TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 07-01-2016, 06:16 AM   #81
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Quote:
Bret “The Hitman” Hart spoke about Curtis Axel’s current role and push in WWE yesterday on the latest episode of The Sharpshooter Podcast on Bret Hart Radio.

On what Bret thinks of the current push of Curtis Axel in WWE:

BH: I wish they would do so much more with Axel. Curt’s kid. It’s just such a shame.

On why he thinks WWE doesn’t play off of Curtis’ legacy as Mr. Perfect’s son more:

BH: I’ve never understood it from the beginning. Even the name McGillicutty or whatever that gimmick was. I just seems almost like impossible odds to turn that in to any kind of successful storyline. What do you do with that? It never made a lot of sense to me. I think that he’s really a wasted talent. I think he’s a real talent. He’s every bit the athlete and the performer that his Dad was. I just always thought that he was a little bit like Cody Rhodes where it’s like they never quite gave him the right things to book him to be the star that he was.

Quote:
Quote:
He then says that a writer who was there at the time told him that they were in a writers meeting with Vince McMahon when the Mexicools gimmick was created. A writer suggested the name, stating that they should be cool Mexicans and Vince thought that since his landscapers were Mexican, that they should come out on ride-on lawnmowers.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #82
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by H-Cutter OUTTA NOWHERE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleZone
Earlier today a report from The Wrestling Observer claimed WWE ordered Roman Reigns to apologize to the WWE locker room following news of his 30 day suspension for violating the company Wellness Policy.

According to two sources within WWE, one of them being a talent on the roster, the apology never took place, and the timeframe for when the apology could have happened doesn’t quite compute.

Both sources noted the WWE locker room was informed of Roman Reigns’ suspension on Tuesday, June 21st, when talents arrived for the Smackdown tapings, and no one was aware of it during or after Raw the previous night. Sources added Reigns simply packed his bags and left following the June 20th Raw taping, and if some type of speech or apology took place, it was not in front of the WWE locker room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Next week’s Raw, on 7/4 from Columbus, OH, due to the holiday, is expected to be the lowest rated Raw in the history of the show. The record low is a 1.8 rating. Shane McMahon is expected to be back and they are locally advertising Cena & Ambrose vs. Rollins & Styles as the main event. Rusev vs. O’Neil in a U.S. title match is scheduled. The last two times July 4th came on a Monday were in 2005 and 2011. In 2005, Raw fell from a 4.4 rating on 6/27 to a 2.6, a 41 percent drop. In 2011, Raw fell from a 3.1 rating to a 2.4, a 23 percent drop. So we’re starting at a 2.21. Given that we’re down to a far more hardcore audience, the drop may be only 20 percent which would be a record low 1.77 rating. But it easily could be the first episode in history to hit a 1.7. A 23 percent drop would be 1.70, so unless today’s audience is die-hards that don’t leave the house on July 4th, that’s the probable range because there are no Cena returns like on Memorial Day to pull out. No matter what the number is, it’s not all that significant in the sense you’d worry about it. Really this week’s number was more significant more because it’s at this level without sports competition so where will it fall to against the NFL
Possible historical significance for next week's RAW.

Quote:
Nothing was said to talent in specific about dates, but there was talk among the crew that Lucha Underground will start taping season four in January and wrestlers were given the impression there would be tapings in the winter. That gives them six months to sign needed deals and procure money to film another season. The show’s ratings in season two increased greatly from season one, but started falling off after the Aztec Warfare match. Still, the show makes no economic sense, often drawing less than 100,000 viewers and spending in excess of $400,000 per episode on production. The idea is to build up characters with the idea of making them big enough stars to do a movie and also merchandise it as a franchise, but they will never be strong enough to do that off El Rey. Overall viewership was way down in season two with the loss of UniMas, and they didn’t even have a Spanish language broadcast. The deals that were considered the key, a Spanish language deal with Univision in the U.S. and Televisa in Mexico both never happened.
Quote:
Obvious” that his WWE release is a worked “soft release.” Initially told it’s an under-the-table deal orchestrated with Paul Levesque. Cody gets to leave for awhile, work with trendy indy stars, wash away the Stardust stink, and return with a workrate reputation from hardcore underground fans. Cody is apparently being paid by WWE instead of WWN Live to work Evolve! He’s also being paid by WWE during the rest of the “interim period.” Notice that Cody’s first indy date booked was with WWE-affiliated Evolve. Lanza has been “flat out told that Cody Rhodes has every intention of returning to WWE in the fall and doesn’t have any [indy] bookings beyond October [2016] right now.”

Until Cody works for NJPW, ROH, or TNA, Lanza doesn’t buy that he truly left WWE. Cody was supposedly told he can’t work for NJPW or ROH; TNA wasn’t mentioned on the no-no list but no way Cody goes there if’s still under WWE contract. Lanza believes the WWE legends contract story reported by PWInsider’s Mike Johnson was planted and is part of the work. Johnson is a co-opted member of the WWE media team who leaked the false story that Evolve would become a pure WWE farm system and that would thus force Chris Hero out. It is obvious that Paul Levesque leaks this to Johnson; listen to NXT’s conference calls to connect the dots. Also, it isn’t WWE’s MO to offer a Legends contract to a non-retired wrestler in his athletic prime. Cody’s anger over this is obviously false.
From a recent episode of Voices of Wrestling podcast show. Some of the claims might be stretching a bit to support their theory but would explain some stuff about Cody taking indie dates while under a non-compete clause and his first match being at WWE-affiliated EVOLVE. Cody himself was also recently upset at the Legends deal being made public (story below).

Quote:
Mark Carrano called Cody Runnels for a legends deal. At this point no agreement has been reached but Runnels wasn’t happy because the conversation was supposed to be confidential, and the next thing you know, there were reports Rhodes had called WWE trying to return
Quote:
Starting on Wednesday, July 6th, wrestling icon Ric Flair will be returning to podcasting as part of the MLW Radio family.

His team reached a deal with the Court Bauer-run MLWRadio.com to launch "The Ric Flair Show", released every Wednesday on their website, iTunes, and Stitcher. In a sense, Flair will replace Konnan on MLW Radio as he had left for a slot on Podcast One's new Chris Jericho programmed 'network'.

Flair's previous show ("WOOOOOO! Nation" on CBS Radio's PlayIt) with host Conrad Thompson went on hiatus after Flair's contract expired and his side decided not to renew.
Quote:
Jerry Lawler's holiday weekend got off to a good start Friday as domestic assault charges against he and his fiancee were dismissed in a Memphis, TN, courtroom. Later on in the day, his suspension from WWE was lifted, effective immediately according to Pro Wrestling Sheet.
According to police reports, they were unable to determine who was the main instigator of the incident which played a big role in all charges getting dropped for both people involved.

Quote:
Luke Fordward, the CMLL wrestler known as Thunder, passed away today.

Daniel Lopez, (Hall of Famer El Satanico), his trainer and the father of Fordward's girlfriend, had reported a few days ago that he was gravely ill and needed a miracle. It is believed that he passed away due to lung cancer.
Supposedly was one of the top stars for CMLL before having to take a break for illness reasons.

Quote:
At a court hearing earlier this week, it was ruled that Armando Montalvo was competent to stand trial. Montalvo was the man shot in front of the WWE Performance Center in Orlando who had been harassing people at times and was all messed up in love with Lita at the time. His family stated he suffered from bipolar disorder and other mental illnesses. A pretrial hearing is set for 8/31.
Quote:
Adam Rose talks what went wrong with is character on the main roster on the Pancakes and Powerslam Radio show:

"I did a commercial, and once I did the commercial, I realized that we were going down the wrong path," said Rose. "I think on the main stage, it needed to be introduced as a heel, because it was so quirky and so different. I think if it was introduced as a heel, then people wouldn't have felt forced to love it, and then I felt that they would have naturally fell in love with certain parts of the quirkiness, and it would have naturally evolved to something or someone who people liked. I think that was a big mistake." Rose adds, "I think one of the hardest things to do in this industry is to get over as a babyface. Some people have a natural connection with the audience. [Someone] like Sami Zayn has a natural connection with the audience. I don't think Adam Rose had any with the audience because he was completely quirky and over-the-top and ridiculous. And I think that's why it would have been better introduced as a heel because your automatic reaction to seeing someone like that is not to like it."

At the conclusion of Adam Rose's WWE career, he was placed in a misfit group named the Social Outcasts, along with Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, and Heath Slater. Rose admits that he had no idea about the group until he was given the idea only a few hours before the show started.

"We had no idea," said Rose. "I think we were told about 5 o'clock on a Monday night that we were now going to be a group. I think we were four guys who the company saw had something, but we were doing nothing. So I think the idea was like, okay, let's put them together collectively in a group, and these are guys who don't know each other really well. I think the awkwardness of it was actually one of the reasons [why it worked]. You get all these well-polished teams, and the idea was for the faction to not be well-polished, and the idea was for us not to get along, to almost be bumping heads and trying to one-up each other the whole time. I think the Social Outcasts has talented individuals in it. I don't think the Social Outcasts is going to be a deal loss; I think it is going to be, given the right structure, could take off. But, it's all a matter of where you put it.
Quote:
Roderick Strong is finishing up with PWG shortly as well as having left ROH, so that’s a WWE future. If he was with TNA, he’s still be working PWG. Plus, the whole Austin Aries story about how he’s changed minds about who can get over in WWE was related to Roderick Strong who people were closed-minded about for years in WWE the same way they had been regarding Aries
Also rumored to be among those likely getting a WWE deal are Mascara Dorada (CMLL already considers him gone once the deal ends), and Ricochet/Prince Puma (if WWE and LU can work out an early buyout deal since he's currently locked till 2018).

Quote:
There is a lot of unhappiness surrounding the 8/11 to 8/14 tapings date that is on the schedule although not announced. Abyss, Jade, Andrew Everett and Drew Galloway were all booked on a tour on the U.K. during that period. I think there may have been another person as well because five TNA talents were pulled from a series of events where they would have earned considerably more than at the tapings. But they all have deals where TNA tapings come first. The promoters were hoping something could be worked out but it didn’t happen

Not every contract signed of late has TNA in control of the talent’s bookings. The attempt has been made with the top guys that have been mentioned for that, but some talents have been given different deals. But that is the stip for the Hardys, Drew Galloway and Ethan Carter III, who have been offered new deals and at this point have not signed them

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to the Observer, WWE is starting to pipe in crowd reactions for NXT shows and stars with the crowd signing Nakamura's theme song as a recent example. Also being reported the WWE did the same during today's house show in Japan.
  • PWI had a somewhat lengthy report regarding details about the on-going concussion lawsuits against the WWE and at the moment WWE appearing to be winning them all. The strongest case against the WWE, the Big Vito lawsuit, currently is getting torn apart by the judge handling the case. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/103...wsuit.html?p=1
  • ROH's Silas Young revealed on Twitter he is currently a free agent although ROH is also in talks to get a new deal done as soon as possible.
  • Bobby Heenan recently revealed on Twitter his current favorite wrestler in the WWE is Kevin Owens. https://twitter.com/RealBobbyHeenan/...06590745468929
  • According to reports from Japan, Jushin Thunder Liger revealed this year's Best of the Super Jrs Cup will be his last. Feels its the right time to step aside and let the younger stars take over his spot. https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/749018296226189317
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:33 PM   #83
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Evil Cena:

Quote:
The Raw rating will be in later than normal due to the holiday weekend, but given the poor reception to the food fight and the lackluster booking, it is expected that it will be the lowest rated Raw program of all time.
Next week is also expected to be lower than usual due to MLB's Home Run derby taking place at the same time.

Quote:
According to PWTorch, Vince McMahon is planning a “redemption story” for Roman Reigns upon his return to the WWE. They want to tell the story of how the failed drug test put Reigns down. He would then have to find a way to work his way back to what he was before and be even better than he was. Vince feels if he creates a story in the way he would want it told, he may finally get fans to buy into Roman Reigns and cheer for him.
WWE already has a Network special set to air about his "Road to Redemption" after RAW on July 25th. https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...11&oe=57F16E14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Randy Orton is slated to go to the WWE Performance Center next week to work out in anticipation of being medically cleared for his return to the ring later this summer, PWInsider.com has learned.

Orton has been out of action since following a shoulder surgery in December 2015. He has been advertised for some WWE events in Texas this August.

SPOILER: show
There is a belief among some we've spoken to that Orton could be facing Brock Lesnar at Summerslam, but PWInsider.com has not confirmed that to be 100%.
Spoiler tag used since its related to potential Summerslam plans.

Quote:
Cody Rhodes will now face Zack Sabre Jr. in his first match since leaving the WWE on August 19th at Evolve 66 in Joppa, MD after Johnny Gargano was removed from the show because of another commitment. Also announced was Rhodes vs. Chris Hero at Evolve 67 in Brooklyn, NY the next night.
Quote:
Cody Rhodes will be the first guest on Ric Flair’s new podcast this Wednesday. The show will be available on http://www.MLWRadio.com, iTunes, Stitcher and at RicFlairShow.com.
Quote:
New Japan announced that Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Page & Yujiro Takahashi for the IWGP tag title will be on the 8/14 Tokyo Sumo Hall show which is the same night as the G-1 finals. Jay Lethal will also be appearing at the end of the current tour. It's also official that Hiroyoshi Tenzan is replacing Satoshi Kojima in the G-1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
*WWE World Heavyweight champion Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins.

*John Cena & Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. AJ Styles & Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson.

*Natalya vs. Becky Lynch.
Current card for WWE Battleground ppv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE have applied to trademark "WWE Story Time" as a television series title.

• According to a financial article from WrestleInc, WWE won't be affected by the recent UK referendum on leaving the European Union. Main reason is due to the tv contracts being written in terms of dollars and not British pounds which lost value recently. WWE did state they will go into more details about the implications during their next conference call. http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016...brexit-on-wwe/
  • WWE's newest DVD set about Scott Hall titled as "Living on a Razor's Edge" was released today.
  • Forbes had a recent interview with Bret Hart with topics including the upcoming new Brand Split, problems with current WWE, and the company's future once Vince is gone. http://www.forbes.com/sites/housemon...f24d5f28%C2%A0
  • The Wyatt Family was this week's guests for ESPN wrestling segment.
  • According to F4W, WWE likely got the idea for yesterday's Wyatt promo video after seeing videos hyping up TNA's "Final Deletion." Also believes some people in the WWE were among the group given advance screenings of TNA's hype videos so that TNA could release their "reaction" set of videos. https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/...58023755608064
  • Rumor going around the net involves Curtis Axel getting frustrated over the direction of his career in the WWE. Basis for the rumor came from a recent Instagram post implying he's venting out at WWE Creative. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...his_instagram/
  • Recent episode of The Steve Austin Show had Ricochet/Prince Puma as its guest. http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/pro...42&pid=1660700
Old 07-05-2016, 11:34 PM   #84
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Axle should be frustrated. Really needs a soft release like Cody. He'll I wouldn't mind if they released him out right and him signing with TNA, ROH, or NJPW.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:38 PM   #85
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Thought that Wyatt promo had a Broken Mart Hardy vibe to it.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #86
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by the Deletion of Brother Nero:

Quote:
While WWE set an all-time record low for Raw on Monday, the rating can't be viewed negatively given the number and the night.

The show averaged 2.66 million viewers, down only 14 percent from the near record low from the prior week. The past two times Raw has aired on July 4th (2011 and 2005), the ratings fell 23 percent and 41 percent respectively from the prior week ...

From the hourly breakdown, it appeared to be the most loyal/hardcore audience since there were no upswings or downswings from start-to-finish:

8 p.m. 2.66 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.67 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.64 million viewers
In terms of historical stuff, lowest rated episode since 1996. Next week is also expected to be down since MLB Home Run Derby takes place during the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Due to Nielsen being behind due to the Independence Day holiday, the cable ratings for Tuesday evening will not be released until Thursday morning, so we'll have to wait one more day to find out how the overnights were for The Final Deletion.
Probably TNA's best chance in years at getting something close to their first live Monday episode.

Quote:
It appears that Moose (real name Quinn Ojinnaka) may be on his way to a new home, but not the one many originally thought.

Major League Wrestling reported on their Twitter account Wednesday morning that the free agent had signed a multi-year agreement with TNA Wrestling -- a report Ojinnaka refuted, telling them he has an offer from the company but hasn't signed as of now ...

At one time it appeared that Ojinnaka was headed to the WWE and would start at the Performance Center in September, but Dave Meltzer reported in last week’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE backed off of signing the former football journeyman because of a 2009 domestic violence allegation that led to him being suspended from the NFL for one game ...

MLW also tweeted that Lucha Underground/AAA have not made an offer to Moose, but that TNA and ROH are still in play for his services.
Quote:
Boom! Studios will be releasing a WWE comic book and WWE graphic novels. So, if you can't get enough WWE with all of the new content the impending brand split is giving us, you can collect the comic books too.
http://comicsalliance.com/boom-studi...stling-comics/

Quote:
NEVER Openweight Champion Katsuyori Shibata will make his much-anticipated Ring of Honor debut at the promotion’s August 19th Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view. Also announced for the show were Los Ingobernable de Japon members Tetsuya Naito and Evil, and Bullet Club Members Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa and Yujiro Takahashi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Mark Henry is NOT planning to leave WWE by the end of next month … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned his upcoming indie appearance is a company-approved signing.

