TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2018, 12:44 AM   #441
RP
Arya execute Littlefinger
 
RP's Avatar
 
Posts: 50,193
RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If she dont have a lawyer, something is seriously wrong here. If she does and that lawyer is letting her release her own statements, which appears to be the case, that lawyer is the worst lawyer of all time.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:49 AM   #442
RP
Arya execute Littlefinger
 
RP's Avatar
 
Posts: 50,193
RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
There should be lawyers coming out of the fucking woodworks to take this case if they think it's legit.


I dont think they thought it was legit.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 AM   #443
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Given that it is a he said/she said scenario, I don’t think many would think it winnable right now.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #444
Ruien
MVP Mark
 
Posts: 15,136
Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
If she dont have a lawyer, something is seriously wrong here. If she does and that lawyer is letting her release her own statements, which appears to be the case, that lawyer is the worst lawyer of all time.
You realize she would be represented by the DA? Why would she pay for a lawyer? Unless she was going to civil court paying for a lawyer is a waste of money.

Do you think 99% of people reporting crimes should not he taken seriously because they dont have a lawyer?
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #445
Savio
likes to have fun
 
Savio's Avatar
 
Posts: 42,628
Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Woman makes false rape/sexual assault accusations against 15 people

Statistically it's unlikely she is lying.
Savio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #446
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The stats don't lie, Savio.
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #447
Innovator
Inno Knows.
 
Innovator's Avatar
 
Posts: 42,522
Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #448
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And I do agree, of course statistically woman would not lie about rape. Why? Because lying about rape is fucking insane.

But statistically, Philomena HAS lied about rape and being pregnant, so statistically she herself is more likely to lie about rape.

Mind you, like Fan even pointed it out it certainly doesn't 100% mean she is lying. But compound it with a lack of evidence and a bunch of other funky shit that went down (ie. her former friend being like 'you did not get raped') the whole thing was fishy to begin with. She is obviously dealing with some kind of mental illness so hopefully she gets the help she needs.
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #449
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Well I guess this young lady is telling the truth about lying
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:12 AM   #450
Savio
likes to have fun
 
Savio's Avatar
 
Posts: 42,628
Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I feel like if someone has something to gain on lying about it they might do so.

Do I believe Bill Cosby raped 60 women? No. Do I believe he raped 59? Yes.
Savio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #451
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'd say Cosby has probably raped well over 100 women tbh
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #452
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
He's been a sexual predator pretty much his entire adult life by the sounds of it. fkn grawss.
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #453
#BrotherVito DELETED
President of Freedonia
 
#BrotherVito DELETED's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,329
#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BrotherVito DELETED makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fuck Bill Cosby
#BrotherVito DELETED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #454
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
hopefully he dies in prison. Preferably via shanking
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #455
Seph
Sky Cloth Demands Praise
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,280
Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seph makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Shanked by a penis, maybe.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #456
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
too old an wrinkly.
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #457
RP
Arya execute Littlefinger
 
RP's Avatar
 
Posts: 50,193
RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
You realize she would be represented by the DA? Why would she pay for a lawyer? Unless she was going to civil court paying for a lawyer is a waste of money.

Do you think 99% of people reporting crimes should not he taken seriously because they dont have a lawyer?
Yes i do. If you're not going for the money, you're dumb.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #458
RP
Arya execute Littlefinger
 
RP's Avatar
 
Posts: 50,193
RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think it's possible Bill Cosby made certain there was a single droplet of his cum in every Jello Pudding cup ever made.

We have all been raped by William Cosby.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #459
RP
Arya execute Littlefinger
 
RP's Avatar
 
Posts: 50,193
RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
You realize she would be represented by the DA? Why would she pay for a lawyer? Unless she was going to civil court paying for a lawyer is a waste of money.

Do you think 99% of people reporting crimes should not he taken seriously because they dont have a lawyer?
She's most likely not be represented because as far as I can see, no charges have been filed. But even is she was, what competent DA in this country would allow her to release her own statements?

None.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #460
BigCrippyZ
 
BigCrippyZ's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,366
BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
She's most likely not be represented because as far as I can see, no charges have been filed. But even is she was, what competent DA in this country would allow her to release her own statements?

None.
1. District and state attorneys don't represent criminal victims personally (they represent all the citizens of the state or district) and so cannot give legal advice to individuals, let alone control their conduct, regardless if they're criminal victims.

2. No attorney, whether they're representing a client personally in a civil or criminal matter, can control the conduct of their clients. Under the rules of professional conduct an attorney can only inform clients as to the likely consequences of certain conduct and advise for or against the client choosing to take certain actions or engage in certain conduct.

In this case, if she had one, the only thing this woman's attorney could do is inform her of the likely consequences of her releasing any statements, offer to write (or at least assist in writing, and releasing) a statement on her behalf, advise her as to whether or not she should release a statement, inform her that if she chose to ignore said advice, the attorney may choose to terminate the attorney-client relationship, and finally, if she did ignore the advice, the attorney could then actually take action to terminate the attorney-client relationship.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:06 PM   #461
Ruien
MVP Mark
 
Posts: 15,136
Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Never know if RP is being silly or just never received an education outside of a public school in Indy.
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #462
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Lawyers are considered bloodsuckers for a reason. They are like sharks in the water. If they smell blood, they swarm at it. This is a case that a lawyer should be swarming to take. Which leaves me with my original question. Who is her lawyer?
If lawyers are bloodsuckers, then why would they care if it were bullshit or not?
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #463
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
He's been a sexual predator pretty much his entire adult life by the sounds of it. fkn grawss.
Completely ruined Fat Albert for me.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #464
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
And I do agree, of course statistically woman would not lie about rape. Why? Because lying about rape is fucking insane.

But statistically, Philomena HAS lied about rape and being pregnant, so statistically she herself is more likely to lie about rape.

Mind you, like Fan even pointed it out it certainly doesn't 100% mean she is lying. But compound it with a lack of evidence and a bunch of other funky shit that went down (ie. her former friend being like 'you did not get raped') the whole thing was fishy to begin with. She is obviously dealing with some kind of mental illness so hopefully she gets the help she needs.
You're right, but why is it insane? It's not only a mental thing to lie about rape, or a moral thing, but a pragmatic thing. Look how quick people were to jump on anything that made her story appear to be shaky from a cohesive narrative perspective (which real life doesn't behave as anyway).

Argh, I know what you are saying in your second statement, but I just disagree. Not on the whole point. Has she lied? Sure. Is that awful? Sure. That's not the same as saying she is more likely to lie. It says something about her character as an even younger teenager, sure, but I don't know if it qualifies as a pattern of behavior or as something that discredits a claim. As I said to #1-wwf-fan earlier: If it were a choice between her and a unscrupulous individual and their stories were in complete contradiction to each other, I might be inclined to predict the honest person telling the truth whilst still doing an investigation. But, as cunty Savio seems to be relishing in doing, there are exceptions to everything. I know that when I was younger, my honesty paid off and got someone into trouble because they had a reputation of telling fibs. I'm ashamed of that to this day, but the amount of women who have lied about being raped and then get raped is probably significant enough within that marginal statistic to warrant not coloring all women who lie about rape once as women who lie about rape 100 times.

Does that make sense? I'm not saying she isn't lying because of stats. Please don't run us down that path again, because I am likely to get distracted by it, haha. My sole disagreement here is almost semantic (well, not really -- I can't think of the term I want though -- just woke up) on how we interpret statistics in this case. I think the position you're taking in this one, while I said I can understand it earlier (and I can), is way too absolute. And I think this is really our only point of contention, to be honest:

* Do you take a complaint from someone with a troublesome past with a "grain of salt" as #1-wwf-fan said, or do you take it seriously and let the falsehoods in it fall out on their own?

Personally, I go with the latter option, because I believe that false accusations are extremely hard to maintain, and that frankly the paranoia of men who worry about this does stem from misogyny in society and culture. As I said earlier, all you need is an alibi, another witness or some contradictory evidence (not as an onus, but as something that completely eliminates the accusation from the realm of possibility) and you've completely exposed someone as a felon. And that's a huge part of what makes lying about rape insane. Not impossible; just insane.

The problem with the grain of salt approach is that too many people fall through the cracks. People with rough pasts, substance abuse issues or that are simply coming up against a man that "couldn't/wouldn't do that." We know enough now that lots of the "couldn't/wouldn't" is bullshit, unfortunately. You don't need to change "innocent until proven guilty" in a legal sense, or shift the burden of proof. You don't need to throw everyone accused in jail on the assumption that the accuser is telling the truth because of stats (what a weapon that would be). It's just simply an attitude towards an accusation from the get-go. And to be perfectly honest, I think it's common sense: We'll treat it seriously.

I guess we depart further on where that serious line is. Some would have you believe that if you can prove she's lied about it in the past, then that's it. I don't agree with that for a second. Crying wolf and all that. And to be honest, and you used this word earlier, I think it's an intuition thing. What bothers me is a lot of people took the "what a liar" position as soon as this story came out (even before evidence of lying), which is gross to me. From what I've gathered about this case, in particular, Enzo had sex with a teenage girl that was drugged up, possibly because he was drugged up, and she went to the hospital and claimed later it was non-consensual after texting her friends about it. It's a fucking mess, but it's not not serious (what a serious sentence). Even without the claims of rape, it's still messy. I can completely understand why WWE has distanced themselves from this guy, and I'll take whatever shots at the company I can, but I think they are completely in the right on this.

To your original point: Will people always think of Enzo as a rapist? I can't speak for anyone else. The original surge here was counter to that and seemed extra focused on protesting Enzo's innocence because it was he said/she said. I think we're both talking about larger communities. Some might, I guess. But my feelings with this are dark because we just don't know. It's a situation we're agnostic on, and I think it's irresponsible for anyone to take any certain stance on it re: guilt versus she's lying. And I don't think proving her a liar proves she's lying about this. It proves that she is capable of lying, and that she has lied -- but that's like throwing a guy into prison because there was an armed robbery and he robbed a place a few years ago. It's just a bit short-sighted and tunnel-visioned for me in a ironic turnabout from what I've been accused of by assuming she must be telling the truth because stats don't support the claim that she's "probably lying." Which is not what I've said, by the way.

Do I think of Enzo as a rapist? An uncomfortable thing stemming from this is that I don't know how to think of Enzo. I'm not comfortable dismissing Philomena's claims, and I'm not comfortable saying "Yes, he definitely did." It's a suspect situation and there is a cloud over it. I can put it aside intellectually and when criticizing Enzo in the future, remember that it is there but not hold it against him like a conviction of which there was plenty of ample evidence. But it's also quite hard to ignore the whole mess and pretend that what obviously happened was that Enzo had consensual sex with a mentally stable participant and that everyone was happy and she had a mental break two days later and filed charges against him that we can all laugh at, ha-ha. I don't think it has to be one or the other, because it's one of those situations where it's not clearly one or the other.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:22 PM   #465
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
And I do agree, of course statistically woman would not lie about rape. Why? Because lying about rape is fucking insane.

But statistically, Philomena HAS lied about rape and being pregnant, so statistically she herself is more likely to lie about rape.

Mind you, like Fan even pointed it out it certainly doesn't 100% mean she is lying. But compound it with a lack of evidence and a bunch of other funky shit that went down (ie. her former friend being like 'you did not get raped') the whole thing was fishy to begin with. She is obviously dealing with some kind of mental illness so hopefully she gets the help she needs.
You're right, but why is it insane? It's not only a mental thing to lie about rape, or a moral thing, but a pragmatic thing. Look how quick people were to jump on anything that made her story appear to be shaky from a cohesive narrative perspective (which real life doesn't behave as anyway).

Argh, I know what you are saying in your second statement, but I just disagree. Not on the whole point. Has she lied? Sure. Is that awful? Sure. That's not the same as saying she is more likely to lie. It says something about her character as an even younger teenager, sure, but I don't know if it qualifies as a pattern of behavior or as something that discredits a claim. As I said to #1-wwf-fan earlier: If it were a choice between her and a unscrupulous individual and their stories were in complete contradiction to each other, I might be inclined to predict the honest person telling the truth whilst still doing an investigation. But, as cunty Savio seems to be relishing in doing, there are exceptions to everything. I know that when I was younger, my honesty paid off and got someone into trouble because they had a reputation of telling fibs. I'm ashamed of that to this day, but the amount of women who have lied about being raped and then get raped is probably significant enough within that marginal statistic to warrant not coloring all women who lie about rape once as women who lie about rape 100 times.

Does that make sense? I'm not saying she isn't lying because of stats. Please don't run us down that path again, because I am likely to get distracted by it, haha. My sole disagreement here is almost semantic (well, not really -- I can't think of the term I want though -- just woke up) on how we interpret statistics in this case. I think the position you're taking in this one, while I said I can understand it earlier (and I can), is way too absolute. And I think this is really our only point of contention, to be honest:

* Do you take a complaint from someone with a troublesome past with a "grain of salt" as #1-wwf-fan said, or do you take it seriously and let the falsehoods in it fall out on their own?

Personally, I go with the latter option, because I believe that false accusations are extremely hard to maintain, and that frankly the paranoia of men who worry about this does stem from misogyny in society and culture. As I said earlier, all you need is an alibi, another witness or some contradictory evidence (not as an onus, but as something that completely eliminates the accusation from the realm of possibility) and you've completely exposed someone as a felon. And that's a huge part of what makes lying about rape insane. Not impossible; just insane.

The problem with the grain of salt approach is that too many people fall through the cracks. People with rough pasts, substance abuse issues or that are simply coming up against a man that "couldn't/wouldn't do that." We know enough now that lots of the "couldn't/wouldn't" is bullshit, unfortunately. You don't need to change "innocent until proven guilty" in a legal sense, or shift the burden of proof. You don't need to throw everyone accused in jail on the assumption that the accuser is telling the truth because of stats (what a weapon that would be). It's just simply an attitude towards an accusation from the get-go. And to be perfectly honest, I think it's common sense: We'll treat it seriously.

I guess we depart further on where that serious line is. Some would have you believe that if you can prove she's lied about it in the past, then that's it. I don't agree with that for a second. Crying wolf and all that. And to be honest, and you used this word earlier, I think it's an intuition thing. What bothers me is a lot of people took the "what a liar" position as soon as this story came out (even before evidence of lying), which is gross to me. From what I've gathered about this case, in particular, Enzo had sex with a teenage girl that was drugged up, possibly because he was drugged up, and she went to the hospital and claimed later it was non-consensual after texting her friends about it. It's a fucking mess, but it's not not serious. Even without the claims of rape, it's still messy. I can completely understand why WWE has distanced themselves from this guy, and I'll take whatever shots at the company I can, but I think they are completely in the right on this.

To your original point: Will people always think of Enzo as a rapist? I can't speak for anyone else. The original surge here was counter to that and seemed extra focused on protesting Enzo's innocence because it was he said/she said. I think we're both talking about larger communities. Some might, I guess. But my feelings with this are dark because we just don't know. It's a situation we're agnostic on, and I think it's irresponsible for anyone to take any certain stance on it re: guilt versus she's lying. And I don't think proving her a liar proves she's lying about this. It proves that she is capable of lying, and that she has lied -- but that's like throwing a guy into prison because there was an armed robbery and he robbed a place a few years ago. It's just a bit short-sighted and tunnel-visioned for me in a ironic turnabout from what I've been accused of by assuming she must be telling the truth because stats don't support the claim that she's "probably lying." Which is not what I've said, by the way.

Do I think of Enzo as a rapist? An uncomfortable thing stemming from this is that I don't know how to think of Enzo. I'm not comfortable dismissing Philomena's claims, and I'm not comfortable saying "Yes, he definitely did." It's a suspect situation and there is a cloud over it. I can put it aside intellectually and when criticizing Enzo in the future, remember that it is there but not hold it against him like a conviction of which there was plenty of ample evidence. But it's also quite hard to ignore the whole mess and pretend that what obviously happened was that Enzo had consensual sex with a mentally stable participant and that everyone was happy and she had a mental break two days later and filed charges against him that we can all laugh at, ha-ha. I don't think it has to be one or the other, because it's one of those situations where it's not clearly one or the other.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #466
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ultimately, I agree with KIRA: I'm glad he's off my TV. In a joking way because he's a horrible wrestler. In a more serious way, because I think he's been clearly irresponsible with fame and his decisions and I, frankly, don't think he deserves it. And I don't think anyone owes it to him to employ him either. And that's not the accusations; I just don't think talent-based industries should be forced to hire specific individuals if their skills don't fit the role. I supported the WWE firing Emma, for example. In a deadly serious way, I don't want to see someone who might be a rapist on my light entertainment, sorry. I don't have to; you can't make me. I don't wish the Cosby shankings on Enzo, because I don't know, but I don't have to clap my hands and go along with his program until I do.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:23 AM   #467
SenatorJPO
Cheese Packer w/ MPA Deg.
 
SenatorJPO's Avatar
 
Posts: 24
SenatorJPO has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)SenatorJPO has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
I posted at-length about Enzo's accuser below the relevant news articles, but here's a "digest" of the main points that damage her credibility:

------
She wrote, "I'm married to a woman named Depression[,] & she is my lover... Most days[,] we just lay in bed & refuse to get up."

Does this woman have a real job?

(Other than her hobbies of Instagramming and fretting in-bed all day??)

Is she living on Social Security / disability insurance payments???

This apparent lack-of-work might account-for the allegations that she's making claims to try-and-get a legal settlement out-of Mr. Arndt.

Source: http://disq.us/p/1slqm3x

------
It certainly seems this woman had psychiatric issues -before- meeting Enzo Amore.

This woman sounds histrionic; and histrionic people tend to be more-suggestible than the general population.

If she spoke with a therapist during those 4 days between her encounter with Enzo and her report thereof, then it is plausible the therapist could-have asked leading questions and more-or-less suggested a more-sinister context than what actually transpired.

Cross-reference: false memory syndrome!

Sources: http://disq.us/p/1slqkaf
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur...kflannery.html
http://www.massey.ac.nz/~trauma/issues/1998-3/gow1.htm

------
Indeed, scientism better-serves the pursuit of justice than does hearsay.

Up-here in Wisconsin, the Department of Justice has hundreds of rape-testing kits that haven't been used, simply because the District Attorney's Office over-estimated the number of verifiable "violations" claimed.

These unverifiable allegations of, "He -touched- me!" is just another development of the "stranger danger" craze that emerged from anecdotal childcare scares in the 1980s.

Now, those children are grown-up but still imagining / fabricating transgressions.

Sources: http://disq.us/p/1sl62b4
http://www.aaets.org/article13.htm
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...sted/97243424/
SenatorJPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #468
BigCrippyZ
 
BigCrippyZ's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,366
BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorJPO View Post
"He -touched- me!"
is not hearsay. It is direct testimonial evidence from a person with first hand knowledge of the alleged fact being asserted.

A third party's statement of "She told me, 'He touched me!'" would be an example of hearsay if it was being used to assert the fact that he touched her.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #469
poopfromweiner dude
help
 
poopfromweiner dude's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,741
poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)poopfromweiner dude makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
thread is fucking lit still have to come back for pages 9-12 but get ur popcorn ready brothers we're debating rape accusations
poopfromweiner dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #470
The Dastardly One
Soundly defeated RP
 
The Dastardly One's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,982
The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A dastardly main event draw.
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #471
Switzerland
Neutral.
 
Switzerland's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,075
Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Switzerland makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I only do it for things I find particularly distasteful. Not just incorrect things, things I don't like, or things I disagree with. I'm glad Savio cared enough to share.
Noid has never neg-repped me.
Switzerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #472
xrodmuc316
 
Posts: 115
xrodmuc316 is "reptacular" (2,500+)xrodmuc316 is "reptacular" (2,500+)xrodmuc316 is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
There should be lawyers coming out of the fucking woodworks to take this case if they think it's legit.


I dont think they thought it was legit.
I think they are right, I didn't think it was legit either. Took 1 day for her friend to share that she was in a group text bragging about it.

Plus she already has told some big lies like when she lied about being pregnant.

As the old saying goes, don't cry wolf. Also don't brag about banging somebody then come out later and say it was not consensual.
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #473
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
Noid has never neg-repped me.
You've always been on the right side of history.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #474
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
A dastardly main event draw.
You just had to slip your name into the marquee, didn't you?
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:18 AM   #475
DAMN iNATOR
#BROKEN News
 
DAMN iNATOR's Avatar
 
Posts: 30,642
DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
You just had to slip your name into the marquee, didn't you?
But did the marquee consent to that?
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:30 PM   #476
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 43,279
Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They were both drunk. It's fine.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®