TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 07-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #161
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Knee that Beat NXT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The key takeaways from the WWE financials are that the company took in $199 million in revenue for the WrestleMania quarter, an all time record. Profits for the quarter were only $800,000, but they had projected only breaking even so that wasn't a surprise. For the Mania quarter, they actually lost money in the network division (network, PPV) due to the costs of programming and WrestleMania costs. They spent $21.5 million on WrestleMania in total.

WWE also generated $21.5 million in revenue on WrestleMania. On 6/30, they had 1,511,000 network subscribers broken down as 1,130,000 in North America and 381,000 outside North America. They plan on adding more than 300 hours to the network between now and the end of the year. We'll have a lot more on WWE financials in the next issue.
Lost around 300k from Mania although overall still up by around 25% compared to same fiscal quarter last year. In terms of profits, down by almost $4 million compared to last year's quarter.

Quote:
In the new Observer, in the article about Brock Lesnar, there was something we missed regarding the Wellness policy on the corporate web site which reads: "This policy, as it may be amended from time to time, is applicable to and binding upon all WWE Talent under contract to WWE who regularly perform in-ring services as a professional sports entertainer." It is not applicable to Lesnar because they classify that he doesn't regularly perform in-ring services as a professional sports entertainer.
Besides not getting suspended for failing tests, WWE actually doesn't have any power to suspend him regardless of the situation due to how his contract was written. Only option they have for punishing Lesnar due to roids, PR issues, or legal issues is to fire him.

Quote:
Based on what we were told, the Sin Cara-Gotch story was that Sin Cara flipped out and threw an unopened soda at Gotch's face and Gotch went down hard. Another report said it was a punch, but Gotch had a black eye when he was shown in background shots at the PPV, and was off the weekend house shows. No disciplinary action was announced. Sin Cara worked over the weekend. Three different performers and employees told us this week that Gotch has heat with some wrestlers (a few saying a lot of heat). Allegedly Gotch and Sin Cara had some issues in the past. We didn't get anyone to elaborate past that Gotch's mouth sometimes gets people mad at him.
Quote:
Regarding the loss of the title on Monday night by Charlotte, it was a booking decision made to try to make the first new era Raw show big. The title change had been booked to take place at SummerSlam all along. Now a rematch is scheduled for SummerSlam. Last night on the show it was brought up that there was a story going around that it was because Charlotte was taking time off, but that isn't the case. In fact, her schedule over the next six weeks is pretty brutal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
We are also told that the decision to switch the belt came from two distinct reasons. One, the creative team wanted to open the first Raw of the "New Era" with a big surprise by having Sasha Banks "accomplish her dream."

Second, we are also told that Vince McMahon felt that Charlotte's run as champion helped to establish the championship as legitimate. Now that there was a foundation for the Women's championship, the company is more open to switching the belt and using it to help fuel Raw storylines. McMahon is a huge fan of Charlotte's work and has been since he saw her wrestle Sasha Banks at the WWE NXT event several years ago in San Jose, CA, issuing an edict after her bout that night that she was to be featured more in WWE's Tapout promotional campaign.

We are told the decision was made to go with Banks because Triple H is a huge proponent of her work and since the two were already planned to face off at Summerslam, the title switch would add another dimension to their PPV bout.
Some details regarding the Women's title change on RAW.

Quote:
ZZ Loupe, Josh Woods and Tom Kingdon were released today from WWE developmental. Loupe was from the Tough Enough show. He had charisma, but didn't progress to their satisfaction. Woods was an MMA fighter and former college wrestling champion from University of Central Florida (the same college Tom Lawlor went to) and Kingdon was a tall bodybuilding champion who was signed about a year ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The El Rey Network announced the following:

El REY NETWORK’S ORIGINAL WRESTLING SERIES ‘LUCHA UNDERGROUND’ RETURNS FOR SEASON 3

ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 AT 8PM ET

Austin, TX – July 28, 2016 – “Lucha Underground,” El Rey Network’s exhilarating, lucha libre wrestling series from Emmy Award®-winning producer Mark Burnett, MGM, Robert Rodriguez and FactoryMade Ventures will return for an all-new 40 episode, third season on Wednesday, September 7 at 8PM ET, it was announced today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Cody Rhodes tweeted that he will be wrestling against Colt Cabana for Heavy on Wrestling on 9/1.

In a twitter Q & A, he was asked if he will be making any additional appearances for ROH besides Final Battle: "It's probably not a one time thing. . . Bay bay"

As for any additional EVOLVE appearances beyond next month, Rhodes said, "I hope. They were the first organization to seek me out. That's special to me."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On last night's WWE NXT, it was officially announced that Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura will headline the 8/20 Takeover event. WWE NXT Women's champion Asuka vs. Bayley is also set for that show,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Speaking of Summerslam, if you missed it, the show will start at 7 PM and be a four hour broadcast. Ticketmaster lists the show starting at 6 PM and advised ticketholders of an earlier start time, likely so fans are entering and seated in time for the beginning of the broadcast.
Quote:
The company now has a rule that they will not sign anyone under the age of 21. In the past, they've signed people younger than that. The story came out in Australia as Demi Bennett, 19, of Adelaide was contacted 18 months ago for the upcoming tryout camp in a few weeks in Melbourne. When she filled out a questionnaire, which naturally included her date of birth, officials pulled her from the camp and told her that they were not allowing anyone under 21 to try out, but told her once she turned 21 she will be given a tryout.
Prior to the new rule, the WWE had a soft rule of no wrestler under 20-21 would be allowed to debut on regular tv with Paige being the recent example.

Quote:
Bound for Glory was moved from 9/11 to 10/2, and will be held at Universal in Orlando, as opposed to an arena. As noted, the date was moved when WWE decided to add PPVs and picked 9/11 as the date. Because of that, to save money and get all the tapings done before Bound for Glory, the August set of tapings has been extended. They will be taping from 8/11 to 8/17, which will be Impact, One Night Only and assorted other stuff. They'll tape on six of those seven days and have one day off the way things are scheduled now. They'll probably tape again starting around 10/3 with everyone in for Bound for Glory, and won't have to tape in September, as the original idea was to start taping on 9/11.
Quote:
Regarding Del Rio, there has been talk from a few weeks back that he's got an out clause from his deal in September. TNA has had a lot of interest in him. He's making big money but they aren't doing anything with him and he can make big money working Mexico and Lucha Underground or Mexico and/or TNA and have a lesser schedule. He wouldn't be able to make the same money and when he was in India doing P.R. work for WWE he kind of put down TNA.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, debates about wrestling isbeing fake or real actually stretches back to the mid-1800s with news articles written about matches, shows, and incidents involving wrestlers. http://wrestlingperspective.com/working.html
  • Recent rumor online involves Bret Hart currently dealing with some health issues related to post-concussion syndrome.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:18 AM   #162
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If Del Rio leaves the WWE, ROH should try their best to snatch him up. He seems like he'd be a good fit there along with Cody Rhodes. They should also try their little hearts out to get Kurt Angle and ANYONE else that can get more eyeballs on their product. Damien Sandow was recently quite over and people still have good vibes about Wade Barrett -- both of them having true heavyweight potential.

It's time for ROH to get serious, put some money down and increase that traffic.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #163
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The hottest free agent in wrestling today ... Heath Slater:

Quote:
Despite Finn Bálor making his main roster on Monday, he appears to be working the NXT house show loop this weekend in Texas. He was advertised for the shows long before he ever joined the Raw roster. Bálor worked the NXT show in San Antonio on Thursday night. On his official Twitter account, Bálor tweeted earlier in the week, “As for now, back to work! #NXTSanAntonio #NXTCorpusChristi #NXTHouston #BalorClub Is Here”.

Other NXT social media outlets had the message: “Finn Bálor may have been drafted to WWE Raw... but you can still see him LIVE with WWE NXT THIS FRIDAY, 7/29, in Corpus Christi!”
Quote:
In a big surprise, the TV show "American Grit" with John Cena will be returning for a second season. Cena, who returns as Executive Producer, will be out of action for several months filming the show. The show did bad ratings, usually the lowest rated network show on Thursdays and often doing only half of its lead-in, and sometimes falling under 2 million viewers which is terrible for a major network first run show in prime time. However, Cena got high marks on the show and right now people want to attach themselves to him as a star because of the feeling in Hollywood he's the guy following in the success of Dwayne Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 7/28 edition of Impact Wrestling garnered 350,000 viewers last night. That was down slightly from what the 7/21 edition of Impact did for the first episode on their new day and timeslot with Pop - 362,000 viewers.

However, it should be noted that last week's episode featured a replay at 1 AM Eastern, bringing in an additional 48,000 viewers. In total, last week had 410,000 viewers total. So, if you factor in the replay, it's a drop of 60,000 viewers.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that WWE has licensed a new Limp Bizkit song but didn't specify exactly what the song was or what it would be used for.
Quote:
After originally being scheduled for Newcastle-based NORTH Wrestling's July 30th show, Will Ospreay will miss the date because of a possible shoulder injury.

The 23-year-old British highflyer has quickly become one of the most highly regarded talents in the wrestling industry, but a demanding schedule and wrestling style has led to some health issues in the past.

Dave Meltzer chronicled Ospreay's injury history in the June 27th edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. In just his brief career, Ospreay has suffered "two slipped discs, seven concussions, a dodgy shoulder that is prone to separation, two fractured heels, and sciatica which leads to numbness in his foot."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer and the First Ever Intercontinental Champion Pat Patterson joined the “Multi-Time Award Winning” The Rack to discuss a wide range of topics ...

What he was trying to get across when writing the book:
“In the book I was trying to get across not so much the wrestling, it was about being gay and coming out and having such a hard time all of these years trying to hide, it is not fair. Over the years word got out obviously, but I wanted to come out. I wanted to say it.”

Creating the Royal Rumble:
“When I came up with the Royal Rumble, Vince (McMahon) thought it was a stupid idea. I said it's not, it's going to work, oh my god give me a break, he didn't want to do it. It is now one of our the best pay per views we have every year. It is fun and the talent likes it.”

On fighting to bring talents back to WWE:
“Vince and I would work very hard at getting talent back. Some of these guys would get fired over the years. They were talented, but they would do stupid things. One of them was Shawn Michaels and Vince (McMahon) didn't want to hear nothing about him, in fact he is dead, Shawn Michaels is not coming back. Once in a while I would bring up his name. Shawn Michaels never called saying Pat could you get me in, he never called, I just wanted to convince Vince and then Shawn Michaels back. Another one was Bret Hart and another was Daniel Bryan. I fought for them. I didn't tell them I did that for you, they found out on their own. I was fighting for these guys, everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, especially if you are talented. So most of these guys need advice, sometimes it goes in one ear and out the other and some of them get it.”

His thoughts on the Bret Hart-Shawn Michaels Iron Man Match:
“The Iron Man match was a No-No. Vince (McMahon) didn't want to do that at all. Forget it, two little guys for one hour, forget it, on a pay per view. I really convinced him. It took me a while but they did it. My god, it was so good. I was sitting in the audience, I wanted to feel the moment. I was actually crying because of how much I enjoyed that match. You don't think those two kids were happy after, oh my god, it is something I will never forget.”

On who he sees with the biggest potential on the WWE Roster:
“Dolph Ziggler. Without a doubt. I see it big time. He has come a long way this kid. My point of view is if you got guys like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and all of these characters that are bigger than life, but those little guys, people love them. They are talented. That what makes feel that these can do nice things too.”
Some highlights from a recent interview Patterson had: http://wildtalkradio.com/rocknsock/t...rack071416.mp3

Quote:
WWE has purchased a stake in Flo Sports, which is the web site we wrote about several weeks ago that does live streaming of all the major events in sports like track, gymnastics, amateur wrestling, as well as doing MMA and they're pushed grappling shows as well as a monthly subscription service.
Quote:
Jinder Mahal is expected on Raw and Brian Myers (or Curt Hawkins as he'll probably go by) on Smackdown. MVP has been contacted but no word if he's signed. Teddy Long on a podcast said MVP and Benjamin were coming in, but MVP then contacted him and denied it. The thing is, while that may be the case, you are supposed to deny it until the company announces it. Stevie Richards is also expected back, but that isn't confirmed. The new deals are not for big money and are likely using experienced guys for names to put over the newer talent. One of the reasons several of the people contacted haven't signed is because of the money offer.
Quote:
More names offered contracts for the cruiserweight division, as expected, were Zack Sabre Jr., Noam Dar and T.J Perkins. That doesn't mean all are signed, only that the offers are out. The ones who sign will likely debut on Raw after the Cruiserweight tournament ends on television. I could see the 9/14 live tournament final being to create the cruiserweight title and that shortly and then they'd start them on Raw.

