TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2016, 09:57 PM   #1
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
TPWW's Official Dirty Sheets News Thread

TPWW's boss thought it was "best for TPWW business" for the dirtsheet news to be its own thread from now on instead of being part of the 100k Wrestling mega-thread.

If anyone finds anything interesting whether as being current sheet news, sheet stuff from the past, or even "WWE Did You Know" like facts, feel free to post them in here.

Now that's out of the way ...

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Becky Lynch gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
According to multiple sources close to the situation, Goldberg does not have a WWE deal right now. But everyone notes the history, that when the video game people reached deals with Brock Lesnar, Ultimate Warrior and Sting in recent years, all three ended up with the person in question later making a deal with WWE. The Goldberg deal took several years to put together, with the holdup on Vince McMahon’s side. McMahon and Goldberg did not leave on good terms in 2004 when Goldberg’s one-year contract with the promotion for $1 million and limited dates expired.
Quote:
Cody Rhodes has announced he will be working with Evolve on their 8/19 iPPV in Joppa, MD. Rhodes' non-compete with WWE ends that day. Interestingly, Evolve has been also working with WWE in recent months in building up competitors for the global cruiserweight classic tournament.
Tweet of Cody's announcement: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/statu...05745016721408

Quote:
WWE announced this morning that Andrade Cien Almas (the former La Sombra and Manny Andrade) will face the "Perfect 10" Tye Dillinger at this Wednesday's TakeOver event. After working NXT house shows for months, this likely means Almas will also debut to a national audience at the next television tapings. They are hoping he transitions into becoming a Hispanic star.
Tweet of William Regal's NXT announcement: https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/st...07374667587584

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 5/31 edition of Impact was down slightly, doing 346,000 viewers as opposed to last week's 359,000 viewers. It was the second highest initial audience for the series on Pop.
Quote:
Chris Harrington did some great work in noting the correlation between the wrestlers with the most matches in a given year, and significant injuries the next year. It makes sense because one key WWE guy, a few months back, was saying that they rely so much on Seth Rollins as far as the schedule and ring time is concerned, and he figured that the guy’s body was going to break down. Very shortly after, he suffered the ACL tear.

In 2014, Cesaro worked the most matches and the next year he suffered a torn rotator cuff that needed surgery. In his case, it’s not just that he works hard in the ring, but also lifts very heavy. Rollins was second. Jey Uso was sixth and needed shoulder surgery the next year. Goldust was seventh and also needed shoulder surgery the next year ...

In 2013, the guy who worked the most matches was Daniel Bryan, and he had the neck injury which put him out for much of 2014, before the concussion injury this year. Reigns, who was sixth, had the hernia, as did Ryback, who was seventh.

In 2012, the guy who worked the most matches was Sheamus, who ended up needing surgery for a torn labrum (shoulder) the next year. Kingston was fourth and had a shoulder injury.

These results may be a good indication, similar to the number of pitches that pitchers are throwing (which has changed in modern times), to monitor the amount of matches people work during a year. With Reigns and Ambrose both working so many dates in 2015 because of their value to the company, history would put them in the high-risk category for a major injury sometime this year, and they are two of the most valuable performers on the roster right now.
Quote:
The most likely reason that the move was made, was because the USA Network was not happy with the ratings of Smackdown. The hope was that Smackdown on USA would do close to the numbers of Raw, particularly when it opened strong at around 2.7 million viewers ... What shocked everyone is that ratings had fallen below what they were a year ago, even with the move to a much stronger station. While ratings weren’t down from last year as much as Raw, the expectation was that a Thursday night prime time show on USA would do better.

Key to this is that, even though WWE will be adding expenses by going live, USA is not paying more for the increase in costs. It’s the first sign, while hidden from the public, that USA is concerned that the approximately $127 million they pay WWE this year for Raw and Smackdown is not delivering at the level they would like ...
Recent sheet reports about USA Network starting to view the current tv contract as a possible bad investment on their end.
A recent rumor floating around the net teases at USA Network considering adding an extra hour to Smackdown at some point during the new Brand Split era.

Quote:
It was reform school or military school. I went to Fishburne Military School in Waynesboro, Virginia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Military school is expensive. My mom was still my guardian and she couldn’t afford it. So my dad was notified and he paid. [Playboy, 2001]

My dad was, in his words, able to “spring” for [Fishburne]. At 14, I had no reputation, so it was a new beginning, a great chance to start over and create a new reputation. [Cigar Aficionado, 1999]

Maybe I didn’t completely reinvent myself. I was the first cadet in the history of the school to be court-martialed. [Headliners & Legends With Matt Lauer, 2001]

I was lucky and a little crafty — I wasn’t caught for some stuff that would have meant immediate dismissal, like stealing the commandant’s car. Colonel Zinneker had an old, green, beat-up Buick, and he always left the keys in it. He also had a dog he was nuts about. I love animals, but one day I couldn’t resist giving that dog a laxative. I put the laxative in some hamburger and the dog did his business all over the commandant’s apartment, which thrilled me greatly.
Random Vince story from back in the day regarding his early life from a variety of sources.

Quote:
“It does get very frustrating. Communication gets very muddy, and I think a lot of guys feel a little trapped,” he said about working as an on-air talent in WWE. “Almost like they can’t defend themselves within the constructs of the company.

Maddox also indicated that former World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton is known to “threaten” other wrestlers backstage. “Randy would get angry at something in a match,” he explained, “and I remember a few instances when I was a referee, so I was in the Gorilla Position a lot of the time.

“A few times he would say things or threaten other guys, like right there in Gorilla, and I would be standing there with my eyes wide open, not believing that he is saying this in front of all the producers and in the same room with Vince. I was kind of amazed by that.”
From a recent interview Brad Maddox had on the Pancakes and Powerslams show about his time in the WWE: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pancake...ms-episode-218

Quote:
According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, John Cena has signed a “multi-million dollar” deal to become the new spokesperson for Hefty. You know, the garbage bag company.
Quote:
As noted before, there has been movement for an alliance with ROH, New Japan and CMLL. New Japan already has strong relations with CMLL. ROH and CMLL have been talking and while it’s not a done deal, they are working on a major CMLL star of the 7/16 show in Philadelphia. Colt Cabana will also have a rematch with Jay Lethal (or whoever the champion is at that point) on that show.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to a recent MLW podcast episode, Cody Rhodes is currently in talks to wrestle for a Japanese promotion with NJPW rumored as the likely candidate.
  • According to recent Observer speculation, the WWE might debut the brand new World belt for Smackdown in a similar way it was done for RAW in the sense of just handing it to someone.
  • Observer's Dave Meltzer revealed WWE's experiment in having Reigns carry house shows while Cena was out injured ended up resulting in around a 10% drop in overall revenues.
  • A recent graph by Sports Buisness Daily revealed the demographic breakdown between the WWE and other sports which pretty much confirmed the WWE's fanbase being less wealthy and educated compared to UFC and boxing. http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...7C42B14C9.ashx
  • AJ Lee revealed she recently finished working on her wrestling autobiography and is currently planned to be released by Spring 2017.
  • According to Taz, the WWE recently tried to negotiate with CBS to have his podcast show be shown on the WWE Network. Talks failed after both CBS and Taz refused to allow the WWE to edit or determine what could be on it. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102...-network-.html
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, some notable events in wrestling history today includes AJ Styles 39th birthday, 2nd anniversary of the Shield's breakup, and the 18th anniversary of the Junk Yard Dog's passing.
  • Besides the Vince story above, The Ringer recently had an article compiling a lot of Vince stories and quotes from Vince himself over the years. https://theringer.com/the-story-of-v...5ce#.7lumppf2a
  • Apparently NJPW IWGP champion Naito's antics of tossing the belt around as part of his heel gimmick managed to actually damage the belt recently. https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/738427622279942144
  • According to a recent Observer Radio show, this week's episode of RAW had the lowest ever key 18-34 male audience in the history of the show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23d...tu.be&t=15m19s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
La Albondiga Apestosa

That would actually make a cool luchador name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus View Post
You are:

Mister Terrific
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote