TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
El Capitano Gatisto
World Class Raconteur

El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dark Souls

Anyone else got it?

I basically played Demon Souls right up until Dark Souls came out because I still hadn't done everything in the game and wanted to try out different character builds so I was a big fan of the predecessor. I've had this one since release and poured an unhealthy amount of time into it, it's ridiculously absorbing (can't see any reason to buy Skyrim or MW3 until I'm bored of this).

I'm pretty close to the end of my first run through but I can see myself going NG+ or starting out a new character so I can use some of the items that I haven't levelled up enough for this time round. I think I love both games because of the near lack of any kind of story, it's basically just running around in a constant state of tension, trying to chip away at the difficulty of the game.

The online multiplayer is inspired, I think, in terms of the co-op set-up and the invasion/duelling, although Dark Souls has toned down the invading a fair bit, which is disappointing.

Quote:
From Paul Berne's autobiography:

Damien Gates tried to use me as a way back into football. That dirty English cunt knew his career was finished and he tried to drag me down with him, attempting to keep me up by reminising about the old times. I could see beneath his lies however, right to the point where I just wanted to smack that bastard.

'I knew I hadn't played well that day, I knew the team hadn't performed to his capabilities but by golly, his head shake made me want to destroy his face'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonErich Lives
I tried to hold her down but she escaped because I'm too sweaty.
El Capitano Gatisto is offline   Reply With Quote