TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #21321
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sheamus vs Reigns is interesting to me.

In that I find it interesting how low the standards for a main event storyline in WWE has fallen.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #21322
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I actually like Sheamus quite a lot. I even liked face Sheamus. I'm a sucker for the "badass who can be kinda silly when he needs to be" type face. I actually thought he played the role well. Thought his title reign on Smackdown was quite good.

But my God, I could not give any less of a flying fuck about his character anymore. Awful.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #21323
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
You arent entertained?
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #21324
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #21325
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Old 12-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #21326
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
I actually like Sheamus quite a lot. I even liked face Sheamus. I'm a sucker for the "badass who can be kinda silly when he needs to be" type face. I actually thought he played the role well. Thought his title reign on Smackdown was quite good.

But my God, I could not give any less of a flying fuck about his character anymore. Awful.
I gotta agree with you here. Sheamus is one of my favorites, but these last couple weeks have literally been painful to watch. It shouldn't be possible to fuck up a character this bad but WWE found a way. Hell, this last week I was even a bit put off by New Day and Team B.A.D. which I didn't think would ever happen.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #21327
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Rusev's Beauty Shot:

Quote:
The idea of NXT replacing one hour of each RAW broadcast:

“If the thought would be to do it there that night, then you’re just doing a third hour. Then, it’s not NXT, then it’s not different and not a different feel and flavor. Is there a way to do that? Maybe. I think at the end of the day, three hours – no matter how you do it – is extremely difficult. I’ll be the first guy to admit that if I go to a movie and it’s longer than two hours, then I’m looking at my watch, no matter how good it is.”

If WWE will call NXT talents up to the main roster to help strengthen RAW & SmackDown:

“The thing that I hate doing is, ‘Well, there’s a lot of injuries right now, so we’re going to pull this guy up,’ but then the injured guys will come back and then we’re not sure what we’ll do – now we have too many guys for the space,” Hunter said.

“I hate taking a guy as talented as Finn Balor and saying, ‘You’re the band-aid to hold us over until all these other guys come back and then we’ll see from there.’ If we don’t have that gameplan for when we call these guys up, especially for a Finn Balor, then it’s not the right time. You need to have something in your mind, and hopefully a long-term plan in place that gets them to where you want them to be. At least that would be the goal for me when guys come up.”
Some highlights from the recent NXT conference call Triple H had.

Quote:
* Triple H said that after the holidays, they will be making some announcements that he feels the people will be very excited about. This year exceeded his expectations and he hopes 2016 will exceed them as well.

* When asked about moving Finn Balor to the main roster, Triple H said that Balor wanted to ground himself to NXT and it’s important to remember that he came from Japan so he still had many aspects he’s still learning. They do not want to rush anyone, and wants there to be a long term plan for them when they are brought up and not a quick fix for injured performers.

* When asked about NXT working with UK Independents, said he is wide open to finding talent wherever they are, whether it is talent who have been doing this for years or guys who find their way to WWE immediately. He wants the best talent in the world, and watches a lot of international video with William Regal. Next he says that the success of the independents are vital to them finding talent; having talents go out to Progress, ICW, Rev Pro, EVOLVE or New Japan to fain experience and time learning their craft is important. He’s open to working relationships with independent groups that do business the right way.
A few more highlights from the same Triple H conference from a different website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Cena’s TV series “American Grit” is right now scheduled to finish up filming in Washington on 12/16, which means he could return on the 12/21 Raw, although his first advertised date back is 12/26 in Madison Square Garden. Cena was doing media with NBC on 12/8, appearing on both “The Today Show” and “The Tonight Show,” to promote the movie “Sisters.” Cena is listed as the third lead behind stars Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, who play sisters who want to throw one last wild party in their house that their parents have just sold. Cena plays a muscled up drug dealer. The movie comes out on 12/18
Quote:
It's now confirmed that WWE Network pulled the recently added Stampede Wrestling episodes due to Bret Hart owning all footage that has him in it. As noted, Bret's parents gave the rights to his content to him before they passed. This has been known for years, so it appears there was a miscommunication somewhere.

I heard Bret actually found out about the Stampede uploads on Twitter. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Hart then called WWE's Mark Carrano, who claimed to Hart that WWE owned all Stampede footage after a deal was made with Bruce and Ross Hart. Bret then contacted Vince McMahon, who said he would look into the matter first thing this past Monday. Hart also contacted WWE attorney Scott Amann and said there would be an issue if the footage wasn't removed. Bret then sent a copy of the agreement between WWE and Ross Hart, which apparently says Bret owns the rights to all footage involving him.

Vince ordered that all Stampede footage be removed from the WWE Network until the situation is resolved. No word yet on when the episodes may be added back.
Update on the Bret Hart & WWE Network news regarding Stampede Wrestling footage.

Quote:
It was noted on a recent episode of MLW Radio that "Road Dogg" BG James is the one writing most of the creative for WWE SmackDown these days. This makes his recent social media responses to fan criticism pretty interesting.

On a related note, we told you about how Road Dogg recently told fans to try checking out Lucha Underground or Ring of Honor if they were so unhappy with the WWE product. He was responding to a fan that wrote, "ISIS didn't bomb WWE Survivor Series tonight. WWE Creative did." It was speculated that James' controversial tweet mentioning Lucha Underground and ROH could really get him into hot water with WWE higher-ups. It was said that if someone in WWE wanted to get James in trouble, all they would have to do is bring those tweets to the right people's attention, if they haven't been seen already.
Quote:
While the [New Japan G1 Tag League] tag team tournament in recent years hasn’t been that big of a deal, this year’s tournament saw more signs and the Jim Crockett Promotion pattern continues. Essentially, Jim Crockett Promotions was on fire in 1985 and 1986, at one point increasing annual attendance from 800,000 to 1.9 million in one year. They were loaded with standout performers, but for a number of reasons, going with a pat hand too long being one of them (they also had repetitive badly booked finishes and hot shotted angles, neither of which is an issue here), things went down in 1987 ... It’s very clear the excitement level of 2012 to 2014, when the company tripled business behind an incredible crew of performers, has waned, and attendance since the summer has noticeably declined.

The tournament finals in Sendai, drew 2,291 fans, by far the lowest attendance for a New Japan tag team tournament final in history. The biggest show of the tour, on 12/6 at the Aiichi Ken Gym in Nagoya, drew 5,500 fans, which was the company’s smallest crowd as far back as I can remember (and that would go back to the 70s) in that arena. Most of the shows were sellouts, but they also booked most shows in barely 1,000 seat buildings.

The company has not said anything about ticket sales for the Tokyo Dome, while the past three years by this point had talked about how sales were ahead of previous years.
Some possible concerns for NJPW heading into their biggest annual event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPW
00. New Japan Rumble
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs RPG Vice
02. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano, ??? & ??? vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
03. Special Singles Match: Michael Elgin vs Jay Lethal
04. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs KUSHIDA
05. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
06. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Tetsuya Naito
07. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata
08. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs AJ Styles
09. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Current card for Wrestle Kingdom 10.

Quote:
Raw on 12/7 did a 2.14 rating and 3,039,000 viewers (1.48 viewers per home), the new lowest rating mark since 1997, and the second lowest non-holiday audience of the modern era. It was still third for the night on cable television. The show did a 1.48 in Males 18-49 and 0.61 in Women 18-49, meaning in that demo there was a 70.8% male skew, which is higher than usual. The show did a 1.04 in 18-34, 1.04 in 35-49, and 1.19 in 50+. The strongest age group right now for the program is Males between the ages of 50 and 54.

Smackdown on 12/3 did a 1.49 rating and 2,044,000 viewers (1.46 viewers per home). With the exception of last week’s Thanksgiving show that shouldn’t count, it was the lowest viewership number for the show since 9/10 and third lowest for a first-run episode during the Syfy era.
Some expanded details regarding recent ratings for the WWE. Biggest being right now the WWE's strongest viewership group is old people.

Quote:
The Wednesday, December 9th edition of TNA Impact Wrestling that featured the quarterfinals of the TNA title tournament saw the ratings rise from recent weeks with 269,000 viewers tuning in for the 9 p.m. show and 68,000 tuning in for the midnight show for a grand total of 337,000 viewers.

That 9 p.m number was up from usual but the midnight number fell right in line with the norm.

Given that the entire tournament of taped matches is now complete (the previously taped semifinals and finals are being scrapped and redone) the last few weeks on Destination America will be time fills of two hours with old taped matches before the company's January 5th live show launch on Pop TV.
The final matches in the tournament will be part of the live show debut for POP TV.

Quote:
For the second week in a row, no WWE talent appeared this week on SportsCenter. Last week Jonathan Coachman wrote that it was just a week off because he was out of Bristol. This week neither he nor WWE said anything, although Coachman is covering the UFC shows in Las Vegas this week but the coverage wasn’t starting that early in the week. However, WWE talent is booked on SportsCenter on 12/15 so the series is not done nor considered on hiatus
Starting to confirm rumors that the WWE-ESPN deal really is just paid advertisements on a week-to-week basis.

Quote:
Jimmy Snuka’s trial on charges of third degree murder and involuntary manslaughter has been set for 3/22. The Judge at the hearing admonished Louise Argentino-Upham, the sister of Nancy Argentino, to stop posting links to stories about the case on Facebook because it was in violation of the gag order, and threatened the prosecution with sanctions if she doesn’t stop.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Stardust ended up being sent to the hospital after getting hurt during his match against Swagger on RAW. WWE was worried about possible bone fractures but tests came back negative.
  • According to reports, NBC has been somewhat successful in getting advertisers to reconsider their stance against wrestling. Biggest one being Coca Cola sponsoring this year's WWE Slammy Awards show.
  • NJPW revealed the English broadcast for Wrestle Kingdom 10 will be a three man team with an unannounced person to join Matt Striker and Kevin Kelly in the booth. Supposedly GFW wanted to be the US distributor again for the ppv but NJPW wasn't interested. ROH also made a bid to help distribute the show but also got rejected.
  • According to reports, Rey Mysterio might need to take another break from wrestling due to another possible knee injury.
  • Dynamite Kid currently dealing with serious health issues from a stroke and other health problems the past 6 weeks.
  • DDP revealed AJ Styles is using DDP's Yoga workout program to help deal with injury and health issues. https://twitter.com/RealDDP/status/675031236604207109

Some TPWW news:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:13 PM   #21328
Ermaximus
It's High Noon!

Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ermaximus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ermaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:41 AM   #21329
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong

Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Mahabali Shera is fucking garbage. Who thinks that's a good idea?
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #21330
Hanso Amore
You can't teach that

Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Swagger is a wrecking ball injuring again
Hanso Amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #21331
Nicky Fives
b/c 5 is better than 4

Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nicky Fives got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla View Post
Mahabali Shera is fucking garbage. Who thinks that's a good idea?
It made sense pushing him to the moon going into a taping in India and they could hide his inexperience in short matches versus essential jobbers in the World Title Series, but now that it is cancelled, he is far from ready for a main event spot, he can hardly speak English.....
Nicky Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #21332
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #21333
VSG
Hazardous to Your Health

VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I swear I will never understand how Layla and Ricky Ortiz got together/married.
VSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #21334
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Noelle Foley and Frank the Clown are dating
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #21335
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Old 12-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #21336
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:

That's cool. See you in the TLC thread.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #21337
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Until I post about all the inconvenient truths you like to avoid about the booking and you can't even think of a good bullshit excuse and have to just ignore it with the hope that you won't get called out on it. It's the CyNick way.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #21338
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Old 12-11-2015, 11:26 PM   #21339
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Wrestling's Instant Regrets:

Quote:
John Cena is currently scheduled to be off of WWE Live events following the WWE Royal Rumble PPV. Cena is currently scheduled for the PPV, and will then be off of live events until the tour of Germany, which starts on February 10th.
Looks like Cena might be going in an Orton route for his post-vacation return. Orton managed to get his deal tweaked so he barely wrestles on house shows to get as much time off as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Brock Lesnar will challenge WWE United States champion Alberto Del Rio at his next scheduled WWE appearance on 12/19 at a WWE event at the Forum in Inglewood, CA. It will be the first time the two have ever wrestled.

Also announced for that event:

*WWE World Heavyweight champion Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose.

*Also appearing are The Wyatt Family, Kane, The Dudley Boyz, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and more.
Quote:
Sting also mentioned the injury was not affecting his day-to-day life, having just returned from a tour in Europe, and when Flair asked him if he had at least one more match left in him, Sting replied “Absolutely.”
Update on the recent interview Sting had on Ric Flair's podcast. If a final match happens, likely won't be at next year's Mania due to the recovery time needed.

Quote:
According to a report by the Texas Tribune released Friday, Texas will cough up $2.7 million from public coffers to bring a the Super Bowl of professional wrestling (mania 32) to the state.
Could be higher since a final amount is still being worked on but should easily be able to cover it based on past host cities revenues made from the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingDVDNetwork
Today, WrestlingDVDNetwork.com can exclusively reveal the name that WWE has planned for the 2016 Home Video release on the Dudley Boyz and its first confirmed release date!

First up, “Straight Outta Dudleyville: The Legacy of the Dudley Boyz” will be the title of the new DVD set, according to what we’re seeing on official schedules as of this month.

The first release date scheduled is Monday, April 11th, 2016 when the collection will hit stores in the United Kingdom, so expect the release date to the United States to fall in the same month.

It’s coming on both DVD and Blu-ray formats worldwide.
Quote:
Sunday is almost NXT in Blackpool, England.

Raw will be Monday night in Philadelphia while NXT runs Monday night in Nottingham, England.

Smackdown will be taped Tuesday night in Newark, NJ while NXT runs Tueday night in Cardiff, Wale.
Quote:
Someone asked Joey Styles on Twitter why it was taking so long to get new TV episodes online, and he noted: "Because ECW illegally used music we had no rights to, it takes a looooong time to edit the episodes."

