just “let gravity do all the work.” Brian looked up just in time to see an appalled Bockwinkel shake his head in disgust and walk out of the room. I nearly fell over laughing.”
Wacky Brian Kendrick story from back in the day from Daniel Bryan's book.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:49 PM   #499
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Powerbomb Tuesdays:

Quote:
There’s a reason Goldberg was made to look so dominant during his return tonight at the Survivor Series … The Sheet has learned he recently agreed to appear in the upcoming Royal Rumble.

Sources tell us the 49-year-old made the deal this week that will see him participate in a Rumble match for the second time in his career. This year’s event is in January at the Alamodome ...

No word at this point as to whether any sort of WrestleMania match is in the works
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4WOnline
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported today that Bill Goldberg agreed to a deal this week to appear in more shows, which explains the finish of tonight's match with Brock Lesnar.

The story noted that Goldberg will be at the Royal Rumble at the Alamodome. The original deal was for only this one match, but Goldberg got over so well, as expected, that both sides made the decision to keep him going.

It would be expected that Goldberg and Brock Lesnar would meet at the Rumble, although that has not been confirmed at this point ...

There was a late odds swing in favor of Goldberg just before the show started which turned out to be smart money from people who knew the finish.
Quote:
Interest coming out of the Survivor Series pay-per-view led Raw last night to top the three million viewer mark for only the second time going against football this season.

Last night's show from Toronto did 3.04 million viewers, second to only the 3.13 million viewers on the October 17th show for the return of Bill Goldberg ...

The three hours of Raw were:

8 p.m. 3.14 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.10 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.77 million viewers
Quote:
Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch detailed ESPN’s upcoming 30 for 30 documentary on Ric Flair and spoke to the project’s director Rory Karpf. In addition to Flair and his three children, Sting, Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, Jim Ross, Eric Bischoff, and Flair’s first wife, Leslie were all interviewed for the documentary.
Link to the article from Sports Illustrated: http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/11...ll-mexico-city

Quote:
Jake Roberts recently appeared on Primo Nutmeg, and during the interview Roberts called WWE legend Honky Tonk Man a “real piece of s**t.” Below is what Roberts had to say about Honky Tonk Man:

Working with the Honky Tonk Man at the time was okay, but since then he has become a real piece of s*it, you know, because he’s trying to buy people’s names and own them, and if you try to use your name you would have to pay him. He has tried it with too many people now. He has a few names under his belt; he took The Patriot, he has the trademark registration, so now any money that is made by The Patriot, the money goes to him. He even tried that with my name–can you believe that? That scumbag piece of s*it also owns Jim Duggan’s name. I hate to be The Honky Tonk Man when Jim Duggan gets a hold of him. It’s not going to be pretty.

Honky Tonk Man responded on Twitter with the following:

@PeterBahi I decided not to trademark his name since I thought he would not live very much longer, investment would not be worth it!

— Honky Tonk Man® (@OfficialHTM) November 22, 2016
Quote:
Randy Orton and his wife Kim welcomed their new daughter into the world on Tuesday.
Quote:
Kota Ibushi talked about wanting to return to New Japan Pro Wrestling and challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, wanting to wrestle Shinsuke Nakamura in NXT, and being interested in what Kenny Omega is doing.
Link to the translated interview: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/800857607611162624

Quote:
Tommy Dreamer’s House of Hardcore promotion will broadcast three live events on FloSlam in December.
Quote:
Another promotion will soon be joining the World Wrestling Network roster on FloSlam.

It was announced on Tuesday that Gabe Sapolsky would be debuting a new promotion, called Style Battle, on the new streaming service at the beginning of next year. The promotion will feature a tournament on every show and Style Battle's premiere event will take place on January 7th at The Orpheum in Ybor City, FL.

Events for the new promotion will occur "almost monthly" and will be structured in seasons. There will be nine events in each season, with the first eight shows all featuring an eight-man single elimination tournament. The winners of those tournaments will then face off on the season finale to crown a winner.
Quote:
AT&T Uverse has picked up the El Rey Network so that will add a significant amount of new potential television homes for Lucha Underground. For people who look at success by just comparing total audience numbers, this should give the look of success, just as there are ways to say TNA ratings are up from last year since they are on a station with more penetration than they were last year.
Quote:
The WWE announced today a new Bella Twins YouTube channel, which will be built around fashion tips, travel, fitness and health. There will be daily videos with them, as well as John Cena and Daniel Bryan, Nikki will do live on the road videos, Brie will chronicle her pregnancy and putting together her nursery and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Despite publicly announcing that he and TNA had come to an agreement on their legal issues regarding the lawsuit he filed against TNA, Dixie Carter and others, the lawsuit Billy Corgan filed in the Nashville Chancery Court continues on.

On 11/14, the court issued an order extending the defendants' time to answer the lawsuit or otherwise plead in regard to the case until today, 11/22. The order noted that it was at the request of counsel for both Corgan and the Defendants and that the extension "further the interests of judicial economy and efficiency."

So, either the two sides have settled and it will be officially filed with the court today or the defendants will be filing some sort of official response to the case, such as a motion to dismiss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Wrestling DVD Network has a sneak peek of the upcoming "True Story of the Royal Rumble", featuring still images and an intro video, you check that out by going here. The DVD/Blu-ray is set for release next month in the US.
Link to the images and video: http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/s...entary/126659/

• During a recent interview on the MMA Hour podcast show, CM Punk revealed he's likley to get another MMA fight in UFC after a recent meeting he had with Dana White. Currently targeting the fight to occur either January or February at the earliest but also admitted he needs to improve training-wise if he wants to make that date possible. http://www.f4wonline.com/ufc-news/cm...-be-ufc-225061
  • Dean Ambrose and James Ellsworth were revealed to be this week's guest for ESPN's wrestling segment.
  • Apparently two refs from last night's RAW show had an incident happen after the show which needed a third ref to step in and defuse the situation. https://streamable.com/l6sn
  • WWE taped a new episode of NXT prior to tonight's Smackdown show.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:57 AM   #500
Black Widow

What a ridiculous ego Punk has but I'm all for seeing him embarrassed again.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #501
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Things to be Thankful For - Evil Bliss:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 11/22 edition of Smackdown did 2,505,000 viewers, down from last week's 2,725,000 viewers that episode 900 did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes
WWE Hall of Famer and recently-retired Sting was a guest on a recent edition of WWE Network’s ‘Legends with JBL‘ and had some very interesting and rather direct remarks when discussing a potential match with the Undertaker.

“Yeah, that’s the unfinished business. I’ve always wanted to have that match. I know wrestling fans have always wanted to see it too” Sting said when referring to a match with the Undertaker. Sting hinted that his career was ending in a way he did not envision it ending.

Sting also mentioned that he has been putting off neck surgery because it would mean the definitive end of his days in the squared circle.

“I am supposed to have surgery, but I’m having so many mixed messages out there. And the one thing I keep hearing is ‘if you’re not having side effects and you’re okay, then don’t do it.’”

It appears that there is more to the JBL interview, which caused quite a stir on the internet, in regards to Sting’s desires.

According to a source, Sting has been pushing WWE to allow him to compete in one last match and that match is against the Undertaker at WrestleMania 33. Sting has brought his request to the decision makers in WWE but it is unclear just how WWE will move forward.
Quote:
In an appearance on ESPN's 5ive Rounds podcast with Brett Okamoto and Brian Campbell, Conor McGregor's agent Audie Attar addressed the possibility that we could see McGregor make an appearance at WrestleMania 33.

Predictably, Attar said that they'd be willing to entertain offers from WWE if the financial terms are satisfactory.

"I think it's all about business, man," Attar said. "If they're going to come with an offer, we're willing to entertain it. We're here. So, have their people call his people -- which is me. And we can have a conversation."

Attar said that there haven't been any direct conversations with WWE or Triple H, but noted that they've heard rumors from other media members. Rumors of McGregor eventually appearing in WWE intensified when Triple H appeared at UFC 205 and spoke positively about McGregor in interviews. Dave Meltzer reported after the show that WWE is interested in McGregor making an appearance for the company.

When asked if an appearance would involve getting physical in an actual match, Attar said that would likely be determined by how big the offer is.
Quote:
Four matches were added to the TLC card last night with The Miz defending the Intercontinental Championship against Dolph Ziggler in a ladder match, Becky Lynch defending the SmackDown Women’s Championship against Alexa Bliss, Nikki Bella facing Carmella in a no DQ match, and Baron Corbin vs. Kalisto in a chairs match.

American Alpha will face Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton next week with the winners getting a shot at Heath Slater and Rhyno’s tag titles at TLC. American Alpha won a six-team tag turmoil match to seemingly earn a shot at the titles, but were interrupted by The Wyatt Family after.
Quote:
The World Wrestling Network is creating a WWN Championship that will span their roster of promotions (including EVOLVE, FIP, SHINE, and the recently announced Style Battle). The winner will be crowned at this year’s WWN Supershow during WrestleMania weekend and the company will reveal details of a tournament to crown the first champion soon.
Quote:
ROH Television Champion Marty Scurll defending against Will Ospreay, Dragon Lee, and Bobby Fish in a four corner survival match is now official for Final Battle at the Hammerstein Ballroom on December 2nd. The show will also feature Cody Rhodes vs. Jay Lethal, Jushin Liger vs. Silas Young, and Colt Cabana vs. Dalton Castle in addition to the two top title matches with Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly and The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoes.
Quote:
Professional wrestler and singer/songwriter Jeff Hardy is set to release his new EP, entitled "Spawn of Me," on Black Friday (11/25). The EP will be Hardy's debut as a solo artist and will be sold exclusively on his newly launched webstore, JeffHardyBrand.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Kentucky Boxing & Wrestling Commission officially repealed a rule that required the immediate stoppage of professional wrestling matches if there was any blood (accidental or not) yesterday, paving the way for WWE to bring televised broadcasts and PPVs back to the State for the first time in years.

Obviously, WWE could not chance accidental blood causing the stoppage on TV, potentially ruining laid out plans, so the rule led to WWE only coming to the State with live events, leaving PPVs, Raw and Smackdown broadcasts to be held outside of Kentucky. The Rupp Center and The Yum! Center are already in conversation with WWE to bring televised broadcasts back to the State for the first time since 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Couple of Pro Wrestling NOAH notes:

NOAH held the Global League Finals (their version of the G1 Climax) show at Korakuen Hall on 11/23:

- Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith, Jr.) defeated Naomichi Marufuji & Toru Yano when Archer pinned Yano to become 2-Time GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Champions.

- Minoru Suzuki defeated Masa Kitamiya to win the Global League. After a confrontation where he challenged GHC Champion Katsuhiko Nakajima for the title at a show on December 2, Suzuki demanded Loser Leaves NOAH rules and said his "final timebomb" will go off.
Possible sign when Suzuki could be returning back to NJPW.

Quote:
Steve Corino will be finishing up with Ring of Honor in December, and will become a full-time trainer at the WWE Performance Center in January. Corino recently spent time at the WWE Performance Center as a guest trainer.
Quote:
In a bit of an odd move, WWE Story Time had a last minute edit that made the episode shorter. Clocking in at under twelve minutes, the episode was originally set to be fourteen and a half minutes long. So what was edited? As it turns out, a story on the Kliq was removed from the episode prior to it being released.

The Kliq chapter, titled “Day One With The Kliq” was Triple H telling a Kliq story from his first day riding with them. The story seemed relatively tame, certainly no more extreme than any of the other stories, so its removal is a bit surprising. The story did mention Sean “X-Pac” Waltman passing out, so perhaps alluding to him passing out from being on drugs is the possible reason, however even that feels like a stretch.
Link to the article: http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2016/1...om-story-time/

• ESPN had a recent interview with Goldberg about Survivor Series and his upcoming Royal Rumble match. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...nar-future-wwe
  • RAW's viewership for this week ended up having its numbers revised from the original 3.02-3.04 million average to now an official 2.99 million average for viewers. Still the 2nd highest watched show since football started although now only one week reached 3+ million during the same period.
  • NXT's The Revilval may or may not have some heat within the WWE due to recent tweets by Dawson during last night's Smackdown trashing their tag division. Road Dogg was among those upset and while Dawson later apologized, Road Dogg tried to claim he was only joking in anger when people got upset at him online. For some reference, Road Dogg is the producer and Creative boss for Smackdown.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:38 PM   #502
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Chairman of WCW:

Quote:
The feeling was that Goldberg returning as the Goldberg act from WCW in 1998, beating people in a minute with a spear and a jackhammer, was the way to go. Some have speculated that because Goldberg suffered a shoulder injury in doing a physical angle taking out security guards at the 11/14 Raw in Buffalo, that the quick match was to protect him. That’s wasn’t the prime reason at all for the quick match and it would have been the same match, injury or not, once the decision was made by both sides that the program would continue.

The feeling was that a normal-length, or even a shorter-than-normal length match between the two had risks. It could be a bad match. Or it could be an okay match, but then people would have seen it. Even if it was a good match, it wasn’t the Goldberg people remembered. Plus, McMahon has a huge financial investment in Lesnar and him losing a long, grueling match to Goldberg could hurt him, and while it may help Goldberg, it would build a rematch for a match people would have already seen.

The pitch was to present this as a fight. The announcers were told, unlike everything else on the show, to call it like a fight. The feeling is the audience was mature enough and had seen enough UFC to know that a fight can be short and explosive, and that’s not ripping off the public or making them dissatisfied ...

In the end, the short match was there because of the idea of not exposing Goldberg, and instead, taking him from being a one-time nostalgia act to the biggest modern star by doing something nobody else could do. But the other key was, and this is why Lesnar was on board and then some, is because Lesnar knew Goldberg was his biggest Mania opponent, and the match that benefitted Goldberg the most in getting over, also benefitted Lesnar the most ...

The idea here is that Goldberg is now 1998 Goldberg instead of a 49-year-old trying to for one night play 1998 Goldberg after following so many younger and better wrestlers, Lesnar lost on a fluke, and the people haven’t seen the match and it’s now bigger. Evidently the idea is, to avoid giving away the match, to put both of them in the Royal Rumble, where they can tease something and build heat for Mania. Goldberg negotiated what was said to be a phenomenal single event deal with WWE for Survivor Series, and we’re told at that price, he was very willing to do as many key dates as this run takes him and they want him for.
Some more details regarding why the WWE went in the direction it did for Lesnar-Goldberg at Survivor Series.

Quote:
We were told that several of the NXT match finishes were changed at the last minute. I wasn’t able to confirm which ones but from booking, since there were plans for Revival vs. TM 61 title matches on the Australia tour, it could be both of the tag match finishes.
Quote:
In today's unwise tweet category, Cesaro complained about not even being on the poster for May shows in Zurich, Switzerland, his home country. He failed to make the cut behind Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, New Day, Finn Balor, Charlotte, Sheamus, Sasha Banks and Roman Reigns. Also notable is no Chris Jericho.
Quote:
WWE Network also has a show called "The True Story of the Royal Rumble" at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Hopefully there is at least a mention of the San Francisco Cow Palace annual Battle Royal, or if even better, the Honolulu version.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling NOAH officially announced today the loser leaves town match between Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Minoru Suzuki for the GHC title for December 2nd at Korakuen Hall.
Quote:
Chris Jericho addressed why he wore a Sin Cara mask on this week’s Raw by calling it an “FU” to internet fans who think they know everything and claimed that him and Sin Cara are good friends and Sin Cara lent him the mask.
Link to the Talk Is Jericho podcast show where he mentioned it: http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program...93&pid=1692447

Quote:
Kit Parker Films has released a DVD called "Houston's Wrestling Spectacular, in which all the matches for the DVD were picked by the late Scott Williams, who grew up in Houston:

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Dick Slater (1982)
Jimmy Snuka vs. Ken Patera (1979)
Jack Brisco vs. The Spoiler (1979)
Dusty Rhodes vs. Ken Patera (1979)
Chavo Guerrero vs. Black Gordman (1981)
Dusty Rhodes vs. Ivan Koloff casket match (1980)
Dick Slater vs. Al Madril (19788)
Dusty Rhodes vs. Bruiser Brody (1977)
Bruiser Brody vs. Ivan Koloff (1980)
Tony Atlas & Tiger Conway Jr. vs. Tank Patton & Buck Robley (1981)
Johnny Valentine vs. Bull Curry (1966)
Bruiser Brody vs. The Spoiler (1979)
Figured that might be interesting for those who like classic era wrestling.

Quote:
For those keeping track, New Day breaks the Demolition record for the longest tag team title run in WWE/WWF/WWWF history on December 14th.
Quote:
Big Show did an interview and said he was down to 396 pounds, his lightest weight since 1995.
Link to the interview: http://wsvn.com/entertainment/wwes-b...estlemania-33/

Quote:
In an update on Steve Corino’s situation with Ring of Honor, Dave Meltzer noted in this week’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Corino isn’t officially allowed to negotiate with other companies or accept an offer until his ROH contract expires on December 31st. Corino recently spent time at the WWE Performance Center as a guest trainer.
Quote:
In the Observer this week where we talked about the ICW show and mentioned it may be the Dudleys last match together for a while because of Devon working as a producer for WWE, they are teaming up against War Machine on 12/16 for VIP Wrestling in Dallas at Gas Monkey Live. The show will also feature Michael Elgin, Matt Cross, Keith Lee, ACH, AR Fox and Marshall & Ross Von Erich.
Quote:
Leland Race is the 31-year-old son of Harley Race. Until recently they kept the relationship secret as Harley didn’t want anyone knowing his son was wrestling and wanted his son to make his name without using the name. He’s bounced around indies for years under the name Jason Jones in the Carolinas, as a guy trained by George South, and South was the only guy that Harley would allow him to tell that he was his son. Harley didn’t want him working in Missouri or Kansas until the last couple of years when he allowed him to use his real name on Harley’s indie shows and got him booked in Japan on this tour.
Quote:
James Gibson (Jamie Noble) recovered from the stab wounds enough to return to work on 11/14 and is back on the road full-time now.
Quote:
Orton had an orange bracelet on at Survivor Series for support of his nephew, five-year-old T.J., who is battling leukemia. We wish the Orton family nothing but the best. He got better news on 11/22 as his wife, Kim, gave birth to a girl, Brooklyn Rose Orton. Orton was given the week off but it could have been touch-and-go if she had given birth two days earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Is there any news on the recovery of Finn Balor? Could there be a surprise return at the Rumble match?

We have heard he would return in the first quarter of 2017. Obviously, the Rumble would be an awesome way to get him back into the mix, but we have not heard he will be returning that night, yet. There's always a chance.
From a recent Q&A article PWI does weekly. Rehabbed enough recently that he was able to appear and be involved a bit during a recent ICW event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
When asked if he would appear on the new season of Total Divas, the WWE reality series on E!, TJ Wilson aka WWE star Tyson Kidd responded:

I've been taken off the show by @WWE you'll have to contact them to figure it out. You won't see me once this season. It's all good https://t.co/0ClTebOSWn
— TJ Wilson (@KiddWWE) November 24, 2016

When a fan responded to Kidd, stating they hoped that the series' new season would provide an explanation as to where things stand with him, he responded:

Oh believe me I don't think they want my situation explained. I'll leave it at that for now https://t.co/2dzqZB7PSY
— TJ Wilson (@KiddWWE) November 24, 2016

Kidd has been out of action since being injured during a dark match on a WWE TV Taping back in June 2015. He later underwent surgery to fuse the C-1 and C-2 vertebrae in his neck.
There was a rumor a while ago about the WWE considering letting his contract expire quietly since they don't want to pay him more than what he is contractually owed at the minimum any more.

• For those interested, the Wrestling Observer is holding a Black Friday sale involving getting 1 month of exclusive Observer content for $4. List of everything included in the deal: http://www.f4wonline.com/news/f4wonl...nly-399-202426
  • WWE is currently holding a Black Friday sale on their online shop with discounts going as high as 75% off. http://shop.wwe.com/Home
  • According to PWI, the upcoming 205 Live cruiser show might not be an hour long as previously assumed since WWE's Network schedule has Talking Smack airing at 10:45pm.
  • In a "TNA Did You Know" type fact, TNA gave Kurt Angle a used Rolex watch as his gift for being inducted into their Hall of Fame. Comes from a recent Something to Wrestle Podcast show where Bruce Prichard revealed how cheap TNA is with their Hall of Fame festivities. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...x_for_his_hof/
  • According to the Observer, NJPW is currently in talks for Wrestling Kingdom 11 to be shown on ppv in the US. At the moment it is only guaranteed to be on NJPW World. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/s...46789167681536
  • According to PWI, WWE is currently considering Styles vs Taker for the WWE title at next year's Royal Rumble. Observer also reporting there are plans by the WWE for the match to occur at the Rumble and teasing it as a possible way to get Cena-Taker for Mania and for Cena's 16th reign.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #503
Mr. Nerfect

Harley Race breaking his son in the tough way.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:50 PM   #504
Mr. Nerfect

It's not my first pick for a match, but The Miz vs. Cesaro for the Intercontinental Title at least makes sense given current storylines.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:06 AM   #505
Black Widow

Being in Switzerland won't suddenly make Vince get a Cena like erection for Cesaro.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #506
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
He had Sascha lose the title in front of her hometown crowd and Cesaro thinks he should get extra attention just for being in his country? Good luck with that Cesaro; you may be technically right, but you aren't Vince McMahon right.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:18 AM   #507
Mr. Nerfect

No, but come on, the dude is the hometown hero. They've got Festus on the poster. "See WWE Superstars like Roman Reigns(TM), Seth Rollins(R), WWE Universal(R) Champion Kevin Owens, WWE Women's Champion Charlotte Flair(TM) and, hometown hero, "The Swiss Superman" Cesaro(TM) and many, many more *token black Superstars added here*"

I don't think you need to put the Universal Title on him or anything. Just give him a little hometown shine.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:20 AM   #508
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
No, but come on, the dude is the hometown hero. They've got Festus on the poster. "See WWE Superstars like Roman Reigns(TM), Seth Rollins(R), WWE Universal(R) Champion Kevin Owens, WWE Women's Champion Charlotte Flair(TM) and, hometown hero, "The Swiss Superman" Cesaro(TM) and many, many more *token black Superstars added here*"

I don't think you need to put the Universal Title on him or anything. Just give him a little hometown shine.
He will lose to James Ellsworth.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:26 AM   #509
Mr. Nerfect

Or Sin Cara, just to make the message clear.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #510
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

I think you took me wrong noid. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I just think Vince is too blind to see the obvious choice and the one much better one in terms of marketing besides. Cesaro should realize by now that just because something is a good idea in reality does not mean Vince sees it that way and that pointing out stuff on social media is a quick way to get put in the dog house. If he had any chance of making his point to management and getting things changed that chance is gone now.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #511
Mr. Nerfect

Oh, sorry, I completely agree with you too -- I caught the tone of your post. My response was more general like "Come on, Vince."
Old 11-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #512
Mr. Nerfect

Lol, Sin Cara:

Old 11-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #513
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Byron Saxton's joy of cereal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As we have noted previously on PWInsider.com, there has been talk of WWE producing a women's wrestling-centric series on the WWE Network, similar to the Cruiserweight Classic. There have been early plans to produce the series in early 2017, although no specific dates have been locked in. The early plans were to tape the series at Full Sail Live.

