TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2017, 03:01 AM   #1
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sheamus & Cesaro remind me of a 1995 All Japan tag team

When they first started teaming, I was a bit reluctant to accept them. I was optimistic, because I love Cesaro, and pairing him with a guy the company has a boner for was only going to be good for him. But it didn't seem to work right away. Cesaro is sometimes a bit awkward when he is trying to force out personality. Sheamus can be uninspiring at times. And there just didn't seem to be that chemistry there. They were two guys teaming. Two guys that don't quite elicit a strong emotion on their own, sadly enough.

But I've started to feel the vibe from these two recently. When it was announced they were going against Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins, I got about as theoretically enthused as I can about the modern product, haha. Mainly because it meant that Seth Rollins would be interacting with Cesaro. And because the WWE has a lot invested in at least three of those personalities. And given the style all four can work, I thought it would lend itself to being conducive to some hard-hitting, smash-mouth, modern day tag classics.

Okay, I might be stretching it a little bit. But I caught the tail end of that No Mercy tag. Now it seems like they are embroiled with The Shield, and Roman Reigns is a top priority. It seems logical to assume that they will be headlining TLC. There's a good feeling in that. Something about Sheamus and Cesaro now feels "legit" as a tag team. But they're also these bad-ass guys on their own. I feel like Cesaro could suddenly slip into a more comfortable role with the company if the rough edges of this tag team can suddenly feel much smoother.

I am down on a lot in wrestling, but Sheamus & Cesaro as a tag team is not one of those things. What are your thoughts on them as a team?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote