TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 01-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #161
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Revival asked for the next shot against the Authors of Pain. So, I think they go into it at a character-baby face team. They are still the same assholes but they are faces because they are respected and going against the AOP.

Not sure if they become 3-time champs or just lose making AOP looks like Gods before TOP GUYS OUT.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:20 PM   #162
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My thoughts:

* I like the presentation of these Takeover shows a lot more than the main roster shows. Everything flows and builds, whereas shit just kind of happens on the main roster. Everything feels a bit more personalized and intimate, even if they are in huge arenas.

* I fucking hate the SAnitY theme. I get what they are going for, but they could probably do better.

* Eric Young looks absolutely deranged. He plays his character well.

* Tye Dillinger looked great here. This is a perfect example of how you can make a babyface look good in defeat. I kind of feel that he needs a new finisher as a babyface though. Cracking the back of your opponent's neck against your exposed knee is kind of vicious.

* I thought Roderick Strong vs. Andrade Almas was boring. I felt like the crowd had zoned out for most of it too. They were "polite" to it, because NXT crowds are concerned with looking cool, and people probably weren't sure whether or not to shit on it. Strong's strikes look weak as fuck, for the most part. He did a nice backbreaker, but apart from that, this was indyriffic as fuck. It's like this dude has absorbed all the trends of the leg-slappers outside the WWE and taken everything that doesn't work on a big stage and made it his entire shtick. Almas was a good character heel here, but this fucking blew. I got excited when I thought it was going to be over, but then it just...kept...going...forever...and...a day. Fuck. I listened to The LAW and they called this Match of the Night. WTF?

* The Authors of Pain looked really fucking good against Gargano & Ciampa. I wasn't entirely sold on The Authors of Pain, but they did their part here and looked fantastic. I loved that this built off the story of the DIY/Revival classic. It's logical to keep The AOP undefeated, even if they are a bit underwhelming in the charisma department. Hopefully it means something when a team beats them. Hell, it could even be Gargano & Ciampa if they are serious about them as a tag team. Something about their act still feels "disconnected" though, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them split when they can't win the belts back.

* The Fatal 4-Way was "fun." It's nice to have a break from every match trying to be an epic. The character work of Peyton Royce and Billie Kay was fun. Asuka looks like a bad-ass wanting to fight everybody and Nikki is a fucking scrapper. I'd like to see a tournament to decide the next #1 Contender for the Women's Championship with Kay, Cross, Royce, Morgan, Berenato, Moon, Aliyah and I'm sure there is another girl on the roster there. The semi-finals are Royce vs. Cross and Moon vs. Kay, with Cross vs. Moon ending up as the finals. At this point, a Handicap Match between Nikki Cross and her pretty tormentors could even work as a Handicap Match at Takeover Mania as something a bit different. More likely that they do a women's tag somewhere though.

* The main event was good. I liked the story. Bobby Roode looks short with all those women. Am I being nit-picky? The leg injury built to an interesting finish that I'll remember. I imagine that Nakamura wants his rematch when his leg is better, but I'm not sure how many more times they can do the "Nakamura loses, wins it back" thing. I thought we were heading towards Nakamura vs. Ohno, but then who faces Roode?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote