TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 02-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #1
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Cool What we know about Nintendo's next system(s) - NX

So I'm ripping this off from another forum, but there's a lot of information here. Sounds like there might be a home console then a handheld that streams from the console, but this is what we know:

1. Nintendo merged their handheld and console systems, now known as the "Integrated Research & Development Division" Or IRDD. This is headed by Genyo Tekada, the Senior Managing Director

2. Iwata's first mention of a new project that will feature unified architectures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwata on Jan 31st, 2013

"Last year we also started a project to integrate the architecture for our future platforms. What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform. They will also work to avoid software lineup shortages or software development delays which tend to happen just after the launch of new hardware.

Some time ago it was technologically impossible to have the same architecture for handheld devices and home consoles and what we did was therefore reasonable. Although it has not been long since we began to integrate the architecture and this will have no short-term result, we believe that it will provide a great benefit to our platform business in the long run. I am covering this topic as today is our Corporate Management Policy Briefing."
3. Another mention of the architecture by Iwata, and how he wanted to take advantage of what they've done Wii U's architecture but not actually reuse it. Also expressing dissatisfaction with the effort needed when porting Wii games to 3DS and 3DS games to Wii U as a reason to do this. Also mentions how when this happens. consoles and handhelds will no longer be different, but like brothers in a family of systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwata on Jan 30th, 2014

"For example, currently it requires a huge amount of effort to port Wii software to Nintendo 3DS because not only their resolutions but also the methods of software development are entirely different. The same thing happens when we try to port Nintendo 3DS software to Wii U. If the transition of software from platform to platform can be made simpler, this will help solve the problem of game shortages in the launch periods of new platforms. Also, as technological advances took place at such a dramatic rate, and we were forced to choose the best technologies for video games under cost restrictions, each time we developed a new platform, we always ended up developing a system that was completely different from its predecessor. The only exception was when we went from Nintendo GameCube to Wii. Though the controller changed completely, the actual computer and graphics chips were developed very smoothly as they were very similar to those of Nintendo GameCube, but all the other systems required ground-up effort. However, I think that we no longer need this kind of effort under the current circumstances. In this perspective, while we are only going to be able to start this with the next system, it will become important for us to accurately take advantage of what we have done with the Wii U architecture. It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately. When this happens, home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems."
4. Iwata's comments about the above being compared to Apple and Android.

Quote:
To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models.
5. The NX is announced and is the codename of "a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept", with more information to be shared in 2016.

6. Iwata also announced a new "membership service" that they're working with DeNA on that encompasses NX alongside Wii U, 3DS, mobile devices, and PC's and will form one of the "core elements" of the NX.

7. Iwata discussed about Nintendo "internally analyzing what hurdles exist" to the removal of region-locking for the NX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwata on May 8th, 2015

"My understanding is that it is not realistic on the existing video game systems because unlocking them after they are already on the market poses a number of hurdles. On the other hand, regarding NX, we understand that many consumers hold such opinions and such suggestions exist in the market, and although we have nothing concrete at the moment, we are internally analyzing what hurdles exist to lifting region locks. That is the situation right now. We acknowledge your request, and I personally want to give it positive consideration."
8. Games-wise, originally Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest XI were officially confirmed at the Dragon Quest XI unveiling event by the producer. However, Square-Enix afterward claimed this is only merely a "consideration"

9. Wall Street Journal reported that Nintendo has already shipped NX dev kits to certain 3rd-party developers, and that sources claim the NX will likely feature both a console and a handheld unit that can be used together or on the go for separate use, and use "industry-leading chips" after "criticism that the Wii U’s capabilities didn’t match those of competitors"

10. The Nintendo Account system was announced.

11. Topic 6 was addressing the recently announced My Nintendo membership service.

12. Miyamoto ponders making on game that runs on both a console and a handheld.

Quote:
Certainly from a development standpoint there is some challenge to it, because if you have two devices that have different specs and you're being told to design in a way that the game runs on both devices, then that can be challenging for the developer—but if you have a more unified development environment and you're able to make one game that runs on both systems instead of having to make a game for each system, that's an area of opportunity for us."
13. Shinya Takahashi says that Nintendo wants to make the NX exciting by looking at the perspective of the players.

14. Miyamoto has confirmed that he is taking a step back from NX's development after having a large hand in both the Wii and Wii U's development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto on June 23rd, 2015

“I’ve pulled myself back out of some of the hardware section and I’m really focused on some of the software that I’m involved in—for example, the new Starfox game,” he says. “Of course I am observing and looking at the hardware, but I am not actively participating and making decisions.”
There's another bit that says it won't use the Wii name (thank fuck) due to confusing about the Wii U possibly being an add on. Lot of shit there, but it's enough to get me excited thinking that Iwata was and Nintendo is looking at the right things where they need improvement... Well, other than smartphone inspiration.

Long post I know, but this is the shit that happens when I have to take holiday to use up and I'm waiting for XB1 games to install.

#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:51 AM   #2
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Is there any legitimate source of a lot of the rumored info (console running at 900p, for example), or just people with too much time on their hands?
road doggy dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah my friends we asking if the Wii U was an add on or a new system. Didn't know how widespread that issue was.

merging the hand held and home consoles will be pretty cool.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by road doggy dogg View Post
Is there any legitimate source of a lot of the rumored info (console running at 900p, for example), or just people with too much time on their hands?
So there was a survey sent out to some people that mentioned it, but it was just a screenshot with no other context. It's legit but a) it doesn't mean it's what they're doing and b) it could be anything.

For me, if it is in the console in some way, I reckon it's for streaming to the handheld. At 900p and 60fps streaming, that's better than PS4 to the Vita. I'll see if I can find that shot again.

EDIT: Here we go

If the console can output at 4k (although never expect any games to run at that resolution, will be for Netflix and the like), there's no way games would be locked to 900p. It'll be up to the developer as it is with the other systems.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #5
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Nothing, YET, screams anything "new & exciting". It sounds more like they have finally realized they need to "catch up" with other consoles.

If they do this well, I may be purchasing my first Nintendo home console since N64.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #6
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Nothing, YET, screams anything "new & exciting". It sounds more like they have finally realized they need to "catch up" with other consoles.

If they do this well, I may be purchasing my first Nintendo home console since N64.
I'm just hoping it's at least a smidge more powerful than the XB1/PS4. I mean, Wii U games done by Nintendo look fantastic already as their art style manages to hide the technical shortcomings. But if they had the most powerful console on the market with their usual high standard of games... Oh baby.

The speculation too is that the console will launch this year, then the portable will follow so we should find that out at E3. Hoping that the streaming to the optional portable is the gimmick and that the standard box is just a regular old console.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #7
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Agreed on all points there. My XB1 does well for the entertainment medium of the household, though my son has my 360 in his room for the same thing.

He and my wife are HUGE Mario fans, so they would absolutely love it as well.

Now, if they get the hardware right, let's hope they follow up with a Metroid title worthy of the name. Hell, I would be down for a classic-type Castlevania at this point too. The 3d ones felt too "DMC" for my liking. Not knocking DMC, but it simply isn't Castlevania.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #8
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Cool

Defo need a new Metroid. Not been a total fan of the Prime series but adore the 2D ones.

Forgot to mention that Nintendo has a patent on a controller that is all screen, but has buttons within the screen itself, which is a bit weird.

Quote:
The patent suggests a few uses for this tight melding of physical controls and touchscreen display. Virtual buttons could be placed on the touchscreen right next to the thumbpads, for example, providing context-sensitive inputs that change throughout the game. In-game items might be used simply by touching them, or music notes could fall directly into the thumbstick areas in a music game.

The touchscreen can also provide a "guide image" in "help mode," according to the patent, telling players the function of each thumbstick and button right next to where they are in real space. A circular menu could be placed around the thumbsticks as well, allowing for different options to be chosen directly with different tilts of the thumbstick; the patent spends a lot of time describing a quick-entry hybrid keyboard that could work in this way.
For me, I hope it's something they've just been playing around with. I'm not a fan of touchscreen buttons and much rather have the real thing.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #9
drave
In His hands...

You know.... a 3rd person Metroid with a Gears of War// Mass Effect 2/3 style could be very interesting.

Obviously things would have to be scaled up a bit with the over-the-shoulder perspective to keep the environments true to the series, but it could be possible. Hell they could even have a 2nd PoV kinda like Prime when you would switch to the morph ball.

Add some "rpg" elements to it outside of just finding gear. Say you get the freeze beam - then you have traits to add to the freeze beam or something. It could give players a way to play "their own way".
Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #10
drave
In His hands...

Touchscreen buttons are the worst.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ugh forgot about that pic of that controller
Old 02-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Lightbulb

Quote:
You know.... a 3rd person Metroid with a Gears of War// Mass Effect 2/3 style could be very interesting.

Obviously things would have to be scaled up a bit with the over-the-shoulder perspective to keep the environments true to the series, but it could be possible. Hell they could even have a 2nd PoV kinda like Prime when you would switch to the morph ball.

Add some "rpg" elements to it outside of just finding gear. Say you get the freeze beam - then you have traits to add to the freeze beam or something. It could give players a way to play "their own way".
That'd be pretty hot.

Thinking about the survey picture again and if it's what's in the box and they go with a sensor bar, we'll likely have backwards compatibility all the way back to the Wii. That would be good and bad as it's great to have all that on one console, but then we have PowerPC architecture again which could put any 3rd parties off if they've got x84 on PC and the other consoles.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #13
drave
In His hands...

still using powepc
Old 02-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #14
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Red face

Quote:
still using powepc
You never know, MS figured out emulating PowerPC on their system.... Not that I can see Nintendos software engineers working it out.

They probably have a huge stock of unsold Wii U CPUs though since it bombed comparatively to expectations, so maybe the first revision of the console will have that chip in it and the graphics will likely be AMD again since it has been from the Gamecube and they're keen to have those ideas, so it might not be PowerPC... Here's hoping anyway.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #15
drave
In His hands...

Even if they could figure it out, a big reason I haven't bought a Nintendo console is because of shit games outside of marquee titles (anything Mario, Zelda, you know the ones). Don't care for Pokemon AT ALL or many of the games they came with.

Just hope if they do stick with PowerPC they don't get shafted by game devs.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #16
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

Pokemon main series is pretty much limited to the handhelds
Old 02-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #17
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Red face

I think that at this point, you have to buy a Nintendo console just for Nintendo games. Even with the Wii being so popular, 3rd party games barely sold. I have a shitton of Wii U and 3DS games so don't regret buying either, but I can see why they would combine their home and handheld consoles. There's occasional game droughts and having all teams concentrate on games for both platforms should get rid of that. Splatoon was a hell of a release, so hopefully they focus on that and not shit Amiibo led games. I don't mind Amiibo generally, but shit like Animal Crossing board games can fuck right off.

Speaking of, just bought Xenoblade Chronicles X. Need a nice long JRPG with FUCKING MECHS.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #18
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Laughing

Quote:
Pokemon main series is pretty much limited to the handhelds
Yeah, but if the handheld and console are combined, we might finally have a full console Pokemon too.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #19
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

That would be awesome. Pokemon Stadium NX confirmed 2017?

Old 02-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #20
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Want a new metroid game so bad. At this point I don't care if it's in the classic 2d style or Prime style first person.

Other M can go fuck itself though.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #21
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

but Samus is a woman and thus must be sensitive
Old 02-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #22
drave
In His hands...

They could EASILY make a 2D Metroid and it would be ridiculous. Did anyone play the recent-ish Strider?

That game is super fun and looks beautiful, especially fighting the gravitrons or w/e they are called.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #23
drave
In His hands...

Quote:
but Samus is a woman and thus must be sensitive

Zero Suit Samus don't GAF - at least in Smash!
Old 02-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #24
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dunno if I should be excited or facepalming/SMDH @ sensor bar being used with this upcoming console.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #25
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
4K gaming console or gtfo.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #26
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

Wii U came with a sensor bar that is 0% required to play any current-gen titles. It's for backwards compatibility with Wii discs. I fully anticipate the same situation for this newer console.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #27
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Remember being stoked when I saw that came with the wiiu. Thought for sure that'd be a seperate purchase.

Good thing EA doesn't make consoles. System would come with no controllers or hard drive, but you could by an 800 dollar season pass for all hardware.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #28
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

Bi-monthly firmware update for only $35!
Old 02-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #29
drave
In His hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
4K gaming console or gtfo.

It already exists
Old 02-04-2016, 02:22 AM   #30
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Red face

After buying all the Smash DLC for Wii U and 3DS, I'm so ready for the Nintendo Account. Was far too long inputting all the 3DS codes.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:41 AM   #31
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Wii U came with a sensor bar that is 0% required to play any current-gen titles. It's for backwards compatibility with Wii discs. I fully anticipate the same situation for this newer console.
Maybe...hadn't thought of that, so naturally it raised an eyebrow.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:49 AM   #32
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hasney View Post
After buying all the Smash DLC for Wii U and 3DS, I'm so ready for the Nintendo Account. Was far too long inputting all the 3DS codes.
Imagine if there's a traditional set of next-gen consolex to follow PS4 & XB1 that you could log in to either or both using either traditional u:/pw: PLUS some kind of biometric as like a n additional optional thing, or just having them do away with u: & pw: systems (they do seem pretty archaic) for a biometric log-in/out system, such as retina scan, or maybe tapping a designated spot on your controller or console for "digital fingerprint" kind of thing.

Dunno how practical any of that would be, but hey, it's a thought.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #33
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hasney View Post
YUP

How much were Corrin/Bayonetta? I hadn't checked yesterday. Gotten all other DLC to date (minus a couple stages and all the Mii costume garbage), feel like my costlay ratio for Smash is really bad compared to something like Pokemon Shuffle
Old 03-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #34
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Thumbs up

Nintendo might be funding development of Beyond Good and Evil 2 like how they did with Bayonetta 2
http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nin...medium=twitter
Old 03-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #35
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Still need to play the first one. Has a pretty huge rep.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #36
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Thumbs up

Foxconn told investors that things are quiet right now, but the second half of the year will be busy with producing the iPhone 7, next Surface tablet... And the Nintendo NX. Called out by name.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:44 PM   #37
The Rogerer

The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I finished BG&E a few months ago. It's such a nice little game, you can see why there's so much fondness for a sequel. The gameplay is really PS2y, in that it's an attempt at stealthy stuff that didn't work great and stopped existing in that era. It has a nice eclectic feel to it though, you never feel like you're repeating the same thing.
The Rogerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #38
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Thumbs up

There's an earnings call on April 27th. In that, they'll have to say something if it's planned to come out in the next 12 months, so we'll know fairly soon.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:28 PM   #39
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

Dunno, but obviously, the longer Nintendo takes to finish and release the NX, the farther they are getting "behind the 8-ball" IMHO.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #40
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

incredible #hottake