TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 05-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #1161
Ruien
MVP Mark

Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
Change won't happen until the monstrous cunt monarchy that has absolute control over the entire country is overthrown, and that will never happen as long as the US/UK/everyone sucks their cocks and sells them billions of dollars in weapons every year

Saudi Arabia is not a democracy where people can affect meaningful change... protesting is literally illegal and people are beheaded for it
But if enough people start banding together they may be able to overthrow the government. When enough people demand the change it will come. And that lady in the video is someone setting that example.
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #1162
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
But if enough people start banding together they may be able to overthrow the government. When enough people demand the change it will come. And that lady in the video is someone setting that example.
Lol, that's propaganda, mate. I refuse to even watch the video because it will make me sick, but I sincerely doubt that woman was calling for a revolution as opposed to saying "everything's fine...everything's great...really..."

Do you really think that if enough people get together they're just going to be able to tell the Al Saud family to leave Saudi Arabia? And how is the WWE dining with the family in any way encouraging that? It's an absolute monarchy over there. The subjects do not get a say. They do not get a say to say that they want a say. That leads to death. If there is a revolution it will be bloody and likely an international incident.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #1163
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The more people get together to protest their situation, the more heads will be rolling on the ground. Simple as that.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #1164
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They might change the method of execution in order to be more time-efficient. They do have one of the largest military budgets in the world, and are also one of the largest arms importers.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #1165
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Michael Cole said The Greatest Royal Rumble was the first step toward change in Saudi Arabia. I fully believe WWE has bought into their own delusional hype so much that they believe "WWE" will be in world history books in the near future after single-handedly bringing Saudi Arabia into the 21st century.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #1166
Mr. Nerfect

Is there any word on who actually put this deal together? It's such a politically inept move. Politics are hard to separate from everyday life, but there are ways to be far more "apolitical" than what they are doing. McDonald's treat their workers like shit, but it doesn't stop me from eating a Big Mac when I am drunk at 2am. People can't live in bubbles, even if every dollar we cast is a vote for the world we want to live in. Whatever. They've done shows in the country before. But who the fuck thought that entering into a 10-year PR relationship with them was a good idea?

The current world is so unpredictably transient that it is foolish to make predictions about what the world will look like in 2 years, let alone 10. I'm sure Vince had a lot to do with this, but it honestly feels a bit like a Triple H thing too. Remember when he thought that Guardians of the Galaxy, from Marvel Studios wasn't going to do well at the box office? He's pretty clueless about some things. I was kind of trying to just be "whatever" about the company doing it, because we all know they don't actually have morals, but it's the soppy propaganda during and around the show, and that statement from the Saudi government that they won't show women athletes on TV again that proved Triple H to be full of fucking shit within the same week he opened his mouth. We all knew he was full of shit, but dude -- the same fucking week it gets proven. It can't even be a couple of years down the line that the country proves it's got no interest in the bullshit agenda you are promoting for them?

No one can guarantee that the country is going to move forward. Triple H cannot make a promise that he will be able to get women on the show by 2028. I doubt even he would be foolish to say that publicly. They can't promise the country will move forward, or even that it wants to. It's absolutely bullshit and they had to go and make it one of their bullshit completely unsubtle token things.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #1167
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Michael Cole said The Greatest Royal Rumble was the first step toward change in Saudi Arabia. I fully believe WWE has bought into their own delusional hype so much that they believe "WWE" will be in world history books in the near future after single-handedly bringing Saudi Arabia into the 21st century.
If anything they made it worse by playing that promo in the middle of the event, causing officials to double down on their stance on women with that apology.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #1168
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Is there any word on who actually put this deal together? It's such a politically inept move. Politics are hard to separate from everyday life, but there are ways to be far more "apolitical" than what they are doing. McDonald's treat their workers like shit, but it doesn't stop me from eating a Big Mac when I am drunk at 2am. People can't live in bubbles, even if every dollar we cast is a vote for the world we want to live in. Whatever. They've done shows in the country before. But who the fuck thought that entering into a 10-year PR relationship with them was a good idea?

The current world is so unpredictably transient that it is foolish to make predictions about what the world will look like in 2 years, let alone 10. I'm sure Vince had a lot to do with this, but it honestly feels a bit like a Triple H thing too. Remember when he thought that Guardians of the Galaxy, from Marvel Studios wasn't going to do well at the box office? He's pretty clueless about some things. I was kind of trying to just be "whatever" about the company doing it, because we all know they don't actually have morals, but it's the soppy propaganda during and around the show, and that statement from the Saudi government that they won't show women athletes on TV again that proved Triple H to be full of fucking shit within the same week he opened his mouth. We all knew he was full of shit, but dude -- the same fucking week it gets proven. It can't even be a couple of years down the line that the country proves it's got no interest in the bullshit agenda you are promoting for them?

No one can guarantee that the country is going to move forward. Triple H cannot make a promise that he will be able to get women on the show by 2028. I doubt even he would be foolish to say that publicly. They can't promise the country will move forward, or even that it wants to. It's absolutely bullshit and they had to go and make it one of their bullshit completely unsubtle token things.
Probably has to do with greed, and the general public not really knowing how god awful Saudi Arabia is. I really don't think it's something that most people are educated about. I didn't really know much about it myself until Triple A started posting a lot about it a few years ago. I don't know if the government is influencing the press at all or what, but you don't see a lot about it in mainstream press. At least not as much about it as there should be, given how in deep we are with such shitty people.

I honestly don't know which is more stupid. Thinking that in 10 years time, that knowledge of Saudi Arabia's practices won't become more public knowledge or that they can actually influence change there.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #1169
Mr. Nerfect

Yeah, you might be right. I know too many women that have lived in Saudi Arabia. It's an odd thing, because it's actually home to some of them, and as such they do have a fondness for elements of the place, but they talk either critically or eerily nonchalantly about not being able to drive, or go out in public and never going anywhere alone for their own safety, and that sort of thing. I've noticed they get increasingly more critical of the regime when they are away from it, and the most positive thing I've heard is "My partner made a lot of money."

I guess it isn't publicized that much. I am increasingly thinking it was a bad gamble to get so deep with them, because in 10 years, I think there's quite a good chance things will actually regress and that the money they are getting from the deal isn't going to be able to counter-balance the negative effect being in bed with them has. I imagine they have out clauses and all that, but it's going to be...interesting.

I don't believe the WWE does honestly believe they could influence change. I think they are hoping for change and hoping to piggy-back off it. Like they hope India will explode as an economy and that their attempt at history there will benefit them. Short-term they just care about the money, but I think they were genuinely hoping that they would eventually be able to put on a women's match in Saudi Arabia and make world headlines or something. But I think they're just going to look like asses.