Henry is set to appear at Harley Race‘s WLW event titled “Night of Champions 2” and since the advertisement didn’t specify what he’d be doing, people were wondering if he’s on the way out.

A rep for WLW tells us “many people are getting the wrong idea” and he won’t be participating in any sort of wrestling capacity — it’s just a meet and greet/signing.

We’re also told WWE approved the appearance, which our sources within the company have verified.
Henry had teased leading into Mania 32 that this year was likely his last in the WWE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE have applied for two trademarks for "Intercontinental Champion", one for clothing and merchandise and another for toys and action figures.

WWE's newest hire, Charly Arnolt, will be called Charly Caruso in NXT. WWE.com posted a video of her getting ready for her first NXT Live Event.
http://www.wwe.com/videos/charly-car...nxt-live-event

Quote:
Fun facts about Final Deletion from Borash's appearance on Wrestling Observer Live:
  • Borash is a huge drone nerd and even rigged one of his up with fishing line and a bobber and caught a sunfish
  • The whole setup was improvised out of shit they found on Matt's property, including the dilapidated boat
  • The birthday party setup was really Maxel's since his birthday was the next day and it was done by Reby Sky
  • Jeff has sculptures just sitting around everywhere that he built, including a 12-foot-tall alien
  • THE GIANT HARDY SYMBOL WAS JUST SITTING ON MATT'S GODDAMN LAWN WHEN HE SHOWED UP
  • Matt came up with the persona on the spot when filming the first Broken Matt Hardy vignette and they've just gone with it ever since
  • Matt is 100% committed to this character. "It's not performance art, it's creepy!"
  • Borash wants to go back and film at the Hardy estate again because there's no limits to what they can do
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...n_facts_about/

• Tyson Kidd recently revealed on Twitter he will be taking next season off from Total Divas due to health reasons.
  • During yesterday's ESPN segment, Bray Wyatt teased at a possible future feud involving the Rock by saying they have some "unfinished business" to take care of. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=16810612
  • The executive producer of Lucha Underground recently apologized on Twitter for publicly trashing TNA during yesterday's Final Deletion show. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...oducer_issues/
Old 07-06-2016, 10:11 PM   #87
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Quote:
Matt came up with the persona on the spot when filming the first Broken Matt Hardy vignette and they've just gone with it ever since
I believe that, first couple of appearances were pretty bad but once he started owning it instead of acting its been pretty good.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:30 PM   #88
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by the 20th Anniversary of the nWo's debut:

Quote:
Impact Wrestling is again changing nights.

TNA president Dixie Carter announced on her Twitter account Thursday afternoon that the company’s flagship television show will move to Thursday nights on Pop TV starting on July 21st. Impact is also moving timeslots and will now air at 8 PM eastern ...

The move comes at a bad time for TNA after this Tuesday's episode, anchored by the spectactle that was the Final Deletion, led to Impact's highest rating in over a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The move was obviously predicated on WWE and the USA Network moving Smackdown to Tuesdays live starting on Tuesday 7/19, a decision which would have put Impact Wrestling in the direct line of fire. When TNA attempted to place Impact against Raw on Mondays several years ago while on SpikeTV, the results were brutal for the TNA side.

The move is going to be marketed as Impact "returning home" since the series, for most of it's prime-time run, aired on Thursdays during it's SpikeTV era. The series moved to Wednesdays late in that run and was moved to Tuesdays on Pop with that strategy being employed partially so that TNA could benefit from the overall interest in pro wrestling early in the week with Sunday PPVs and WWE Raw on Mondays.
Some more details about Impact's new date and why it was likely done.

Quote:
The absurdity of "The Final Deletion" ultimately proved to be a success for TNA Wrestling.

According to ShowBuzzDaily, this week’s edition of Impact did 410,000 viewers on television, up from 322,000 viewers the previous week. It was the highest rated episode of Impact on Pop TV and the highest rated episode since May 2015.
Quote:
While the Smackdown show airing tonight in Canada made no mention of Brock Lesnar at all (after Raw had advertised Lesnar's opponent being announced on the show) Randy Orton was finally announced as Lesnar's SummerSlam opponent during the Aftermath show that airs on Canada's Sportsnet channel.

It is not clear if WWE failed to put the Lesnar announcement on the Canadian version of Smackdown show in fear it would break before airing in the U.S., or there was a change in plans.
Quote:
Nick Nemeth, better known as Dolph Ziggler, will be inducted into the Kent State University Varsity K Hall of Fame on 9/17 at 10 a.m. Nemeth was a three-time Mid-American conference champion in wrestling in 2001, 2002 and 2003 at 165 pounds.
Quote:
ROH has announced a return to England with shows on 11/18, 11/19 and 11/20. No other details have been announced.
Tour is currently called "Reach for the Sky Tour" based on recent promo images. http://www.rohwrestling.com/sites/de...ourteaser1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE.com announced their plans for the 2016 San Diego Comic Con, which takes place later this month.

On Thursday 7/21 at 1 PM, there will be a panel discussion moderated by Corey Graves with The New Day, AJ Styles and Becky Lynch joining Mattel execs in revealing new action figures and answering questions. The panel will be live streamed.

Mattel will be releasing an exclusive Dean Ambrose Mighty Minis action figure as well as an exclusive Elite Flashback Series action figure of The Shockmaster at the Mattel booth (#3029).
Quote:
WWE released the bracketing for the WWE Cruiserweight Classic tournament during their "Bracketology" special on the WWE Network. For those of you curious how the tournament brackets play out, here they are:

BRACKET ONE:
  • Kenneth Johnson vs. Akira Tozawa.
  • Jack Gallagher vs. Fabian Aichner.
  • Tajiri vs. Damian Slater.
  • Gran Metallik vs. Alejandro Saez.
  • Drew Gulak vs. Harv Sihra.
  • Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tyson Dux.
  • Noam Dar vs. Girv Sihra.
  • Hoho Lun vs. Ariya Daivari.

BRACKET TWO:
  • Brian Kendrick vs. Raul Mendoza.
  • Tony Nese vs. Anthony Bennett.
  • Kota Ibushi vs. Sean Maluta.
  • Cedric Alexander vs. Clement Patiot
  • TJ Perkins vs. Da Mack
  • Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa
  • Mustafa Ali vs. Lince Dorado
  • Jason Lee vs. Rich Swann
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Cody Rhodes was the guest on the debut edition of "The Ric Flair Show" on MLW Radio for the first part of a two-part interview.

During the interview, Cody stated that the reported "merchandising deal" between himself and WWE was related to a biography of his father, Rhodes. Cody stated that he was working on rights to be able to still write the book memorializing his father. Rhodes has been working on the project since his father's passing last summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt will now be headlining UFC 200 after UFC Interim Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones was been notified by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he has potentially failed a pre-fight drug test and therefore has been pulled from UFC 200.

Lesnar is returning to the UFC Octagon with the blessing of WWE, but now finds himself in the position of being a main event player for UFC in his first fight in years.
Quote:
Well, the good news is there is still a lot more from Chris Jericho in WWE, as he revealed in a recent interview with International Business that he has no plans with full-time band Fozzy for the rest of the year. Paving the way for an extended WWE run in 2016 for the self-proclaimed best in the world at what he does.

“Fozzy, we made a concerted idea to not do anything in 2016. We’re gonna do a new record, it’ll be released early 2017, then it’s full-time back in Fozzy. Until then, I’m having so much fun in the WWE. I plan to continue for the next who knows how long it is. I’d never say, but suffice it to say it’s going to be for a little while longer for sure.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
Owner Takaaki Kidani said in Weekly Pro Wrestling magazine that he’s happy with the alliance with ROH but they’d like to do a pure New Japan show in the U.S. in a 3,000 to 4,000 seat arena. They are very serious about this and there are specific plans as well as continuing to work with ROH.
Quote:
Nike has filed a lawsuit against World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) for the use of “Just Bring It” phrase made famous by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Nike believes the mark is too similar to its "Just Do It" slogan.

According to Forbes, WWE used the mark as a subtitle for a “SmackDown” video game fifteen years ago, but the lawsuit stems from WWE’s filing for federal trademark protection in October 2014. WWE is seeking to use the phrase on a variety of clothing, including shirts, jackets, pants, underwear and pajamas. In December 2015, WWE’s application was published for opposition and Nike filed a claim.
http://www.sportsonesource.com/news/...rod=5&id=61758

Quote:
Roderick Strong comes in, it’s expected to be along the lines of Austin Aries or Johnny Gargano (he won’t have to train daily at the Performance Center kind of a deal). A funny story about the difference between guys like Aries, Gargano or Tommaso Ciampa is that at least until they officially signed, Gargano & Ciampa were on per-show deals and not contracts (that has changed) but they got to wrestle the way they wanted so did really well at the house shows. The guys who trained in Orlando were mad, not at them, but at the idea they are taught to wrestle a style that doesn’t get over as much as the style they were wrestling, but they are allowed to wrestle a style the Orlando guys are taught is wrong and then it gets over

• Besides the WWE, Lucha Underground also announced they will be sending wrestlers for free signings at the upcoming San Diego Comic Con event. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/103...iccon.html?p=1
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 20th anniversary of Hulk Hogan's WCW heel turn and formation of the nWo.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, the inspiration for Bob Backland's heel character was due to him one day randomly listening to a Rush Limbaugh show while driving. Limbaugh yelling at a caller because she had some life issues ended up being the basis for the Mr Backland character. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...und_character/
  • Aparently The Rock and Taz had a small Twitter feud occur recently over an announcement by The Rock regarding a new Youtube show he was working on. The show will be called "Rock The Promo" which people send in wrestling-style promos to be judged. Taz got upset when he found out since its very similar to a show he does. Feud itself was settled in a few tweets with most of the online backlash coming from Taz's podcast listeners. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/103...s-taz.html?p=1
Old 07-08-2016, 06:23 AM   #89
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just Bring It vs Just Do it - TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS NIKE!

Hope Newport sues Nike for inverting their symbol and it shuts them the fuck up.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #90
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by the country of Jerichostan:

Quote:
Wednesday is crazy television with a live UFC show, Ultima Lucha Dos, Finn Balor vs. Shinsuke Nakamura on NXT and the first round of the Cruiserweight Classic tournament.
Lot of quality stuff on tv next week.

Quote:
WWE promoted that you can watch Brock Lesnar weigh-in for his fight against Mark Hunt on their website. As was noted in yesterday’s update, they have done some promotion for the fight online but are still avoiding talking about it on television.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 7/7 edition of Smackdown did 2,241,000 viewers, up from last week's 2,080,000 viewers.
Quote:
Cody Rhodes is going to write a book about his father. He said WWE has given him permission to do so. I’m really confused in the sense that why would you need to ask anyone for permission to write a book about your father. The only thing I can think of would be if when they released him from his contract, they banned him from doing certain things for the length of the contract and writing a book would be on that list
Quote:
Moose was removed from a NOVA Pro Wrestling show on August 12th due to a “contract obligation.”
Reason was implied because of TNA having a show on the same night which could confirm rumors of him signing a deal with them.

Quote:
The slander lawsuit filed by Dr. Christopher Amann against Phil Brooks (C.M. Punk) and Scott Goldman (Colt Cabana) has been given a trial date of May 21, 2018, if the parties can’t reach a settlement beforehand
Quote:
How’s this for a sad story. Joey Ryan noted that three years ago this week, TNA released him. Over July 4th weekend, Ryan outsold the entire TNA company combined when it comes to merchandise through Pro Wrestling Tees.
Quote:
Some names WWE has shown interest in bringing in are Curt Hawkins, James Yun, Volador Jr., and Rush. Rush attended a tryout last year and at the time the WWE picked Sombra. Yun, who was Jimmy Wang Yang, was backstage at Raw and posted a photo of himself there saying he was waiting for his meeting. An idea going around was to bring back older guys who can still go to put over the younger guys after the brand split when they need more bodies for television. He would fit the criteria. Even though he dates back to the glory era of the business, he started young and he’s only 35 now. He was a very good worker but got out of wrestling to start a new business, “Jimmy’s Pest Control,” in Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
This week's first airing of Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network, featuring the first part of Ultima Lucha Dos, drew 104,000 viewers. This is down 10% from last week's 116,000 viewers.

The replay drew 39,000 viewers, bringing the total number of viewers for this week's show to 143,000. This was down a whopping 35% from last week's show, which totaled 219,000 viewers. Last week's replay drew 103,000 viewers.

The show once again did not rank on the Cable Top 150 in the 18-49 demo for the sixth week in a row.
Last week's replay ended up having the highest numbers in the show's history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
It also appears TNA squandered about 500,000 video views by not posting video of the Final Deletion online immediately after it aired on Pop. As of this morning there are still three videos of the match on YouTube from accounts other than TNA's own official account. These have a total of 486,208 views and counting. The most viewed clip of the match on Dailymotion has about 15,400 views. These videos were all posted Tuesday night or Wednesday. TNA's official account only uploaded the video Thursday.

Based on a formula used to estimate YouTube ad revenue, 500,000 views could be worth between $500 and $1000, which may not be huge money, but a company in financial distress like TNA needs all the revenue it can get.
Quote:
Ludxor posted a scathing message on AAA and Dorian Roldan on Facebook on 7/2. He destroyed his ankle on a dive in April and said he was encouraged to keep working on it. He injured it again on 5/27 and then went to Nuevo Laredo for a match. But by that point he couldn’t walk and needed immediately surgery. The company told him they’d pay for the surgery and rehab. He said they never sent him a dime and abandoned him for a month in Nuevo Laredo and nobody from the office called him, nor did anyone return any of his messages. He said he was broke and his friends in the area took him in and helped him as he recovered from the ankle surgery. He said that after more than a month stuck in Nuevo Laredo he was finally able to get enough money to pay to return home. He talked about how happy he was in 2013 when he started working in AAA, but claimed he would have to travel in sub-human conditions, wouldn’t be given any food for days when he’d be traveling and many times wouldn’t be paid anything after because he was a low card guy. AAA has said nothing in response
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE
1. Shinsuke Nakamura v Sami Zayn - NXT Takeover Dallas
2. AJ Styles v John Cena - Money In The Bank
3. The Miz v Cesaro v Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn - Extreme Rules
4. Roman Reigns v AJ Styles - Extreme Rules
5. Charlotte v Becky Lynch v Sasha Banks - WrestleMania 32
6. The Revival v American Alpha - NXT Takeover The End...
7. Triple H v Dean Ambrose - Roadblock
8. Dean Ambrose v Alberto Del Rio v Cesaro v Chris Jericho v Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn - Money In The Bank
9. The New Day v AJ Styles/Chris Jericho - RAW 3/7
10. Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn - Payback
WWE's website on what they feel are the Top 10 WWE matches of 2016 so far. www.wwe.com/article/10-best-matches-2016-so-far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE released a survey via their mailing list to certain fans today seeking feedback on new potential WWE series for the WWE Network. While this is not confirmation that ANY of this will go into production, it gives you some insight into WWE's potential plans for the WWE Network's original programming in the near future.

Listed in the mailing were the following potential projects

*Ask Me Anything Live - Live, interactive Q&A with WWE talents.

*Everyone Has A Price - Reality series scouring the country for the most memorable WWE memorabilia, the origin of the items and determining their price.

*Extreme Eats - Tommy Dreamer and Bubba Ray Dudley tour the United States to show off their favorite food locations, sample odd and strange food combinations and take part in eating challenges.

*50 States, 50 Dates - a "WWE bachelor" goes on 50 dates to find romance. This would be a reality show about finding true love while also living your life on the road as a WWE talent.

*Goldberg's Garage - Reality show about Goldberg, his wife and their mechanics restoring American muscle cars at their North Carolina garage.

*History of WWE - 10 Part documentary series taking fans from the beginning of WWE through the launch of the Network.

*Legends House: Attitude - A sequel to the initial WWE Network series, placing 1990s legends together under one roof.

*Miz & Mrs. - A reality series following Miz and Maryse.

*Talking Summerslam - A Post-PPV Talk Show (think "Talking Dead")

*Tapout Fitness - WWE stars share their training tips.

*The Third Wheel - Two WWE Fans go on a blind date without knowing they are going to be joined by a WWE star.

*Totally NXT - A reality/competition series as six women try to make their way through the developmental system for a chance at a main roster slot and a Total Divas cast membership.

*The Wives of Flair - Documentary series on the love life of Ric Flair and his four ex-wives.

*WWE All Access - Reality series following main eventers as they prepare for Wrestlemania/Summerslam level major matches.

*WWE Game Night - WWE stars face celebrities in games outside the ring (listed were dodge ball, obstacle courses, Pictionary)

*WWE Investigates - Each segment would be a 3-5 episode mini-series going deep into a real subject in the history of pro wrestling. The life & legacy of Eddie Guerrero was suggested as a sample mini-series.

*WWE Goes Viral - Best WWE viral videos including ones submitted by fans.

*WWE Kids! - Kids interview WWE stars, compete against them in games and call the action for in-ring action.

*WWE Promo Battle - WWE Talents go head to head in "improv wars" in a tournament style setting where the audience and social media as well as a panel of judges determine who moves forward until they crown a promo battle champion.

*WWE Roast- John Cena would be roasted in a no holds barred tribute.

*WWE Superstars Search- Hosted by Lita & Trish Stratus, a competition reality series with 10 women competing for a WWE contract.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:57 PM   #91
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04

James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I love all those show ideas.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #92
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Quote:
Cody Rhodes and Stephen Amell will join forces once again during Season 5 of Arrow, thanks to Rhodes being cast in a mystery role on the superhero show.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #93
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dawned on me WWE should be making biopics about wrestlers. A movie about Ric Flair seems to write itself.
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #94
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Who would you cast as Ric Flair?
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:45 PM   #95
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
No idea
Old 07-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #96
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Bradley Cooper
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #97
Stocky

Stocky is "reptacular" (2,500+)Stocky is "reptacular" (2,500+)Stocky is "reptacular" (2,500+)
lil naitch
Stocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #98
Droford

Probably would be a good thread idea..Who would play wrestlers in bio pics
Old 07-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #99
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Miz
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #100
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Someone said raw did a point .8 last Monday, no way that's correct right? 1.8 maybe?
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:35 PM   #101
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Yeah it was a 1.8 which ended up being higher than the predictions and what the WWE was expecting.

Think it was the Observer who teased it could have gone as low as 1.5 if the usual holiday decrease happened.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:07 AM   #102
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

The Smeat completely forgot to hit the post button Late News Edition:

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Rollins Report:

Quote:
The return of Vince McMahon was something of a mixed bag when it came to ratings.

Last night's show did 3.17 million viewers on average, even with the advertising of Vince's return and the expectation he would announce who would be running both shows. Vince himself was a draw, because the third hour, which usually drops, was just slightly below the second hour.

It was the first hour that was down the most. With the exception of the July 4th show, which really shouldn't count, it was the lowest first hour for a non-holiday show of the modern era. That even includes going against the NBA playoffs. Overall, the three hour show it was the fifth lowest mark of 2016 ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.04 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.24 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.23 million viewers
For some reference, two weeks ago was around 3.09 million as the average so slightly up overall. Biggest surprise was the 1st hour being close to sub-3 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats.com
Apparently, Vince McMahon was souring on Roman Reigns even before his Wellness violation. With that, there are others backstage lobbying his push should go to someone else - and Vince is listening.

One possible recipient could be AJ Styles, who a source says Vince has been telling people he wishes he’d signed ten years ago. AJ and Seth Rollins are viewed as frontrunners to headline each brand after the draft.
Part of a batch of rumors Cagesideseats has as part of their weekly rumors article. http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/7/...aj-selling-wwe

Quote:
In a surprise angle at the Paul Heyman "Inside the Ropes" talk show in London at York Hall, Heyman offered an Evolve contract to Will Ospreay.

Ospreay, who regularly works at the venue for Revolution Pro Wrestling, including on Sunday, and is their cruiserweight champion, had been announced as a special guest at the show. Heyman said he was offering the deal on behalf of Gabe Sapolsky.

It was also made clear this deal wouldn't affect Ospreay's current contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Link with video of Heyman's apperance: http://www.f4wonline.com/indies/paul...ontract-216296

Quote:
For at least the moment, the WWE roster is closer to getting back at full strength.

Neville made his return to action on Tuesday in a dark match against Bo Dallas at the SmackDown tapings in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Quote:
While Brock Lesnar was the big winner, so was Vince McMahon. It was a risk, and a substantial one, to put one of his two biggest stars in that situation ... The win opened the door to bigger fights. The problem is the UFC heavyweight division is thin ...

Stipe Miocic vs. Alistair Overeem takes place on 9/10 for the championship. It becomes a question would they go with Lesnar for a title shot ahead of Cain Velasquez, who looked more impressive than Lesnar last night but wouldn't draw as much in the same position. UFC does book for business and Lesnar challenging would mean more money, but to give him a title match he and Vince McMahon would have to agree on several more matches.

Lesnar winning the UFC title would be remarkable. Lesnar himself said that he's got a lot he needs to work on but felt he did well on what he said was six weeks worth of training. Dana White told The Fight Network that the deal to get Lesnar was put together by meetings with both Lesnar's team as well as Vince McMahon and HHH. "Vince and I have had our ups and downs and Vince is a tough character to deal with. He's an animal. It's one of the things that I respect about him. I think he's loosened up a bit on the UFC."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Brock Lesnar's performance at UFC was a big topic of conversation yesterday at Raw among the wrestlers. So was his UFC salary, which is said to be in the millions.
Supposedly got paid $2.5 million for the fight against Hunt but could earn between $8-$16 million with all the bonuses and stips attached to his deal.

Quote:
Nikki Bella on Twitter wrote that her final CAT scan on her neck is in a few weeks. She's been teasing and hoping for a return.
Quote:
TNA will do doing an eight-man Bound for Glory playoff starting with the first Thursday show on 7/21. It'll be a tournament for the Bound for Glory title shot at the champion. Drew Galloway, Matt Hardy and Ethan Carter III will be in the tournament. That show is billed as a "supersize extended episode" meaning there will be an overrun.
Quote:
Revolution Pro Wrestling announced Ricochet vs. Pete Dunne for their August 12th show at York Hall in London. That means Ricochet will also be in the building the night that Will Ospreay faces Vader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Tag Team champions The New Day vs. The Wyatt Family in a six man tag has been officially added to the 7/24 WWE Battleground PPV.

WWE United States champion Rusev vs. Zack Ryder has been officially added to the 7/24 Battleground PPV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE have applied to trademark "Solid Gold" for use as a new character name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Boston Globe reported yesterday that as part of their defense against the lawsuit brought against them by Vito LoGrasso and Evan Singleton, WWE has filed for a subpeona on the research Dr. Bennet Omalu has on professional wrestlers when it comes to the diagnosis of CTE via post-mortem examination of their brains. The Globe article notes that WWE is specifically interested in the research that led to the announcement that Chris Benoit was suffering from CTE before he took the lives of his wife, son and himself over the course of a weekend in June 2007.
PWI goes into more details on why the WWE wants the doctor discredited before he finishes work on a new batch of wrestler brains. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/103...wsuit.html?p=1

Old 07-13-2016, 04:00 PM   #103
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Quote:
Some names WWE has shown interest in bringing in are Curt Hawkins, James Yun, Volador Jr., and Rush. Rush attended a tryout last year and at the time the WWE picked Sombra. Yun, who was Jimmy Wang Yang, was backstage at Raw and posted a photo of himself there saying he was waiting for his meeting. An idea going around was to bring back older guys who can still go to put over the younger guys after the brand split when they need more bodies for television. He would fit the criteria. Even though he dates back to the glory era of the business, he started young and he’s only 35 now. He was a very good worker but got out of wrestling to start a new business, “Jimmy’s Pest Control,” in Cincinnati
I've always liked Curt Hawkins.

Ryder winning the US Championship at Battleground would be a perfect reason for Hawkins to return.

After the brand split, a heel Hawkins returning and attacking Ryder, starting a feud over the US Championship would be interesting.

Or even Hawkins being in the crowd at Battleground and celebrating Ryder's victory with him, only for Hawkins to turn on Ryder would be good, but Battleground is too near for that to happen. I think all the returns will take place a good while after the brand split, not five days.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:00 PM   #104
Cool King
King K Cool

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE have applied to trademark "Solid Gold" for use as a new character name.
Goldust with an erection.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #105
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
@AJ Styles news.

AJ Styles is performing on the mic better than I have ever seen him perform.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:04 PM   #106
Dark One
King of Suplexes/Oxy

Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
@AJ Styles news.

AJ Styles is performing on the mic better than I have ever seen him perform.
I think some of it is the New Day philosophy: he's hanging out with his buddies and just doing whatever's fun.
Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #107
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
he's hanging out with his buddies and just doing whatever's fun.
Like beating up John Cena. Really hope they crash the Espys tonight, that would be fun.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #108
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Greatest Gift to Wrestling and MMA, the Mayor of Suplex City, Lord of Punching People in the Face, and Undisputed #1 Paul Heyman Guy .... BRRRRRROCK LESNAR:

Quote:
Quote:
One of professional wrestling’s biggest international stars made his Full Sail University debut at Wednesday night’s NXT television tapings.

Kota Ibushi, former IWGP junior heavyweight champion and current Cruiserweight Classic participant, faced Buddy Murphy on the taping. He won with a sit-out powerbomb.
Quote:
During tonight’s NXT TV taping at Full Sail University in winter Park, NXT General Manager William Regal made the announcement that Nakamura will challenge Samoa Joe for the title at NXT Takeover: Back To Brooklyn on August 20th. Nakamura faced Wesley Blake at tonight’s taping, then Regal came out and make the announcement.
1st set of news are from tonight's NXT tapings so spoiler tags used.

Quote:
One person close to the situation noted to us that some major names may have been juggled in recent weeks, without saying why, but for different reasons, questions about both Cena as the lead guy for Smackdown and Reigns as the lead guy for Raw, as originally planned, do come into play. A lot of reports are out regarding Vince McMahon’s feelings and such which may not be completely accurate, but he was very upset at Reigns about failing the drug test and it will probably play into the roster split decision making. Reigns will still be pushed as one of the top guys going forward, but whether he’ll be pushed as the top guy, particularly with the fans rejecting it so harshly, is something only he knows. And he is likely to change his mind many times.
Quote:
The original SummerSlam top SummerSlam matches were to be Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins for one world title which is most likely the WWE title, Cena vs. Styles for the other (perhaps called the world title since the word world was moved from the other title), Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton (not official until last week but was talked about some time back) and Charlotte vs. Banks for the women’s title. But much has happened since those plans were made. So Battleground is likely to have finishes designed to go directly into SummerSlam.
Quote:
After months of discussion about his impending free agency, Moose debuted on TNA television at last night’s Destination X edition of Impact.
Ended up signing a 2 year deal with TNA.

Quote:
Though they were able to retain some of the audience boost provided by last week's Final Deletion-focused episode, TNA's rating for the Tuesday edition of Impact Wrestling fell on their first episode since earning their highest PopTV rating to date.

The promotion drew 358k viewers for the 7/12 Destination X-themed show, according to ShowBuzzDaily. That number is down from the 410k who watched the previous week’s Final Deletion, but it was up from the 322k who watched Impact the week prior to the Hardy vs. Hardy spectacle.

In total, Tuesday’s episode of Impact was the third highest-rated episode since they debuted on PopTV earlier this year.
Kept around 36k viewers from last week's 88k bump for this week's show.

Quote:
WWE announced on Wednesday morning that in addition to the July 19th WWE draft episode, there will be pre- and post-shows for the event.

There will also be a companion show on WWE Network called WWE Draft Center Live during the airing of SmackDown to supplement the event. It will likely be a studio show breaking down that night’s draft picks. It is not known if any picks will be made on the Network.

The pre-show will air live at 7 PM EST leading up to SmackDown kicking off an hour later. That show will air for free on WWE's digital platforms in addition to the Network. After SmackDown concludes, WWE Network will also air a post-show looking at that night's draft.
Quote:
Amongst the highlights of Heyman's anecdotes/responses to fans questions were:

- Paul revealed that he had an opportunity to go to WWF in early 1992 when his WCW contract was expiring.

The offer pitched to him by WWF was to come in as Bobby Heenan's protege, billed as 'Executive Vice President of the Heenan Family'. After a run with Heenan, the idea pitched was Heyman would steal the 'Heenan Family' from him, turning it into the 'Heyman Family', turning Bobby Heenan babyface with Heenan retiring from managing to become an announcer. I'm not sure about these timelines as Heenan had already retired as a manager in summer 1991 to focus on announcing, but this is what Heyman said.

Heyman was planning on taking up the WWF offer when then-WCW boss Kip Allen Frey asked Heyman what it would take to get him to stay. Heyman replied, "Give me Turner Broadcasting employee status" and to Heyman's surprise, Frey obliged, resulting in Heyman staying in WCW.

- Paul mentioned how the 1992 War Games match in WCW (Sting's Squadron vs Dangerous Alliance) was his favourite match in his WCW career.

He told a very funny story about Madusa climbing the cage during the match and Rick Rude looking upwards at her. During the match, Paul asked Rude what he was doing, and Rude replied that he was trying to see if Madusa was wearing any panties.

- On Cesaro:

In response to a fan's question regarding which star today deserves a much bigger spot, without hesitation, Paul replied Cesaro and put him over huge. He said Cesaro connects with everyone expect the people in the WWE front office and he cannot understand why.

Other questions:

- He talked booking philosophies, specifically the 'Smackdown Six' in 2002/2003, and described in fascinating fashion how he sought to elevate wrestlers, then using the newly elevated main eventers to make other wrestlers. It was simple booking stuff that's bafflingly not done very often anymore. He also mentioned how 'shoot promos' should have a storyline connection, otherwise they become 'Russo territory' and are worthless.

- Interestingly, Paul said he and Lesnar approached Vince just before the Lesnar vs Punk match at Summerslam in August 2013 and suggested stretching out the Lesnar/Punk feud until Wrestlemania 30. Vince told them that wasn't what he had in mind, telling them that Undertaker would face Lesnar at the following years Wrestlemania 30 instead.
Link has a few more highlights from Heyman's Q&A session. at Rick Rude being a pervert during War Games 1992. http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/pa...ar-plan-216411

Quote:
April Mendez Brooks, better known as A.J. Lee, will have an autobiography called “Crazy is My Superpower: How I Triumphed Breaking Bones, Breaking Hearts and Breaking the Rules,” released on 4/4. The book will be independent of WWE, but the timing, in conjunction with WrestleMania season, is hardly coincidental
Quote:
John Cena signed a development deal to produce projects with Leftfield Entertainment. Leftfield currently produces some of reality television’s most popular shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE posted a video from the ESPYs teasing Big Show challenging Shaquille O'Neill to a match at WrestleMania.

BREAKING: Did @WWETheBigShow just challenge @NBA Legend @Shaq to a MATCH at @WWE @WrestleMania? #ESPYshttps://t.co/5hB3nadNJs
— WWE (@WWE) July 13, 2016

WWE teased the confrontation between the two last year during Wrestlemania 32's Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal with Shaq appearing as an unadvertised surprise. There was talk of doing the bout when Wrestlemania was held in Miami several years ago with Shaq even saying that it was going to happen publicly, until WWE responded with a statement that the match wasn't planned for Wrestlemania that year.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:15 PM   #109
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Wrestling Gif:

Quote:
With the WWE draft on the horizon, one of the still unresolved questions has been what the upcoming brand extension would mean for NXT.

But in an interview that appeared on ESPN.com on Thursday, WWE Chief Operating Officer Triple H (real name Paul Levesque) downplayed the effect that losing some of its top talent could have on the developmental territory-turned brand.

“It's funny that when people talk about it to me, some will say, 'Well, isn't that the downfall of NXT because when a superstar becomes big enough that he's immediately going to be taken away from you?' I feel that's the strength of the brand."

He further elaborated and said that NXT provides an opportunity for talent to showcase themselves to a segment of the audience before debuting on the main roster.

“Then, if you're following NXT, you're ahead of the curve when they come to Raw and SmackDown. You know everything about them and their backstories. It's like being a fan of the band before they hit it big.”

Levesque, described in the interview as the father of NXT, also raved about the unique talent that is Shinsuke Nakamura.

“Shinsuke brings something to the table that I haven't seen for a long time. He brings a level of charisma, a level of showmanship, that you don't see a lot of times with guys that have an aggressive style, with the striking and skill set, that he does.”
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...0-brock-lesnar

Quote:
Among those at the ESPY awards included Ric Flair (shown on camera during the monologue), Charlotte, The Miz, Maryse, Mark Henry, New Day, Nikki Bella, Stephanie McMahon, Rey Mysterio (in his mask) and Cryme Tyme. Cathy Kelly was brought to Los Angeles to film interviews. They did an angle where Big Show and Shaquille O'Neil teased a WrestleMania challenge. If they are ever going to do that match, and it's been teased for years, next year is the time with the show in Orlando. Miz and Maryse were walking around with their belts per order of management, but New Day didn't have to do so. Flair is friends with Cena and Charlotte went because Ric did. Big E often trains with Cena so they got the New Day in. Henry is close with Cena. Show was sent for the angle with Shaq, while Miz and Maryse live in Los Angeles.

Lost in the shuffle of all the news yesterday is how well John Cena did as the host of the ESPY awards. It was pretty clear watching it, with all the WWE references in the monologue, that this was an attempt to try and make pro wrestling acceptable to sports fans by joking about its lack of reality and its characters like Vince McMahon.
Quote:
TNA announced a deal on China's Youku platform to run Impact every Wednesday at 8 p.m..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In keeping with their relationship with WWE and this Wednesday's Cruiserweight Classic debut on the WWE Network, EVOLVE will hold a number of Cruiserweight Classic Spotlight matches at their upcoming events, beginning with this Saturday in Queens featuring Zack Sabre Jr. vs. TJ Perkins and Johnny Gargano vs. Cedric Alexander.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As PWInsider.com first reported last week, Randy Orton is at the WWE Performance Center this week getting back into ring shape and being medically cleared to return to the ring. Orton posted the following photo on Twitter showing the after-effects of his first day back inside the ring:

First day of getting back into 'ring shape'. #roperunningdrills pic.twitter.com/UBUC88TZJH
— Randy Orton (@RandyOrton) July 14, 2016
Quote:
It looks like USADA isn’t done with Brock Lesnar just quite yet.

MMAFighting.com is reporting that because Lesnar is still technically a member of the active UFC roster, he will continue to be drug-tested by USADA.

Apparently Lesnar must formally inform USADA that he is once again officially retired from UFC competition to get the drug tests to stop.

“To my knowledge, Brock Lesnar has not notified USADA of his retirement from the UFC,” Madden said to Marc Ramondi of MMA Fighting. “Therefore, he remains subject to USADA testing and the UFC anti-doping policy.”

Brock Lesnar made his Octagon return at the historic UFC 200 event this past weekend, defeating top-ten ranked heavyweight contender Mark Hunt via unanimous decision in the co-main event of the evening.
Could affect future plans the WWE has with Lesnar until he retires again since USADA would take priority for drug testing regardless what the Wellness Policy allows. Also might make it harder for Lesnar to unretire later on since he might lose the testing exemptions he got for the Hunt fight.

Quote:
The opening night of the G-1 Climax tournament on 7/18 in Sapporo will be at 2 a.m. Eastern early Sunday morning or 11 p.m. Pacific time with both English and Japanese commentary on New Japan World. Besides all the undercard tag matches, there will be five A block matches, Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Tama Tonga vs. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto vs Bad Luck Fale, Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Seiya Sanada and Kazuchika Okada vs. Naomichi Marufuji. That’s the only G-1 show of the next week as they have three days off and return for shows on 7/22 and 7/23 in Tokyo. All shows are live on New Japan World, although after the first day, none will be in English until the final three days
Quote:
Moose signed a two-year deal and debuted on the 7/12 TV show. It had been almost a sure thing this would happen ever since WWE backed off on signing him. TNA’s offer was above that of WWE or ROH. The final numbers we heard were $80,000 first year; $96,000 second year from one source involved with his talks and attempting to get him from anther promotion. TNA sources claim $75,000 and it’s a similar deal to the one the company has attempted but not yet signed with the Hardys, Ethan Carter III and Drew Galloway but does have with Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, Lashley and some others where TNA will try to recoup the money by having the rights to book him on a maximum 110 total dates per year with the remainder being indie dates. He retained his rights to book himself out of the contract with certain indie groups but TNA has the rights to book him with all others.
Some details regarding the deal Moose signed with TNA.

Quote:
Regarding the Final Deletion production, it was mostly masterminded by Matt Hardy with Jeremy Borash and Billy Corgan having some input and Jeff Hardy coming up with a few ideas as well. Borash handled the production, editing and the direction of the segments. The rest of creative and Dixie Carter didn’t even know what they were doing but at least gave them the okay to do it. This was not meant as a blow-off but as a start of something new. Hopefully it doesn’t end up like the Angle/Samoa Joe shoot direction that got over so well, did a record buy rate for the company, and was then dropped cold and turned back into a normal pro wrestling program. Senor Benjamin isn’t actually Matt’s gardener, but he’s his father-in-law who they are now going to try and market. Everyone in wrestling ended up talking about it and it’s the first time TNA has had this kind of a buzz in a long time. The entire WWE creative team watched it together which led to the copy. It will also be replayed in longer form on the first Thursday night show and they will be doing an overrun that night

• WWE recently signed a deal with card manufacturer Topps for a new series of WWE digital trading cards. http://www.topps.com/topps-apps/To
  • Dolph Ziggler recently had an interview with Fox News and the topic involving how the 2016 Presidential Election race is comparable to wrestling. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...h-america.html
  • According to a recent Observer Radio show, John Cena is likely following an Orton route in regards to working fewer house shows. Currently only has 6 house shows booked from now till November.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Charlotte currently has the most ppvs wins out of everyone in the current Women's division and 4th most wins all-time. Charlotte has 12 wins and needs 2 more wins to tie Mickie James for 3rd and 12 more wins to tie Trish Stratus for 1st. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...n_any_current/
Old 07-15-2016, 10:24 PM   #110
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Wrestling Gif II:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from an out-of-competition drug test administered June 28.

Lesnar, 39, returned to the Octagon for the first time since December 2011 to defeat Mark Hunt via decision. The pro wrestling star remains under contract with WWE and declined to say whether he would fight in a UFC match again.

The UFC announced Lesnar's potential violation on Friday. In a statement, the UFC said it was not informed of the potential violation until Thursday which explains why Lesnar was able to compete at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE star Cody Rhodes posted the following on Twitter, seemingly in response to some sort of letter he's received (obviously from WWE) about his usage of his ring name:

I own Rhodes

He was with me for my first breath and I was with him for his last

There's no piece of paper on Earth that takes my name away
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) July 15, 2016
Might just be an accidental oversight based on the next sheet story but if not, would debunk the recent rumor about Cody's release being a "work" by the WWE to wash away the Stardust stink from his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A number of independent wrestling promoters and wrestling convention promoters woke up to the sound of WWE's legal team this morning as we have heard of a number of promoters receiving cease and desist letters from WWE today.

WWE's letter informed the different promoters that they were utilizing WWE-owned photographs on advertising material on posters and/or online media to promote former WWE-contracted talents that are scheduled for upcoming independent dates.

Given how many promoters received cease and desists on the same day, it was obviously a strategy by WWE to hit everyone at once...and WWE is legally within their rights to do so as they would own any professional shots taken by their photographers.
Quote:
For Smackdown on Tuesday, the idea for the second screen experience is to get talent reactions and do interviews. Right now Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman are not scheduled for Tuesday's show. Originally Lesnar was announced and advertised. He has been pulled from all advertising. They will be doing a ton of shooting all day for a potential WWE network backstage documentary.
Quote:
There is talk of bringing back more enhancement matches on television and using locals, both men and women in WWE. Not sure if it's for B show or A shows or how often, but the key is to have some experience and look in shape.
Quote:
Randy Orton said on Booker T's podcast this past week that he's expecting to be working with A.J. Styles after SummerSlam. There are cities this is being advertised in already. WWE is also planning on releasing an Orton DVD in November.
Quote:
Giving his blessing to The Club to use the "too sweet" gesture:

"If you're over enough to use that and the people don't sh-- on you, you're over. I don't mind it at all. I just didn't like them bringing in Doc and Anderson, then having that six-man elimination match [against Roman Reigns and The Uso's]. There is no reason to beat those two guys coming in the door. You're missing heel talent and you're going to beat these two guys? But they corrected it. It's almost like, 'No one can get over you except us,' even though you were over someplace else. They make the reference to AJ like he was a Japan guy–he was a TNA guy. He was in Japan for like a year. And the thing is, he's tearing the TV up."
Prior to Nash, Scott Hall gave his blessing for the Bullet Club to use the gesture since he also didn't care if others wanted to use it to help get over. Part of a recent interview Kevin Nash had with Sports Illustrated. http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...t-brock-lesnar

Quote:
Dark match: TM61 beat Mustafa Ali & Sean Maluta with a double team elevated spinebuster finish on Maluta.

- Gran Metalik beat Tajiri

- Kota Ibushi beat Cedric Alexander

Incredible match, a MOTY level performance by both men. Crowd was fired up and got hotter as it went. Amazing near falls and counters. Ibushi won with his powerbomb. Fans chanted for the WWE to sign them both after the match.

Alexander even had a curtain call and quick appearance by Triple H to put his arm on Alexander before taking him away. Loud reaction. Unbelievable match and star making performance.

- Akira Tozawa beat Jack Gallagher

- Noam Dar beat HoHo Lun

- The Brian Kendrick beat Tony Nese

- Rich Swann beat Lince Dorado

- Zack Sabre Jr. beat Drew Gulak

- TJ Perkins beat Johnny Gargano

Spoiler tag used since its related to last night's tapings for the 2nd Round of WWE's Cruiserweight tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 7/14 edition of Smackdown, the last taped Thursday night show, 2,068,000 viewers, down from last week's 2,241,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Scotty 2 Hotty is on the road with WWE NXT this weekend for their house shows. He was used as a guest Coach recently at the WWE Performance Center.

Stevie Richards is slated to be at the Performance Center next week, working as a Guest Coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
www.WWEDVDNews.com is reporting that a new Randy Orton DVD release will repace the planned OMG: ECW DVD that was slated to be released this November. I'm guessing the ECW DVD will instead be released in 2017.
Quote:
WWE sent out a new fan survey today, asking for feedback on possible benefits that could be added to WWE Network subscriptions. Here is what was in the email, courtesy of Pwinsider.com…

Downloads for offline viewing on mobile devices

Providing the ability to buy merchandise such as video games and WWE apparel before they are available to the public, travel package discounts.

The ability to vote for WWE Hall of Fame inductees.

Offering discounted subscription bundles. Examples given were one year for $99.99 or 6 Months for $49.99.

Offering a discount for Hulu Plus and/or a combined WWE Network/Hulu Plus plan, in order to allow fans to have access to Raw and Smackdown via Hulu Plus.

Providing one free month of the WWE Network after every 12 consecutive months of being a paid Network subscriber.

An ad free WWE.com.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #111
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
WWE sent out a new fan survey today, asking for feedback on possible benefits that could be added to WWE Network subscriptions. Here is what was in the email, courtesy of Pwinsider.com…

Downloads for offline viewing on mobile devices

Providing the ability to buy merchandise such as video games and WWE apparel before they are available to the public, travel package discounts.

The ability to vote for WWE Hall of Fame inductees.

Offering discounted subscription bundles. Examples given were one year for $99.99 or 6 Months for $49.99.

Offering a discount for Hulu Plus and/or a combined WWE Network/Hulu Plus plan, in order to allow fans to have access to Raw and Smackdown via Hulu Plus.

Providing one free month of the WWE Network after every 12 consecutive months of being a paid Network subscriber.

An ad free WWE.com.
I'm down for any/all of that esp. the Hulu combo thing
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #112
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm kind of cool with AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton. I imagine Styles will chastise Orton for losing to Brock at SummerSlam.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #113
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
and you just know they want Orton to counter the Phenominal F(ph)orearm into an RKO
Impact! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:08 PM   #114
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact! View Post
and you just know they want Orton to counter the Phenominal F(ph)orearm into an RKO
Which AJ reverses into a calf crusher.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #115
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Becky Lynch Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Even with the advertising of the announcement of both brands General Managers and a Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins title match, Raw last night did 3.13 million viewers, down a bit from the 3.17 million from last week.

The show was probably hurt by the Republican National Convention, as Fox News coverage pushed Raw down to ninth place on cable for the night when it's usually been third in recent weeks.

The third hour, with the Ambrose vs. Rollins match, dropped in virtually every demo and the hour fell under 3 million viewers. Since WWE title matches on Raw are rare, this was the clearest sign perhaps ever of the lack of value to the viewing audience of the WWE title ...

The three hours of Raw were:

8 p.m. 3.20 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.24 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.96 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Multiple sources have confirmed that earlier today, there was a fight between Sin Cara and Simon Gotch of the Vaudevillains backstage at Smackdown in Worcester, MA at catering. While PWInsider.com has not yet learned what sparked the altercation, we have confirmed that it did indeed take place.
Quote:
In similar UFC drug test news, Brandon Howard got a statement from the New York State Athletic Commission that said that because the state doesn't license wrestlers individually, that even if Brock Lesnar was suspended in Nevada, which would be a suspension adhered to by all commissions that license participants in pro wrestling, he would not be suspended from pro wrestling in New York. They stated Lesnar is not a licensee, and only the promoter, the WWE, had a license. So Lesnar could only be stopped from wrestling based on the professional medical judgment of the examining physician, a decision of the WWE or if Lesnar himself decides not to participate. So his SummerSlam appearance is not in jeopardy with a Nevada suspension unless WWE makes that decision, and right now they haven't made that decision.
In recent testing news, Lesnar ended up failing two drug tests from the USADA.

Quote:
2K announced a Collector's Edition of WWE 2K 17, which will be limited to 50,000 copies worldwide, an NXT game. WWE 2K17 NXT Edition will be available exclusively for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for a suggested retail price of $99.99. The package will include the regular WWE 2K17 game, NXT enhancement pack with Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews, lithographs designed by Rob Shamberger and autographed by Nakamura, a Demon Finn Balor collectible figure, Topps NXT TakeOver London Mat Relics cards and a Goldberg pack.
Quote:
Regarding the story about WWE signing Kota Ibushi, multiple sources have stated that but WWE hasn't confirmed it. Mascara Dorada apparently signed on Thursday.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Ric Flair got engaged to longtime girlfriend Wendy Barlow (who was Fifi the Maid in WCW in the 90s). Flair bought her an engagement ring this past week.
Quote:
Heath Slater was busted open near the right eye at last night's house show in Bangor, ME. I believe that he bonked heads with Titus O'Neil in their singles match. Slater was bleeding so badly that the doctor stopped the match, which is very rare. Slater wasn't happy at all. He cut was so deep you could see the bone and needed 18 sutures to close it.
Quote:
There is a lot of talk about the Rush vs. L.A. Park match from Thursday night because they went into business for themselves at the end.
Supposedly beer bottles got involved with LA Park nailing Rush with a case of them once it turned into a brawl.

Quote:
PWG made several match announcements for their Battle of Los Angeles shows. Will Ospreay vs. Fenix, Matthew Riddle vs. Kyle O’Reilly, Dalton Castle vs. Jack Gallagher, and Chris Hero vs. Jushin Liger have been announced as tournament matches. And night two of the tournament will feature two big tag matches with Ospreay, Ricochet, & Matt Sydal vs. Adam Cole & The Young Bucks and Fenix & Pentagon Jr. vs. Chris Hero & Tommy End.
Quote:
WWE’s seemingly never-ending battle with former performers over whether the company is culpable for concussions and other head injuries suffered by wrestlers working in their ring took a significant step forward on Monday.

Bloomberg first reported that a lawsuit was brought against WWE by dozens of wrestlers who used to work for the company, alleging that the organization did not "in any medically competent or meaningful manner" care for head injuries suffered by their performers.

WWE issued a statement about the allegations:

"This is another ridiculous attempt by the same attorney who has previously filed class action lawsuits against WWE, both of which have been dismissed. A federal judge has already found that this lawyer made patently false allegations about WWE, and this is more of the same. We’re confident this lawsuit will suffer the same fate as his prior attempts and be dismissed."

The attorney that they're referring to is Konstantine Kyros, who has led the legal charge against WWE over the matter.

Bloomberg lists Jimmy Snuka, Road Warrior Animal, and King Kong Bundy among those involved in the lawsuit. Just last month, Snuka was declared not mentally competent enough to stand trial in the 1983 death of Nancy Argentino.

Similar to the landmark lawsuit that was brought against the NFL, this suit also claims that WWE knowingly misled performers about the dangers of concussions and other head injuries.

It also goes beyond head injuries and questions the legality of WWE's system of using talent as independent contractors instead of employees.

This is not the first time WWE has been sued over similar matters, and as has been extensively covered in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, other lawsuits have not been particularly effective.

Earlier this year, WWE lawyers were successful in getting most complaints brought by Billy Jack Haynes, Vito LoGrosso, and others dismissed.

One of many reasons previous lawsuits were unsuccessful is, though wrestling may be inherently dangerous, they have failed to prove actual concrete and specific wrongdoing by WWE.
The part about them challenging the "independent contractors" system might be the biggest thing about the lawsuit. Huge ramifications if it actually happens since the WWE gets very weary whenever someone tries to legally challenge it like Del Rio before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The most recent lawsuit filed against WWE regarding concussions and this time, laying out allegations that by classifying wrestlers as independent contractors, the company prevented the talents from receiving proper medical and other protections, has gotten a ton of mainstream attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA announced the following Bound for Glory Playoff matches for Thursday's Impact:

*EC3 vs. Eli Drake

*Bram vs. Drew Galloway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In speaking to a WWE source after Raw, we are told that WWE has not yet signed any new talents officially for the division but you can expect to hear that talents currently working the CWC will be offered full-time deals of some sort, given they can pass the WWE medical testing prior to signing. WWE has a number of the CWC talents in mind for those slots.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:39 AM   #116
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Damn. Sin Cara and Simon Gotch aren't exactly in the position where they should be making trouble. Sin Cara beat up Sheamus once didn't he? I wonder who got the better of the other in their scuffle?
Old 07-20-2016, 04:39 AM   #117
Mr. Nerfect

It was probably over who appreciates Becky Lynch more.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #118
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Damn. Sin Cara and Simon Gotch aren't exactly in the position where they should be making trouble. Sin Cara beat up Sheamus once didn't he? I wonder who got the better of the other in their scuffle?
Wasn't that Yoshi Tatsu who beat the shit out of Sheamus for not washing the dishes or something?
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #119
Cool King
King K Cool

Yeah, apparently when they were all roommates in Tampa, Ted Dibiase and Tatsu confronted Sheamus about his unwashed protein shakers.

Sheamus was apparently being a dick about the whole thing and he then threw a protein shaker at Tatsu and goaded him to do something about it.

The story then goes that Tatsu kicked Sheamus' ass and left him crying and/or running for cover.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #120
Mr. Nerfect

Yeah, that happened too, but I'm sure I remember something about Sin Cara beating up Sheamus too.