In recent weeks, WWE has reached out to a number of female talents who worked extended tryouts at the WWE Performance Center showing interest in bringing them into the WWE fold. While no one has been officially signed yet, there has been movement in that direction for a number of talents. Over the last 10 days we have heard from multiple sources there is great interest in Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee, Nixon Newell and Cheree Crowley aka Evie, as well as others.

PWInsider.com can also confirm that Deonna Purrazzo and Rachel Ellering's names have also been mentioned internally in regard to tournament plans.
Quote:
Anthem Sports & Entertainment and Billy Corgan announced a settlement in their legal situation. Anthem has paid an undisclosed amount to Corgan and in exchange Corgan has dropped his lawsuit against Anthem. The deal was largely agreed on a few weeks ago, but the final terms weren't settled until this afternoon. Corgan was quoted in the press release saying, "I'm pleased that an agreement is now in place that allows wrestling operations to continue. For my interest from the start was to provide support, be material or creative, to such a great roster and crew. And I plan on continuing in the business side of pro wrestling. I look forward to seeing where Anthem's leadership takes the company in 2017, and with them the best."
Quote:
Remember how when American Express sued TNA for not paying their bill to the tune of $269,049.50, the summons was served to a receptionist at TNA’s old office that they were evicted from months earlier? Well, that’s about to become an issue for TNA: This coming Wednesday, American Express will be in court arguing that they are entitled to a default judgment because TNA has not acknowledged the complaint. A default judgment is exactly what it sounds like, TNA losing by default. TNA has not filed anything in the case since it was fire filed back in July, and thus are currently listed on the court docket as having no legal representation recorded by the court.
Quote:
WWE Superstar Tyson Kidd says he’ll no longer appear on Total Divas … and Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned it’s because the company want details surrounding his injury to stay private.

Sources close to the situation tell us Kidd still hasn’t healed from the extremely serious neck injury he suffered last year and is still very much hurt, which led to WWE pulling him from the show.

Tyson tweeted last week saying he’d no longer be seen on Total Divas but didn’t explain why.

We’re told it appears as though the company is worried he’ll open up about the night of his injury — which Bruce Hart spoke about last year in an interview and accused WWE of treating the situation with negligence when it occurred.

Despite reports that stated otherwise, Tyson never denied what his family member said. He merely claimed to not have a close relationship with Bruce.

Now that so much time has passed though, sources with direct knowledge say Kidd wants to break his silence and talk about what went down … he just can’t due to his WWE contract.

WWE sources, however, say that the focus of Season 6 is on new cast members and their significant others who are currently on the roster — so the decision was made to not feature Tyson.
Update to recent Tyson Kidd issues with the WWE news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE has ended the run of their "WWE Superstars" series, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The series has been replaced by 205 Live, which will officially debut tomorrow and air live every Tuesday on the WWE Network after Smackdown Live goes off the air on the USA Network. Internally, the change is being seen as a way of replacing one series with another that will add greater value to WWE Network subscriptions.

Main Event, which had been taped on Tuesdays, will now be taped on Mondays prior to Raw going on the air.

The Superstars series was originally a syndicated show that launched in the late 1980s that later shifted over to the USA Network in 1996. Prior to the launch of Monday Night Raw in 1993, it was considered the primary series for WWF and was used to drive storylines directions. As WWF shifted focus to cable programming in the 1993, the series became more of a magazine style show reviewing recent events. The original incarnation ended its run in 2001 on TNN, which at the time was the home of WWF programming on cable.

The most recent incarnation was originally launched as an original series for WGN America in April 2009 as well as international syndication. In 2011, the series left WGN and was streamed online on the WWE website before settling into a home on the WWE Network when WWE launched its streaming service in February 2014
Quote:
The Spirit Squad‘s Kenny Dykstra has a little less to be cheerful about this holiday season … because the male cheerleader was fired from his day job for missing work to wrestle for WWE.

Sources tell us Dykstra was given the axe at the non-profit charity he was a director at due to missing an excessive amount of days. However, the 30-year-old was completely understanding.

The former tag-team champion returned to WWE last month and has been used regularly on SmackDown Live since re-appearing with his partner Mikey.

We’re told Kenny felt that missing work to try getting re-signed, as well as live out his dream once again, was worth the risk. Nothing official has been offered to him at this point in time.
Quote:
Sasha Banks won the Women's Championship for the third time after defeating Charlotte Flair in last night's falls count anywhere main event on Raw. Charlotte tweeted after the match: "You need a good opponent to see how far your limits go...to test yourself. Iron sharpens iron. I'm coming back for my crown. #Raw"
Quote:
Last week's Thanksgiving edition of TNA Impact was watched by 165,000 viewers
Lowest in the POP TV Era but also had a big excuse why.

Quote:
WWE and Snickers announced a deal where they will be the presenting sponsor of WrestleMania on 4/2 in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl.
Quote:
Moana, starring Dwayne Johnson, is projected to do $81.1 million over the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. It was the second largest five-day Thanksgiving weekend movie open in history. It's three-day weekend number is projected at $55.5 million. 72% of the audience was families and 34% were 12 or under.
Quote:
Chris Jericho says this run is his second favorite run of his career, behind only the Shawn Michaels feud.
From a recent interview Jericho had with ESPN. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...run-age-46-wwe

Quote:
Over dinner, McMahon made his offer clear to Race. $250,000 was his if he jumped to the WWF. Race knew what a coup this would be for McMahon if he acquired the services of the NWA World Champion. He also knew that McMahon would need his answer that same night. Despite the financial temptation, Race could not turn his back on the organization that had given him so much nor could he ignore his personal code of honor that demanded that he drop the title to Ric Flair as promised. Race told McMahon no, unaware that by now, McMahon was used to getting what he wanted. After the dinner, an irate McMahon launched himself at Race only to find himself caught in a crossface. Race was ready to snap McMahon’s neck but his wife provided the voice of reason that saved McMahon’s life
Wacky Vince story from back in the day.

• Ratings and viewership for this week's RAW has been delayed due to Thanksgiving related reasons.
  • Cody Rhodes ended up becoming GFW's new Nex*Gen champion during the weekend. https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/statu...73028759932929
  • Austin Aires was revealed to be part of the commentary team for WWE's new 205 Live show.
  • According to website Variety, John Cena recently got hired to be in the cast of a new film called "The Pact."
  • Lucha Underground announced Stardom's big star Io Shirai will be making her debut tomorrow for the company. WWE was recently interested in signing her and Kairi Hojo to deals before both rejected the offers. https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/statu...52750319853568
  • According to an announcement made by the host arena, WWE will be holding an Elimination Chamber ppv next year located in Phoenix, Arizona. https://www.facebook.com/tsrarena/po...738978067528:0
Old 11-30-2016, 12:46 AM   #514
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Can't wait to see the Japanese girls on LU.

Might go to Elimination Chamber also.
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:15 AM   #515
Black Widow

I could of sworn Mick said that match was the ending of this feud.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #516
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
We can confirm that WWE officials are planning on “raiding” Ring of Honor in early 2017 as many ROH contracts are set to expire on December 31st.

Money talks and WWE is hoping that an increase in pay will attract a few key talents and convince them to jump ship. WWE realizes that ROH is going to have offer serious money if they want to keep certain wrestlers around, which they’ve already been forced to do over the past few years. At the same time, WWE is wary about upping the pay-scale for WWE NXT too much.

Top tag team The Young Bucks are said to be #1 on WWE’s list right now.

It’s been reported how WWE has signed Steve Corino to work as a trainer at the WWE Performance Center once his deal with ROH is up next month. There’s hope that Corino coming into the company will also help attract some of the other ROH talents. The bottom line is that ROH will not be able to re-sign every talent and word is that they did not try to match WWE’s offer to Corino as they felt they could save the money for one of the other contracts that come up next month.

As expected, Triple H is the driving force behind the talent acquisitions as he feels they need to continue replenishing the NXT roster, especially for expansion in 2017.

December and January should be a very interesting time for many ROH talents."
http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/ww...ackstage-news/
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #517
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The End of Nashvember, Eve of Triplecember:

Quote:
This past Monday's Raw drew its best number since last month's return of Goldberg with an average viewership of 3.107 million viewers.

The viewership is the second best number since the start of the NFL season, trailing only the Goldberg return which did a virtually identical 3.129 million viewers.

The show opened strong at 3.163 million viewers and basically retained the audience throughout the entire show, doing 3.13 million viewers in hour 2 and 3.039 million viewers in the final hour, bucking a recent trend of a third hour drop.
Quote:
Tuesday night's episode of SmackDown was watched by 2.576 million viewers, up three percent from last week's total. It was the show's third biggest number since the start of the Fall TV season.
Quote:
Austin Aries joined the commentary team with Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves for 205 Live last night. He suggested possibly challenging for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at some point in the future.
Quote:
The TSR Arena in Phoenix, Arizona tweeted that Elimination Chamber is returning in 2017 and they’ll have details soon.
Quote:
Linda McMahon met with President-elect Donald Trump today. When asked if she would have a spot in his administration she said, “That remains to be seen. Stay tuned," The Hartford Courant has an article on the meeting.
Link to the article: http://www.courant.com/politics/capi...ion-story.html

Quote:
Will Ospreay will face Dragon Lee and KUSHIDA in a triple threat match at ROH's TV taping on December 4th in Philadelphia.
Quote:
Former WCW/WWE Superstar and Tough Enough trainer Bill DeMott sat down with Under the Mat Radio discussing such topics as, how he started using the moonsault, his thoughts on Brock vs Goldberg match at Survivor Series and his thoughts on Goldberg.
Link to the podcast show: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/underth...aughing-matter

Quote:
WWE RAW from 2010 is about three quarters of the way complete, so it could be finished as early as tonight or tomorrow if they pour in with episodes. 2011 needs nearly every episode to be uploaded, plus the three missing episodes from previous years due to copyright reasons that still need to be added. Still, it is very possible within the next week we see all of these shows get added to the service. If all of that happens, RAW will be considered completely available.
Some WWE Network news in regards to RAW's archives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWENetworkNews.com
In a WWE Network News exclusive, we can confirm that the WWE has obtained the Heartland Wrestling Association library. Or at least a part of it. The HWA served as WWE’s developmental territory for a brief time. And according to wrestling legend Les Thatcher, who worked with WWE to secure the library, ownership has been transferred.

More specifically, Les Thatcher told WWE Network News that the WWE purchased the entire HWA library from 2001 and 2002.. He went further and revealed that the WWE obtained 48 shows total in that time frame. This isn’t even close to being the entire library for the HWA, however it does cover a period of time from when the company was a developmental territory. As a result, video of HWA’s time as a developmental territory is now owned by the WWE.

Les would also mention that he’s not sure when or if the content would appear on the WWE Network. Naturally, this is up to the WWE. It seems likely it will appear in the future, however exactly when is anybody’s guess. Talent from that time period who could appear on the service in the future include Nick “Eugene” Dinsmore, Charlie Haas, 3 Count, Raven, former TNA star Shark Boy and even Ring of Honor’s Nigel McGuinness.

Other stars would later come out of HWA including Jon Moxley who became Dean Ambrose, Sami Callihan who had a stint in the WWE as Solomon Crowe, and Pepper Parks who currently competes in TNA as Braxton Sutter. Whether the WWE ever obtains footage from the period those individuals were involved is also anybody’s guess, however obtaining content from two years of the company’s history is certainly interesting, and the footage they obtained could very well end up being available on the service in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
At tonight's WWE NXT taping, there will be a three man booth for NXT TV as Corey Graves and Tom Phillips will now be joined by former NXT star Percy Watson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Sundance announced the entries for 2017's Film Festival. In the US documentary category is this film:

NOBODY SPEAK: Hulk Hogan, Gawker and Trials of a Free Press / U.S.A. (Director: Brian Knappenberger) — The trial between Hulk Hogan and Gawker Media pitted privacy rights against freedom of the press, and raised important questions about how big money can silence media. This film is an examination of the perils and duties of the free press in an age of inequality. World Premiere

The Sundance Film Festival begins January 19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE and Ric Flair have come to terms on a new contract and Flair will be a regular going forward on the Raw brand. His appearance on Raw this past Monday was actually added to the show at the last minute, just a few hours before they went on the air.
Quote:
RAW Superstar Bayley has been dating independent wrestler Aaron Solow and Women’s wrestling news site SquaredCircleSirens reports the couple was engaged early last week.

Solow is a high-flyer that served as as an “alternate” stand-by wrestler during this summer’s Cruiserweight Classic tournament. He participated in the ‘CWC Combine’ at the Performance Center, but did not compete in the actual tournament.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned The Young Bucks have been offered new Ring of Honor contracts … and this time, the company wants to lock them down for a few years.

Sources close to the situation tell us Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson were recently presented with awesome new contracts to stay with ROH and they’re currently mulling it over.

As we previously reported … the brothers signed a deal with the company last year that also allowed them to work for NJPW, PWG and overseas companies that didn’t interfere with ROH.

It’s expected that the Jacksons will make a formal announcement in the near future, but we’re told they do have other offers on the table right now. Their current deals expire December 31st.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:30 AM   #518
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
FYI, ITV is a UK TV free to air channel that is bringing back World of Sport.

Quote:
"WWE vs. ITV is already brewing behind-the-scenes. ITV has recently sent all their talent amendment to their contracts that wouldn’t allow anyone appearing on those shows to do television on major stations. Those contracts would not prevent the ITV talent from appearing for other companies, nor from appearing on iPPV or streaming services for other companies. However, the contracts would give ITV first dibs on the talent, similar to TNA. There is already talk of doing house shows if the first season is a success. If that’s the case, they would have the right to book the talent on their shows, and if the talent would have made other bookings on those dates, they would have to cancel.

WWE at the same time is starting to offer unique contracts to the key U.K. wrestlers who are marketable or have some name value that don’t already have deals. The deals were described as different from anything they’ve done in the past. These are not main roster deals, nor developmental deals. Those in the U.K., and for that matter even some in WWE who are friends with talent that have been offered the deals, have termed then “competition-killer” deals. They are low dollar guarantees, the talent would stay in the U.K. and be allowed to continue to work indies, but now would have a small cushion. The key would be in locking the talent down to where they can’t go to the ITV promotion, but would also not be allowed to appear for promotions like WCPW (a group that spends big money for foreign talent and does its own Internet weekly television show and iPPV shows), or with promotions that have streaming services. The contracts would give WWE the right to approve or not approve of their indie dates.

Some of the names offered deals are fairly well known in the U.K. hardcore community, while others really have no name value at all. Many had prior tryouts with WWE and they weren’t at the time interested in picking them up. A major percentage of those who tried out a few weeks ago at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow were offered these type of deals. It would enable the talent involved that is struggling to make a living in wrestling, most having other jobs, to have a little big of a cushion to pursue their wrestling, and since the dream of most is WWE since that is what they grew up on, there is that emotional leverage of a WWE offer as opposed to going with a small company with no stability or a newer company that may or may not have longevity.

The WWE has already asked for everyone’s names and started to do background checks, and have told people to clean up their social media accounts, but haven’t offered the actual physical contracts yet.

There are ideas hinted around, perhaps another television show featuring the contracted U.K. talent for that market only. The idea is that just being associated with a WWE product would increase the marketability of such talent on the U.K. scene.

At the same time, several of the key U.K. promotions have had contact from both FloSlam and WWE regarding being part of their streaming services. The key promotions, Revolution Pro, Progress, ICW and WCPW have their own streaming service. WCPW is backed by the What Culture site and thus has strong financial backing and thus would be unlikely to sign up with either side. Revolution Pro, which has some of the hottest and best action at its big shows, and uses top American indie wrestlers as well as stars from New Japan, would have at least some international appeal as a streaming show given both the names and in time, potential due to show quality. The thing working against anyone new getting past a certain level of exposure is that with the amount of product that WWE puts out, and it being the major league group, unless it’s someone who has no interest in WWE or lives and dies with pro wrestling, there aren’t enough hours in the day for even following another strong product.

At this point, neither the WWE Network nor FloSlam have reached a deal with any of the key U.K. groups. WWE did work with both Progress and Revolution Pro in qualifying matches for the Cruiserweight Classic.

At the ICW show in Glasgow, the WWE contracts were major talk, and the peer group pressure was to not sign with people calling them “mark deals,” with the idea that “They don’t want you, they just don’t want anyone else to have you.”"
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #519
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Olde Tyme British Artistic Combat gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
WWE may be planning to have Roman Reigns defeat Kevin Owens at Roadblock so he can use the Universal and United States titles to proclaim himself a “double champ” like Conor McGregor was for a short-time before UFC took his featherweight strap.
Quote:
Vince decided fairly recently that he does want hot Indies on the WWE Network. For a while there, they obviously didn't want that and, obviously, there's a lot of - it's interesting because a lot of Indies are doing their own stuff, obviously PROGRESS and Revolution Pro have their own streaming services.
Quote:
The situation between Kidd, Natalya, and WWE is (as Kidd's tweets implied) difficult. A lot of issues regarding the company's handling of both the match with Joe and the aftermath, Kidd's lucky to be alive and not in a wheelchair, and the feeling is the only reason he hasn't sued their asses yet is the fear of how they'd treat Natalya
Quote:
There's a ton of stuff going on this weekend with one of NOAH's biggest matches of the year, the Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Minoru Suzuki loser leaves town battle for the GHC title tomorrow at Korakuen Hall; Bellator shows on Friday & Saturday night on Spike; UFC on Saturday night with Demetrious Johnson defending the flyweight title against Tim Elliott, the winner of the Ultimate Fighter reality show; the NXT show in Osaka, Japan on Saturday with Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the title plus Asuka vs. Nia Jax, All Japan & New Japan tag team tournaments, ROH Final Battle tomorrow night as well as WWE's TLC PPV on Sunday.

WWE also has a major house show on Saturday night with the Raw brand at Arena Ciudad in Mexico City featuring Brock Lesnar vs. Rusev.
Quote:
While not official at this moment, plans have changed regarding early 2017 WWE PPV shows. Elimination Chamber on 2/12 in Phoenix was to be a Raw show and is now tentatively scheduled as a Smackdown show. Fast Lane on 3/5 from Milwaukee was to be a Smackdown show and now is tentatively to be a Raw show.
Quote:
The Philadelphia Flyers want their fans to stop imitating Ric Flair and going "Whoo" during the games.
Quote:
Carmella was bruised up from the brawl on Tuesday with Nikki Bella where Nikki potatoed her a few times.
Link from Carmella's Instagram account showing how bad it was: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNfCP4kgiA1/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA informed talents this week that they will indeed be taping at Universal Studios the week of 1/4-1/10 in Orlando, Florida. Based on the plan that was laid out to talents, it's going to be a pretty rough week that includes two days that will see the company do double tapings, which will bring them up to enough Impact Wrestling episodes through the end of March. Not even including Xplosion and 1-2 One Night Only PPV tapings, that's likely the most material any wrestling company would have filmed over the course of one set of TV tapings ever. That is going to be one tired roster at the end of that run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
Former WWE C.E.O. Linda McMahon did not get the Commerce Secretary gig from President-elect Donald Trump which had been rumored, but after a meeting with the WWE Hall of Famer in New York yesterday, she’s considered the front-runner to head the Small Business Administration in his cabinet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 11/30 episode of Total Divas on E! garnered 595,000 viewers. That was up from last week's 461,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those of you who subscribe to Hulu Plus, WWE 205 Live has been added to the service.

WWE Main Event will now debut on Hulu Plus on Thursdays going forward, moving one day later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Nia Jax will be challenging Asuka for the NXT Women's Championship this Saturday in Osaka, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In a matter of full disclosure, no one from TNA management, thus far, has wanted to respond to Billy Corgan's interview with PWInsider.com on record.

There may be good reason for that. On 11/29, Corgan's attorneys filed a notice in the Nashville Chancery Court that they were voluntarily dismissing his lawsuit against the company without prejudice, meaning that the lawsuit could always be re-filed down the line. In his interview with PWInsider.com yesterday, Corgan said that he has released all claims against TNA Impact Wrestling, Impact Ventures and Anthem Sports & Entertainment. So, that would mean he is still considering pursuing Dixie Carter and others legally. The lawsuit has yet to be officially dismissed by the presiding Judge.
Quote:
Matt Sydal (Matt Korklan) is expected to be released from Japanese prison on 12/6 and to be able to return to the U.S. and resume his career at that point. Sydal was arrested in late September for possession of liquid cannabis in a hidden pipe. He was convicted of charges in mid-October and sentenced to prison.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that TNA is looking at signing The Young Bucks to a multi-year deal. What hasn’t been reported is that ROH is looking at aggressively trying to keep the key talent at the end of ths year with the philosophy of trying to make ROH a destination for talent as opposed to a stepping stone to go to WWE. The belief is the top talent will be offered good increases, and the Bucks offer, which is a two-year- offer for both TNA and New Japan offer with a significant increase over the current deal, is the big one out there. The big question mark is Adam Cole, because WWE has wanted him for years, but his deal isn’t due until April.
Quote:
New signings have included Ariya Daivari and Mustafa Ali for the cruiserweight division. Also agreeing to terms is U.K. woman wrestler Nixon Newell, who still has to go through all the regular procedures and if all goes well, would be reporting to Orlando around April.

• In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, website Atlas Obscura had a recent article pinpointing to a match in 1925 between Ed “Strangler” Lewis and Wayne “Big” Munn as the origins of when wrestling became fake or fixed. http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...would-be-fixed
  • According to PWI, Triple H vs Rollins is currently set to occur at Mania based on recent plans by the WWE for the event.
  • Women's indie promotion Shimmer is currently dealing with serious financial issues according to the company's owner. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._having_money/
  • Observer recently debunked a story going around involving a wrestler named Leland Race being Harley Race's son nor does he have any connections to the wrestler.
  • Observer implied Eva Marie's status in the WWE likely is at its lowest since WWE hasn't even bothered to use her on house shows since her suspension ended in September. Not even bothering to use her whenever another Smackdown women's wrestler takes time off like Naomi recently for house shows.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:57 AM   #520
Mr. Nerfect

Emmalina is basically the Eva Marie gimmick, but with someone that can wrestle.