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Update to Bryan thinking his WWE career is over news as the WWE supposedly gave him an offer to be a trainer at NXT although he likely will refuse. Mainly due to him thinking he won't be as good of a teacher for NXT. Same for being a possible future announcer since he thinks he wouldn't be great either.
  • WWE announced the Network will be launching in Japan on January 5th, 2016. https://twitter.com/WWEJapan/status/675209000514936832 . Before anyone tries to spin that into something really positive, WWE's fanbase in Japan is very tiny and paid services like Netflix have struggled to gain a good foothold in Japan.
  • For those in the UK, BBC recently released a documentary about Prince Devitt/Finn Balor pre-WWE career in Japan: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s3/smack-em-up
  • For everyone else, someone uploaded the same documentary on Daily Motion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lioia
  • Stardust recently hinted on Twitter that either a film or documentary based on Dusty Rhodes is currently in the process of being made. Tentatively called "The Last Cowboy" with a planned 2017 release date. https://twitter.com/StardustWWE/stat...10617885310976

Last edited by Emperor Smeat; 12-12-2015 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Mixed up the UK show times since I was thinking in US time.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:30 AM   #21340
Mercenary
New Arcade God

Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
That's cool. See you in the TLC thread.
No you won't....Cause I'll be there live! Oh you ment that other guy
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:36 AM   #21341
Mercenary
New Arcade God

Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Old 12-12-2015, 04:47 AM   #21342
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
"Listen up, maggots! Big E 'bout to teach you the pecking order!"
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #21343
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
In terms of UK audiences, WWE is going to end up competing against themselves because of the NXT tour next week.
How so?

The NXT shows will be finished before the 1am start time of TLC and Raw. And SmackDown doesn't go out live on Tuesday.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #21344
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
We have the same phone.
Volare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #21345
Mercenary
New Arcade God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volare View Post
We have the same phone.
I'm not looking at the phone
Old 12-12-2015, 04:59 PM   #21346
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Old 12-12-2015, 05:00 PM   #21347
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
I'm not looking at the phone
What are you looking at then?
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:01 PM   #21348
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's the empty coat hangers, isn't it?

Bet she's lonely.
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #21349
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Sailor Sasha
Old 12-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #21350
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
She should come to the ring in that.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #21351
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:

Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:40 AM   #21352
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Based on a recent interview Daniel Bryan had with The Straits Times, the WWE is considering some sort of compromise soon for Bryan's WWE career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
On a possible in-ring return: “Because of my history with concussions, the WWE medical doctor wouldn’t clear me. We’re in the process of trying to figure out some compromise. They keep sending me to do more tests, brain MRIs, brain EGs and all my tests have come back great to the point where my brain is better than someone my age with no concussion.”

On his successful career: “I’ve worked harder than a lot of people but a lot of people who’ve worked harder than me haven’t had the success that I’ve had. At the end of the day, I’ll just boil it down to luck and being at the right place at the right time.”

On still hoping to face Brock Lesnar: “I think it’ll be a really interesting match-up in terms of styles. It’s the ultimate David and Goliath match. That’ll be really fun.”
For a long time the WWE has been completely against Bryan ever wrestling in a WWE ring again even with how bad the current injury crisis has been for the company. Bryan refused a few non-wrestling positions since he knows it would be the end of his in-ring career and has been openly talking about a possible departure from the WWE to continue his career.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:25 AM   #21353
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

There's something weird about this whole situation...
Old 12-13-2015, 01:37 AM   #21354
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Well, we all know that for the longest, WWE had no plans on making Bryan a star at WM30, but fans kept demanding it. He goes and beats Triple H, wins the title in the main event, gets injured, vacates the title, returns, wins the IC title @ WM 31, gets injured, vacates the IC title and hasn't been heard from in give or take half a year.

I believe Bryan didn't want a non-wrestling on-screen personality role. There's very little if anything that woulf suit him. I think it all boils down to Vince being stubborn and trusting his own company's doctors over Bryan's own. I hate everything about the situation, but right now it serms there's more chance of New Day showing up on RAW with an actual unicorn than there is of WWE ever letting Bryan compete for them again.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:44 AM   #21355
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

CONSPIRACY THEORY: They don't want to bring Daniel Bryan back because he would take away from them trying to get Roman Reigns over via everyone cheering for Bryan instead.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:02 AM   #21356
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post

Sailor Sasha
BOSS PRISM POWER!

MAKE UP!
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:20 AM   #21357
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
It's definitely one of the stranger scenarios that's played out in WWE.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:24 AM   #21358
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Im 75% sure Daniel Bryan will be in the Rumble next month and all of these stories are just cover to keep it a surprise.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:51 AM   #21359
Droford

The Nigga Taker gimmick coukd have been something if the show wasnt canceled

Plus How hell did Shane Douglas get involved in that..
Old 12-13-2015, 02:51 AM   #21360
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
Im 75% sure Daniel Bryan will be in the Rumble next month and all of these stories are just cover to keep it a surprise.
That would be quite the surprise.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote