TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 04-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Final Thoughts of Wrestlemania ( I rewatched a lot of it today )

I really think the length of this PPV made me not appreciate a few matches and a few other things. I read a lot of reviews and a lot of opinions. Here's what i think. These are in no particular order.

1) I thought the entire Randy Orton entrance was cool as shit! I thought the snake following him was very cool. I've read and listened to a lot of people shitting on the snake. I dont get it. I really liked it.

2) Goldberg vs Lesnar was perfect. The crowd was electric. That barricade bump was how barricade bumps should be. I've seen so many of them look soft and look like crap. I've heard a few podcasts assuming that a face wrestler has to step up and stake a claim to #1 contender. I guess we'll find out tonight, but Lesnar looked like he was in full on face turn last night. The crowd was going nuts for him. If that doesnt re-energize Lesnar, I dont know what would. And Goldberg only went little less than 5 minutes, but man he took way more bumbs than i ever thought he would. That was a classic WM match in my eyes. I loved it. I was really down on this whole story and it redeemed itself last night.

3) I thought Undertaker vs Reigns was not as bad as everyone acts like. And this goes back to me saying this PPV was so long, I think I had a different opinion of it because of fatigue. The only bad moment was the botched reverse Tombstone, but it was not that bad. It can easily be played off as a reverse of a reverse. And Reigns thought quick and salvaged with a superman punch. The other botch, i totally missed. The bounce off the ropes that seemed like they didnt know what eachother were doing i guess? It happened so fast, I didnt really think much of it. It really was not that bad.

I thought Taker didnt look his age as much as he was selling that the Undertaker character is done. The slowness of getting up. The being on his knees. All of it to me was Taker basically selling that this was it. Someone is finally putting Taker away for good. I think people are knocking him way to much for not being great in the match. I think those people are wrong. He was pretty good. A lot better than I thought he would be based on what I saw at Royal Rumble.

Reigns deserves a lot of credit and he wont get it. He worked a great match. He thought quick and didnt let small botches ruin things. He worked as a heel sooo good. He was heel from the moment he came from behind the curtains. He was heel from the moment he left. I hope they make this a full heel turn.

I thought this was a really solid Main Event honestly and i have to give both guys props. They told a great story. The crowd didnt sound to into it, but both guys put a solid match on.

4) I wonder if Mojo would have won the Battle Royal if he couldnt produce Gronk.

5) KO vs Jericho deserved better. Too good of a build-up to be the second match.

6) It's time for Shane and HHH to move on. This show is getting too long and they both had matches. They were good matches, but no more.

It dont matter who did what to who at this point. The fact is, we went to war. And now there aint no going back. It's what war is you know? Once you're in it, you're in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight!
RP is offline   Reply With Quote