TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 07-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #2081
The Dastardly One
ABT's Tampon Salesman

The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Dastardly One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
lol Roman being on tv every week is what's leading to him getting booed.
The Dastardly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #2082
Slik
Trickster Demon

Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
THE BIG DOG
Slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #2083
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRA View Post
Lol wow. The disconnect between Vince McMahon and his audience is unreal
Vince is either stubborn, an idiot, or both, and I don't tend to think of him as an idiot.

If you treat your consumers as if they're stupid, by giving them a product that they'd essentially have to be stupid to enjoy, like the current WWE writing, etc., then the consumer's that have more options and exposure to other products, which "younger" people typically have more of, are going to eventually move on to a different product.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #2084
#1-wwf-fan
1-0 in TPWW real fights

#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-wwf-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Breaking news: WWE nominated for 0 Emmy's.

Time for Kevin Dunn to upgrade the free video editing software he has on his laptop and shake the camera more.
#1-wwf-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #2085
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)BigCrippyZ has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #2086
Emperor Smeat
Royal Meatball

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Nothing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Martha Hart has responded to Bret Hart’s allegations that she is erasing the memory of her late husband.

The press release stems from a recent Bret Hart interview on CBS Sports' In This Corner podcast where he said that he felt Martha had done more to erase Owen Hart's memory than to preserve it.

“I think Martha, Owens’s widow, she is a very obtuse, square-headed person,” he said on the podcast. “I think she’s done more to erase my brother Owen’s memory than she ever did to remember him. I think it really bothers me that the fans that loved Owen so much don’t get a chance to remember him.”

Martha issued a press release yesterday defending her decisions, saying that she does not want WWE profiting off of Owen, as she blames the company for his death.

“Bret’s comments are rooted in the fact that I have steadfastly refused to work with the WWE to exploit Owen’s image for commercial gain,” she says in the release. “Owen was an incredible entertainer and I know that his many fans around the world enjoyed his wrestling career immensely. I encourage them to continue to do so. But I am firm in my belief that the WWE was responsible for Owen’s death. As a result, I cannot and will not support any efforts by the WWE to profit from Owen’s memory.”

“Bret Hart's comments are disrespectful and cruel,” she continued. “It is disappointing that so many in the media have chosen to report them without seeking my perspective.”
Link: https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wres...ism-her-261541

Quote:
Brock Lesnar’s next WWE match is set for next month’s SummerSlam event.

Dave Meltzer has confirmed that Lesnar will be back in the ring for WWE’s premiere summer show. It isn’t known who he will face. A five way elimination bout was originally set for Extreme Rules that would have determined the next contender for the Universal title, but that was cancelled. Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, who were the first two announced for the bout, will instead battle in a singles match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Indies Roundup:
Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW) have officially announced the return of international wrestling, TV and pantomime star Grado on night 2 of their annual Shug’s Hoose Party weekend event on 28-29 July 2018. The event will now take place at the legendary O2 Academy in Glasgow after a fire caused the closure of the city’s O2 ABC, the original venue for the event.

The ROH Dojo is proud to announce its affiliation with four of the top, internationally-recognized wrestling schools in the world. The World Famous Monster Factory, Team 3D Academy, Maryland Championship Wrestling, and the Power Factory will provide a pipeline of talent and well over 150 years combined in professional wrestling among their trainers and lineages.

While Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Tetsuya Naito were listed, it was somewhat notable that the other member of NJPW’s big four, Kenny Omega, wasn’t advertised along with them when ROH and NJPW announced their April 6, 2019 G1 Supercard for Madison Square Garden. It seems obvious that Omega will be added if he re-signs with NJPW.

Hangman Page is the seventh announced entrant for ROH’s International Cup tournament, joining Jimmy Havoc, Joe Hendry, Mark Haskins, Kip Sabian, Jonathan Gresham, and Christopher Daniels. There’s only one name left to be announced. The tournament has a United Kingdom vs. United States theme and will take place on next month’s Honor Re-United tour shows in Edinburgh and Doncaster, with the winner challenging for the ROH World Championship in London on August 19.

Santino Marella tweeted that his daughter is training to be a pro wrestler: “Today was day one of me overseeing my daughters training personally and acting as her head coach, @WWEPerformCtr is our goal for 2019”
ROH: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...emies.html?p=1 , ROH Cup: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ca...world-champion , Santino: https://twitter.com/milanmiracle/sta...59193903079424

Quote:
With the high ticket prices, this weekend's NJPW show was almost surely the largest or second largest gate ever at the Cow Palace, as the old record gate was set with 9,000 paid and 11,000 total but lower ticket prices for the 2004 No Way Out PPV where Eddy Guerrero beat Brock Lesnar to win the WWE title. WWE continued to run the Cow Palace as a regular rotation arena through 2012, and only hit 7,000 fans, roughly the same as this show, once since then.
Quote:
According to the story, the feeling from the FOX side is the signing of Smackdown guarantees them good Friday night ratings for five years. We’ve spoken to some in television who question that, citing the numbers have fallen this year and Tuesday is a much better night to draw. They will do significantly better than they do now, simply because the move from cable to network makes the show available in 20 million more homes and it’s on a station with a much larger base audience. That should more than offset the losses of moving to Friday. The hope is solid 3 million to 3.5 million viewers. Whether that’s doable at first is a question, and at that point the key is whether, if numbers across the board continue to fall, if Smackdown falls at a slower or a larger rate than television at large. The belief is that with it being live, the drops over the five years will be smaller, and thus from a competition standpoint, it becomes more valuable.
Some more details regarding FOX & Smackdown that Slik posted earlier.

Quote:
GLOW season two on Netflix has been a huge success. On the first three days the show was put up (6/29 to 7/1), the season averaged 700,000 viewers in the U.S. per episode, and 86 percent were between 18 and 49, the highest concentration of 18-49 viewers of any original streaming content on Netflix that Nielsen has analyzed. It also had viewership where the mean (meaning half above and half below) family income was $80,200 per year, the third highest of any Netflix series behind only “The Crown” and “House of Cards.” This is the opposite of the actual pro wrestling audience, although GLOW is not a pro wrestling but is considered by many one of the best television/streaming shows there is with the backdrop of the characters being woman wrestlers. Season two is said to be similar to season one, which several publications called one of the best television shows of 2017. Kia Stevens (Awesome Kong in TNA), a regular cast member, got great reviews for her work this season.
Quote:
When talking about buildings that ROH or nobody but WWE can get, it appears the Staples Center in Los Angeles is another one. Cody noted this past week that he had tried to talk with them about hosting All In and was pretty much told that they weren’t interested in any wrestling that wasn’t WWE.
Quote:
While Rey Mysterio has not signed with WWE, the discussions are close enough that they’ve talked about what commitments he has and doesn’t have left. All In is obviously a key thing. For obvious reasons, because of the nature of the show, he wants to do it and for the same obvious reasons, they would rather he doesn’t do it. He also wants to drop his Crash heavyweight title, which right now is most likely to be to Bestia 666, since that’s the direction it looks like it’s going, if he signs.
Quote:
Jim Ross & Paul O’Brien are working on a second biography, the sequel to his “Slobberknocker” book, which would cover 1999 to the present, which includes a ton of things including his being phased out of full-time announcing, his working for WWE and New Japan at the same time, and of course, the death of his wife. Speaking of Ross, the fact he wasn’t placed as an announcer for the Mae Young Classic (which he did last year) or the U.K. show (which he did the first time) seems to indicate he’s probably not going to be doing lead announcing much if any going forward for WWE.
Quote:
Garza Jr. and Ultimo Ninja were both supposed to have started here already at the same time as Keith Lee and Io Shirai, but actually haven’t because visa issues have to be taken care of. But they should be starting soon

We heard there was interest in Lacey Lane but not sure if it’s just as someone for the Mae Young Classic or for a developmental deal, but her name was being talked about
Quote:
Goldberg did an interview and said that nobody has contacted him about doing anything since his match with Lesnar. He said he was never asked about doing WrestleMania this year. He said he talked to Vince about the Hall of Fame, since he went on last and the place emptied out. He said it was a disservice to the people being inducted and it was a disservice to the fans at home. He said before fans wanted to be entertained at wrestling but now they want to dictate what happens. He said some fans are poison to the rest of the fans and said it’s not fair to the guys who bust their ass and are on the road away from their families trying to entertain the fans. He said he’s be interested to come back to face either Reigns or Undertaker, but that’s not up to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful.com
Paul Heyman could be back working with WWE in a backstage capacity, if their own internal documents are to be believed.

Heyman is currently serving as the "advocate" for WWE Universal Champion, but that hasn't exactly kept him on television much these days. Lesnar instead has focused on his quest for another UFC Championship, appearing at UFC 226. It doesn't appear that this has prevented Paul Heyman from dipping his toes back in the WWE waters.

Fightful.com was informed on Monday afternoon that the former ECW owner and Smackdown Live head writer Heyman was backstage at WWE's show in Boston.

WWE had Paul Heyman listed on their production script as contributing to multiple segments on the show. He was listed alongside several writers, including Ryan Ward in putting together the opening live show of WWE Monday Night Raw that featured Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns' face-to-face backstage. In addition, Heyman was also listed for Bobby Lashley's "live shot" during segment 8, which aired after the Bo Dallas vs. Matt Hardy match.

Heyman was listed under "Road" which is a road writer, along with several others. There was also a name under "home." When asked for clarity about this term from a person familiar with it, they said "writers at home will be sent assignments to write scripts for an interview or backstage altercation and then fire it back to their point person in the trenches."

Fightful.com reached out to both WWE and Paul Heyman for comment or confirmation on the matter, but were told that Heyman would rather not comment, and WWE opted to instead ask me about the document as opposed to addressing the question, with one source telling me it could have been an error.
Link: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/e...nes-raw-monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
On the latest episode of the Pancakes and Powerslams Show, I had the pleasure to speak with Associate Producer of the new documentary, "350 Days", Evan Ginzburg. Among many other films, Ginzburg was also the Associate Producer of "The Wrestler", which was instrumental to him landing his role for 350 Days. Ginzburg was in charge of bringing in the 38 wrestlers who were a part of the documentary, which featured Bret Hart, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Lanny Poffo, Greg Valentine, Paul Orndorff, and others, with many conducting their last interviews before passing away ...

Among various topics, Ginzburg discussed the origin of the Hulk Hogan character. While many are aware that Hogan and others admit that their character was inspired from Billy Graham, Ginzburg explained that it goes even further back than that.

"[Hogan] had unbelievable charisma," said Ginzburg. "I mean, you'll never mistake Hulk Hogan for Lou Thesz or Billy Robinson, but the charisma was off the charts. Much of what Hogan took was from Billy Graham, who's one of the stars of the movie. Billy Graham.. I'll tell you the lineage; people are not really aware. Muhammed Ali went to a radio station. By sheer coincidence, he was on the same station as Gorgeous George. Muhammed Ali was very quiet, he was Cassius Clay at the time. Very quiet and soft spoken.

"And Gorgeous George was like, 'kid, you gotta hype it up. I'll show you how to move tickets.' And Muhammed Ali was like transfixed by the charisma that Gorgeous George had. So then you had guys like Billy Graham who patented themselves after Muhammed Ali! Okay? And then Hogan and [Jesse] Ventura stole half of Billy Graham's act, okay? So, there is a lineage there, and it's an interesting lineage that people aren't really aware of."
Link: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...he-characters/

Quote:
Jeff Hardy spoke to the Canton Repository about toning it down on house shows and doing the swanton bomb less because his lower back has been hurting him: “Lately, my lower back has really been bothering me to the point where I haven’t been doing the swanton as much in the live events just to protect it. I think looking forward I’m gonna have to be more like that, because nothing lasts forever. I’ve been real lucky, and naturally on TV I always want to go all out, but in the live events, I might have to hold back a little. I’m glad my face paint has come back. That’s always fun for people to see, because it’s original and unique each and every night, and I love doing that. Growing up I was a huge fan of Ultimate Warrior and Sting, and I wanted to be a little bit of both of them.” Hardy has been using a Twist of Fate that ends like a stunner as a finisher lately.
Link: http://www.cantonrep.com/entertainme...rify-audiences

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Maria Kanellis recently revealed on Instagram that she is heading to WWE's PC next month to get back into shape for an in-ring return within the near future. https://www.instagram.com/p/BlEiM1OhtIv/
  • According to the Observer, Tessa Blanchard's deal with Impact Wrestling was reported to be 2 years in length.
  • According to rumors going around the net, another indie wrestler is currently dealing with sexual harassment allegations this time involving leaking nude photos of female co-workers. The wrestler involved is named Joey Axl and already has been kicked out of two previously booked events as part of the fallout so far. Will Ospreay recently started a online campaign to get the wrestler kicked out of the industry. https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/stat...05889025667073
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Brock Lesnar (41), Sami Zayn (34) and Shane Helms (44) all celebrated their birthdays today.
  • Recent episode of the Ross Report podcast show had Josh Barnett as the guest talking about NJPW's G1 Special in San Fran and Ross' recent rib injury. https://omny.fm/shows/the-ross-repor...-of-br#sharing

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:55 AM   #2087
Noid
01/05/08

Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Children and young people are not as fucking stupid as WWE thinks. They make the classic mistake of thinking that kids will fall for pantomime as if it is real. More kids were watching during the Attitude era when things were "cool." Good television should be their priority; not stupid television that they think will appeal to kids, but is really only watched by the people who formed their habits and fandom long ago.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #2088
Emperor Smeat
Royal Meatball

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by El Idolo Appreciation Day:

Quote:
All In has their broadcasting team set for the upcoming September event.

Their Twitter account today revealed that their broadcasting team will comprise of Impact backstage interviewer Alicia Atout, Impact and New Japan color commentator Don Callis, former WWE backstage interviewer and announcer Sean Mooney, ROH announcer Ian Riccaboni, PWG announcer Excalibur, ROH ring announcer Bobby Cruise and former WWE ring announcer Justin Roberts. It wasn't announced what roles each would have on the broadcast, though the Young Bucks did ask Don Callis to do announcing when they made him part of All In last month during a New Japan's Dominion event.

Cody Rhodes talked to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio this past weekend about distribution methods for All In. Rhodes mentioned that there would be both internet streaming and pay-per-view options. Despite that, no specific details have been announced as of this writing.
Link: https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/stat...76659180134406

Quote:
With four more wrestlers being announced today, the lineup for this year's Mae Young Classic continues to take shape.

As expected, Io Shirai will be one of the participants in the tournament. After it was reported that she was signing with WWE, Shirai departed Stardom in June and then made an appearance at a WWE house show in Tokyo, Japan, where it was announced that she would be joining NXT this summer ...

Nicole Matthews, an indie wrestler from Canada who was an alternate for the first Mae Young Classic, will be an entrant this year. She began her in-ring career in 2006 and has long been a regular for Shimmer in the United States and ECCW in Canada.

Jinny, who recently signed a United Kingdom-brand contract with WWE, will also be taking part in the Mae Young Classic. She's PROGRESS Wrestling's current Women's Champion.

Rounding out today's announcements, former "American Ninja Warrior" standout Kacy Catanzaro has been confirmed for the tournament. She made her debut at an NXT house show in April after signing with WWE in 2017 and reporting to the Performance Center this January.

Kaitlyn, Rhea Ripley, Shirai, Matthews, Jinny, and Catanzaro are the first six wrestlers to be announced for the tournament, which will be taped at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida on August 8 and 9. There will be 32 participants in total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 7/12 edition of Impact did 284,000 overnight viewers, up from last week's 304,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Anymore on why MVP was released from Major League Wrestling? Kind of a tough blow for him to be pretty much dominated in his feud against Sami Callihan then be released.

No one at MLW has been willing to comment on the situation.

When WWE performers appear at comic-cons, are they paid by the con or WWE?

Unless they have it in their contracts that they can make outside appearances, it usually goes like this: the third-party bringing in the talent books them through WWE, then pays WWE. WWE pays the talent.

When Smackdown goes to FOX, why are they saying it will be part of FOX Sports?

It will air on the FOX Network (the same network that airs the Simpsons, etc.) but they are being placed under the FOX Sports umbrella, nothing more.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
On Jim Ross’ podcast this week, he provided an update on his rib injury from this past Saturday at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Ross bruised the left side of his ribs and lung, which also caused some issues for his sternum with concerns about contracting pneumonia. As a result, he missed two appearances this week with one scheduled Asheville, North Carolina for the Headlock for Hunger organization of which Ross is a spokesman. Ross was also scheduled to appear in Knoxville, Tennessee for Glen Jacobs’ mayoral race in Knox County. Josh Barnett was a guest on the show and felt they were being disrespected during the sequence with Jay White throwing Juice Robinson into the guardrail that led to the injury to Ross. Ross and Barnett confirmed that the two apologized afterward and were sincere, with Barnett added that he gave them a lecture. Barnett called the ring crew’s lack of care for the set up “a gross oversight” and cited the timekeeper who had the guardrail come down directly on his knee in a separate incident.
Quote:
Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff spoke to the New York Post on the promotion running Madison Square Garden over WrestleMania Weekend. Koff stated that there was “correspondence” between ROH and Madison Square Garden since the date was pulled last month. On the Garden’s change in stance regarding ROH running the building, Koff stated:

I think that’s a question better asked of Madison Square Garden because we were very aggressive in wanting that date and we thought we had that date, but we did what we had to do as a business. [MSG] did what they had to do as a business and I guess all of a sudden there was a phone call and we were able to work it out. That’s probably their story to tell because they made the call and said let’s get on the phone and see if we can work this out. They wanted us. They knew that we would be good promotion. I think they were just looking for a satisfactory outcome for all parties.
Link: https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/why-ww...enge-it-at-msg

Quote:
Lucha Underground saw an enormous increase this week with 156,000 viewers watching Wednesday’s episode on the El Rey Network, up from 88,000 the prior week. This week’s episode featured Mil Muertes defeating Cage for an Aztec Medallion, as well as The Mack and Ivelisse securing medallions. The closing scene featured the first appearance of Killer Kross, who instructed Paul London to murder Mascarita Sagrada, and he obliged so it appears the Mascarita Sagrada character has been written off.
Quote:
Impact Wrestling has added a 5150 Street Fight between the two versions of LAX as well as a singles match between Tessa Blanchard and Allie for the Slammiversary card next weekend in Toronto. Below is the updated card:
*Austin Aries vs. Moose for the Impact Wrestling title
*Su Yung vs. Madison Rayne for the Knockout’s title
*Matt Sydal vs. Brian Cage for the X Division title
*Tommy Dreamer vs. Eddie Edwards in a House of Hardcore Match
*Sami Callihan vs. Pentagon Jr. in a Hair vs. Mask Match
*LAX vs. LAX in a 5150 Street Fight
*Johnny Impact vs. Fenix vs. Rich Swann vs. Taiji Ishimori
*Allie vs. Tessa Blanchard
Links: https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...61242855096320 , https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...81895150985216

Quote:
A new Table For 3 episode with Eric Bischoff, JBL and Bruce Prichard will air on the WWE Network after Monday's RAW goes off the air. Below is the synopsis for the thirty-minute episode:

"Former adversaries turned allies Eric Bischoff, JBL and Bruce Prichard debate 'War' stories, trade insults, and pay respect to one another."
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans if Ronda Rousey should get a RAW Women's Title with the winner of Sunday's Extreme Rules match between Nia Jax and champion Alexa Bliss. Rousey will be at ringside for the match. As of this writing, 64% voted, "Yes. Her first opportunity was interrupted, and she should get another chance." The rest went with, "No. She only got the first match so quickly because Nia challenged her, and she should work her way back up for the next one."
Quote:
WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry and NWA owner Billy Corgan are wrestling stars that have been announced for the Concussion Legacy Foundation's inaugural National Advisory Board. WWE, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have worked close with CLF, which was co-founded by former WWE Superstar Christopher Nowinski, and Triple H is a Board member. You can read more from CLF at the link below:

NEW: We're proud to introduce our inaugural National Advisory Board! Read up on @TheMarkHenry, @brandichastain, and the Hall of Famers, Olympians, Philanthropists, Business Executives and many more who are helping us lead toward a safer future: https://t.co/oNvQ3QNtUy pic.twitter.com/hLcTzb3xwX
— Concussion Legacy Foundation (@ConcussionLF) July 12, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/ConcussionLF/sta...27905478463491

Quote:
The top ten most-watched shows for the past week on the WWE Network were: 1. Table for 3 for Bliss, Stratus and Lita; 2. NXT from 7/4; 3. 2018 Money in the Bank; 4. Something Else to Wrestle with from 7/4 on Rock; 5. Ride Along with Kay, Royce, Rusev, English and Lana; 6. Hardys Woken; 7. 2017 Extreme Rules; 8. 205 Live from 7/3; 10. U.K. from Royal Albert Hall day one

Old 07-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #2089
Noid
01/05/08

Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Noid makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So Paul London is a murder...the signs were always there.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #2090
Noid
01/05/08

I hope they don't fuck around with things too much and have Io Shirai take the Mae Young Classic. When they do the inevitable match with Kairi Sane, it'll have that story behind it.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #2091
Emperor Smeat
Royal Meatball

Dirtsheets sponsored by B Team Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Whether it was curiosity coming off the Extreme Rules pay-per-view, or more likely, over Brock Lesnar and the Universal title, Raw rebounded strongly last night to 2.86 million viewers, a 16 percent increase from last week even going up against the Home Run Derby, which traditionally has hurt Raw numbers ...

The three hours for Raw were:

8 p.m. 3.12 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.86 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.62 million viewers
Quote:
During an appearance on “Conversations With Maria Menounos,” Charlotte Flair said she expects to be cleared to return on July 31 after undergoing surgery for her breast implants rupturing. Charlotte worked through the issue before having surgery.
Link: https://youtu.be/FF71dj5zKEw

Quote:
Corey Graves tweeted that WWE Shop won’t be releasing the “Shut up, Saxton” T-shirt that they had already put up: “Sorry guys, no #ShutUpSaxton shirt. Out of my hands. We tried.”
Link: https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status...79389789392897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
The FIght Network, which Anthem Sports & Entertainment (the parent company of Impact Wrestling) owns, will have a daily block of programming on Showcase TV in the UK starting at 9 p.m. every night. That will include Impact airing on the channel at the same time as it does on Pop TV in the United States, along with replays on Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m. Impact’s UK and Ireland Twitter account tweeted that the show will still be airing on 5Spike as well.

PROGRESS Wrestling revealed that, due to his commitments with New Japan Pro Wrestling, Zack Sabre Jr. won’t be able to wrestle at their Wembley Arena show on September 30. Sabre had been scheduled to challenge for the PROGRESS Championship in the main event. NJPW’s Fighting Spirit Unleashed show will take place in Long Beach on September 30, and Will Ospreay also had to be pulled from the PROGRESS card because of it.

Jimmy Havoc vs. Christopher Daniels, Mark Haskins vs. Jonathan Gresham, Joe Hendry vs. Hangman Page, and Kip Sabian vs. Flip Gordon will be the first round matches in ROH’s International Cup tournament in Edinburgh and Doncaster next month. The winner will challenge for the ROH World Championship in London on August 19.

Marty Scurll vs. Kenny King, Karen Q vs. Jenny Rose, and Jay Briscoe vs. Christopher Daniels have been announced for ROH’s TV tapings at Center Stage in Atlanta this Saturday.

Evolve has announced for 8/4 in Philadelphia Matt Riddle vs. Shane Strickland for the Evolve title, Joey Janela vs. AR Fox in a non-title match, Darby Allin vs. Austin Theory and JD Drake vs. Jon Davis vs. Odinson vs. Josh Briggs.

Kotto Brazil vs. Myron Reed has been added to Thursday's MLW show in Queens, NY at the Melrose Ballroom.

Impact Wrestling has announced that Curtis Granderson of the Toronto Blue Jays will be appearing at Slammiversary this Sunday as the ‘title holder’ for the main event between Austin Aries and Moose. The co-promotion with the Blue Jays will also include John Hennigan throwing out the first pitch at this Sunday’s game against the Baltimore Orioles at the Rogers Centre.
Quote:
In major wrestling news since it involves ROH TV exposure, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai said he has serious concerns about the Sinclair Broadcasting merger with Tribune Media and that the agency would not approve it. They felt that they had an issue with Sinclair selling a number of stations but retaining control of those stations. The decision surprised a lot of people. Those opposing the merger have the votes to keep it from happening. Had the merger gone through, Sinclair would have owned 215 stations in 102 markets, and would reach 59 percent of the country. The FCC has ruled that one company can only have local stations covering 39 percent of the country, so they were selling 23 stations to keep under that number, but the deal means they would still control the stations they were selling. The merger not being approved blocks ROH from television in places like New York, Chicago and Los Angeles unless things are amended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
ROH updated their Honor Reunited lineup for 8/16 in Edinburgh, Scotland at the Corn Exchange:
*The Young Bucks & Marty Scurll vs. Punishment Martinez & The Briscoes.
*International Cup Quarter-Finals:
*Flip Gordon vs. Kip Sabian.
*Adam Page vs. Joe Hendry.
*Christopher Daniels vs. Jimmy Havoc.
*Also appearing are Tenille Dashwood, Viper, Mark Haskins, Jonathan Gresham, Kay Lee Ray, Chardonnay and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
And will he keep the same direction on where the company is going or will he have his own vision?

I have said MANY times that anyone that is expecting WWE to become NXT if/when HHH takes over will be very disappointed. That won’t happen. But, what I do expect to happen is for more logic to come to the product. I also expect that there will be more explanations to things, as opposed to now when we are often expected to just accept things that often make no sense. So I expect a tighter, more logical product, but one that stays within the kid friendly confines that they are in now. And you know what? That’s OK. The Simpsons has been on for years because kids like it and their parents do as well.
From a recent PWI weekly Q&A article.

Quote:
Christopher Jeter at FanSided has a piece on the WWE’s choice to get back into business with Hulk Hogan. Jeter looks at the many troubling portrayals of African-American performers in the past, as well as other minority depictions. In addition, there are the examples of others within the company using racist language either on camera or behind-the-scenes, with the Michael Hayes incident from 2008 one of the most prominent. During a WrestleMania after party, Hayes made a joke towards Mark Henry that included the n-word that was highly offensive and resulted in Hayes being suspended. Hayes also lost his title as an Executive but remained with the company.
Link: https://dailyddt.com/2018/07/17/wwe-...ng-infuriating

Quote:
This past Sunday’s episode of Total Bellas from Paris dropped 17% with 594,000 viewers watching on E! The show was based around Nikki Bella’s bachelorette party where they traveled to Paris. It was a sizable drop from the 719,000 viewers the week prior. While there was a WWE pay-per-view airing at the same time, the show didn’t experience any viewership drop last month on the night of Money in the Bank.
The Nikki-Cena breakup stuff has been mostly a dud in terms of interest for this season and probably not what WWE, E!, and/or the Bellas were expecting coming into the season. Probably didn't help that Nikki "spoiled" the story by getting back together with Cena right before the season started making the whole thing feel fake.

Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans if Ronda Rousey will honor the last week of her suspension in order to keep the SummerSlam match with RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss. As of this writing, 60% voted, "Yes. She won't risk her Raw Women's Title Match." The rest went with, "No. She wants to fight Alexa Bliss and won't be able to stop herself."
Quote:
WWE is looking at adding more episodes of Mid-South Wrestling, WWWF All-Star Wrestling, and WCW Saturday Night to the vault over the next few months, according to PWInsider. The plan is to add the rest of those series before they start adding other classic series. They are also planning on adding up to 75 hours of additional WWF Coliseum Home Videos from the 1980s and 1990s, mainly some of the old VHS titles that were focused on various stars. They originally planned to add 75 more hours of WCW Saturday Night to the vault this month but that was delayed for more episodes of Sunday Night Heat to be added.
Quote:
Above is a promo for new content on the WWE Network - Camp WWE, Ride Along, The Edge & Christian Show, Table For 3, Story Time, a WWE 365 special on WWE Champion AJ Styles, a WWE 24 special on Ronda Rousey, The Mae Young Classic, Elias Unplugged and more.
Link: https://youtu.be/XMyANfNPTyI

Quote:
There was speculation on James Ellsworth's WWE future after Asuka destroyed him following her loss to SmackDown Women's Champion Carmella at last night's WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Ellsworth is not currently signed to a WWE contract and is still booked for indie dates. Ellsworth was not offered a contract with the recent return at Money In the Bank.

• Recent episode of The Steve Austin Show podcast had Joey Janela as the guest. https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Bad-Boy-Joey-Janela
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 7th anniversary of Money in the Bank 2011 event which saw CM Punk defeat John Cena for the WWE Championship in Chicago and "walk out" of the WWE.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 30th anniversary of Bruiser Brody's murder in Puerto Rico at a wrestling event. During an interview with Hannibal TV earlier this year, Tony Atlas shared his memories of being backstage during this infamous incident. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-brody-murder/
  • WWE recently denied reports of Hulk Hogan's recent apology backstage to the locker room being taped for a future WWE Network special.
  • For those interested, PWI recently released an article about Hogan's apology to WWE's locker room and why he shouldn't be quickly forgiven. Went into details on how Hogan can actually rehab his image besides just doing PR fluff. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...k-yet.html?p=1