TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 PM   #1601
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Classic WCW Rasslin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
While airing on the USA Network as part of WWE Week, NXT averaged 841,000 viewers for last night's episode ...

Given the value of wrestling programming, that's not a number that would seem to make USA try to add it to the package regularly since Tough Enough did better numbers and wasn't renewed, though the 55-minute episode of NXT did air at 7 p.m. Eastern time instead of what is traditionally considered prime time for television.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Former WWF manager Yamaguchi-San — who was paired with Kaientai during the Attitude Era — has been hospitalized after suffering a stroke.

Shunsuke Yamaguchi, one-half of WWE’s Japanese announce team and the Kaientai manager’s real-life brother, posted an update on Facebook revealing the unfortunate news.

He explained, “Some of u might have heard but my brother Yusuke aka Yamaguchi Wally or Yamaguchi San had a stroke. This is a pic from 1 am est. Don’t know how long he has. Some of his friends from school and Gong Magazine have visited him. Love you brother!!!”

Funaki tweeted afterward offering his prayers.
For some reference, he was the guy famous for the "choppy off pee pee" line during Kaientai's feud with Val Venis.

Quote:
Wally Yamaguchi, a very important figure in the Japanese wrestling business in the 80s and 90s, had a major stroke and as of earlier today was in a coma and his condition is not good. He was a key figure in both the magazine business, as well as the independent wrestling business having helped start FMW which was the first really strong Japanese indie group. He was a major figure helping Giant Baba with All Japan, and a major editor of Gong Magazine in that magazine's heyday. He was also Yamaguchi-san in WWE as the manager of Kaientai, and also worked for WWF for years as its Japanese industry liaison. His brother, Shun Yamaguchi, works for WWE today as a Japanese language television announcer live at the PPV shows.
Quote:
ROH will be debuting a new world heavyweight title belt for Cody tomorrow night at the Final Battle PPV.

Ric Flair will be appearing for House of Glory Wrestling in Jamaica, NY on Saturday at Club Amazura. The show is headlined by Zack Sabre Jr. vs Amazing Red.

Those under contract to Lucha Underground have been forced to cancel indie dates for weekends starting in mid-February. Right now the battle plan is for tapings for the new season to start on 2/16. This could get in the way of some wrestlers working the February New Japan tour. Pro Wrestling Revolution has announced that Rey Fenix and Penta 0M are off the 2/24 show in San Jose due to tapings.
ROH link: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...-belt.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Variety has an exclusive interview with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson about his possible candidacy for President of the United States. In the interview, Johnson says that he will not be eligible for the 2020 election due to his busy schedule for the next few years. However, The Rock says it feels realistic to look towards the 2024 election cycle.

The Jumanji star says the whole idea came out of the blue and he never expected to catch fire like it did. He said the following:

“It was never something that I trumpeted and beat my chest and ever said publicly, ‘This is what I’m going to do,’ but as that story picked up, Americans picked it up and there was this sentiment of, ‘We’re not joking, and we would really love the idea if you would run,'” Johnson recalls.

“In that, I knew I had to listen to the people and really, really think about it,” he continues. “That’s where I’m at right now — I’m well aware politics is not the business I’m in, so the best thing I can do is continuing to listen and learn as much as I can. I’m continuing to watch our presidency and watch how every new development is handled. I continue to watch our leaders in government, and like all Americans, I continue to be hopeful that our leaders exhibit poise, perspective and the ability to bring our country together during these tough times — which I don’t feel our presidency is currently doing — so that’s where I’m at.”
More highlights and link to the interview: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...ident.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Following the Final Battle PPV tomorrow in New York City, Ring of Honor will return to the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, PA for a TV taping. Announced thus far for the taping is:

*The Young Bucks vs. Trent Beretta & Chuck Taylor vs. Dragon Lee & Titan.
*Flip Gordon vs. Marty Scurll.
*War Machine vs. Coast 2 Coast - Coast 2 Coast will disband if they lose.

ROH will also feature a number of Women of Honor bouts featuring Deonna Purrazzo,Mandy Leon, Sumie Sakai, Jenny Rose, Brandi Rhodes, and Kelly Klein, among others. ROH has been teasing a special announcement about the WOH division, which may the crowning of its first champion, something that has been talked about for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It's programming for WWE Week on the Network, nothing more, but if it does a great number, the door opens for USA to be more interested in the brand obviously..What would you think if NXT did well next week and then went to USA as replacement for hour 3 of Raw? Do you think the ratings for hour 3 would go up? Would they stay up if Vince allowed HHH to produce the segment exactly as NXT is being produced now?

Let's go backwards on this. One, if the series was being produced for the USA Network, it would have Vince McMahon's fingerprints all over it and like ECW on Syfy or the original incarnation of NXT, it would be a brand that was designed for the average fan in mind and would feature all the usual tropes of a WWE broadcast. Even the NXT episode that aired last night wasn't the same one that aired on the WWE Network - there would be massive changes to how much time they had and whether the product could remain what it is on the Network. It wouldn't be the NXT that everyone has come to at this point.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles on why NXT being a regular tv show would be a big mistake considering past history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE have applied to trademark "The Most Patriotic Show on Television," obviously referring to their annual Tribute to the Troops show, the latest of which will air tonight on the USA Network.

Meanwhile, WWE are opposing Mudder Technology, a company based in Hong Kong, who have applied for a U.S. Trademark for the word "wrestler" for use with cases for smartphones and other smart devices. WWE have requested for an extension to file an opposition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Konnan, who is working as the head writer for Aro Lucha, announced the promotion would hold its first live event on 1/20/18 in Lubbock, Texas at the Fair Park Coliseum On The Fairgrounds.
Quote:
This Mixed Match Challenge experiment is two-sided. Facebook will get to see what type of response and value WWE programming would have. For WWE, if Facebook sees the value as being worth a ton of money, it can use Facebook to either leverage up the television rights fees for programming for its next contract, or even move Raw, Smackdown or both, to Facebook if they make the best offer and the feeling is they won’t lose audience in such a move.

Another key is with Facebook being worldwide and not just U.S., moving the key shows to a streaming service like that in late 2019 or early 2020, which would be the earliest a move could be made, would mean the payment would have to cover not just U.S. rights fees but the combined worldwide rights fees as if that move is made, it would affect every television partner worldwide.

Between Facebook being clearly interested in WWE programming, and the positive news about UFC being virtually a lock to get an increase in revenue from its new contract, meaning WWE would be expected to get the same next year, the stock price has increased to $31.88 at press time, giving the company at $2.458 billion market value. There are analysts throwing out $400 million annual numbers, which has also led to the stock increasing and could lead to the similar big fall that took place the last time out when the rights were sold for far less than the stock market was led to believe they would be.
According to the Observer, WWE's stocks are way over-valued right now due to them being around 3x more than the average and only because everyone once again is expecting a massive boost to their next tv contract.

Quote:
An interesting note on the situation with Chris Jericho at the Dome. We’re told that New Japan officials, while seeing that ticket sales for the Tokyo Dome show are strong, have found out in recent weeks just how little their audience knows about Jericho’s past in Japan. The fans all know that he’s a major WWE star, but that’s really all they know and it was surprising how few fans knew that he grew up to an extent in the Japanese business in the 90s with WAR. The current New Japan fan base, that came in when the company has gotten hot in the past few years, is similar to the WWF fan base that came in during the Steve Austin era that had no idea of any WWE history prior to that point and Jericho’s career in Japan was mostly the early-and-mid 90s, aside from working WWE shows when they came to the country, and he’s noted he’s had 60 Japanese tours which would be on the high end historically. The response has had of late has been to heavily promote Jericho’s history in Japan
Quote:
Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae World’s Cutest Tag Team T-shirts are being test marketed at some Hot Topic locations to see if there is enough interest to distribute them nationally
Quote:
It also appears that Impact and AAA will be working more closely together going forward and with Callis in a power position and seeing New Japan up close, one has to think he’d be looking at ways to bring in their key foreign stars, although in some cases that would also make it necessary to start a working agreement with ROH

Brian Cage has been talked with about coming into Impact. He’s also been talked with about New Japan, after how well he did with NOAH in that incredible match with Katsuhiko Nakajima over the GHC title

The expectation is that Bobby Lashley and Ethan Carter III will leave when their contracts are up, and one or both will end up with WWE

Some other sheet news includes:
  • WWE is currently reported to have signed German MMA fighter Nicoli Salchow to a developmental deal and will start next month at the Performance Center.
  • ROH recently released the updated card for tomorrow's Final Battle PPV event. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...ineup.html?p=1
  • WWE recently canceled a scheduled show for early next year in Edmonton, Alberta Canada due to a new ban on combat sports in the city. The ban was passed as part of the fallout from the June death of a boxer in the city. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...orts-.html?p=1
  • Edge revealed Curt Hawkins will be tomorrow's guest for the E&C podcast show as part of a 10th year anniversary reunion of the Edgeheads. https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/statu...33789791412224
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 9 year anniversary of Jeff Hardy winning the WWE championship. https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingMag/...871872/video/1
  • One of Booker T's former students and wrestler at his Reality of Wrestling promotion was recently charged with the murder of his girlfriend. Only reason he got busted was due to his car getting stuck in a creek where he dumped the body and a friend being called for help but instead called the police when he saw the real reason why he was needed.
  • According to the Observer, Elgin might be filing a lawsuit against the woman who released chats between the two implying at the sexual harassment by Elgin and his wrestling school.

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #1602
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Super CenaReigns:

Quote:
Roman Reigns is not scheduled for any of the Raw house shows this coming week nor for Raw in Providence. Strangely, the WWE web site also doesn't list Brock Lesnar for Providence even though that has been scheduled for his return and as of this writing Lesnar is "absolutely" scheduled for the show. We'll update on this later today. Randy Orton is also not scheduled for the only Smackdown house show this week which is in Portland, ME.
Quote:
WWE Tribute to the Troops last night did 1,401,000 viewers. Last year's show did 1,383,000 viewers but it was way down from all prior years.
Quote:
Low Ki vs. MVP was announced for the 1/11 MLW show in Orlando at Gilt Nightclub. Matt Riddle, Jimmy Havoc, MVP, Jeff Cobb, Tom Lawlor and Shane Strickland are also on the show.

AAW on 12/30 in Merrionette Park, IL at 115 Bourbon Street has Windy City Classic 13 with Rey Fenix vs. Jeff Cobb for the AAW title, Eddie Kingston vs. David Starr with the loser having to manage the winner for one year in a street fight, Sami Callihan & Dave & Jake Crist vs. Myron Reed & Stephen Wolf & Trey Miguel, Matt Riddle vs. ACH, Sean Waltman & Paco vs. Connor Braxton & Jake Something.

There is a show on 12/17 in Kennedale, TX at the Soccer Zone Arena with Penta 0M & Rey Fenix vs. M-ximo & La Mascara, Black Taurus vs. Keith Lee and Sammy Guevara vs. Flip Gordon vs. Ultimo Ninja vs Draztick Boy.
Quote:
It appears that Noam Dar will be out of action for the next several months.

After WWE announced on 205 Live this week that Dar had a knee injury that would require surgery, an article on WWE.com noted that Dar underwent successful surgery on his left knee in Orlando yesterday. WWE claims that Dar suffered the injury, which was a "bucket handle" tear of his meniscus, in the cruiserweight fatal four-way match on the November 27th episode of Raw. He then got an MRI done this Monday after weeks of lingering issues.

While the exact time it will take him to recover from the injury hasn't been confirmed, Dar said in the WWE.com article that he's more than likely going to be out for around five months. Dar also said he hopes training at the Performance Center will reduce the timetable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Enzo is mad at the DMV in Delaware because they have an issue with him using a drawing of genitalia as his signature. I am not making this up. I almost wrote "Enzo says he is a dick" as the headline.
TPWW Frontpage has more details and the wiener drawing used as his signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
ROH is holding a big Final Battle sale with 25% off apparel and 35% off DVDs and Accessories, which you can shop at by clicking here.
Link: http://www.rohwrestling.com/shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Impact Wrestling star Grado announced that his mother passed away today, writing the following tribute on his official Facebook page:

"After a long fight, my Mum passed away peacefully this morning. She was my biggest inspiration for everything I’ve ever done. I had to beg her to be in the first Insane Fight Club and I am glad she eventually gave in. I’ll never forget her watching the telly waiting on Eastenders coming on and the trailer for it appeared and they had used a clip of her moaning about seeing me getting skelped with a steel chair during a match and there being blood pouring everywhere. “GRAEME YOU GET DOON THIS STAIRS THE NOO, AM AFFRONTED”

Then at The Hydro when Al Snow asked me during the day if she would be up for getting involved in our match. I gave her a phone to get her thoughts. She was in the boozer with all my mates and shouted to everyone “HERE, Av to slap Al Snow the night!”. I had to bite my lip to stop me from peeing myself when it happened, her and My Dad steaming in the front row trying to leather Al Snow.

I am absolutely heart broken, she was my biggest fan. I hope I will continue to make you proud. #GradosMaw"
Link: https://www.facebook.com/gradowrestl...type=3&theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Becky Lynch is being figured into creative plans on the Smackdown brand for early January, so she is about to finish up filming the latest Marine film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
World Wrestling Entertainment will present the 2017 Clash of Champions PPV from Boston, MA this Sunday 12/17, featuring the following announced lineup:

*WWE champion AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal.

*WWE Smackdown Tag Team champions The Usos vs. New Day vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin vs. Aiden English & Rusev.

*Lumberjack Match: WWE Smackdown Women's champion Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya.

*WWE United States champion Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bobby Roode.

*Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan as guest referees. If Zayn and Owens lose, they are fired from WWE.

*The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Breezango.

*Mojo Rawley vs. Zack Ryder. (Kickoff Show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TMZ is reporting that a deal between WWE and Ronda Rousey is nowhere close to being done. They claim in their story that after speaking to multiple sources on each side that a deal between the UFC fighter and WWE hasn't even got off the ground. One source stated that Rousey had not even begun negotiations with WWE yet.

This flies in the face of a recent Sports Illustrated report that Rousey's WWE deal was "imminent."

As previously reported on PWInsider.com, there has been communication between the two sides and Rousey, sometimes privately, has worked out at the WWE Performance Center. Rousey made an appearance at Wrestlemania several years ago alongside The Rock doing a segment with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon and appeared in the crowd at a number of Mae Young Classic events, teasing the idea of the MMA Four Horsewomen against WWE's own Four Horsewomen in Bayley, Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch.

While the idea of that eight woman tag has excited WWE fans, it appears it's not just yet on the horizon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
A new episode of "Table For Three" will air on the WWE Network after Monday's RAW goes off the air. The episode will feature Finn Balor talking with The Hardys. Below is the synopsis:

"Finn Balor and The Hardys discuss the motivations behind their most extreme personas and share personal tales of their paths to WWE."
Quote:
As noted, former Impact Wrestling X Division Champion & British Boot Camp winner Rockstar Spud (James Michael Curtin) is scheduled to debut with WWE at next week's RAW in Providence, RI and 205 Live in Newark, NJ. In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer revealed that officials at Impact weren't happy with Spud's signing.

Spud is expected to immediately start in WWE's cruiserweight division. After he signed a contract with the WWE in October, the company was waiting on his working visa to come through so he can get started. Meltzer wrote that some people at Impact were upset because they had spent a significant amount of money to assist Spud with getting his visa taken care of before he quit to accept the WWE offer.

Spud had previously worked for Impact since 2012, when he beat Marty Scurll to win the British Boot Camp reality show to earn a contract. Impact spent nearly $20,000 in legal fees straighten out any issues with the immigration offices in the U.K. so Spud can return to the U.S. Two weeks after he returned to the country, he asked for his release from Impact and was granted it in September.
Quote:
As noted, former WWE cruiserweight champion Rich Swann has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest on Sunday. In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted how the rest of the WWE locker room reacted to the news.

According to Meltzer, many superstars were shocked to hear what happen but the people who knew Swann and his wife Vannarah Riggs, who works the indies as Su Yung, well knew that a situation like this was possible. Many who knew them from their time on the independent circuit would describe both of them as "broken" because of events in their lives before wrestling. They were able to find love in each other, but the relationship was believed to be combustible to begin with.

With Swann's future in the WWE currently up in the air, other superstars feel bad for how this might affect him and his wife financially. Meltzer noted that it's possible his WWE career is over for good.

Some stuff from the TPWW Frontpage:
Old 12-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #1603
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Drifter's Denial of a Hug It Out Moment:

Quote:
A weaker NFL game than last week saw Raw increase four percent to 2.78 million viewers last night.

Unlike last week where they loaded up the third hour and it was the second hour that had a big decline, this week had two normal hours and a huge third hour decline.

The third hour did the second lowest number since June. Raw is often helped coming off a PPV but logically, even with the Shane McMahon/Daniel Bryan intrigue, that should not help the Raw number ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.09 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.80 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.47 million viewers
Quote:
With New Japan Pro Wrestling having no more shows between now and the Tokyo Dome, the full card for Wrestle Kingdom 12 has been revealed.

There will be 10 matches on the show. Most of those had already been announced going into NJPW's Road to Tokyo Dome events, but two more title matches and the pre-show Rumble have now been confirmed.

NEVER Openweight Champion Minoru Suzuki will officially defend his title against Hirooki Goto in a hair vs. hair match, with another stipulation being that no other wrestlers will be at ringside for it. The NEVER Six-Man Tag Team titles will also be on the line in a gauntlet match at the Dome ...

The Tokyo Dome will host Wrestle Kingdom 12 on January 4th. It will air live on NJPW World with English commentary available, then a three-hour special with the top matches will be shown on AXS TV on January 6th. Here's the full lineup for the show:

IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada defending against Tetsuya Naito
IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega defending against Chris Jericho in a no DQ match
IWGP Intercontinental Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi defending against Jay White
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Marty Scurll defending against Will Ospreay, KUSHIDA, and Hiromu Takahashi in a four-way match
NEVER Openweight Champion Minoru Suzuki defending against Hirooki Goto in a hair vs. hair match
IWGP Tag Team Champions Killer Elite Squad defending against SANADA & EVIL
Kota Ibushi vs. Cody (w/ Brandi Rhodes)
NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champions Bad Luck Fale & Guerrillas of Destiny defending against Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Beretta, Togi Makabe, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi, Michael Elgin & War Machine, and Zack Sabre Jr., Takashi Iizuka & Taichi in a gauntlet match
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Sho & Yoh defending against The Young Bucks
The New Japan Rumble (pre-show)
Quote:
New Japan Pro Wrestling has added a stipulation to Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho's IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship match at the Tokyo Dome.

At a press conference prior to this morning's Road to Tokyo Dome show, NJPW revealed that Omega vs. Jericho would now be a no disqualification match. The stipulation is the result of two angles that took place last week. Jericho first attacked and bloodied Omega at NJPW's World Tag League finals, then Omega tried to get retribution by attacking Jericho during a press conference the next day.
Quote:
A big name is returning to Raw on next week's holiday edition of the show.

WWE announced tonight that John Cena would be back on television for next Monday's Christmas Day episode of Raw. It will be the first time Cena has been on WWE TV since he was part of SmackDown's men's division team at Survivor Series. Before returning for that pay-per-view, Cena lost to Roman Reigns in September as their feud ended at No Mercy.

Cena is currently still a "free agent" in storyline and can wrestle on both Raw and SmackDown. Next Monday should tell whether he's just being added to give Raw a boost on Christmas or if he'll be on the brand more often as we head into Royal Rumble season.

Next week's Raw will take place in Chicago, Illinois and will be the first time the show has ever aired live on Christmas Day. The following Monday, Raw will also air live from Miami, Florida on New Year's Day.
Quote:
Dean Ambrose has a legitimate right elbow injury even though on television it appeared to be an angle.

We're not sure of the severity of the injury but he came to television hurt and the show was rewritten to cover for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE ran an article on their website this afternoon, featuring an update on Dean Ambrose's arm injury.

“An MRI has shown suspicion for a high-grade triceps tendon injury, possibly a tear, so he is undergoing surgical exploration and most likely surgical repair of the torn triceps tendon,” WWE's Dr. Chris Amann told the website “That surgery will be happening later this evening, and we should have some further updates either later tonight or tomorrow morning as to what the findings were, what the structures that were damaged were, and also a timeline for recovery.”
Quote:
Tom Zenk, a bodybuilder turned wrestler who was one of the most popular guests on Wrestling Observer Live after his career in wrestling ended, passed away on December 9th at the age of 59.

Few details are available at this point other than he passed away at North Memorial Medical Center in Robbinsdale, Minnesota.
Quote:
A member of the WWE main roster is set to wrestle for PCW (Preston City Wrestling) in February.

PCW announced today that Apollo Crews would be taking part in their Road to Glory 2018 tournament on February 10th. PCW noted that Crews is returning for one night only and thanked WWE, Triple H, and William Regal for allowing him to do so.

When he was still known as Uhaa Nation before heading to WWE, Crews held the PCW Heavyweight Championship from November 2014 to March 2015. He joins Zack Sabre Jr. as the first two wrestlers who have been confirmed for the tournament.
Link: https://twitter.com/PCW_UK/status/942140006747066370

Quote:
With Tribute to the Troops airing on the USA Network as part of WWE Week, WWE and Impact Wrestling went head-to-head in the ratings this past Thursday night.

And the results weren't good for Impact. This week's show averaged 161,000 viewers, the lowest number for a new episode of Impact since debuting on Pop TV. It was even lower than the audience for the Thanksgiving edition of Impact this year, which did 169,000 viewers. Earlier this month, Impact did 226,000 viewers for the December 7th episode.
Quote:
The first-ever women's Royal Rumble match will be taking place next month.

Though few other details were announced, Stephanie McMahon appeared at the end of tonight's episode of Raw to reveal the news. She mentioned the evolution of WWE's women's division and the times they've made history over the last few years. She then said the first all-women's Royal Rumble match will take place at next month's pay-per-view.

Both Raw and SmackDown wrestlers will be featured in the women's Royal Rumble
Quote:
Becky Lynch posted the poster below on Instagram stories showing a poster for the women's Royal Rumble match featuring RAW and SmackDown stars as well as Billie Kay, Peyton Royce and Ronda Rousey, which has got some fans talking. It should be noted that the poster is fan-art, and WWE obviously wouldn't have Rousey on the poster only to put her way in the back. However, as Marc noted earlier, Dave Meltzer did state on Wrestling Observer Radio that there are women who are scheduled to be in the match that believe that Rousey will be a part of it. We did speculate on last night's episode of the Wrestling Inc. podcast right after RAW that we could see Rousey winning the Rumble and Asuka winning the RAW Women's Championship from Alexa Bliss, which would lead to Asuka defending against Rousey at WrestleMania 34.
Quote:
As noted, the women's Royal Rumble match will feature RAW and SmackDown Superstars competing for a women's title shot at WrestleMania 34. There's speculation on WWE NXT Superstars and stars from the past being brought in for the match but that has not been confirmed.
Quote:
WWE announced a first-time ever in Mongolia with a two hour edited version of Raw airing on Saturday at 11 a.m. and Smackdown airing Sunday at 11 a.m. on SPS HD, Mongolia's leading sports channel. It will be available in the country in both English and Mongolian. It will also be available for 14 days on video-on-demand. This will be the first time WWE has ever had television in Mongolia.

Hideo Itami makes his show debut on 205 Live tonight after appearing on Raw last night.

Elias is the first wrestler announced for next month’s men’s Royal Rumble. He was also the guest on today’s episode of the Steve Austin Show.

WWE celebrated their YouTube channel reaching 20 million subscribers.

The movie "Ferdinand," with John Cena voicing over the lead character is estimated to be doing $13,325,000 in its first weekend out. It was second to Star Wars which is estimated at more than $220 million. Fox 2 in Detroit reviewed it and gave it a thumbs up, saying it was good, but not great as a family film and said they felt sorry for it and every other movie out this weekend.
Elias link: http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble...l-rumble-match , Austin podcast: https://www.podcastone.com/episode/W...alk-With-Elias , WWE: http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-youtu...?sf176712061=1

Quote:
Revolution Pro Wrestling announced Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tyler Bate & Trent Seven for their show at York Hall on January 20th.

Lucha Forever issued a statement saying that they’ll “no longer be a trading company” as of this month and that any future shows have been canceled unless it’s stated otherwise in the message.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega from Dominion won NJPW’s fan-voted Match of the Year award. Omega also won the MVP award.

Style Battle in Brooklyn on January 14th will have Matt Riddle, WALTER, Nick Gage, Joey Janela, Shane Mercer, Kyle The Beast, Joey Lynch, and a wrestler from the last WWN tryout. WALTER vs. Gage is the first match announced for the event, which will take place in the afternoon before an EVOLVE show later that night.

Emma will face Deonna Purrazzo for Northeast Wrestling in Waterbury, Connecticut on March 2nd.
RevPro: https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/943218467842461697 , Lucha Forever: https://luchaforever.com/ , NJPW: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/943094259879616512 , Okada: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/943096196519751681 , Emma: https://twitter.com/DeonnaPurrazzo/s...30929123803138

Quote:
Here's an update from Dave Meltzer on Wally Yamaguchi’s health: “He was out of his coma yesterday after suffering a serious stroke. He was breathing on his own. He has no movement on the right side of his body, but the left side of his body is okay. He can't talk but he can listen and does understand what people are saying. He has improved greatly from the past two days. His former reporters from the heyday of GONG Magazine are there every day with him.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The word making the rounds at the WWE Performance Center over the last several days is that members of the latest class being signed for WWE NXT, which will be revealed in January are:

*Ricochet aka the former Prince Puma in Lucha Underground, who had been expected to sign for some time. Impact Wrestling had made a run at him, but was unsuccessful.

*Warbeard Hanson and Ray Rowe aka War Machine in ROH. It is believed the team (who were not under contract) finished up with the promotion at Final Battle and the Philadelphia TV taping the following day. They will finish up with New Japan at Wrestle Kingdom.

There are other names circulating as well as potentially being signed, including a very prominent female independent talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
While promoting his new animated film Ferdinand, John Cena was asked by The Independent in the UK about the idea that WWE "isn't good anymore" and whether that belief is simply those missing the Attitude Era being nostalgic for that time period. Cena gave a long response, noting that WWE, as a product, is unique is that it appeals to all age ranges and transcends all nationalities and religions.

During the interview, Cena pointed out, "What I love the most about it - next time you watch - so they always shoot the ring in a certain way, it's called the hard camera shot. Look beyond everything, look at the audience, that's the perfect picture of what I love, it's everybody. And that's why - I mean you wanna go deep down the rabbit hole - that's why everybody nowadays is polarising, because our audience is too big, so that's one of the problems that we have to fix but at the same time it's a great problem because if your audience is the world how are you going to please everybody?" Cena then pointed out that in the Attitude Era they were playing to a certain male demographic, therefore it was easier to nail what worked and what didn't.
Link to the interview: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...mpression=true

Old 12-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #1604
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Jolly Rusev Claus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/19 edition of Smackdown Live did 2,578,000 overnight viewers, well up from last week's 2,481,000overnight viewers.
Quote:
Three months after the end of their partnership with FloSlam, WWN has launched a new on-demand service.

The service, named "Club WWN," will cost $9.99 per month (with the first month free for subscriptions that begin by January 31st) and will include on-demand access to shows from EVOLVE, Shine, Style Battle, FIP, Dragon Gate USA, and other WWN promotions. The service doesn't include access to live iPPVs. Shows will be added approximately two weeks after they take place, and subscribers get a 50 percent discount on iPPV purchases.

When asked about the two-week delay, Gabe Sapolsky tweeted: "It is the best we can do as a small business at the $9.99 price. If we get a huge response, can consider other options, but right now it's impossible for us to give live iPPVs at that price. We are trying to follow PROGRESS [Wrestling's] model with this."
Link to announcement: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/T...id=gg5V5f5tpDM , tweet: https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/statu...86466306850816

Quote:
AXS TV officially announced today that Jim Ross and Josh Barnett have signed new contracts and will continue to host New Japan Pro Wrestling on the station.

"I'm excited to be returning to AXS TV, and with my partner, Josh Barnett, we look forward to another exciting year with AXS TV and their NJPW programming," Ross said. "NJPW has some of the finest athletes in the world performing for them and it's an honor to be able to add a narrative to their bouts."
Quote:
WWN announced this morning to Sports Illustrated that Will Ospreay will be returning to the promotion and wrestle two dates over WrestleMania weekend.

Ospreay will be on the April 5th EVOLVE show and the April 6th WWN Supershow. Gabe Sapolsky told Sports Illustrated that on the latter show, he's 90 percent sure that he's putting Ospreay against Matt Riddle. Ospreay and Riddle had their first singles match against each other for PROGRESS Wrestling last year.
Link: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/12...daniel-cormier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A number of PWInsider.com readers have noticed that Will Ospreay is being announced for independent events outside of Ring of Honor for Wrestlemania week in New Orleans. The word is that when his ROH deal expires, he will begin taking independent dates again, as opposed to being exlcusive to ROH. Whether this means he has officially departed the company, I do not know. There are many cases of talents who continue working for Ring of Honor after their deals expire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In regard to the much discussed Cody Rhodes/Young Bucks self-financed event in a 10,000 venue, we are told the current plan is for it will be in the Chicago area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE sources have told PWInsider.com that after last night's Smackdown Live, United States champion Dolph Ziggler will not be appearing on upcoming Smackdown episodes but as of this afternoon, is still scheduled to be working live events. It appears that he will be off TV to sell last night's angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former TNA Director Michael Vedder has returned to the company and will be replacing Dave Sahadi, who was recently let go by the company, as the lead Director and Producer of television producer.

As noted earlier this week, tomorrow's Impact Wrestling will be a "Best of 2017" episode. Announced for the first Impact of the year, 1/4/18 is Impact Wrestling champ Eli Drake vs. Alberto el Patron, Impact Wrestling X-Division champion Trevor Lee vs.Taiji Ishimori and James Storm vs. Dan Lambert with the idea that Storm would leave Impact if he loses. I think we all know how that one will go.

Bill Behrens will be working with Impact going forward on getting contracted talents third party bookings.

There has been continued talk within the company that one of the goals for the new year is to try and rebuild their old relationship with New Japan.
Quote:
As noted, Dean Ambrose underwent successful surgery to repair a torn triceps on Tuesday but there's still no word yet on when he will be back in action. Ambrose is already being replaced on cards for upcoming WWE live events by Jason Jordan. Jordan is now scheduled to team with Seth Rollins to face RAW Tag Team Champions The Bar at the December 26th WWE live event at Madison Square Garden.
Quote:
WrestlingInc.com owner Raj Giri recently interviewed hardcore wrestling legend Tommy Dreamer and they discussed the fall of ECW, his time brief stint with TNA, his upcoming House of Hardcore show and much more.

When ECW folded in 2001, Dreamer had hoped the company would survive. He said Paul Heyman's relationship with Vince McMahon is what hindered them from continuing.

"I did think it was going to survive, there were opportunities for it to survive," Dreamer said. "The biggest thing is none of us knew that Paul was in Vince's pocket the whole time, so it couldn't have survived because of that."
Link to the interview: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ul-heyman-was/

Quote:
WWE was doing some Virtual Reality testing at the Clash of Champions pay-per-view this past weekend. Justin LaBar, who hosts Chairshot Reality right here on Wrestling Inc., noted that WWE had some extra cameras on the top two ring posts and two outside of the ring for Virtual Reality testing being done.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that only a few people knew that Stephanie McMahon would be announcing the women’s Royal Rumble on Raw and that the wrestlers in the ring weren’t told about it in advance.
Link: http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wom.../#.Wjr4OVQ-cW9

Old 12-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #1605
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Rusev Claus Dislike of Pancakes:

Quote:
In a move that could indicate a big step toward getting involved with professional football, WWE chairman Vince McMahon sold 3.34 million Class A common shares of company stock Thursday for what could be in the ballpark of $100+ million dollars ...

"The shares sold by Mr. McMahon represent approximately 4.3% of the Company’s total outstanding shares of Class A and Class B common stock. After the sale, Mr. McMahon beneficially owns 32,193,375 shares of the Company’s Class B common stock, which represents approximately 82.8% of the Company’s total voting power and approximately 41.8% of the Company’s total outstanding shares of common stock."
One side effect of the huge sell by Vince to fund his potential XFL revival was it also caused WWE stocks to take a hit for the day by almost a dollar.

Quote:
On 12/16, McMahon applied for five new XFL trademarks, for football games, merchandise, downloadable software, and tons of other items. That would indicate that he's looking at using the XFL name for his football league and not the other names in prior trademarks that were filed in September.
Quote:
Alberto El Patron spent eight hours earlier this week working to help distribute more than 8,000 toys to needy families in the San Antonio area this Christmas season.

Hot Topic for today only in the stores themselves has 35 percent off all Bullet Club merchandise. That includes the new Chris Jericho "Alpha Club" shirts.

Bar Wrestling after getting all that pub for the Macauley Culkin appearance returns on 1/18 in Baldwin Park, CA with Billy Gunn, Joey Janela, Scorpio Sky, Dan Barry, Bill Carr, Jeff Cobb, Willie Mack, Taya Valkyrie, Joey Ryan, Candice LeRae, Delilah Doom, Brian Cage and more. (thanks to Jake Koch)
El Patron link: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...-news.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With yesterday's announcement that former WWE and ECW star Taz would be co-hosting a new morning drive radio show for CBS Sports Radio with Marc “The Moose” Malusis, the question remained as to what would happen to The Taz Show, the former ECW World champion's current radio show, which has surpassed 500 episodes.

During a Taz Show podcast episode that was released this morning, Taz stated that The Taz Show was not going to go away and would resume live episodes sometime in January. With his new morning drive show, the Taz Show would air later in the day, likely two days a week, live from New York City.

Taz noted that everything is being worked out, but if that stands, he'll be broadcasting at least 19 hours a week for CBS Sports Radio between the two shows, as opposed to the 10 hours a week he had been doing on The Taz Show.
Link to announcement: http://podcast.radio.com/audio/the-taz-show/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There is talk of Impact taping more content in February at another WrestlePro event in New Jersey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ethan Carter III applied to trademark 'EC3' on 12/15.

Also on 12/15, former WCW and WWE developmental star Daffney Unger applied to trademark her name.

On December 19th, the 'Broken Matt Hardy', 'National Wrestling Alliance' and WWE's 'He Hate Me' trademarks officially began their 'opposition to trademark' phases, the last step towards official ownership being assigned to those filing for the trademark.
Quote:
Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir are no longer training for pro wrestling at this time, and were until not too long ago. That would seem to indicate the Four Horsewoman vs. Four Horsewoman idea for a possible Ronda Rousey debut has been changed. Another indication is that Shayna Baszler is being pushed as a major debut in NXT, for a regular spot, and if they were doing that program, they should debut on television with an association together like originally happened at the Mae Young Classic tapings.
Quote:
There had been behind-the-scenes buzz that the remake of the Elite promotion hadn’t been paying talent, but nobody had said anything publicly until 12/19 when Garza Jr. said that he, Fuerza Guerrera, Bandido and Charly Manson hadn’t been paid. Two hours later an Elite official claimed Garza was lying and that he had been paid in advance and threatened legal action. He posted a series of text messages he had sent asking for his money. Then the other guy posted a check with the name and date blacked out for 650 pesos which is $34. I mean, that couldn’t have been more incriminating if they had tried. Garza talked about how ridiculous that was to make anyone think he’d work a show for 650 pesos and told people not to work their Christmas show. Then they threatened to sue Garza and would use their contacts to get him fired from Impact which I can’t even imagine happening
Some details regarding the check incident: https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/943264674988150784

Quote:
Dave Bautista, who turns 49 next month, is very serious about going back for a relatively lengthy (six months to a year) final full-time run. He doesn’t need to do it but it appears it’s something he wants to do. He’s doing well in Hollywood but the problem is if you sign with WWE, they own your contract and if something comes along, the company wanting him will have to negotiate with WWE, which makes the deal more difficult. As far as doing a thing like Goldberg or Lesnar where he works a few dates as a big attraction, that makes all the sense in the world, but he’s talking a more regular schedule. The last time he was in WWE, he noted how much more he enjoyed doing house shows than television, so that may play into it, but he didn’t work a full house show schedule. Plus, I’m not sure what you would do if he’s there for a year as a weekly character. Jericho can get away with it, but Jericho is a far more versatile performer and more entertaining, and also Jericho doesn’t care about winning and losing and is fine working midcard away from the title scene as long as he can be creative, since he has the mentality he’ll get anything he’s in over

Speaking of Batista, at one point he was talked about for the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame, but the feeling is if he’s coming back, that would be delayed, but he’s not on the list.
SPOILER: show
Brad Shepard, who broke the XFL story, listed five people as being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year as Bill Goldberg, The Dudleys, Bam Bam Bigelow, Kid Rock and Ivory. The XFL story was legit, even if it could be another name used. The list seems believable to me since we’d heard Goldberg as the probable headliner for some time, as well as the Dudleys names being talked about. We had not heard the other names.

We’d been told many in the company were wanting Jim Johnston, but they’ve never inducted a guy who wasn’t on-camera talent (even James Dudley, who worked closely with Vince’s father dating back to the 50s, did have a run as a manager and was inducted as a “manager extraordinaire” as Vince put it even though almost nobody even remembered his brief role as a performer). I don’t know that it can’t happen, and obviously it should happen given the importance of entrance music and the iconic nature of many of the tunes he put together, but the political nature of his being gone this year would seem to make that awkward
Quote:
Mahal in a video confirmed that he tore his labrum in his right shoulder back in September but continued to work on it, but he had to cut way down on the amount of weight he could use, although he said he’s okay now. Still, his body looks very different today from when he first won the title and before when the decision was made to push him
Quote:
Regarding Rich Swann, he and his wife, Vannarah Riggs (who wrestles as Su Yung) were back together by midweek if not earlier and were said to be doing well. Friends knew and she made it public writing on Facebook, “I can not wait to see my husband tomorrow. After such an awesome weekend of wrestling debuting in two different promotions across America, nothing would be better than to see his face.” I would suspect that she won’t be pressing charges. Ian Pickens, Swann’s attorney told Alex Marvez at The Sporting News that no charges have been officially filed and that the state attorney will make their decision on whether to file the charges. If no charges are filed legally, WWE may bring him back, but I don’t know if that would be a certainty. In theory, no charges should mean the slate is clean and he should return, but given the time we’re living in, they could simply decide not to use him
Quote:
All the stuff last week about creating history when Bliss and Banks wrestled in Abu Dhabi was untrue as it turns out. There have likely been women wrestling on independent shows in Abu Dhabi before, but even if not, TNA ran on November 29, 2010 in Abu Dhabi and one of the matches on the show was Madison Rayne & Sarita vs. Velvet Sky & Angelina Love. The funny thing is Sarita actually works for WWE now as a coach so they should be aware of that. But they write their own history all the time. On television this week, Stephanie McMahon, when pushing the narrative, changed it from the first time women had wrestled in the Middle East to the first time WWE women had wrestled. If you consider Egypt part of the Middle East, and almost everyone does, that wouldn’t be correct either as WWE has had a women’s match in Egypt. So by the time Smackdown rolled around, it had been qualified again to the first women’s championship match in the Middle East
Quote:
WWE has filed a claim for $6,105.40 against Scott Levy (Raven) and Marcus Bagwell (Buff Bagwell) for costs of depositions and transcripts in the lawsuit that was dropped. As noted, the case was dropped with no money going to Levy and Bagwell and before the case itself was discussed based on the WWE filing a countersuit against Levy and him backing off, and statements made by Bagwell which basically ruined his case
Quote:
The most-watched shows for the week on WWE Network were: 1. Clash of Champions; 2. Clash of Champions Talking Smack; 3. Clash of Champions pre-show; 4. NXT on 12/13 (notable because this was the show that aired on USA, and based on its placing, it likely did the same or more viewers even though it aired on USA); 5. Table for 3 with Balor and Hardys; 6. 205 Live from 12/12 (up from usual); 7. This Week in WWE; 8. Replay of a Raw episode from about a month ago; 9. Ride Along with Breeze & Fandango; 10. WWE Main Event (which almost never cracks top 20)
Quote:
Kalisto got injured as a result of being struck in the face by a water bottle that a fan threw on this week's episode of 205 Live from Newark, New Jersey.

The incident occurred as Kalisto was laying outside of the ring to sell a beatdown from Gentleman Jack Gallagher and The Brian Kendrick (teaming with Gran Metalik against Kendrick and Gallagher, the match got ruled a disqualification after Kendrick attacked Kalisto while Gallagher was the legal man).

The incident got caught on camera and shows a water bottle bouncing off the floor and nailing Kalisto in the mouth.

According to Kalisto's wife in a post on Instagram on Thursday, the assault required stitches and an MRI. She also speculates that her husband may have suffered a fracture.
Quote:
A fan tweeted William Regal and asked if he could wrestle one person from either the current main roster or NXT, who would he pick? Regal went with Shinsuke Nakamura.

@RealKingRegal if you could have one more match (which you can!) with anyone on the current @WWE or @WWENXT roster who would you pick?
— Alex Fernandez (@superfernandez1) December 20, 2017

@ShinsukeN
— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) December 21, 2017

Last edited by Emperor Smeat; 12-22-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Didn't pay attention to the rumored HoF list being included when copied & pasted
Old 12-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #1606
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Whoa, spoiler tags for the HoF stuff.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #1607
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's a bit late now though, I'm sure I caught a few names.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #1608
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Ziggy's Walkout of the Sheets:

Quote:
Kalisto appears to have been injured when a fan threw a water bottle at him on Tuesday's episode of 205 Live.

The bottle was thrown at Kalisto while he was laying outside the ring after he had teamed with Gran Metalik against Jack Gallagher & Brian Kendrick. The faces won by disqualification, with Gallagher & Kendrick continuing to attack them after the match. As Gallagher & Kendrick were walking away, the camera cut to a shot of a bottle, which wasn't empty, bouncing off the ground and hitting Kalisto in the mouth.

Abigail Rodriguez, Kalisto's wife, posted an update yesterday which revealed that Kalisto needed stitches, had an MRI done, and suffered a possible fracture. Rodriguez didn't reveal any specifics about the potential fracture.
Some more details and statements: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/k...05-live-248486

Quote:
With Vince McMahon having sold 3.34 million shares of WWE stock yesterday, the stock price fell $2.32 per share to $29.55. I wouldn't consider that anything alarming. There was a key stock analyst downgrade, as Citigroup downgraded from buy to neutral. However, the big picture is the same as it was and as long as the TV negotiations look positive, the company is in a good position to be more profitable. If it was WWE starting a new football league and not Vince McMahon on his own, that would be a very different story.

When McMahon sold his stock, he did so at slightly below actual market value so the actual money he got was $95,791,200 and not the $106 million if he had sold the stock at its going rate. He has been selling bits of stock over the years at lower than market value.
Some details via PWI: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...ement.html?p=1

Quote:
Zack Sabre Jr. contracted contagious bronchitis and had to pull out of the wXw 17th anniversary show tomorrow night in Oberhausen, Germany. The promotion announced that today, noting Sabre isn't allowed to travel. They were building it around Sabre's first match with the promotion in 16 months. Pete Dunne is being brought in as a replacement to face Marius Al-Ani. However, the match won't be allowed to air on wXw's streaming service. Al-Ani is said to be the most athletic guy on the German scene and a potential breakout star. Bad Bones defends the wXw title against Ilja Dragunov in the main event, while tag champs Walter & Timothy Thatcher face The Young Lions.
Quote:
An update on the lineup for the MLW show on 1/11 in Orlando, FL at Gilt Nigh Club. So far announced is Shane Strickland vs. Jimmy Havoc in a death match, MVP vs. Low Ki, Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb vs. Tom Lawlor & Seth Petruzelli, Penta 0M vs. Rey Fenix, Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevera, Brody King vs. MJF plus Santana Garrett, Jimmy Yuta Jason Cade, Barrington Hughes, Rhett Giddins, The Dirty Blondes, Saieva Al Sabah and Vandal Ortagun.

Pro Wrestling Revolution on 2/24 in San Jose at Mount Pleasant High School with Ultimo Dragon vs. El Hijo de Trump (Eli Drake) for the PWF title plus Dragon Lee and Titan from CMLL appear.

Wrestle Pro runs 2/3 in Rahway, NJ at the Rec Center and will be taping content for Impact using Eli Drake, Matt Sydal, Bobby Lashley, Moose, Alberto el Patron, Sonjay Dutt, Allie, KM, Braxton Sutter, Eddie Edwards and Mario Bokara.

Ed Leslie has released an autobiography called "Brutus Beefcake: Struttin & Cuttin"
Brutus Beefcake link: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...raphy.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It appears that TNA founder Jeff Jarrett has completed his rehab as his wife Karen posted a photo of Jarrett back at home and his longtime friend Hermie Sadler wrote on social media about how proud he is of the former WCW and NWA champion:

Today's a big day for @RealJeffJarrett and his family. Wanna say how proud I am of him and thanks to @WWE for their help. Love ya bud.
— Hermie Sadler (@HermieSadler) December 21, 2017

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Jarrett returned home from Tampa, Florida last night.

Jarrett entered a rehab program shortly after it was announced that Impact Wrestling had severed their relationship with him. That came after Jarrett had taken time off from the company for personal reasons. Whether any of this means Jarrett and the company will mend fences and work together again remains to be seen.

Jarrett spent the last two months in the WWE-sponsored rehab, only leaving for two short trips home for family events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As first reported last month here at PWInsider.com, WWE confirmed that Crockett Promotion's Mid-Atlantic Wrestling would be added to the WWE Network's Vault section next month with 100 hours worth of episodes.

WWE confirmed the PWInsider.com report while announcing the following content listing for the upcoming January WWE Network Collections:

Raw 25: Celebrating 100 Moments

Celebrate an unmatched TV milestone with the greatest moments from Monday Night Raw’s 25-year history ...

New Classic Content: January 2018

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling makes its WWE Network debut with this month’s new on-demand offering. Featuring nearly 100 episodes and over 70 hours of throwback action, travel as far back as 1981 and see the very early careers of WWE Hall of Famers such as "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Sgt. Slaughter, Ric Flair, and more. Enjoy a small taste of the latest offering with this New Classic Content collection, featuring 10 memorable episodes from 1981-1983 ...

Coming in February

• Celebrating Black History

• Alexa Bliss
More details: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...pdate.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/21 "Best Of 2017, Part 1" edition of Impact did 269,000 overnight viewers, well up from last week's abysmal 161,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There's been continued talk of a Total Divas' spinoff titled "The It Couple" based around Miz and Maryse's life in Los Angeles. The series, as it has been pitched, would also feature Dolph Ziggler and musician Ryan Cabrera as well as Maryse's best friend and her mother as regular characters on the series.
Quote:
Earlier today, Kurt Angle did a Q&A with his fans on Facebook. Here are some of the highlights:

Favorite WWE match of 2017:

"[Brock] Lesnar vs. [AJ] Styles [at Survivor Series]. Classic!"

The Shield's future:

"The Shield will come together again. Not right now. Bad timing with Roman [Reigns] getting sick and [Dean] Ambrose getting hurt. There will be another reunion. Promise!"

What match got him into the main event scene during his first year with WWE:

"The triple threat versus Triple H and Rock at SummerSlam. It was crucial to my title run. I got my bell rung in that match, but I toughed through it."

Who will win the Women's Royal Rumble match:

"Nia Jax. Need I explain why?"
Link: https://www.facebook.com/realkurtang...56959228243047

Quote:
Director Stephen Merchant announced this week that he has finished WWE Studios' "Fighting with My Family" movie that is based on Paige and her wrestling family, produced by The Rock's Seven Bucks Productions company. PWInsider notes that there are plans to do an advance screening of the movie during WrestleMania 34 Week in New Orleans but there's no word yet on when the movie will be released.

The Rock will make an appearance in the movie as himself. Florence Pugh stars as Paige while Lena Headey of Game of Thrones fame will star as Paige's mother, Sweet Saraya. Nick Frost plays Paige's father while Vince Vaughn appears as WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts and WWE NXT Superstar Zelina Vega (Thea Trinidad) stars as AJ Lee. Indie star Tessa Blanchard was Pugh's stunt double for the in-ring scenes with Trinidad.
Quote:
The new "Happy Rusev Day" shirts are apparently a big hit. With the exception of the 5XL size, all the other sizes are sold out at WWEShop.com and are expected to be back in-stock on Monday, January 1, 2018.
Quote:
Today marks 20 years since the nWo took over WCW Monday Nitro for the first-ever (and only) nWo Monday Nitro on December 22, 1997. At the time, WCW was launching Thunder on Thursday nights and the plan was for Nitro to be an nWo-branded show while Thunder would be WCW. Eric Bischoff was set to face Larry Zbyszko at Starrcade that Sunday with the stipulation that Bischoff would get control of Nitro for the nWo if he were to win. The episode above was done as a test and the rating sharply dropped, which caused WCW to quickly change their plans. Zbyszko went on to defeat Bischoff and Nitro remained a WCW-branded show for the rest of its existence.
Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTC2Axk_znc

• Observer reported filming for The Marine 6 has finished which means Becky Lynch and The Miz are expected back soon for the WWE.
  • In another potential sign of the XFL's return, WWE recently had the league's website redirect to a 404 Page instead of WWE's official website. http://xfl.com/
  • Recent episode of the School of Morton podcast show had One Man Gang as the guest talking about facing Hulk Hogan, memories of the Z-Man, and working with Andre the Giant. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...-more.html?p=1
  • ESPN had a recent interview with Rey Mysterio talking about his current status, WWE's struggles with 205 Live, and if he wants to return to the WWE. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...return-to-wwe/
  • Mauro Ranallo is currently dealing with a family emergency due to his mother being rushed to a hospital recently. https://twitter.com/mauroranallo/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 12-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #1609
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
  • In another potential sign of the XFL's return, WWE recently had the league's website redirect to a 404 Page instead of WWE's official website. http://xfl.com/
So, did someone hear the rumours of the XFL coming back and then just kept trying to go the website and then jumped into action to report that it had an error message now?

Just imagining someone constantly refreshing XFL.com
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:36 AM   #1610
Juan
Doin' It Right

Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Shocked that 3XL and 4XL sizes sold out
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:44 PM   #1611
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Rusev is such a glorious man. For a long time, he has reminded me of Steve Austin. I can't put my finger on exactly why. If they just got out of his way, he could be a huge star.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #1612
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Hawkins reaction to the sheet news:

Quote:
Though he was injured when a fan threw a water bottle at him on 205 Live last Tuesday, Kalisto didn't miss any time because of it.

Kalisto was back in the ring before Raw went on the air last night and got a win against Tony Nese on Main Event. Abigail Rodriguez, Kalisto's wife, had posted on her social media accounts last week that Kalisto needed stitches and had an MRI done due to the water bottle being thrown at him. The bottle, which wasn't empty, bounced off the ground and hit him in the mouth.

According to a tweet from a WWE employee, the person who threw the bottle was caught by security.
Quote:
“WWE Photo Shoot” with The Miz will debut after Raw next Monday. The concept of the series is wrestlers being shown pictures from throughout their career and telling stories about them. WWE has already uploaded the episode online.

Johnny Gargano surprised his parents by giving them his first action figure before it’s released in stores.

Last night's show wasn't commercial-free in the first hour for at least some international markets. The same will likely be true for SmackDown tonight.

Jack Gallagher picked his top 10 video games of the year for Giant Bomb.

Chris Harrington found that Jimmy Uso is the new iron man of WWE (someone who is wrestling the most without taking a break of 40 days) after Dean Ambrose’s injury.
New show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeO4C8e4pjw , Gargano: https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/st...58293392191488 , Reigns: http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2017-12...n-reigns-fined , Gallagher: https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/j...017/1100-5662/ , Uso: https://twitter.com/mookieghana/stat...19997774655489

Quote:
NJPW will be making a video game-related announcement at their fan festival on January 3rd.

NJPW has a hype video for Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White at the Tokyo Dome with English subtitles. There’s also a video for the four-way Junior Heavyweight title match.

wXw uploaded WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov from the 2017 16 Carat Gold Finals for free for 24 hours. It got some praise as one of the best matches of the year.

Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb will be part of Fight Club: PRO’s 2018 Dream Tag Team Invitational.
NJPW game: https://www.njpw1972.com/19643 , Tanahashi-White: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHQ33nl_CQM , 4-Way Jr title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7kh6kyjans , wXw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoWyWAo4Ci4 , Fight Club PRO: https://twitter.com/Fightclubpro/sta...83476873846786

Quote:
The first major match between Brock Lesnar and Kane is now being advertised for the January 27th house show in Baltimore, which is the night before the Royal Rumble.

Lesnar has been added to the card as a replacement since the main selling point locally, The Shield in a six-man tag, is off due to the injury to Dean Ambrose.

Local advertising is billing it as the first-ever meeting between the two in a Universal Championship match.

The original main event, as was the case with most house shows in January, was The Shield vs, Sheamus, Cesaro & Samoa Joe. It's now being broken up as Roman Reigns defending the Intercontinental title against Joe, and Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan defending the Tag Team titles against Sheamus & Cesaro.

Lesnar's next appearance on WWE television will be on the New Year's Day episode of Raw. He'll be on the show to further the build to his triple threat title defense against Kane and Braun Strowman at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
Quote:
NXT wrestlers Alexander Wolfe (formerly Axel Tischer) and Marcel Barthel (formerly Axel Dieter Jr.) returned for a surprise one-time appearance at wXw's 17th anniversary show in Oberhausen, Germany today. They made the save for their former Ringkampf stablemates WALTER and Timothy Thatcher against the RISE stable.

After Alexander Wolfe and Marcel Barthel appeared for wXw yesterday, Kairi Sane returned to Stardom for an appearance today to say goodbye to Yoko Bito as Bito is retiring.

Kassius Ohno is also in Japan (since Rachael Ellering is wrestling for Stardom) and was spotted at the most recent DDT show.

Finn Balor tweeted about Raw being live on Christmas: “Its always hard leaving home, even harder on Xmas eve. I told my mum ‘I’m sorry that we have RAW on Xmas day & I have to go wrestle’ She replied ‘Well isn’t it better than you NOT being able to go wrestle on raw on Xmas day!’ Perspective”
Sane: https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/s...04603455258624 , Ohno: https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/944778963838226433 , Balor: https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/944978227038244864

Quote:
NJPW released the official promo video for Wrestle Kingdom 12.
NJPW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnhujUGb6j4

Quote:
With Money in the Bank scheduled to be a dual-brand show in 2018, it appears that there will be an NXT TakeOver special in conjunction with the weekend.

Dave Meltzer reported in the most recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that an NXT TakeOver show is currently planned for June 16th, 2018 in Chicago, which is one day before Money in the Bank will take place at the Allstate Arena. With the already announced "big four" weekend specials, the addition of another show means that there are five TakeOvers scheduled for next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Any word lately about Neville? Is he simply waiting for his WWE contract to expire??

There was a little movement a month or two ago, but nothing since. Generally WWE can suspend contracts with talents that are hurt or not working so if that is the case, he could be waiting a long time. If he wants out he should talk to management about getting a release.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles about the status of Neville. Seems WWE is just going to wait till Neville's contract expires before letting him go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The territory system was massive before Vince McMahon decided to take New York to a global entity. We always hear about Jim Crockett Promotions, Mid-South Wrestling, Championship Wrestling from Florida, AWA, & WCCW and the impact they all had on the wrestling business. Which other territories, in your opinion, doesn't get the credit they deserve? Which are overlooked and underappreciated?

The UWF under Bill Watts comes to mind. That was a company that could have gone national as a wrestling product but the oil recession in their territory hurt their business. I always loved Memphis Wrestling. It was a highlight of my week, always fun to watch. Portland Wrestling was really good too, as were Georgia and Calgary.
Also from PWI's weekly Q&A articles about underappreciated wrestling promotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
What is the status of ITV's World of Sport? There was so much hype that it would be brought back in the UK. What happened?

They cancelled their tapings in April and nothing has been announced since. Their twitter account hasn’t posted in over six months. At this point is seems as if it’s on hiatus, at best. If/when WWE starts their UK territory my guess is it will stay on hiatus.
Final tidbit from PWI's recent weekly Q&A articles this time about ITV's World of Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
SpikeTV, which was the home for Monday Night Raw when WWE partnered with Viacom and then later became the home for TNA/Impact Wrestling, will end on 1/18/18, replaced by The Paramount Network. It would have been a completely different world for Impact had Dixie Carter accepted a lower rate for the company in 2014 instead of pushing for a raise, which led to SpikeTV moving on, setting the stage for Impact to go Destination America, PopTV and eventually being sold to Anthem Media.
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans which victorious Superstar had the merriest Christmas on last night's RAW. As of this writing, 60% voted for new RAW Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan while 14% voted for John Cena, 9% for Braun Strowman, 8% for Absolution, 4% for Finn Balor, 2% for Samoa Joe, 1% for Hideo Itami, 1% for Kane and 1% for the team of Akira Tozawa, Cedric Alexander & Mustafa Ali.

• Ratings and viewership for RAW has been delayed by a day due to this week's Christmas holiday.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 34th anniversary of The Iron Sheik defeating then champion Bob Backlund for the WWF title at MSG in New York City.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Rusev celebrated his 32nd birthday yesterday.
  • Based on early betting odds, John Cena is currently favored to win next year's Royal Rumble followed by Roman Reigns. In terms of Smackdown, Shinsuke Nakamura currently has the best odds at winning for the brand and is #3 overall.
  • The next episode of WWE Network's newest show called "WWE Photo Shoot" will air at 11:36PM next Monday and feature Ceasro as the guest.
  • Recent episode of School of Morton podcast show had Tommy Dreamer as the guest talking about forgiving Paul Heyman and ECW's demise, working for Vince McMahon, and favorite part about working backstage for the WWE. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...vince-mcmahon/
  • NewsHub held a recent interview with Charlotte talking about NXT, her wrestling debut, NXT's Four Horsewomen, first ever Women's Rumble, and possibly facing Ronda Rousey at Mania 34. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ng-the-rumble/

Old 12-27-2017, 10:22 PM   #1613
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Simon System bodybuilding supplements, now available at the TPWW Store for the low price of $9.99:

Quote:
Even with coming on Christmas night and against a strong NFL audience, Raw only dropped three percent from last week with 2.69 million viewers ...

Unlike Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, which traditionally do bad numbers, Christmas doesn't seem too bad and New Year's night historically has done okay, as it's a big night for overall television viewing, but usually has strong college football competition.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.95 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.62 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.54 million viewers
RAW also lucked out of NFL having a poor choice of games for the night and avoiding going against Cavs-Warriors for the NBA's set of games. Wasn't as lucky for rankings since their highest hour was #6.

Quote:
Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura have been officially announced for the 2018 Royal Rumble match. They join Elias as the only wrestlers to be confirmed for it so far. Ruby Riott and Natalya will be in the women’s Rumble, joining Naomi and Asuka as the first four announced for it.

Hideo Itami tweeted that he hopes Brian Kendrick gets well soon after accidentally breaking Kendrick’s nose and orbital bone with a GTS on Raw. Itami used the Rings of Saturn, which Neville had been using prior to his absence, instead of the GTS for the finish of his match against Jack Gallagher on 205 Live.

AJ Styles, Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Jinder Mahal was the dark match after SmackDown and 205 Live last night. Daniel Bryan was the special guest referee for it and did a comedy spot where he ran the ropes with Zayn.

Goldberg, Cesaro, and Zelina Vega are all celebrating their birthday today. Goldberg turned 51, Cesaro turned 37, and Vega is now 27.

Mae Young Classic participant Jazzy Gabert (Alpha Female) will be the guest on Friday’s episode of the Edge & Christian podcast.
Itami: https://twitter.com/HideoItami/statu...98692116725760 , Bryan: https://twitter.com/coupdebanks/stat...20565042323456 , Gabert: https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/statu...80928153161728

Quote:
Sports Illustrated spoke to Kenny Omega about Wrestle Kingdom 12 and his upcoming match with Chris Jericho. Omega said he wants it to be a wake-up call to both NJPW and WWE and hopes it will lead to more crossover between the companies for the sake of good business. He claimed the match will “evoke a new kind of emotion from people watching.”

The Eli Drake vs. Johnny Impact main event from Bound for Glory, which featured interference from Alberto El Patron, will air on Thursday’s best of 2017 episode of Impact.

Impact won’t be shown on Spike TV in the UK this week, but the recap episode and a new show will air on January 5th.

XWA UK has started to put their events on Pro Wrestling: EVE’s on-demand service, including Kota Ibushi’s appearance from earlier this year and Keith Lee vs. Daisuke Sekimoto.
Omega: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/12...-chris-jericho , Impact: http://impactwrestling.com/best-2017-part-2/ , XWA UK: https://eveondemand.pivotshare.com/c...ing/9534/media

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A six woman tag during the WWE Holiday Tour at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island was halted after Paige was taken out by a kick to the back of her neck from Sasha Banks and went down.

According to several readers, Paige had her back to Banks and it appeared she didn't realize the kick was coming. Paige was out of the ring for a long time following a neck surgery in 2016.

The match was stopped and officials immediately tended to Paige, who was walked to the back after several minutes. WWE officials had brought a stretcher to ringside but Paige was walked out.

The scene was described as "awkward" and "serious" and did not appear to be the planned finish for the match.

PWInsider.com is working on additional details. Stay tuned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With the Carolina Panthers now for sale, do you think Vince may try to buy them instead of relaunching the XFL?

There are a lot of rumors out there saying that may be his goal with the stock sale. He may want to buy the Panthers, and he is originally from the area, but he will need a lot more than 100 million dollars. Forbes has them valued at $2.3 billion so Vince would need a lot more money to make that purchase on his own. It could be that he wants to be a minority partner. If so, I don’t understand why he would need to form a new company to do that. From where I sit, buying into an NFL team is not something that would drive away stockholders. Starting the XFL again? Obviously that would be. My hope is that if it's a decision between buying the Panthers or retstarting the XFL, he does the former.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles about the growing speculation Vince is buying a NFL team instead of reviving the XFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor announced a Fan Appreciation sale that is now ongoing, featuring up to 35% off on shirts, DVDs and more at this link.

After their great Final Battle PPV, the promotion will hold its first TV taping of 2018 in Nashville, TN on 1/20/18 at the Nashville Fairgrounds.
Link: http://www.rohwrestling.com/shop

Old 12-28-2017, 10:16 PM   #1614
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's Most Prestigious Star Ever ... Vacant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Paige was checked out by WWE doctors following her match at the Nassau Coliseum but we have not heard she was sent to a local hospital.

The word backstage was that she suffered a stinger when she was kicked from behind by Sasha Banks. If that is the case, I would expect WWE will pull her from the remainder of the live events this week as a precautionary measure, especially given her history with neck issues.
Quote:
After the first two matches took place on SmackDown this week, WWE has revealed the bracket for the United States Championship tournament.

Zack Ryder vs. Mojo Rawley and Xavier Woods vs. Aiden English are the two remaining matches in the first round. The winner of Ryder vs. Rawley will go on to face Bobby Roode, with the winner of Woods vs. English advancing to face Jinder Mahal.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whjd7kzki7E , Bracket itself: https://www.f4wonline.com/sites/www..../usbracket.jpg

Quote:
Tuesday night's SmackDown on the USA Network averaged 2,656,000 viewers, which was up three percent from last week and nearly matched Raw's ratings on Christmas Day the night before.

SmackDown finished a higher-than-usual third for the night on cable and first in the 18-49 demo with a 0.82 rating. For the second straight week, SmackDown was down year-over-year as the December 27th, 2016 episode featured the return of John Cena on a stacked show. That episode is still the only show to beat Raw since the WWE draft edition of SmackDown that kicked off the brand split.

SmackDown finished 2017 averaging 2.546 million viewers per week, up slightly from the 2016 average of 2.487 million for the live shows that started in July of that year. The 2017 average for those same five months was almost identical to the year-end average, coming in at 2.541 million. As a comparison, Raw numbers were down an average of 5.1 percent.
Quote:
Tommy Dreamer announced these first round matches for his TV title tournament on 1/26 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia:

Luchasaurus vs. Willie Mack vs. Matt Cross
MJL vs. Crazzy Steve
Brian Cage vs. ?
Austin Aries vs. Matt Riddle
Dan Maff vs. Ace Romero
Kevin Kross vs. Little Guido
Eddie Kingston vs. Bull James
Alex Reynolds vs. Super Crazy
Kenn Doane vs. Lisa Marie Varon
Mike Mondo vs. Swoggle

Scheduled for Evolve on 1/14 in Brooklyn is Keith Lee vs. Chris Dickinson for the Evolve title, Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Walter and Timothy Thatcher vs. Fred Yehi. I saw Sabre vs. Walter in PWG and it was an incredible match. There will also be an eight-man Style Battle tournament earlier in the day with first round matches of Matt Riddle vs. Rayo, Shane Mercer vs. Kyle the Beast, Walter vs. Nick Gage and Joey Lynch vs. Joey Janela.

Low Blows Wrestling Parties will have a Wrestle Kingdom party on 1/4 at Buskers on the Ball in Dublin. The party will run from 5-11 p.m. This will be the barometer to test interest in non-WWE parties that would continue in 2018. Rick Nash of Low Blows gave a preview for bandwagoners to catch up on everything they need to know about NJPW and WK12 next week.
House of Hardcore: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...hilly.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those wondering if WWE did anything special for the talent for working through the Christmas holiday, not only did the company throw a Christmas party for all of them after Raw on Monday, but we have also heard that WWE picked up the Chicago hotel bill for both the Raw and Smackdown rosters as a thank you for being away from their families over the holiday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Legendary Japanese star The Great Muta will make a rare appearance in the United States on Friday 1/19/18 for PCW Ultra in California, teaming with Penta El Zero M to face Sami Callihan and Johnny Ultra.

The event will air live on FiteTV for $14.99, which you can download for free for your cell phone or mobile device by clicking here.
Details and rest of the event's card: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...n-fite-tv.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Here are the first confirmed WWE DVD releases for 2018:

1/16 - WWE Tag Team Collection (4 animated WWE Studios movies)
1/23 - WWE Clash of Champions 2017.
2/6 - Best of Raw and Smackdown 2017.
3/6 - 2018 WWE Royal Rumble.
3/20 - Best of WWE NXT 2017.
4/3 - Raw 25th Anniversary.
4/17 - WWE Elimination Chamber & Raw PPV TBA.

As previously reported on PWInsider.com, WWE has tentative plans for the following DVD releases as well:

*Best of 2017 - PPV matches.
*30th Anniversary of Summerslam.
*A new title devoted to The Shield.
*Best of the Hardy Boyz.
*"Unreleased" Collections devoted to Randy Savage and Shawn Michaels.
*A feature documentary on AJ Styles.
*Shane McMahon's "Craziest Moments."
*A collection of WWE 24 documentaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Next Wednesday's WWE NXT will be a two hour year in review broadcast. NXT will tape TV in Atlanta, GA at the former WCW Saturday Night home, Center Stage.

Officially set for the 1/27/18 WWE NXT Takeover: Philadelphia event is NXT champion Andrade "Cien" Almas (with Zelina Vega) vs. Johnny Gargano.

Speaking of NXT, Johnny Gargano noted on social media that he gifted his parents his first-ever NXT action figure for Christmas in advance of its official release. Gargano noted that growing up, his parents bought him lots of WWE toys and he wanted to return the favor. That is pretty awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who have asked why Gail Kim is on the same USO tour that WWE sent The Miz and Alicia Fox on, Kim's husband Robert Irvine is also on the tour. It's not a sign of Kim returning to WWE, although you'd be surprised how many emails we received asking if it was.
Quote:
AXS TV is doing a New Japan marathon on 12/29, playing the three Omega vs. Okada matches from 8-11 p.m. Eastern and then 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. for West Coast prime time, and then airing Power Struggle from 2-4 a.m

To show how bad things are in Puerto Rico, WWC has still not run a show since the island was crippled by the hurricane. CWA has run two shows since the hurricane and WWL is talking about coming back in February or March. The hurricane basically destroyed a wrestling industry that had been having regular shows for about 45 years.

Young Bucks Merch is now a subsidiary of a new parent company called Killing the Business, and they’ve filed for trademarks on “Being the Elite” and “Killing the Business.

The Kingdom has apparently signed exclusive ROH U.S. contracts as they did their final date for Northeast Wrestling on 12/17

Another person let go at Impact was Bob Rosen, who built and transported the rings, headed the ring crew and did various other functions.
In regards to Impact news, supposedly Rosen almost had a major heart attack while working for Impact recently and only took a break after management noticed how tired he was at work. Doctors found out his heart was 99% blocked and he barely avoided having a life threatening situation occur. He felt with the recent staff cuts, he couldn't take a break due to lack of manpower and his big reward for being that loyal was getting the pink slip afterwards.

Quote:
Although there are rumors about Styles vs. Cena at Mania, I’m told that right now that is incorrect, and Cena is in a much bigger match than Styles. The only thing I was told is it will be clear within a few weeks what that match is. Bigger than a WWE title match seems to limit it to a non-regular or surprise guy and the only names I can come up with would be Undertaker, Batista, Goldberg or Hogan, and at Hogan’s age with his back problems, it would surprise me if he could get cleared even if the sponsors were okay with his returning. My guess is the top of the Mania card will be shot largely on the 25th anniversary Raw because that will be the show with the largest viewing audience of the year most likely
Quote:
Canyon Ceman told the Los Angeles Times that in 2016, WWE was focused on signing people from China, but in 2017, it was the Middle East. The reasoning is he claimed they had 11 million Facebook followers in Egypt. Ceman claimed that the Performance Center gives wrestlers ten years worth of experience in three years. I’d love to see who is farther along, ten year vets working for legit promotions or guys who have had three years since starting at the PC. Ceman also noted that WWE could no longer do stereotypical Middle Eastern heels like the Iron Sheik and General Adnan. “Now you neither want to nor can you get away with that so easily,” he said. “There is evolving complexity over how to portray someone’s cultural heritage in a way that is respected, interesting and creates love or animosity in the audience.” Granted, they’re not Middle Eastern heels, but exactly how is Mahal or the portrayal of Rusev until a few weeks ago any different from the stereotypical Anti-American heels that date back to the beginning fo time
Quote:
The most-watched shows on the WWE Network this past week were: 1. Clash of the Champions; 2. NXT on 12/20; 3. Beyond the Ring Holiday special with Mick Foley; 4. Survivor Series; 5. Best of Ride Along; 6. Table for three with Hardys and Balor; 7. WrestleMania 2017; 8. Royal Rumble 2017; 9. Ride Along with Rusev, Breeze and Fandango; 10. 205 Live from 12/19
Quote:
WWE has published an article naming the top 10 Superstars of 2017. The list looks like this:

10. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore
9. WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar
8. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, RAW Tag Team Champion Seth Rollins, WWE Intercontinental Champion Roman Reigns)
7. Kevin Owens
6. The Miz
5. Jinder Mahal
4. The New Day and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos (Tie)
3. RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss
2. Braun Strowman
1. WWE Champion AJ Styles

• A former WWE Board of Directors was recently forced to resign from his duties at MLB due to a long history of inappropriate behavior and alleged sexual harassment while working in MLB's management.
  • National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum recently awarded Gerald Brisco with their Outstanding American award.
  • Observer reports Velveteen Dream is currently expected to return to NXT next month after mysteriously being dropped from TV post-Takeover WarGames event. Rumor going around speculates he got busted by the Wellness Policy and WWE wanted his suspension to be a quiet one.
  • CBS Denver had a recent interview with DDP talking about the rumors of Vince going back into football, helping Justin Credible after being drunk at a recent indie event, and possibility of making another surprise Royal Rumble appearance. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-getting-back/

Old 12-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #1615
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I can see Mojo beating Ryder and Roode to get to the finals. Meanwhile, Xavier beats Aiden English and then upsets Jinder Mahal.

Finals are Xavier vs. Mojo Rawley and Mojo wins the title after some distractions from Jinder.

Jinder and the Singh Bros feud with New Day, and Mojo gets a chance to show what he can do as a heel with the US title.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:06 AM   #1616
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I can definitely see that happening. I was under the impression that it was just going to be Mahal vs. Roode in the finals and didn't realize the tournament was wider. Woods vs. Rawley is my pick now.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #1617
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Y'all are crazy, this is Jinders tournament to win. No one else has a chance, that's why it English and Xavier instead of Rusev and Big E. Weak tournament but I guess it's the land of opportunity.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:47 PM   #1618
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I can definitely see that happening. I was under the impression that it was just going to be Mahal vs. Roode in the finals and didn't realize the tournament was wider. Woods vs. Rawley is my pick now.
Hell, Xavier didn't realise the tournament was wider.

#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:56 PM   #1619
Danny Electric
dirty irani

Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
That is awesome.

Ye can definitely see it being Roode v Mahal in the final , give Roode the title and cement Mahal back in the mid card.

Then Roode should turn heel with the belt , come out and cut a promo about how glorious he is with the belt and how the audience Is all trash for even doubting he could lose to Mahal.
Danny Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #1620
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Y'all are crazy, this is Jinders tournament to win. No one else has a chance, that's why it English and Xavier instead of Rusev and Big E. Weak tournament but I guess it's the land of opportunity.
Mahal seemed like the obvious winner, but when you take into consideration that the US Title does not matter at all, I don't think anything is out of bounds.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #1621
Danny Electric
dirty irani

Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Come to think of it I can see Corbin interfering to take out Roode and Ziggler will have some part to play in the outcome of it too.
Danny Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #1622
Mr. Nerfect

Got no clue what they are doing with Ziggler. And not in the good way.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #1623
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Final Sheets Report of the Year sponsored by Big Show in a Diaper:

Quote:
While appearing on the Edge & Christian podcast this week, Mae Young Classic participant Jazzy Gabert detailed how neck issues led to the contract offer she received from WWE falling through.

Gabert said the contract was sent to her in the mail after being asked by someone in WWE to be patient following the tournament. She traveled to Orlando for an NXT dark match and to have medicals done, then eventually visited Dr. Joseph Maroon in Pittsburgh to be examined.

Maroon found that she had something wrong with her neck and scheduled an MRI, which revealed that she had three herniated discs in her neck. Gabert also said that the bones were "all over the place."

"Of course they sent the results to the WWE doctor," Gabert said. "And then the WWE doctor contacted me and they said to me, 'We're really sorry Jazz, but we cannot give you our clearance and you are disqualified and you cannot work for WWE.'"
Link to the podcast show and more details: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/j...ing-wwe-248906

Quote:
Roman Reigns will again defend his Intercontinental Championship against Samoa Joe on Monday's episode of Raw.

Kurt Angle made the announcement on Twitter today, with an added stipulation being that Reigns will lose the title if he gets disqualified: "On the first #Raw of 2018 @WWERomanReigns will defend his #ICTitle against @SamoaJoe; if Roman is DQ’ed, he’ll lose the match AND his title"
Link: https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/st...38373636784128

Quote:
Sid Vicious was scheduled for a rare match for AIW in Cleveland but he didn't board his flight. After several phone calls went unanswered, the promotion used Swoggle's phone to call him and he did answer. He claimed Donald Trump's travel ban prevented him from flying to Cleveland due to an unpaid speeding ticket and he didn't have his passport with him. I don't know about you, but traveling within the U.S., I've never brought a passport or needed one. The promotion recorded the call and will be playing it either on a podcast or at the show tonight. But they wanted everyone to know ahead of time that Vicious won't be appearing as advertised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
We have some bad news to report. Our greatest fears have come true,Sid did not board his flight this morning. After several phone calls he finally answered when we used Swoggle's phone to call.

Sid claimed The Donald's travel ban prevented him from boarding his flight to Cleveland this morning because of an unpaid speeding ticket and he claimed this is new government policy since he didn't have his passport even though he was traveling within the United States and is a United States Citizen. We recorded his cancelation call just so there is proof of all this and we we will do our best to play the audio tonight or on a future episode of our podcast.

We apologize to all of the fans who were excited to meet Sid tonight and unfortunately this is something 100% out of our control. We invested quite a bit of money in this appearance and we have now lost out on close to $1,000 we will never get back on airline tickets, hotels, and merchandise we had made for Sid.

We are going to try and do our best to find a replacement and plan on spending the rest of the day making phone calls and trying to get somebody there to replace Sid.
From the promoter's side of the story involving Sid.

Quote:
AW tomorrow night in Merrionette Park, IL at 115 Bourbon Street has Windy City Classic 13 with Rey Fenix vs. Jeff Cobb fot the AAW title, Eddie Kingston vs. David Starr street fight with the loser having to manage the winner for one year, Sami Callihan & Jake & Dave Crist vs. Myron Reed & Stephen Wolf & Trey Miguel, Matt Riddle vs. ACH, Sean Waltman & Paco vs. Connor Braxton & Jake Something, Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett vs. Curt Stallion & Brubaker, Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier vs. Shane Strickland & Keith Lee, Teddy Hart & Penta 0M vs. AR Fox & Joey Janela. That is one loaded show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Samoa Joe tweeted:

Awoke to learn we lost this bad ass today. Pets rule, cancer sucks. RIP Ozzie pic.twitter.com/hxfDiwscXW
— Samoa Joe (@SamoaJoe) December 29, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 2018 Impact Wrestling Lockdown PPV will be held on 4/22/18, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

As PWInsider.com broke yesterday, the steel cage-centric event will resume being a PPV event next year after spending the last three years as a specially branded episode of Impact Wrestling's weekly TV series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/28 "Best Of 2017, Part 2" edition of Impact did 285,000 overnight viewers, up from the previous week's 269,000 overnight viewers. That is the highest number that they have done in over four months.
Quote:
Sports Illustrated listed their top ten wrestlers of 2017 with wrestlers appearing in NJPW getting three of the ten spots. Cody Rhodes at number nine, Kazuchika Okada at number six, and Kenny Omega at the number one spot. The article pointed out three matches in particular that stood out on Omega's resume: Kazuchika Okada (Wrestle Kingdom 11), Juice Robinson (G1 Climax), and Tomohiro Ishii (New Japan Cup).
Link: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/12...wrestlers-2017

Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans which veteran Superstar is most likely to win a world title in 2018 - Triple H, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle, The Undertaker or Bill Goldberg. As of this writing, 36% voted for Angle while 34% voted for Triple H, 19% for Taker and the rest for Goldberg.
Quote:
Giant Bomb posted an article with Kenny Omega and Xavier Woods discussing their top ten video games of the year. The two are die hard gamers and have bumped into each other at big conventions over the years, building up a bit of a friendly rivalry along the way. In regards to their top picks of the year, Woods went with Tekken 7 and Omega picked Resident Evil 7.
Link: https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/k...017/1100-5717/

• Besides Omega and Woods, WWE's Jack Gallagher also gave a Top 10 games list for website Giantbomb. https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/j...017/1100-5662/
  • For those interested, John Pollock and Wai Ting recently released their Christmas episode of their new Post-Wrestling podcast show for free. https://www.f4wonline.com/punch-out/...estling-248901
  • WWE currently rumored to be raising ticket prices on house show merchandise based on a recent show in Pittsburgh had shirts going for $40.
  • WWE's official website recently released a list of their Top 10 Underrated Matches of 2017. http://www.wwe.com/article/10-most-u...atches-of-2017
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 19th anniversary of Mick Foley defeating The Rock to win the WWF Championship. WWE taped that week's episode and later aired it on January 4th, 1999 which is infamous for both WCW's attempt at spoiling the results and the Fingerpoke of Doom incident. Both hurt WCW more than it helped since 600k+ viewers switched to watch WWF and Hogan getting the WCW title back is seen as the turning point of the Monday Night Wars.
  • Recent episode of With Spandex Podcast show had Braun Strowman as the guest talking about being thrown in a garbage truck at TLC 2017 and lack of time in NXT before getting promoted to RAW. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ck-at-wwe-tlc/
  • Rumor going around the net is Taker will be wrestling at next year's Mania with the opponent to be revealed during the RAW 25th anniversary show. Supposedly he's been in very good shape compared to last year and WWE still refuses to consider him as officially retired. Source of the rumor could also be completely lying since it mentioned he already had hip surgery when other more reliable sheet sources said the surgery is a career ending type.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:41 PM   #1624
Mr. Nerfect

I was like "No way is Taker wrestling again," but lately I've just been more...convinced. There's something in the air about it. Probably him versus Cena.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #1625
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Bo Dallas' critically praised cowbell performance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network announced they will be conducting maintenance tomorrow 1/3 from 7 - 10 AM Eastern, so you may have issues with the Network during that time.
Quote:
Beth Phoenix will be part of the commentary team for WWE's upcoming Mixed Match Challenge series.

WWE announced today that Michael Cole, Corey Graves, and Phoenix would be calling the show. Mixed Match Challenge is a 12-episode series that will debut on Facebook Watch at 10 p.m. Eastern time on January 16th. It will air live for 20 minutes after SmackDown each week and will feature a single-elimination mixed tag team tournament that includes wrestlers from both Raw and SmackDown.

Phoenix previously made a guest appearance on the Mae Young Classic announce team to call Jazzy Gabert, Kay Lee Ray & Tessa Blanchard vs. Sarah Logan, Santana Garrett & Marti Belle on the second day of tapings in July. Phoenix was also inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame over WrestleMania weekend last year.

Renee Young and Byron Saxton will be the hosts for Mixed Match Challenge.
Link: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-mixed-m...atch-challenge

Quote:
Here’s the updated list of announced entrants for the men’s and women’s Royal Rumble matches:

Men’s match: Elias, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, John Cena, and Finn Balor
Women’s match: Naomi, Asuka, Ruby Riott, Natalya, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Paige, Mandy Rose, and Sonya Deville.
Quote:
Enzo Amore, who was supposed to wrestle Cedric Alexander in a Cruiserweight Championship match last night, wasn’t on Raw after being hospitalized due to the flu. Amore’s hospitalization was built into the show as Nia Jax chose to visit him over helping Alexa Bliss in her match against Asuka. Drew Gulak also cut a promo for Amore.

WWE’s stock today reached its highest point since the first week or so after the company went public. It closed at $34.41 per share.

The Rock sent a message of encouragement to Curt Hawkins amid Hawkins’ losing streak: “Haha what’s up my man! F*ck that losing streak. You’re still #1 to me. That should be your next t-shirt to sell: ‘F*ck a losing streak’. I smell a top seller!”

The Washington Capitals have started to use Oney Lorcan’s theme music as their official goal song.

The complete collection of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling from 1981-82 will be on the WWE Network by 1/8.

On “WWE Film Room,” Big Show tells the story of his WrestleMania 24 match against Floyd Mayweather.
Stocks: Link: https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/s...79692183810048 , Rock: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/948054360562343938 , Capitals: https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/art...e-as-goal-song , Big Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7zflRwG-3c

Quote:
NJPW has a video interview with Jay White ahead of his Intercontinental Championship match against Hiroshi Tanahashi at the Tokyo Dome.

DDP gifted Cody Rhodes a fur coat that was originally owned by Dusty Rhodes.

The latest episode of the NWA’s “Ten Pounds of Gold” series focuses on the day after Tim Storm lost his Worlds Championship.

High Spots Wrestling Network has a two hour documentary on Jim Crockett Promotions called, “Jim Crockett Promotions: The Good Old Days” It’s “free” to watch if you have the website $10 a month subscription.You can also buy it individually for $15 or just rent it for $5.
NJPW: https://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0008_293 , DDP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElFEHAHF-A , NWA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDr6v0jvv8 , High Spots: https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwor.../38833/preview

Quote:
Jericho announced that his podcast and the shows from his podcast network are moving from PodcastOne to Westwood One at the start of 2018. The most recent episode of his show was the last on PodcastOne, and Jericho noted that nothing else is changing aside from the places where it can be heard.
Link: https://www.podcastone.com/episode/N...Charles-Wieand

Quote:
Cody Rhodes tweeted that he and The Young Bucks have a location confirmed for their 10,000 seat show, but the contract hasn’t been signed yet. Nick Jackson followed up by writing he knows the date for the show.
Cody link: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/statu...70300921962496 , Bucks link: https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/st...94500650819584

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Oddly enough, despite the fact Impact has tapings on 1/10-1/15 in Orlando at Universal Studios, there is no information posted anywhere with the taping schedule, either on the Impact or Universal websites.

There's been talk of running California later this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With New Japan Pro Wrestling's Tetsuya Naito announced for AAW's 2/17 "Showdown" event at the Logan Square Auditorium in Chicago, IL, all 500 tickets for the event sold out completely within 90 minutes of being put on sale. Our February 17 event "Showdown" featuring Naito vs. Sami Callihan sold out 90 minutes after tickets were available to the general public. All 500 tickets for the event at the historic Logan Square Auditorium are now gone. It will be Naito's first appearance for the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Paige is backstage at Raw in Miami, but the word making the rounds backstage is that she has not yet been cleared to return to the ring.

Paige was injured wrestling at the Nassau Coliseum last Wednesday during a six woman tag when Sasha Banks nailed her from behind with a kick to the upper back. The belief is that Banks may have accidentally kicked her a little high. Paige went down and suffered what is believed to be a stinger before being walked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE has added the top Raw moments WWE Network Collections to the streaming service counting down from 100-26 in three separate playlists. I noticed a problem however there is no 74 moment it skips from 75 to 73. 25-1 will debut January 15 after Monday Night Raw.
Quote:
WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler noted on Twitter that he's still hoping to be on the RAW 25th Anniversary episode later this month from New York City. The King noted during a recent podcast that he was "99.9% certain" that he and fellow WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross would be reunited for the portion of the show that airs from the Manhattan Center that night but there's no word yet on if that is happening. Lawler did tell a fan that he will not be on next week's RAW from his hometown of Memphis.
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans who was the top RAW Superstar of 2017. As of this writing, 26% voted for Braun Strowman while 17% voted for Dean Ambrose, 17% voted for WWE Intercontinental Champion Roman Reigns, 8% for Finn Balor, 7% for RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss, 6% for WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, 6% for The Miz, 6% for RAW Tag Team Champion Seth Rollins, 2% for Bayley, 2% for Samoa Joe, 2% for WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore and 1% for Bray Wyatt.
Quote:
WWE's "Best PPV Matches 2017" DVD was set to be released today but it's been pusjed back to January 9th, according to WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. As noted, the set will feature more than 9 hours of content and is hosted by Renee Young.

• This week's RAW's ratings and viewer numbers have been delayed till tomorrow due to New Years holiday. With the holidays and how competitive the college bowls games were, possible Smackdown could beat RAW this week for viewership. Next week also has stiff competition with RAW going against the NCAA Football title game.
  • According to PWI, Braun Strowman missed last weekend's set of house shows due to illness but managed to recover in time for last night's RAW.
  • Recent episode of The Steve Austin Show had "The Drifter" Elias as the guest talking about finding his groove on RAW, recent IC match he had with Reigns, and career goals. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-roman-reigns/
  • Recent episode of The Ross Report had Konnan as the guest talking about Jinder Mahal's heel heat since winning the WWE title, Elias being one of his current favorite wrestlers in the WWE, and issues with WWE's Creative process. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...er-mahal-heat/

Old 01-03-2018, 04:07 AM   #1626
Mr. Nerfect

Bo Dallas is starting to look rougher. Given how quickly Bray is falling, it would not surprise me to see Bo & Bray actually end up as a tag team at some point.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #1627
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Pretty weird @ Washington Capitals using Oney Lorcan theme...... out of all the themes, they choose that one....

Not that I don't like Oney Lorcan's theme.....
Old 01-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #1628
Mr. Nerfect

Is it one of those ones in the public domain?
Old 01-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #1629
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

It's a CFO$ theme, so dunno
Old 01-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #1630
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

I'd assume its just similar to deals WWE makes to get licensed songs for live events.

Think Triple H's "Game" theme might be the most popular for sports. Capitals are either huge fans of Lorcan or someone there thinks it fits well as a crowd pumping tune.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #1631
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Lesnar channeling his inner Taker:

Quote:
Even with the toughest competition of the winter, with the college football playoff semifinals, Raw was up six percent on Monday night to 2.86 million viewers.

Raw was 10th for the day on cable, but every show that beat it was on ESPN and was related to the football doubleheader and this number has to be considered a major success ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.97 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.91 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.71 million viewers
Hour rankings ended up being #10, #14, and #15 with Love & Hip Hop being the only non-football related show to outrank RAW.

Quote:
New Japan Pro Wrestling's biggest show of the year takes place overnight as the Tokyo Dome hosts Wrestle Kingdom 12.

The annual January 4th event will air live on New Japan World and will have options for English (with Kevin Kelly and Don Callis) and Japanese commentary. The pre-show begins at 2 a.m. Eastern time with the New Japan Rumble, which is a Royal Rumble-style battle royal featuring surprise entrants from the past and members of the NJPW roster who aren't otherwise booked, before the main card kicks off at 3 a.m. Eastern time.

Mr. Lariato on Twitter has some time zone conversions:

Wrestle Kingdom start times:

Japan: 5PM (4PM pre-show)
Europe: 9AM (8AM pre-show)
UK: 8AM (7AM pre-show)
Atlantic: 4AM (1AM pre-show)
Eastern: 3AM (2AM pre-show)
Central: 2AM (1AM pre-show)
Mountain 1AM (midnight pre-show)
Western: Midnight (11PM pre-show)#NJPW #njwk12

— LARIATOOOO!! (@MrLARIATO) January 3, 2018

For those not watching live, Wrestle Kingdom will be available on New Japan World shortly after it ends. AXS TV will also be showing a three-hour special of the top matches on Saturday at 8 p.m. Eastern.
Card and more details: https://www.f4wonline.com/japan/njpw...me-more-249191

Quote:
Daniel Bryan told Sports Illustrated that he assumes he won’t be wrestling with WWE at all if he doesn’t wrestle at WrestleMania. Bryan said about the process of potentially being cleared: "It’s not a black and white answer. There are a lot of issues with me getting cleared by WWE. They have a very strict protocol, which is a good thing, but the timeline of all that happening was not the best for me. It’s an interesting situation that will develop."

After being shown in the crowd on SmackDown, Basketball Hall of Fame member Karl Malone got into the ring and did the “Glorious” pose with Bobby Roode following last night’s post-show dark match. Malone was also interviewed by Dasha Fuentes and spoke about wrestling for WCW in 1998. Roode teamed with AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura against Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Jinder Mahal after SmackDown and 205 Live went off the air.

Maria Kanellis-Bennett wrote a blog post about her reaction to private photos of her that were leaked online.
Bryan: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/01...yan-wwe-future , Malone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPW5bTJgf7Q , Maria: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMar...44194292278836

Quote:
It was announced at NJPW’s pre-Wrestle Kingdom 12 fan festival that the company is partnering with Spike Chunsoft, the development company behind Fire Pro Wrestling, in time for Fire Pro Wrestling World’s release on PS4. The game will be out on PS4 before the 2018 G1 Climax and the NJPW collaboration will include some licensed characters and a story mode where you start as a young lion with the goal of winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

Also at the fan festival, Yuji Nagata revealed that there had been 32,600 tickets sold in the pre-sale for tonight’s Tokyo Dome show before walk-ups are accounted for.

In a piece on the Players’ Tribune, Jericho named Ultimo Dragon, Dean Malenko, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, and Kevin Owens as his five personal favorite opponents throughout his career and wrote about facing Omega.

Jericho re-posted a fan-made drawing of Jericho with Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit behind him that said they're back in NJPW. Jericho, who has gotten criticism for posting the image, wrote that he really liked the fan art and that he's dedicating his match with Omega to "the fallen brothers."

Will Ospreay mentioned entering NJPW’s heavyweight division as a future goal of his.
Fire Pro: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/948395689867804672 , WK 12 tickets: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/948476555155537926 , Jericho's favorites: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ch...estle-kingdom/ , Jericho Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfXpUjl...isjerichofozzy , Ospreay: http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone...njpw-news-more

Quote:
In addition to Mayu Iwatani, Hana Kimura, Kagetsu, and HZK from Stardom will be in ROH’s tournament to crown their first Women of Honor Champion.

The Crash Lucha Libre hyped that a collaboration with Dragon Gate is coming soon.

In a match that was originally scheduled for last month, Pete Dunne will defend his WWE United Kingdom Championship against Joseph Conners for PROGRESS Wrestling in Birmingham on January 14th.

The Young Bucks, Marty Scurll, and Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Ranch were the top three merch sellers on Pro Wrestling Tees in 2017.
ROH Women's Title: https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/s...03739601649665 , Crash Lucha: https://twitter.com/TheCrashLuchas/s...13823370674177 , PROGRESS: https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/...31357391032320 , ProWrestlingTees: https://twitter.com/OneHourTees/stat...47278113378308

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
If Vince does move forward with reviving XFL, will Hunter take over booking Raw/Smackdown?

No, I don’t see that happening. Vince IS the WWE product right now and I don’t see him giving up control of the direction of the product.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles on the possibility Vince gives up booking of WWE in order to focus on XFL's revival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Squared Circle Sirens is reporting that Former Lingerie Football player Susan Cashdollar is scheduled to be a part of the next WWE Performance Center tryout next month. The Ohio native has had a look from the company before in 2014 at the same tryout as Liv Morgan Aliyah, and Zahra Schreiber. According to their article, she has been recently training with AIW.
Quote:
Although Enzo Amore was the only wrestler sent to the hospital at RAW this past Monday night, Wrestling Inc. has learned that there were many other wrestlers that were sick backstage and several were given an IV. It wasn't confirmed if they had the flu or some other illness, but many wrestlers also skipped going out on New Year's Eve the night before because they were sick.

• ROH announced their upcoming streaming service will be called "Honor Club."
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Jim Ross celebrated his 66th birthday today.
  • Recent episode of The Ross Report podcast show had John Morrision/Johnny Impact as the guest talking about Impact's six-sided ring, issues with wrestling in a six-sided ring, and wanting to work in NJPW in the future. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...estling-today/

Old 01-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #1632
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Wrestle Kingdom 12 highlight:

Quote:
The first night of the three-show 205 Live tour on 1/19 in Kingston, RI was canceled today. The public term is logistical problems. The other two dates, 1/20 in Lowell, MA and 1/21 in Poughkeepsie, are still on. Even though it's listed as 205 Live, the main event for both shows is Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt.
For some reference, the arena of the cancelled show has a capacity for 7k which shows how bad tickets sales must have been to be a factor in its pulling.

Quote:
Sonjay Dutt just went in for surgery due to a torn right Achilles tendon. That's a major injury with usually about a nine month to one year recuperation time.

John Morrison aka Johnny Impact said on today's Impact Wrestling media call that he is not wrestling on the AAA event January 26 that is his being advertised for and he blames Vampiro for the situation.

Combat Zone Wrestling on 2/10 in Voorhees, NJ at the Next Level Coliseum with Penta 0M, Rey Fenix, Dave & Jake Crist & Sami Callihan headlining.

Revolution Pro has its women's tournament on 1/6 and 1/7 in London with first round matches of Deonna Purrazzo vs. Britt Baker, Zoe Lucas vs. Zan Phoenix, Jinny vs Nia Samuels and Charlie Evans vs. Millie McKenzie.
Morrison link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRBet_aGau0

Quote:
New Japan Pro Wrestling has officially announced ticket information for the March 25th Strong Style Evolved show in Long Beach, California at the Walter Pyramid, a 5,300-seat arena on the campus of Long Beach State University.

Tickets will go on sale on January 29th at 10 a.m. Pacific time. Information on where to get tickets hasn't been announced.

No matches are yet announced for the show, and there likely won't be any officially confirmed until after the February 10th New Beginning show in Osaka, if not later.
Some more details: https://www.f4wonline.com/japan/njpw...ch-show-249326

Quote:
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 was seen by 34,995 paying fans and 43,000 total at the Tokyo Dome. Based on the stage and configuration, that's a near-sell out and the biggest crowd for a Japanese pro wrestling event in about 15 years.

The 2017 event drew 26,192 paid to watch Kazuchika Okada successfully defend his IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Kenny Omega in the first of three outstanding matches the two had throughout the year.

While they got the biggest one-day boost since the New Japan World site was launched, they are really hurting themselves with it being so difficult for English language fans. I know, many of you and me were able to sign up but you have to really want to and it's not user friendly. With the company having television in the U.S. and doing great in merchandise sales here, they really need to get a separate English language site for both easier sign-up and navigation.
Quote:
After Wells Fargo upgraded the WWE stock to Outperform, saying "it checks all of the boxes for us and we believe it has a clear path of catalysts through 2018," and raised its target price to $43 per share, the stock jumped big to $32.34 at the start of the day today. However, by the end of the day, most of the gains were lost and it closed at $30.88, just up from $30.77 before the upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 1/4 edition of Impact did 309,000 overnight viewers, up from the previous week's 285,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Beer City Bruiser and Dalton Castle's Boys have signed deals with ROH.

Delirious was in Japan for New Japan'sWrestle Kingdom 12 event. Cheeseburger worked as a surprise in the New Japan Rumble and worked today's New Year's Dash event, teaming with Ropponi 3.0 in a loss to Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks.

Ring of Honor announced the following lineup for their 1/20 TV Taping in Nashville:
*ROH champion Dalton Castle vs. Punishment Martinez.
*ROH Six Man Tag Team champions The Young Bucks & Hangman Page vs. So Cal Uncensored.
*ROH Tag Team champions The Motor City Machineguns vs. Best Friends.
*Shane Taylor vs Marty Scurrl.
*Cody Rhodes vs. Matt Taven.
*Jay Lethal vs. Flip Gordon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With James Storm officially departing Impact with his final TV appearance last night, Jeremy Borash and Abyss are left as the final original members of the roster. While Abyss didn't officially debut for a few weeks, he was on the first taping back in 2002.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Several weeks ago, we noted that WWE was looking to sign a prominent female independent talent. That talent, Candice LaRae, is backstage at tonight's WWE NXT taping in Atlanta.

Also backstage are Lio Rush (who had not been brought on the road recently) and Dakota Kai, the NXT talent who worked the Mae Young Classic but had not really been used on NXT TV since.
Quote:
Katsuyori Shibata revealed that he was told that his condition was so bad after his match with Kazuchika Okada due to the brain injury that he had only an 18 percent chance of survival
Quote:
We had Kenny Omega on for an interview and he noted that he and Kota Ibushi have turned down singles matches a few times because the setting hasn’t been right. Years ago, when they did a match for DDT at the Tokyo Dome that was a match of the year candidate, they pretty much said they wouldn’t do another singles match because there’s nothing left to do. But he said that he does see it as viable now in New Japan. He also talked about wanting to work a program with Tetsuya Naito, as well as with Hiroshi Tanahashi, and perhaps do something against other members of the Bullet Club
Quote:
Penta 0M and Rey Fenix have pulled themselves off the 3/9 to 3/11 wXw 16 Carat Gold tournament due to working the tapings here. The dates for the season four tapings at this point look to be 2/23 to 2/25, 3/2 to 3/4, 3/9 to 3/11 to 3/16 and 3/17. About 21 episodes are scheduled to be taped for a probable summer debut on El Rey. What is interesting is Jeff Cobb is still on those shows, although that may be temporary as Cobb is expected to return for the season. I think that a lot of the guys who were unhappy and looking at getting out of their deals see it as a month of weekends that they have to cancel so it’s not that bad, and it is television exposure.

Some guys who have asked for their LU release have gotten them. Some guys on previous seasons may not be brought back due to budget cuts. Some guys who are looking to leave haven’t been given their releases and were told they need time to write them off. There may be more of a move to get out if WWE was interested, because when it comes to other groups like Impact or New Japan, they could work there while still under contract with Lucha Underground.
Quote:
For New Year’s weekend, “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,” starring Dwayne Johnson, did $50,355,000, putting it just behind “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” at No. 2. Jumanji has done $170 million domestic and $153 million international as of the weekend, its second weekend out. “Ferdinand,” the animated movie where Cena has the voice of the lead character, was No. 5 at $11.4 million, giving it a three week total of $53.6 million domestic and $72 million international
Quote:
The most-watched shows of the past week on WWE Network were: 1. NXT on 12/27; 2. Photo Shoot with Cesaro; 3. Photo Shoot with Miz; 4. Clash of Champions; 5. Survivor Series; 6. 2017 Royal Rumble; 7. 2017 WrestleMania; 8. Best of Ride Along; 9. Table for 3 with Balor and Hardys; 10. Raw’s Greatest Moments 100-75. The 12/26 episode of 205 Live was in 11th place for the week

• Recent episode of the X-Pac12360 podcast show had Justin Credible as the guest discussing Brian Pillman Jr's wrestling debut, Credible not adapting to WWE style, Credible's recent drinking problems, and more. http://www.pwinsiderxtra.com/ViewArt...p?id=34079&p=1
  • According to the Observer, both War Machine and Ricochet have officially signed deals with the WWE.
  • Also according to the Observer, WWE is close to a deal being made for Candice LeRae.
  • The Times of India held a recent interview with Charlotte talking about impact of NXT trainer Sara Amato, her pick to win the Women's Rumble, and highlight of her WWE career so far. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-royal-rumble/
  • Rolling Stone had a recent interview with Ellsworth talking about his former WWE contract, his final WWE match, rumors of Vince wanting him to be a transgender wrestler, and not caring if he was remembered for being a jobber. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...talks-wwe-run/

Old 01-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #1633
Mr. Nerfect

Remember when The Motor City Machine Guns were the coolest team in wrestling?
Old 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #1634
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Remember when The Motor City Machine Guns were the coolest team in wrestling?
i know they've lost their lustre over the years, but that's still a badass as fuck name.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:02 PM   #1635
Mr. Nerfect

Sabin hasn't felt noteworthy since he got crushed under the weight of the TNA World Title. But he seemed off before then. Alex Shelley was the shining gem of wrestling for a while there, and then he left TNA and he's been around, but he's never...exploded like people thought he would.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:12 PM   #1636
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Meh kinda just your typical indy workhorses. They were in their prime at the wrong time.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #1637
Mr. Nerfect

Yeah, I suppose. Good looking guys and Shelley had some personality about him. It's a bit of a shame.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #1638
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Dropkick Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Raw dropped four percent from last week to 2.75 million viewers, but considering the competition, that's got to be considered a healthy number ...