• During a recent interview with website Rare.us, Kane revealed he wants to enter politics after he retires from wrestling within the near future. http://rare.us/story/it-sure-as-hell...un-for-office/
  • A recent legal update regarding the Hogan-Gawker lawsuit involved a judge being furious at Gawker's founder lying about the company's value and Hogan being allowed to start claiming his settlement money now as punishment. Gawker had been trying to prevent or delay Hogan's side from collecting money with their latest attempt backfiring badly for them. http://nypost.com/2016/07/29/judge-b...r-stock-value/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 20th anniversary of the time Kevin Nash decided to play human darts with Rey Mysterio in WCW. http://i.imgur.com/3bnRImQ.gif
  • For those interested, Shinsuke Nakamura was today's guest for the Talk Is Jericho podcast show: http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho
Old 07-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #164
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
They don't need to bring back useless fucks!
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #165
Savio
Spammy Certified

Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
don't hinder Jinder
Savio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #166
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
don't maul mahal.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:16 PM   #167
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Jinder Mahal should only return with Drew McIntyre and if they have plans to reform 3MB.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:17 PM   #168
Mr. Nerfect

I'm now on board with Stevie Richards coming in. I want him as a tag partner to Curtis Axel. Richards knows what it is like to be irrelevant, but he's here to turn that around with one last shot in the big leagues with a partner he believes in.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:17 PM   #169
Mr. Nerfect

Oh, and Richards & Axel MUST win the Tag Titles at least once. And they must guest star on Ballers.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #170
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm all for that.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #171
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Bo Dallas should join the hype bros
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #172
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Neutralizer OUTTA NOWHERE:

Quote:
For the second week of the brand extension period, Raw held up well last night, doing 3.30 million viewers, down from 3.33 million the week before ...

The pattern was different from usual, in that the first hour was the strongest instead of the second hour. There was the third hour fade. It wasn't as bad as in some weeks, but it was still 9 percent drop, with the final hour built around the return of Brock Lesnar ...

For the three hours, the numbers were:

8 p.m. 3.46 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.40 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.08 million viewers
For some reference, same show last year had 3.7 million as the average

Quote:
Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that SmackDown will be adding its own women’s and tag team titles. Daniel Bryan did an interview with the Bear Hug it Out podcast, and confirmed Meltzer’s report that a women’s title will eventually be added to SmackDown.
Link to the Bryan interview: http://bearhugitout.podbean.com/e/ep...yan-interview/

Quote:
The judge in the Jimmy Snuka case has denied the District Attorney’s request to drop the charges, stemming from the 1983 death of Snuka’s girlfriend at the time. That means that Jimmy Snuka, at this point, is likely to stand trial for murder shortly.
Quote:
Though the newly revamped SmackDown Live may still only be two hours long, it will be receiving an extra hour of analysis on WWE Network.

WWE announced on Tuesday that WWE Talking Smack, a weekly SmackDown wrap-up show featuring analysis and interviews will be debuting on WWE Network tonight. That is in addition to the half hour pre-show that already airs on WWE Network before both Raw and SmackDown.

Talking Smack will air immediately following SmackDown at 10 p.m. EST.
Quote:
The Huffington Post has an article on TNA Knockout Jade, focusing on her overcoming domestic abuse. As a former victim of domestic violence, Jade is now an advocate of women’s rights championing the cause to end domestic battery. “We choose to get in the ring. We’re trained to keep ourselves and our opponents safe. But when someone brings it back home, that’s not wrestling anymore. That is not entertainment. That is just straight abuse.” Pass this article along if you know of anyone in a dangerous situation, female or male, child or adult. Violence in the home is not ok in any form.
Link to the article from Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-..._11269074.html

Quote:
As expected, Gawker founder and partial owner Nick Denton has declared bankruptcy stemming from judge Pamela Campbell's ruling that he needed to start paying Hulk Hogan his share of the big verdict. Denton is in a legal vise as he may not be able to raise the $50 million to appeal the original verdict.
Quote:
After an absence earlier this year caused speculation about her employment with the company, Lilian Garcia will officially be leaving WWE to help take care of her ailing father ...

Garcia has been sporadically absent from shows this year to care for her father who is fighting two different types of cancer, and is now leaving her role in WWE so she can stay closer to home and have time to spend with him.
Quote:
Ring of Honor announced IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada vs. Dalton Castle in a non-title for Death Before Dishonor XIV on pay-per-view August 19th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE applied to trademark "King of The Ring" as an event name on 7/28, so it could be returning again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tony Nese, who made his WWE debut last week in an excellent showing on the Cruiserweight Classic, has signed a new deal with WWNLive.com, the parent company of EVOLVE, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
Quote:
A round of roster reveals have been made for WWE 2K17 with Aiden English & Simon Gotch of the Vaudevillains, Booker T, Brian Pillman, Brie & Nikki Bella, Chris Jericho, Diego & Fernando of Los Matadores, Erick Rowan, Heath Slater, Jey & Jimmy Uso, Jim Neidhart, Konnor & Viktor of the Ascension, Larry Zbyszko, R-Truth, and The Ultimate Warrior all being announced for the game.

• In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Jinder Mahal's win over Heath Slater last night was his first ever singles win on RAW in the WWE. His only other wins on RAW were as part of 3MB while he had a few singles wins previously on Smackdown shows.
  • E! announced the debut of Total Bellas will occur on October 5th.
  • For those with Verizon Fios, El Rey channel was recently added to their lineup making Lucha Underground available to watch now.
  • ESN announced their weekly wrestling segment is being moved to Wednesday starting this week.
  • Rhyno will find out later tonight if he managed to win the Republican primary for one of Michigan state house seats up for grabs later this year.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:06 AM   #173
Ruien
MVP Mark

Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I turned off the tv on Brock. I don't care about his match. There is no real story there. It's just 2 superstars going at it. Feels meh.
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #174
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Gift of Jericho:

Quote:
According to his wife Valerie, former WWE Champion and WWE Hall of Famer "Superstar” Billy Graham has been admitted to the Mayo Clinic due to some serious medical symptoms. Graham will undergo a procedure Wednesday morning to identify the cause of his medical issues.
Quote:
The ratings for the second week of SmackDown’s new era were mostly unchanged from last week’s first post-draft episode.

Tuesday’s episode of SmackDown was watched by 2.68 million people, which is slightly down from the 2.73 million who had watched last week.
Still higher than what it was previously averaging on the USA Network although lost around 500k viewers since the Draft episode.

Quote:
They say politics can be a rough sport. If that's the case, the winner of Tuesday's Republican Primary in the 15th District State House race may be uniquely qualified for the battle he'll have in November. Terrance "Rhyno" Gerin is a WWE wrestler.

The WWE Superstar took down two Republican opponents in the primary, winning by only 54 votes as of 11:30 p.m. Though he had the highest vote total, he had yet to be officially named the Republican Primary winner.

As the winner of the Republican Primary, he would now face Abdullah Hammoud, the winner of the 15th District Democratic Primary, in November's General Election.

Rhyno, as he's known to wrestling fans, is running to represent part of Dearborn in the Michigan State House. He chose to run for office under his real name, Terrance Guido Gerin.
Quote:
In attempt to clear up rumors about why her daughter has been missing from WWE events, Saraya Knight tweeted that Paige is dealing with an injury.
Quote:
In today’s WWN alerts, it was reported that Heath Slater’s storyline negotiations with EVOLVE are at an impasse with Slater facing Rhyno in an attempt to earn a spot on the SmackDown roster next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who asked, Eva Marie's injury last night was indeed a storyline deal.

We noted last night that Paige was pulled from next week's WWE tour of Australia and New Zealand. We are told she is dealing with an injury.

Jimmy Uso is also out with an injury of some sort, hence Jey teaming with Zack Ryder last weekend.
Curse of Papa Shango strikes again. Bray also got hurt last night but seems to be a small tweak and nothing serious due to the lack of reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE released the following ad for the Backlash PPV on September 11th.

#SDLive will have its FIRST exclusive PPV event on Sunday, September 11 with #WWEBacklash at 8e/5p on @WWENetwork! https://t.co/v8qITaECFR
— WWE (@WWE) August 3, 2016

Old 08-03-2016, 09:44 PM   #175
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I like how that news says "He chose to run for office under his real name, Terrance Guido Gerin" as if it were really an option for him to chose to run under the name "Rhyno"......
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:08 PM   #176
Corkscrewed

Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
If elected, he will GORE!!! taxes and wasteful spending.
Corkscrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #177
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Seeing Rhyno in a suit with his hair pulled back not soaking wet in an honest attempt to look professional would be weird af
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:13 AM   #178
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Imagining him behind podium in Rhyno singlet, soaking wet, and threatening to GORE his opposition......
Old 08-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #179
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Seeing Rhyno in a suit with his hair pulled back not soaking wet in an honest attempt to look professional would be weird af
Old 08-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #180
Cool King
King K Cool

He wore that suit when he went to find out if he was on the ballot for State Representative back in March.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #181
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pee-Wee Herman ' s neglected used car salesman of a brother.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #182
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Dropkick Appreciation Thursday:

Quote:
In WWE injury news, Dave Meltzer confirmed on wrestling Observer Radio that Bray Wyatt did indeed sustain a sprained ankle on WWE Smackdown Live this week. Wyatt was still planning on working weekend WWE live events as of Wednesday morning, but if he misses the events that could be an indication that the injury is a bit more serious. As noted, Wyatt refused to have the match stopped on Tuesday night, and also refused to be checked on by trainers.
Quote:
Former WWE writer Kevin Eck has an interesting column talking about being in meetings where it was clear Vince McMahon did not see stardom in C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan, and also noting that if it was up to him, he'd build the company around Kevin Owens.
Link to the article: https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/...f-wwes-new-era

Quote:
The 9/26 Raw show in Cincinnati is advertising Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins as the main event.
Possible spoilers for the Universal title match at SummerSlam and Reigns-Rusev feud.

Quote:
Ring of Honor will be seeing another international star make an appearance on their roster, as Dragon Lee will make his debut for the company later this year.

Lee will compete for ROH at their September 30th All Star Extravaganza VIII pay-per-view in Lowell, MA. He will also compete on ROH's TV tapings the next night.
Quote:
Bret Hart talks Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins:

"If you watch wrestling, like I do. If you watch for the wrestling. There's so much talking. There's some twit back there with a pencil behind his ear writing down all these things for wrestlers to say. It all starts to sound the same," said Hart.

"There was a difference back in my time, where we all had to make up our own verbiage. So when you watch those interviews, a certain part of you comes out and that's what makes those characters so great.

"I've seen today, even in my own case for the bits and pieces I've done in wrestling, where they give you five pages of script to go out and interrupt somebody and say this or that, it might even be really small and pretty limited sort of dialogue but it's hard to do. Especially when they give it to you at 3:00 and then you start to memorize it, and you have it sort of memorized at 5:00 and they come up to you at 6:00 and it's all changed."

"I think that Cody Rhodes, if you watch wrestling like I do as a wrestling fan, he's to me one of those wrestlers that I would put in the category of 'Excellence of Execution'. Every move he does is safe and perfectly executed. There's a lot of wrestlers today a) their execution is lousy and they're not safe. You watch Seth Rollins who they've pushed as this huge mega, mega push. I watched him a few months ago, and you can watch it back on YouTube but he knees John Cena in the face. Just knees him in the face so hard, so recklessly, so dangerously, you can easily kill somebody with a knee like that in the face," said Hart.

"It's a testimony to John Cena that a) he finished the match and b) that he didn't get a shotgun and shoot Seth Rollins when he came through the curtain."
Link to the article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/housemon...617529f8%C2%A0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE.com is running a poll for SummerSlam's 'Most Heated Rivalries'. The winning match will be the centerpiece for a new WWE Network collection debuting on August 15th. You can vote by clicking http://www.wwe.com/polls/summerslam-most-heated-rivalry.
Quote:
John Cena, AJ Styles, Erick Rowan, The Usos and Apollo Crews will miss next Tuesday’s episode of SmackDown Live due to the tour of New Zealand and Australia that starts next Wednesday. Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt is being advertised for the dark match for Tuesday’s SmackDown Live.
Quote:
While being interviewed by Bailey and Southside earlier this week, Seth Rollins was asked about the famous “Wrestler’s Court” and Roman Reigns’ apology to the locker room for his Wellness Policy violation. In the interview, which you can see below, Rollins said he’d never been to Wrestler’s Court and that the system is no longer around. Rollins said that the system, in which talent who were perceived to have done something wrong would go up against a “jury” of peers, was typically over trivial things such as someone taking someone else’s seat in catering. He noted that the penalties “could be a little harsh” before the company went public and social media became prominent.

He was asked if he was there for Roman Reigns’ apology to the locker room, which was framed as a Wrestler’s Court situation, and said, “No, that’s misunderstood.” Rollins said that Reigns actually addressed the locker room because he is viewed as a locker room leader and wanted to address the incident. He said that Wrestler’s Court was more of a light-hearted thing and that Reigns’ actions were more of a professional thing between himself and WWE.
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK47bNLDwas

Quote:
Regarding last week's lead story, one correction is that in the Wellness policy on the corporate web site there is a sentence that can be construed as to cover why Lesnar wasn't being tested: "This policy, as it may be amended from time to time, is applicable and binding upon all WWE talent under contract to WWE who regularly perform in-ring services as a professional sports entertainer." The in-ring services is the loophole used for Vince and Stephanie McMahon, or even Paul Levesque when they were regulars but were not regularly doing matches in the ring. Regularly is the one for Undertaker, Rock or Lesnar, who don't work for the company regularly.
Quote:
Heyman reached a new deal with WWE this past week. The deal was always expected to be made, but WWE didn't do any mentions or advertise Heyman when he wasn't under contract. His deal expired shortly after WrestleMania and he'd been working on his own projects such as the speaking tour in England.
Quote:
The impression we have is MVP will not be coming in, although one person close to the situation said it's not a dead issue. He's also insisting he's not and pushing that he's still taking indie bookings. The word around wrestling is the offers have been low and a lot of the name stars contacted have felt they were too low to sign. We don't know if that's the case in this specific instance, only with others in the same boat. MVP was at the NXT show on 7/30 in Houston, and said he was there visiting friends.
Quote:
It's also mentioned that they may use him from time to time even if he isn't signed but "there was definitely talk among some in WWE that they didn't like how Sabre's style made things look "easy" and not combative."
Observer on some possible backstage heat Zack Sabre Jr has with WWE management at the moment.

• WWE's website recently explained the long standing tradition wrestlers have when it comes to wiping their feet before entering the ring. https://twitter.com/WWE/status/761305743500808192
  • According to a report from the Detroit Free Press, Rhyno is currently a heavy underdog for his election race due to his district being very pro-Democrat for voting and him running as a Republican.
  • During a recent episode of the Main Event Radio show, Eric Bischoff revealed he is currently suing TNA although didn't disclose why due to legal reasons. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/103...tling.html?p=1
Old 08-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #183
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I feel like Bret is likely wrong about Seth or countless others would have been injured outside of Cena and Sting.

Donut like to hear that Bray is injury prone - but if he is going to replace Taker as WWE's defacto Supernatural guy then I suppose that fits.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:11 PM   #184
Mr. Nerfect

Rhyno should be in sick suits every week.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #185
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by CWC Appreciation Friday:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
As every knows right now, Dolph Ziggler was awarded a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title against Dean Ambrose at the WWE SummerSlam event. For those who are expecting Ziggler to walk away with the Championship won’t be pleased to know that Ziggler is only a transitional opponent for Ambrose, and won’t be winning the Title.

Originally WWE had plans for AJ Styles to be feuding with Ambrose, but the company felt that Styles had unfinished business with John Cena so they decide to go with a blow-off match between the two at SummerSlam before Cena leaves to start filming for American Grit.

It’s expected that after the SummerSlam event, WWE will go back on their original plans and have Ambrose feud with Styles for the WWE Championship

Spoiler tags used since it deals with possible current plans and rumors for a couple of matches at Summerslam.

Quote:
Vince McMahon has been very happy with Randy Orton since his return. He feels he’s been focused and motivated, which has not always been the case in the past. During his time away from the ring, Orton voluntarily spent time in a drug rehab center, which under the Wellness Policy actually removes one of the strikes from his record. Orton’s last suspension was in May 2012 and was officially counted as his second violation. That was in addition to rehabilitating a shoulder injury and getting married. He and his wife also announced they are expecting a child. Vince couldn’t be happier with Randy’s attitude and performance so far on this stint as he heads into SummerSlam to face Brock Lesnar.
Quote:
As seen on Tuesday’s SmackDown Live episode, Eva Marie’s match against Becky Lynch never got started as she appeared to have suffered some sort of injury in her leg after stepping off the ropes. This injury angle was merely just storyline and she isn’t hurt.

Regarding Eva’s status with the company, we were told that the company is still pushing for her to be one of the top female Superstars of the promotion. They believe Eva has the look of what a female Superstar should look like. So, expect her to eventually be the face of the females on the SmackDown brand and be involved in the major storylines.
Quote:
Ryan Reeves' (Ryback) contract with WWE expires on Monday and he wished them well on their future endeavors. Months ago, Reeves and Vince McMahon in negotiations it was made clear for a number of reasons that they weren't going to be able to come to terms, so McMahon decided to no longer use him and allow his contract to expire. Reeves is looking for bookings at bookthebigguy@yahoo.com. He's also going to do a nutritional supplement line and a motivational book among other projects. He's going to be publicly starting on everything this week.
Quote:
Tommy Dreamer confirmed he was offered a WWE contract and was at one point scheduled to be involved as a secret person drafted, but said he's got commitments to his own company (they didn't want him continuing the promotion) so couldn't sign the deal. He did say he was open to do dates with the company, but not sign a regular deal. He was on the Busted Open show this week and said he's not sure if it's the right decision, but he doesn't want to give up on his dream to run a company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned WWE doctors still haven’t officially cleared Nikki Bella to return … but her recent training sessions are a major step in the right direction.

Sources tell us all sides are being as careful as possible due to the severity of the injury Nikki is recovering from — and right now, doctors are monitoring how her neck reacts during training ...

We’re told the only thing Nikki can do at the moment is continue training at the Performance Center and hope the bone in her neck has fused properly so doctors can give her the green light.
Quote:
Regarding the Banks title win over Charlotte, as noted, it was scheduled to happen at SummerSlam and that had been the plan for months. Actually the original plan was WrestleMania, but the feeling was that Lynch was getting over so well that she was added to the Mania match and the title change was moved to SummerSlam. The decision was made late to instead change it to Raw with the idea that they felt it was more important to make the first split-branded Raw a hot show. Almost none of the wrestlers knew until the match ended and the talent didn't know until very late in the game.
More details regarding the reaction from the locker room when they found out from this week's Observer Newsletter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpBoFUdW8AA4LJf.jpg

Quote:
After the Boston Globe articles accusing Chris Nowinski and his Concussion Legacy Foundation being soft on WWE after WWE became its major funding contributor, the timing probably wasn't the best of the Foundation pushing a raffle to win a trip to New York for SummerSlam weekend with two tickets for every event, plus meeting HHH and attending an exclusive breakfast session and VIP reception with the wrestlers. It's a fund raiser for the Foundation and they and WWE are partners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All time great Beautiful Bobby Eaton is missing. Eaton appeared yesterday at the Mid-Atlantic Legends Fanfest in Charlotte, NC but has not made it back home.

Eaton was last seen early this AM at the Atlanta airport. The belief is that Eaton, scheduled to fly home last night, missed his connecting flight and was at the airport this AM.

Attempts by his friends and family this AM to contact Eaton have, as of this writing, been unsuccessful.
Supposedly was discovered hours ago eating at a random diner but nobody knows where he went afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 8/4 edition of Impact Wrestling garnered 317,000 viewers. That was down slightly from what the 7/28 edition of Impact, which brought in 350,000.
Quote:
Big Show confirmed a match with Shaquille O'Neal at WrestleMania in Orlando today when doing a promotional tour for the company in Shanghai, China, promoting the 9/10 house show.
Quote:
Loot Crate, a fan-based commerce and community platform and WWE announced WWE Slam Crate, a bimonthly mystery subscription to deliver products. Each crate will contain WWE apparel and other WWE collectibles that can't be found anywhere else. The first month's theme will be "The First" to celebrate various firsts in WWE history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jake Roberts appeared on the Fox 5 news in Las Vegas, NV this morning. He was in studio promoting Super Toy Con which is at The Orleans this weekend. Jake said he actually hates snakes. He said he smoked pot one night and that gave him the idea to be Jake The Snake. He said he was listening to Monday Night Football and they mentioned Kenny The Snake Stabler, and that is where he got the idea for the gimmick. He didn’t take into account that he hated snakes. He was asked about wrestling Andre The Giant. He said he really didn’t fight him, he was just in the ring with him. He talked about how Andre would pull his hair and farted on him in matches

• According to the Observer, Lucha Underground is currently leaning towards taping Season 4 during this Fall instead of early 2017 as initially planned. Also current plans for Season 3 have the finale occurring around June 2017 and Ultimate Lucha once again to be split over a series of weeks.
  • Observer's Dave Meltzer recently confirmed rumors and reports of Summerslam being over 4 hours this year. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/s...02559886843905
  • Cody Rhodes revealed on Twitter he will be wrestling against Kurt Angle at the October 8th show for British indie promotion WCPW. https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/statu...10761005363200
  • During a recent interview with Main Event Radio show, EC3 revealed his current TNA contract expires on January 2017.
  • WWE revealed Danial Bryan will be on next week's episode of RAW as part of the on-going Lesnar-Orton feud.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #186
Mr. Nerfect

It sounds like Bobby Eaton just wanted to get some fucking food. I hope the dude is okay though.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #187
Mr. Nerfect

I imagine that when he loses the WWE World Title match, Ziggler turns nasty. My guess is that we get Orton vs. Styles and Ambrose vs. Ziggler in a continued feud, despite the rumors that Ambrose and Styles will work together.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:50 PM   #188
Mr. Nerfect

Ambrose beats Ziggler at SummerSlam, Ziggler turns heel on SmackDown Live. Ambrose vs. Ziggler headlines Backlash -- possibly in a Title vs. Hair Match.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #189
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Oh no, whatever shall i do now?

*goes and gets a Pizza and listen to Guns n Roses*

Ryback sucks!
Old 08-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #190
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Ryack Rules

Sorry to see him go like this. Especially with this brand split, could have finally given him the opportunity to make it big.

Glad for that news clarifying that Eva Marie's injury wasn't legit. Would not have been able to tell otherwise, her acting is that good.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #191
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ziggler NEEDS to go heal and just start kicking ass. Pulling heel tactics to win with dirty pins, the return of FOREIGN OBJECTS IN THE TIGHTS, etc.

He can pull it off.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:26 AM   #192
Mr. Nerfect

Ziggler should steal the belt at SummerSlam and make-out with Renee afterwards.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #193
Mr. USA #1

Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Mr. USA #1 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Gonna miss THE RYBACK. Also, Bobby was just Eaton out. RIP.
Mr. USA #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #194
Maluco
Reigning Tipsters Champ!

Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Ziggler NEEDS to go heal and just start kicking ass. Pulling heel tactics to win with dirty pins, the return of FOREIGN OBJECTS IN THE TIGHTS, etc.

He can pull it off.
This would be great. He has the talent and can sell for the bigger faces and get them over. He needs to be a cocky heel. It would be great if they stuck a big bodyguard type with him too that he can hide behind.

Too similar to HBK? Yeah, but that was a generation ago now and most things are recycled nowadays. The key to Smackdown thriving with a smaller roster is reviving guys like Ziggler and making them big players again.

Big moves need to be made for that to happen though, because the likes of him and Del Rio are so stale right now.
Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #195
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ZIGGLER WITH THE KNUCKS!
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #196
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Had a dream that Nash and HBK were interrupted by Ziggler, and Nash turned on HBK to side with Ziggler as his bodyguard. Hall came in for the and ate a powerbomb. Twas a glorious dream.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #197
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Vince's reaction to the sheets:

Quote:
As it turned out, Raw got killed last night by the Olympics.

The show did 2.90 million viewers, which, with the exception of holiday shows, broke the 19-year record low of 2.95 million viewers set on November 23, 2015 ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.95 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.97 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.81 million viewers
1st Hour ended up being a big cause for the overall drop since it was around 500k less than last week. Olympics ate away some of the viewers but at a less chunk than the Olympics did against RAW in 2012. For some historical perspective, RAW had around 4.5 million viewers for its 1st week against the Olympics in 2012.

Quote:
The second round of roster announcements were revealed for WWE 2K17 today, with The Rock, Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor, Triple H, and others joining the roster.
Link to the updated rosters for 2k17: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...-roster-reveal

Quote:
One of professional wrestling's fastest rising stars will soon be making his debut for Ring of Honor.

At the end of a video update hosted by Kevin Kelly, it was revealed that Will Ospreay will debut for ROH on their tour of the United Kingdom later this year.

There was speculation that Ospreay would be exclusive to EVOLVE in the United States after Paul Heyman presented Ospreay with an EVOLVE contract on behalf of Gabe Sapolsky during Heyman's speaking series in the U.K. last month, but Dave Meltzer reported that nothing had been officially signed.

Ospreay is under contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling, and their relationship with ROH would seem to make them a natural fit for his U.S. home, but whether Ospreay will compete stateside for ROH remains to be seen.
Link to the video announcement: http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/...r-debut-218291

Quote:
WWE Champion Dean Ambrose appeared on the Stone Cold Podcast with Steve Austin last night on the WWE Network after Raw went off the air and had interesting comments about his match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 32 earlier this year.

Lesnar defeated Ambrose in convincing fashion at WWE's biggest event of the year, and Ambrose provided a glimpse into how the match was put together.

“It was pretty cool, you know? I went to the ring that night pretty pissed off, and then, as I walked to the ring, I had no idea what was gonna happen." Ambrose said. "Went out there with not much of a plan so to speak. I felt like I was pulling teeth to turn that match into something epic.”

After further prodding from Austin, Ambrose said, “Artistically, Brock didn’t want to do anything if you want me to be perfectly honest. Because you know, Brock’s gonna Brock. He’s all about Brock."

"I had a vision for that match to be the craziest thing imaginable, you know what I mean? And I was trying to pitch everything to everybody and had every idea. I put so much effort in and so much work in, and other people did too, and I was met with laziness.”
Being speculated Lesnar didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize his chance at a future UFC fight since he had been in talks for one as part of his contract extension.

Quote:
Now that he is officially no longer under contract with WWE, Ryback's first wrestling dates outside of a WWE ring have been booked.

The Big Guy will compete for the New York area-based Wrestlepro promotion on October 14th in Cresskill, NJ and on October 15th in Brooklyn, NY ...

He will also appear at WrestleCade in Winston-Salem, NC in November, and was billed as "The Big Guy" for the appearance.
Biggest thing about the announcement revealed the WWE's attempt at getting Ryback's "The Big Guy" trademark removed ended in failure for them.

Quote:
SummerSlam will take place on August 21st at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. The updated card is:
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
  • Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
  • WWE Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler in a championship match
  • John Cena vs. AJ Styles
  • WWE Women's Champion Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte in a championship match
  • United States Champion Rusev vs. Roman Reigns in a championship match
  • Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Apollo Crews in a championship match
  • WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day (Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston) vs. The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) in a championship match
  • Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
Quote:
In advance of his scheduled UFC debut in September, FOX Sports will air a series documenting CM Punk’s transition from the squared circle to the Octagon starting next Monday.

The four-part series titled "Evolution of Punk" will conclude on September 10th. Director Rory Karpf, who has worked on several sports documentaries including editions of the ESPN 30 for 30 series, announced the premiere date via his Twitter account on Monday.

• Newsweek had a recent article about Pat Patterson's career and his new book: http://www.newsweek.com/pat-patterso...ing-and-487721
  • Recent rumor around the net teased the backlash from Conor McGregor's recent rants against the WWE might have put future deals and agreements between the WWE and UFC at jeopardy. Pretty much everyone in the WWE except the McMahon family and Triple H were trashed by McGregor.
  • Observer had an article dealing with recent updates tothe Gawker-Hogan trial with one of the biggest being Gawker trying to clean up their image to attract a potential new buyer. http://www.f4wonline.com/news/hulk-h...-powers-218106
  • According to PWI, WWE is planning on introducing another new belt for either Smackdown or RAW as part of current plans for Smackdown to get their own set of tag and women's belts. Article itself was locked behind a paywall so not sure if its related to a recent poll by the WWE or the teasing of the cruiserweight division getting its own belt.
  • Also according to PWI, another RAW this week had Smackdown wrestlers involved for the post-show match. This time being Bray Wyatt against Randy Orton in a quick match.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 17th anniversary of Chris Jericho's debut in the WWE.
  • According to a recent episode of the Observer Radio show, WWE is currently planning on rushing Reigns right back into the WWE title scene if his feud against Rusev ends up being very successful for him in terms of crowds. Also teased WWE doesn't consider Balor as a possible top star for the RAW brand.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #198
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Rusev's newest book "The Art of taking a Spear":

Quote:
SmackDown viewership on Tuesday night was down 8% from last week against strong competition from NBC's coverage of the Olympics. The drop wasn't as severe as it was for Monday Night Raw the previous night, despite 33 million people tuning in to coverage of the games.

SmackDown did 2,455,000 viewers for the two hour broadcast on USA Network. That's down from the 2,681,000 the previous week.
SPOILER: show
Quote:
TNA is teasing that they will unveil a major addition to their roster tomorrow, and all signs point to it being the former Damien Sandow.

A video that TNA debuted exclusively on RollingStone.com advertises tomorrow’s episode of Impact and concludes with Sandow’s WWE theme. The article accompanying the video claims that the company has signed one of wrestling’s biggest free agents.

Both Sandow (real name Aaron Haddad) and TNA's official Twitter accounts tweeted links to the article.

Spoiler tags used since it relates to a surprise for tomorrow's TNA Impact show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
CMLL in Mexico announced today that they have entered into an official working relationship with Ring of Honor. The promotion already worked with New Japan, as does ROH. Matt Taven was announced as heading to CMLL in the future.
Quote:
At today’s WWE live event in Auckland, NZ it was announced that NXT will soon hold shows in New Zealand and Australia with dates to be announced.
Quote:
In case you have missed it or if you don't have the time to sit through the whole podcast, there you go:
  • He eats at the restaurant Chipotle a lot, he might go there up to 5 times a week. Braun said he would get fat if he eats garbage, he loads up on protein bars. He eats about 5000-7000 calories a day.
  • Mark Henry helped Braun get into WWE. He signed with them in May, 2013. He went into company very confident, because he felt like he had a lot to offer. He does have an amateur wrestling background from High School. After the first week of practice he was terrible sore, he said he felt like a 90 year old man
  • Coming out on stage is a special feeling for him and he was happy that he got to wear a mask in the beginning, because he was marking out like 6 years old kid. He was so nervous when he first debuted and feels like he still has a lot to learn. Braun thinks he's been lucky to work with Kane and Big Show on live events.
  • Him and Bray had a special connection ever since they met. Bray wanted Braun to be a part of the family long before he was put into the family. He feels like he couldn't have been in a better spot - it helped him a lot to have the opportunity to hone his craft while hiding some of his weaknesses. He looks as Bray as a big inspiration, they did everything together.
  • He likes to watch Bruiser Brody's matches as references. He prefers being a heel because it allows him to be someone's he's not - he looks at it as more of a challenge.
  • Braun feels like this is what he was born to do and he can't picture himself doing anything else now. He doesn't want to be a big lumbering giant and he wants to eventually be a heavyweight champion. He doesn't feel ready for that right now though.
Highlights from a recent Steve Austin podcast show with Braun Strowman as his guest courtsey of r/SquaredCircle. More highlights: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...raun_strowman/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The WWE Universal Title won't be the only new championship coming to the RAW brand over the next few months as a new WWE Cruiserweight Title has also been confirmed. No word yet on when the title will debut but PWInsider reports that it has been commissioned and confirmed by multiple sources. As we've noted, the cruiserweight division will be exclusive to the red brand. This has not been confirmed but it's possible we will see the new Cruiserweight Title debut at the live finale of the WWE Cruiserweight Classic on September 14th from Full Sail University.
Quote:
Dave Meltzer noted on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that McGregor’s comments were not a work, and were not part of some elaborate story line being setup by WWE and UFC. Meltzer added people in WWE were told not to respond to McGregor’s remarks, and those superstars who did, including Sasha Banks, Roman Reigns, Ric Flair, Sheamus and more, did so on their own accord.

Meltzer noted “there is no angle for sure” right now, but said that of course could change in the future. Meltzer also alluded to McGregor’s rant possibly screwing up “a big business deal” between UFC and WWE, and that “the deal” is falling apart. Meltzer did not add any further details on what the potential deal between the two companies might include.
Some updates to the backlash regarding McGregor's wrestling rant and debunking rumors of the whole thing being a gag by everyone involved.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:11 AM   #199
Black Widow

Old 08-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #200
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Bliss Appreciation Thursday:

Quote:
ESPN officially launched a WWE section on their website -- a major happening for the Worldwide Leader In Sports.

The section will include news, results, profiles, championship lineages, and rankings with the Cheap Heat podcast as one of their flagship pieces of content. They have launched Twitter and Facebook accounts as well ...

What is going to be interesting to see play out is how ESPN covers WWE. Will they take an approach of kayfabe and analysis? Play it straight? If a major injury happens, could that get in the pole position on ESPN’s home page? If so, imagine the reaction from traditional sports fans and media critics alike.

But in a March media column penned by SI’s Richard Deitsch, the media critic (and wrestling fan) pointed out why ESPN was so interested in providing WWE coverage: the numbers ...

They found that ESPN viewers are very interested in WWE content. For example: Last Monday’s WWE Raw, which airs on USA Network, was the most-talked about topic among SportsCenter’s nearly 26 million Twitter followers (The ESPN researchers look at hashtags and keywords). WWE content, in fact, drew three times as many as mentions as the second-most talked about topic that night​: LeBron James.

Jacobs said WWE Raw has been a top five talked-about topic over the last five weeks among SportsCenter followers on Twitter and a top 10 topic for 15 straight weeks
Coachman's gamble months ago to get more WWE/wrestling coverage on ESPN started to pay off now.

Quote:
As part of launch day content for ESPN.com's newly-created WWE dedicated section, Triple H (real name Paul Levesque) was interviewed by ESPN's KC Joyner about booking and wrestling psychology.

In the interview, WWE's Chief Operating Officer offered a results-oriented defense of WWE's booking and was critical of those who use the term 50/50 booking.

"When somebody goes, 'Well, you just can't get people over with 50/50 booking,' [I'll always say] 'Oh, I'm sorry, how's your territory coming? Because this one seems to be doing pretty good over here.' We just had the largest WrestleMania in history." Triple H said. "People talk a lot of smack about ratings and things, but they don't understand all of the dynamics of everything we do. They don't. They sit on the internet and they read one thing and they give their point of view."

On the topic of wins and losses, Triple H said that he doesn't keep track of them and those decisions are more of a feel thing.

"Sometimes you're beating a talent because you want to beat them and that's the sympathetic reaction you're trying to elicit. There are some talents that, when you beat them, they get more popular, but as soon as they start on a winning path, their popularity begins to wane... People want that underdog to strive to succeed and then get a little bit of success and then get knocked back off that perch and be the underdog again."
Quote:
After TNA teased that he had signed with the company yesterday, Damien Sandow (real name Aaron Haddad) made it official on Thursday in an interview with RollingStone.com.

"TNA just seemed like the perfect spot for me," Sandow said. "They are a growing company with a proven track record. I really believe that they have their finger on the pulse of what the audience wants, and they will gear their product towards that."

Sandow went on to say that he hadn't planned on signing with a company so soon, but he was impressed by his discussions with TNA management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC
WWE Plans to 'Integrate LGBT Characters' Into Programming

Through its partnership with GLAAD, an LGBT media advocacy organization, WWE is also prioritizing sensitivity in their writers' room.

"We've had GLAAD come in and speak to our entire writing team and give a whole tutorial on sensitivities, the right words, the wrong word [and] why those words matters," she explained. "I think that with their guidance and support, we will be able to portray that [LGBT storyline] appropriately."
Link to the article from NBC: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-o...7411?cid=sm_tw

Quote:
Regarding Paige, there may be some nerve damage regarding her back and shoulder issues. I was told her neck issue is similar to what a lot of the guys have had that had serious problems where the problem has led to weakness in the right arm which was the first stage for some major issues with a lot of the guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The updated lineup for the 8/20 WWE NXT Takeover: Brooklyn event at the Barclays Center features:

*WWE NXT champion Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.

*WWE NXT Women's champion Asuka vs. Bayley.

*WWE NXT Tag Team champions The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa.

*No Way Jose vs. Austin Aries.

*Bobby Roode vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas.

*The debut of Ember Moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WCW star Marcus "Buff" Bagwell filed a lawsuit against World Wrestling Entertainment in the United States District Court of Connecticut on 8/9, suing over what he claims is owed royalties from usage of material featuring his matches on the WWE Network.

Bagwell is alleging that he was under contract to WWE* from 1991 to 2001 by virtue of his contracts with World Championship Wrestling and WWE purchasing WCW in March of 2001. In the lawsuit, Bagwell notes that his WCW** deal expired four days after the then-WWF purchased the company. When he was signed by WWE to a new deal in June 2001, Bagwell was signed under the WCW brand*** and name for his new contract, which was executed by WWE's Ed Kaufman ...

Bagwell's lawsuit claims that the WWE deal "merged" with aspects of his former WCW contractual terms, specifically the 1998 WCW deal that expired in March 2001 ...

Therefore, Bagwell is arguing that WWF are bound by his June 2001 WWE contract in regard to payment of royalties for PPV events and home video material. The lawsuit noted the following language from the contract that WWE has allegedly ignored ...

The lawsuit claims that when WWE released Bagwell in August 2001, language from that agreement noted that WWE was buying out all of their obligations from the contract, with the exception of royalties that Bagwell would be owed going forward as determined by his contract.

The language in the release also noted that Bagwell could not bring legal action against WWE as long as they maintained the terms of his Release agreement. Bagwell is now suing because he alleges WWE has now allegedly breached the agreement by not paying him royalties. Bagwell submitted a first quarter 2016 Royalty Statement sent to him by WWE showing that he was owed no royalties despite the WCW material being featured in the WWE Network's VOD section.
Link goes into way more details about the lawsuit: http://officialfan.proboards.com/thr...s-over-network

• WCPW announced Jim Ross will be a commentator for their upcoming Refuse to Lose ppv show on October 6th.
  • ICW announced Ricochet will be wrestling at their upcoming Fear & Loathing ppv on November 20. https://twitter.com/InsaneChampWres/...94626159443968
  • Cody Rhodes revealed his entrance theme for the indies will be "Kingdom" by Downstait. https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/statu...82433623814144
  • According to the Observer, ROH recently offered a full-time deal to Will OSpreay which takes effect next year. Will still wrestle at NJPW but the new deal covers all dates he has off.
  • Also according to the Observer, NJPW is currently in talks with Ryback for a possible deal with the company.
  • Observer is reporting the WWE is trying to get a deal with Sony Six for the India market at the cost of TNA's presence in the country. Could end up being the final nail in TNA's coffin if they lose both Sony's money and the Indian tv market.