TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 01-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Effective use of Styles in Florida between Rumble and RAW.

I remain skeptical about him in the long run though. I dont think he brings anything special to the table that WWE doesnt already have.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:44 PM   #2
NormanSmiley
shisen sucks all the cock

NormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be bannedNormanSmiley should probably be banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post

I remain skeptical about him in the long run though. I dont think he brings anything special to the table that WWE doesnt already have.
As always in total agreement with cynick. Well located state to debut him in. Much less of a pop laat night in miami. For all the hoopla the internet gives this guy, he brings a look and style that wwe has had before and already has. Once the "aj styles" is finally in the wwe sets in and the fans get frustrated that they didnt bring in all his clique right away and make him instachampion,he will be just another guy on the roster the size of tyler breeze with a southern accent
NormanSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanSmiley View Post
As always in total agreement with cynick. Well located state to debut him in. Much less of a pop laat night in miami. For all the hoopla the internet gives this guy, he brings a look and style that wwe has had before and already has. Once the "aj styles" is finally in the wwe sets in and the fans get frustrated that they didnt bring in all his clique right away and make him instachampion,he will be just another guy on the roster the size of tyler breeze with a southern accent
Yeah I just don't see his appeal

He's a guy who has spent the majority of his career working in front of crowds that don't pay for tickets who see him as a stud.

Even his match was Jericho was good, but wasn't anywhere close to great. Now granted they haven't worked together to get chemistry, but I just see this guy being exposed now that he's on the big stage.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #4
CSL
Over Like Rover

CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:

neither did Daniel Bryan and things worked out okay for him. Nobody alive thinks he's the 'saviour' or thinks he's going to be some kind of record setting headline babyface. But the AJ 'attraction' is that bell to bell, he is in the conversation when it comes to the very best wrestlers in the world. And there are only a handful of those guys alive, let alone just WWE. And that's more important to them now more than ever. So I think he brings a little bit of 'special' to the table.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL View Post
neither did Daniel Bryan and things worked out okay for him. Nobody alive thinks he's the 'saviour' or thinks he's going to be some kind of record setting headline babyface. But the AJ 'attraction' is that bell to bell, he is in the conversation when it comes to the very best wrestlers in the world. And there are only a handful of those guys alive, let alone just WWE. And that's more important to them now more than ever. So I think he brings a little bit of 'special' to the table.
Yup, and between a couple of the NXT guys, a returning Rollins, Nakamura coming in and maybe one day Daniel Bryan to face AJ, that's one helluva upper mid card/main event picture depending on how the crowd takes to him.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #6
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

Quote:
We'll see. People often forget that the majority of guys in WWE are really good. A lot of guys in NXT are really good.

I hope he does well. I just think he would have been more effective in NXT exclusively.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
CSL
Over Like Rover

CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
We'll see. People often forget that the majority of guys in WWE are really good. A lot of guys in NXT are really good.

I hope he does well. I just think he would have been more effective in NXT exclusively.
WWE definitely has plenty of really good guys, people don't forget that. But there is a big difference between "really good" and "world class".
Old 01-26-2016, 11:12 PM   #8
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

Quote:
WWE definitely has plenty of really good guys, people don't forget that. But there is a big difference between "really good" and "world class".
Its only been two shows, but nothing about AJ screams world class to me.

I know you probably watch all his TNA and the Japanese junk, but that's all big fish in a small pond stuff. Lots of guys can look good there. Now he's in the Atlantic Ocean, there are sharks everywhere. If he can stand up among them, my hats off to the guy. But he seems like a Neville level guy to me with slightly more charisma.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #9
CSL
Over Like Rover

Quote:
Its only been two shows, but nothing about AJ screams world class to me.

I know you probably watch all his TNA and the Japanese junk, but that's all big fish in a small pond stuff. Lots of guys can look good there. Now he's in the Atlantic Ocean, there are sharks everywhere. If he can stand up among them, my hats off to the guy. But he seems like a Neville level guy to me with slightly more charisma.
lol your commitment to slightly changing the wording of the same point repeatedly and adding absolutely nothing to it in every thread is almost commendable. I almost can't work out if that or the super pro WWE stuff is your gimmick here. We could have been beautiful The Cynick, WE COULD HAVE BEEN BEAUTIFUL
Old 01-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #10
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

Quote:
lol your commitment to slightly changing the wording of the same point repeatedly and adding absolutely nothing to it in every thread is almost commendable. I almost can't work out if that or the super pro WWE stuff is your gimmick here. We could have been beautiful The Cynick, WE COULD HAVE BEEN BEAUTIFUL
I don't run in crews. So it wouldn't have worked out.

No spin here. I am fairly ignorant when it comes to Styles. I'm generally skeptical about a guy who has only worked indies and Japan for as long as he has. Makes me think there are serious holes in his game. I have no skin in the game, I hope he's super successful. I just haven't seen anything that makes me sit back and say "WOW this guy is a going to be a star". I get he has a small following, but I don't think that in itself means he will get over to the level WWE wants him to.