The Raw audience should start its seasonal increase with next week's show, and the 25th anniversary show in two weeks is likely to be the highest rated episode of the year.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.99 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.78 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.50 million viewers
This week also had some Good/Bad news with the good being it didn't get as hammered for the demo rankings and the bad being it still suffered a sizeable drop compared to same week last year.

Quote:
Charlotte Flair and Bobby Roode are calling their Mixed Match Challenge team the “Robe Warriors.”
Link: https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/s...38996219830277

Quote:
Chris Jericho teased sticking around with NJPW for a while in a post on Instagram.

NJPW has a subtitled video of post-match comments from the main event of New Year’s Dash. It includes Tetsuya Naito responding to Jericho attacking him.

NJPW’s Leo Tonga is now known as Hikule’o and Shota Umino is going by Shota Unno.

Travis Banks will defend his PROGRESS Wrestling Championship against Chris Brookes in Birmingham on Sunday. Banks and Brookes are stablemates in CCK.

Candice LeRae will face Joey Ryan for Bar Wrestling in the Los Angeles area on January 18th. (thanks to reader Jake Koch)
Jericho: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdutd97lJNP/ , NJPW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNns8zItiSs , Tonga: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/950662970983399424 , PROGRESS: https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/...14496569942016 , Bar Wrestling: https://twitter.com/BarWrestling/sta...76466835619840

Quote:
After more than a year of talking about it, New Japan Pro Wrestling suddenly announced a four-city tour of Australia for February.

While it was known they would tour in 2018, particularly after the great reception Kazuchika Okada got in his appearance with Melbourne City Wrestling for his match with Slex, it was a surprise it would come before the next United States date.

"New Japan Fallout Down Under" will consist of four shows, a February 16th date at the Adelaide Titanium Arena, a February 17th date at Festival Hall in Melbourne, February 18th in Sydney at the Quay Centre, and February 19th in Perth at HBF Stadium. All four shows will be configured for crowds of less than 5,000 fans. Festival Hall is best known as the weekly home of World Championship Wrestling during the heyday of pro wrestling in Australia.

Wrestlers announced for the tour are Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Minoru Suzuki, The Young Bucks, KUSHIDA, Cody, Tomohiro Ishii, EVIL, SANADA, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Juice Robinson, Bad Luck Fale, and Lance Archer. Will Ospreay is also booked for Sydney and Perth.
Quote:
The first WWE vs. NJPW singles champion match in 24 years will take place on 1/17 in Milton Keyes, UK for the IPW promotion as WWE UK champion Pete Dunne will face IWGP jr. champion Will Ospreay.
Quote:
Brad Stutts, the booker and TV announcer for the CWF Mid Atlantic promotion, and who was The Scribe in the TNA version of Matt Hardy's broken universe, was let go by the promotion for what the promotion said was "what we believe is inappropriate behavior."
According to Voices of Wrestling, the reason this remained a silent story until recently was due to worries about exposing the sources and getting them blacklisted from wrestling if it was reported earlier. https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/...01344180387841

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There has been more fallout from CWF Mid-Atlantic firing Brad Stutts as booker of the promotion. Charlie Armstrong's Modern Vintage Wrestling, a promotion that also runs North Carolina that shared Stutts as booker, canceled their scheduled 1/20 event after a number of talents, many of whom were CWF regulars, publicly announced they would not be appearing on the show, which was scheduled to be headlined by appearances by Tommy Dreamer and Ricky Steamboat. After a number of the cancellations were announced, the decision was made to drop the show. Last night, MVW announced that Stutts had stepped down as booker and would also no longer be involved in Gimmick Tree Entertainment, a related business that brought talents in for conventions.

Nova Pro Wrestling in Virginia would also later announce that they were no longer working with Stutts.

Sources close to CWF have noted that the company felt so strongly about the Stutts situation that storylines were being changed specifically to break away from direction that may have been associated to Stutts' work.

CWF released the following statement on their social media yesterday: "We want to thank the tremendous outpouring of support for CWF Mid-Atlantic in this difficult time. CWF Mid-Atlantic had no choice in this matter. We have standards that we all must adhere to be in a position to represent our company. Our locker room is strong and united over this and we intend to not only persevere, but grow stronger with the dedication of all our team. We ask that our fans stick with us as we move forward. Thank you again for your support!"

Of course, the major question obviously in your brain if you are reading this is, "What the hell did Stutts do?" The reality is that there are a lot of stories that have made the rounds related to Stutts and Charlie Armstrong over the last 48 hours, but no one has been willing to go on record with the situation, so until someone does, it's not going to come out beyond whispered allegations. I can report that most of the stories center around alleged inappropriate communication with a staffer for CWF. That's about all I feel comfortable writing currently. Stutts, who finally responded to PWInsider.com last night, declined to comment and as noted, no one else has gone on record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE star Serena Deeb was spotted in Pittsburgh, PA today.

In checking with WWE sources, we are told there has been interest in bringing her back to the company of late. It appears she was in the Steel City for the usual pre-signing medical testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Squared Circle Sirens is reporting that Su Yung is booked for this week's Impact Wrestling tapings.

Impact Wrestling has announced their Global Wrestling Network is now available on Apple TV.

Impact are now selling a new Laurel Van Ness T-shirt.
Su Yung: http://squaredcirclesirens.com/su-yu...mpact-tapings/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Impact Wrestling will begin taping much of its weekly television leading into the 4/22 Lockdown PPV starting tomorrow at 6 PM in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios. The promotion will be running every night starting 1/10 through 1/15 with doors opening at 5:30 PM.

The current plan is to hold tapings in March in Canada leading into the PPV itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Northeast Wrestling announced last night that former WWE World champion Mark Henry will be appearing at their 3/2 Wrestlefest XXII event in Waterbury, CT, which is one of the company's big cornerstone events of the year.

Henry will be appearing before the show for autographs and photos. He will obviously not be wrestling but will be appearing over the course of the event as well. The former Emma, Tennille Dash will face Deonna Purrazzo on that event with Rey Mysterio and Flip Gordon also already announced. Rey Fenix and Penta 0M had been slated for this date but were pulled to work Lucha Underground TV tapings.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #1639
Mr. Nerfect

* I was thinking "cool gig" for Joe. He's joining the cast with Mark Hamill, Ron Perlman, Jamie King and Mikey Way. I had to look up Mikey Way, but I know plenty of people who used to listen to My Chemical Romance during "that time." Everyone else is a fairly big deal. Good for him.

* Who would go to Luke Gallows to learn how to wrestle?

* Is anyone shocked that the Women's Revolution is complete and utter bullshit?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #1640
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by King Macho's Royal Approval:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As we broke in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, two names have been discussed heavily in WWE Creative discussions for appearances in the first-ever women's Royal Rumble on 1/28 in Philadelphia.

The first is former WWE Women's Hardcore champion Molly Holly, who sources have told us is booked for the Rumble. Holly has been working as a trainer at Shawn Daivari and Ken Anderson's Academy Wrestling School in Minneapolis. Holly's last match for the company was the women's battle royal at Wrestlemania 25.

The second is former WWE Divas champion Michelle McCool, who recently teased on social media during an interaction with Charlotte Flair that she would be interested in returning for a final match. We are told McCool is not yet 100% locked in but has spoken with the company about an appearance.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible surprise entrants for the Women's Rumble.

Quote:
Tuesday night's episode of SmackDown on the USA Network averaged 2.603 million viewers, down four percent from last week's total.

The show was eighth for the night in terms of total viewers on cable but did finish first in the important 18-49 demo with a 0.76 rating.

For the second week in a row, and for the sixth time in the last eight weeks, SmackDown was up as compared to the same week from the previous year. The January 10th, 2016 show did 2.533 million viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Another thing brought up in the Boom! Comics story is how some felt like AJ was a "rookie" - the "Redneck Rookie" being the actual moniker used. "I was like 'Uh, I've been doing this for 16 years.'" Styles said. "I'm not a rookie and I'm not even the age a rookie would be coming into anything. So yeah, I kind of tried to squash that as quickly as I could."
From a recent interview Styles had with IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/...t-club-reunion

Quote:
While the venue and location have yet to be announced, Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks apparently have a date for their "All In" 10,000 seat show.

Cody revealed the official Twitter account for the event today and teased that it will be taking place on September 1st. The account follows Cody, Matt & Nick Jackson, Kenny Omega, "Arrow" star Stephen Amell, Marty Scurll, and Hangman Page. All seven tweeted out that they're "All In" for the show.

The idea for "All In" began when Dave Meltzer tweeted last May that Ring of Honor couldn't sell out an arena with over 10,000 fans any time soon. Cody took that as a bet, and it was revealed in November that Cody and The Young Bucks were planning to self-finance the show.

September 1st is on a Saturday during Labor Day weekend. That weekend is traditionally when Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles tournament takes place. In an interview with the AV Club last October, ROH's Joe Koff said he believes Daniel Bryan is under contract with WWE until September. If the deal expires after the 1st, it would mean Bryan is unavailable for the show regardless of what his future with WWE ends up being.
Quote:
TMZ reported that Triple H had dinner with Ronda Rousey and her agent in Los Angeles last night. Though the article noted that it was a big deal for Triple H to miss SmackDown for the dinner, he and Stephanie McMahon were already in LA for Television Critics Association press events to celebrate the 25th anniversary episode of Raw.
Link: http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/10/ronda-...-h-wwe-dinner/

Quote:
Triple H and Stephanie noted WWE is waiting for the legal process to play out in Rich Swann’s arrest. They reiterated that Swann will be immediately released if he’s convicted, which is what WWE’s zero-tolerance domestic abuse policy calls for.

The Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, which will host Fastlane on March 11th, put out a WWE-produced video that continues to advertise AJ Styles defending the WWE Championship against Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn in a fatal five-way match as the PPV’s main event.

Xavier Woods posted a video where Carmella trained with pancakes in preparation of teaming with Big E in Mixed Match Challenge.

Rusev teased that a Rusev Day calendar may be getting released soon.
Swann: https://www.thewrap.com/rich-swann-wwe-raw-205-live/ , Fastlane: https://www.facebook.com/NationwideA...8718589155023/ , Woods: https://www.facebook.com/xavierwoods...2448714587198/ , Rusev: https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/950928669786169344

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWNLive's Gabe Sapolsky will be signing an official contract with World Wrestling Entertainment as a consultant, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Sapolsky, 45, has been working on a handshake agreement with WWE for months, helping out specifically at the WWE NXT tapings. We are told Sapolsky will retain his position and responsibilities with WWN and the EVOLVE promotion and this is seen as a growth in the relationship between WWE and WWN.

The deal puts Sapolky and long-time mentor Paul Heyman, technically, back under the same roof for the first time since the original ECW closed in 2001. Before his current position with EVOLVE/WWN, Sapolsky was the initial booker for Ring of Honor and worked behind the scenes for ECW, including authoring the promotion's official program and heading up a Sabu Fan Club.
Quote:
Impact Wrestling is back to having a four-sided ring for this week’s television tapings in Orlando. There’s also a Twitch logo on the side of the ring, which could mean they’re partnering with the company.

Austin Aries returned to Impact at the tapings.

Jericho also discussed the business impact of the Omega match when appearing on Busted Open Radio. Jericho said he’s interested in doing the “Brock Lesnar idea” with NJPW if it works out. He said he has to reevaluate and see what he wants to do next, where the next big impact can be, and what time he has available.

In addition to Cody and The Young Bucks, Omega, Marty Scurll, Stephen Amell, and Hangman Page have tweeted that they’re “All In” for Cody and the Bucks’ 10,000 seat show. The location for the show will be revealed on a future episode of Being the Elite.

Madison Rayne will be taking part in the tournament to crown the first ROH Women of Honor Champion. She’ll be facing Mandy Leon in a first round match at ROH’s television tapings in Nashville on January 20th.
Impact: https://twitter.com/taiji_ishimori/s...33508319182849 , Jericho: https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/...59236556378115 , Jericho's "Lesnar" idea: https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/...61043898765312 , 10k Show: https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/stat...32897431822336 , ROH: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/mad...hip-tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Impact Wrestling star Moose suffered a knee injury during tonight's Impact Wrestling taping while competing in a Four Way bout. We will update with additional details when they are confirmed, but the belief right now is that he did not tear anything. More as we get it.

In regard to Impact Wrestling having the Twitch logo on their ring aprons at the TV taping tonight, we are told that there is a deal in place that will see the company producing content specifically for the streaming provider.

There will be a media call tomorrow AM with Don Callis and Scott D'Amore

There was a backstage meeting with all talent before tonight's Impact taping, including a chance for talents to ask any questions they had from management. We were told it was a very positive meeting.

Former WWE referee Marc Harris started with Impact tonight.

Kiera Hogan, who has a great look and a ton of potential, officially started with the company as well. She had been signed awhile back but not used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tickets for the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony at the Smoothie Center in New Orleans will go on sale on Friday 1/19 at 11 AM EST, so we should have the first honoree announced around that time.
Quote:
Triple H announced today that the official theme songs for WWE NXT "Takeover: Philadelphia" will be Asking Alexandria's "Into the Fire" and "When the Lights Come On" singles. Above is a preview of the songs.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPlMBV27JbU

Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans who is the favorite in the WWE United States Title tournament. As of this writing, 64% voted for Bobby Roode while 20% voted for Jinder Mahal, 12% for Xavier Woods and 4% for Mojo Rawley. As noted, next week's SmackDown will feature Mahal vs. Woods and Roode vs. Mojo will take place in 2 weeks. The winners of those matches will face off in the finals at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

• According to Meltzer, WWE currently considering between 3-4 legends/celebrities for the Women's Rumble and 7-8 from NXT to fill out the spots needed.
  • Recent episode of Talk Is Jericho had Kenny Omega as the guest. https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jerich...alpha-vs-omega
  • Amarillo Globe-News held a recent interview with Seth Rollins talking about who he'd like to face at a future Wrestlemania, fans reaction to the Shield reunion, and if his match against Cena and Lesnar at Royal Rumble 2015 proved he deserved to be a top star. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...eld-reuniting/
  • Update on recent news of RAW's 25th anniversary show being 5 hours long as the source of the news, Television Critics Association, issued a correction saying it will be a regular 3 hour show. https://twitter.com/OfficialTCA/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw