TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
2017 Rock Hall Nominees.

Let's see who we get this year.
of course, bold is who SHOULD Go in, Italicized is who I think WILL go in (I have a meh record on this, so here goes nothing.) I'm doing 7 for Each.

Bad Brains (FINALLY, a Hardcore Band gets Nominated. Probably won't go in, but I'm voting for them. And Why the fucking fuck did Green Day go in before them?)
Chaka Khan (As a Musical Goddess, sure. But not this year)
Chic (They'll probably finally go in just to get them off the ballots, like with Paul Butterfield Blues Band last year)
ELO (Definitely deserving, but not this year.)
Depeche Mode (one of two shoe-ins for this year, IMO)
J. Giles Band (Was "Angel is a Centerfold" really THAT important? not only no, but hell no.)
Jane's Addiction (worthy of a look, just because of "Jane Says," but this isn't their year, sad to say)
Janet Jackson (Should be in already, but probably won't, because of Nipplegate)
Joan Baez (The Rock Hall Hates women, and she'll get left off this year, as well.)
Joe Tex (Probably should go in, but won't this year.)
Journey (The Rock Hall Voting Committee hates Arena Rock. But Perry's voice deserves fucking respect. Fact.)
Kraftwerk (Not my bag of Tea, but should go in, eventually. Might even win the Avant Garde/Prog/Metal sweepstakes this year.)
MC5 (Brothers and Sisters, it's about that time to... INDUCT THESE PUNK PIONEERS, MOTHA FUCKAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, see the last sentence from Bad Brains.)
Pearl Jam (Not really a fan, but you know they're first ballot. That said, they wrote the greatest country song ever. Too bad no one has gotten around to covering it as such.)
Steppenwolf (They will be left out, much to the chagrin of many. But holy hell do they deserve it. One of Rock's greatest riffs of all time. EVAR!!!)
The Cars (Decent band, but they have that coolness that gets the Nominators off, so they'll likely go in.)
The Zombies (You mean there's a band from that era that HASN'T been inducted, yet? Need to fix that and quick. )
Tupac (because of modern controversy. No other reason)
Yes (not going in this year, either.)

I'll be pleasantly surprised, I'm sure. But thoughts, ideas?

=

"KARA-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" Question Mark.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote