TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 03-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #41
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Another good article by LA Weekly

*Warning* Does contain a few spoilers if you're not totally up to date.

Quote:
The Masks, Monsters and Mythos of Lucha Underground, TV's Best Wrestling Drama

Pentagon Jr. is the most evocative character on Lucha Underground's roster — and possibly any other.

Ask weary WWE viewers to identify why the professional wrestling titan’s creative direction has gone so stagnant and you’ll hear one answer time and again: lack of competition. It’s no coincidence that the company’s late-’90s heyday ran concurrent with the rise of Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling, which at one point bested Vince McMahon’s flagship Monday Night Raw in the Nielsen ratings for 84 consecutive weeks. Its back against the wall, the then-WWF had no choice but to take risks and innovate. Since buying out his bitter rival in 2001, however, McMahon has been able to sail smoothly as the undisputed champion of “sports entertainment” — a forced attempt at branding never uttered out loud by anyone who isn’t contractually bound to use it.

Even taken collectively, the few other companies that actually have television deals — TNA, New Japan Pro Wrestling, Ring of Honor — don’t come close to providing WCW's level of competition. But they do offer an alternative, the most compelling of which is Lucha Underground. An upstart airing Wednesday nights on Robert Rodriguez’s burgeoning El Rey Network, the show is akin to a Mortal Kombat telenovela: Much of the drama unfolds via cinematic vignettes featuring subtitled Spanish dialogue, and supernatural powers abound. The writers even “kill off” some grapplers for good, exits that usually come at the hands (or teeth) of a monster named Matanza, whom we recently got our first real glimpse of after more than a season’s worth of sporadic offscreen deaths.

Some of this creative freedom has to do with the fact that Lucha Underground isn’t, strictly speaking, in the wrestling business. It doesn’t tour or put on live shows — though it did just host a one-off event at South by Southwest — and, in contrast to Raw’s never-ending weekly grind, its series is divided into seasons. Like WWE, the show revolves around jacked dudes settling their differences with choreographed grappling, but Lucha Underground offers an even more heightened reality. The ever-important backstage segments aren’t presented as interviewers asking athletes questions about their performance but as behind-the-scenes glimpses that look more like something we’d see on an AMC drama than a sports broadcast.

There's also the fact that everyone on the roster appears in other companies, often under different names: Prince Puma is known elsewhere as Ricochet, Johnny Mundo is the former John Morrison. Twenty of these men and women will compete in this week’s Aztec Warfare match, a free-for-all that should provide as comprehensive an entrée for the curious as any episode yet.

The array of characters set to be featured is as diverse as it is over the top. King Cuerno walks to the ring wearing a taxidermied deer headdress like a crown. Aerostar is a mystical time traveler on a mission from the future (or past?). Mil Muertes, in accordance with the literal translation of his name, has died a thousand deaths. Joey Ryan is the embodiment of sleaze, as well as an undercover detective in a police-procedural subplot involving a wrestler who got killed off last season. Drago is a dead dragon who’s come back to life in human form. Famous B is … a used-car salesman.

Many of these competitors are sourced from Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA), one of Mexico’s two largest promoters, but others are WWE defectors. Mundo is one of these, as is PJ Black. One of the roster’s latest additions, the South African competed under the name Justin Gabriel for several years before asking for his release in early 2015. Black, a high-flyer whose real-life affinity for skydiving and other extreme sports informs his onscreen persona, mostly toiled in WWE’s undercard and was rarely featured prominently. As soon as he arrived in the Temple, however, the self-described "darewolf" (read: daredevil + werewolf) immediately seemed like a bigger deal than he ever had in McMahon's flagship. (This, despite — or, more likely, because of — the fact that there’s a chance Black will at some point be revealed as an actual werewolf.)

But no one embodies the best of Lucha Underground like Pentagon Jr., easily the most evocative character on the roster — and possibly any other. With Día de los Muertos–inspired facepaint under a black-and-white mask, arms covered in tattoos and an instantly recognizable catchphrase/hand-gesture combo (“Cero miedo,” or “zero fear”), he made a name for himself throughout the first season by breaking people’s arms as a blood sacrifice to his unseen Master. (The reveal of said mentor, in the Ultima Lucha season finale, so far stands as the series' highlight.) You might think this would make him a villain — or heel, in wrestling parlance — but, by virtue of how fully he commits to his persona, Pentagon has emerged as the show’s most transcendent star.

He’s also a great reminder that, by not only embracing but amplifying the ridiculousness inherent in pro wrestling, Lucha Underground outshines WWE in terms of pure audacity. Its mythos is quite possibly the silliest of its ilk — no small feat, when you remember that the Undertaker is an undead mortician who can control lightning — but it’s also presented with the utmost seriousness. There isn't a trace of self-reflexive irony to the show’s allusions to Aztec gold or the monster residing below the Temple in Boyle Heights, where this bloodsport takes place. The in-ring action is high-paced and consistently excellent, but there’d be little reason to get invested in these contests were the pageantry they’re rooted in not so pulpy and fully realized.

As fantastical as it can be, Lucha Underground is also the most with-the-times show of its kind, its female characters displaying more agency than most “Divas” in WWE are ever allowed. The recently dethroned champion, Mil Muertes, is shown to be in the thrall of Catrina, a femme fatale who pulls the backstage strings and has been known to teleport; his brawn is beyond question, but hers is the brain guiding it to success. Another ongoing storyline involves the forced captivity and eventual escape of a luchadora named Sexy Star; before her Buffalo Bill–like captor’s most recent match, the crowd chanted “No means no!” at him — quite possibly the most progressive thing a group of wrestling fans has ever shouted in unison.

She and several other women are presented as serious competitors on par with their male counterparts, as when, during January’s season-two debut, Ivelisse beat two men for the right to face Mil Muertes in a championship bout later that night. The main-event match didn’t end well for her — despite having the crowd firmly in her corner, she lost decisively to her behemoth of a foe and had to be saved from his and Catrina’s antics by Prince Puma — but small victories are small victories. (Pentagon snuck up on Mil after it was all over and broke his arm, as is his wont.)

Though its ratings have been fluctuating, rumors of Lucha Underground’s demise have temporarily ceased with the recent announcement of a third season. Even so, its back remains against the wall in a way that WWE’s hasn’t been in more than 15 years — a threat that inspires ever more derring-do, both inside the ring and out.
Jari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #42
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They really need a better channel. Guaranteed could draw in more fans than TNA if they were on a decent channel. Watched season of one in spanish but they took their Spanish broadcast away this season. Hope they release their seasons on DVD eventually.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #43
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
From the tiny bit I've seen, it looks like they accomplished what WWE failed at doing, providing a perfect blend of "realism" and "fantasy".
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #44
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Jari has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
They really need a better channel. Guaranteed could draw in more fans than TNA if they were on a decent channel. Watched season of one in spanish but they took their Spanish broadcast away this season. Hope they release their seasons on DVD eventually.
If it's true, as reported on Wrestling Observer, that they have reached a deal with Netflix then that right there will be the Holy Grail for them as far as reaching an audience that can see them be considered a viable alternative for the masses. I think the current deal they have with iTunes is a good idea and the one thing you don't want is for them to get PG'ed and networked to fuck.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:33 PM   #45
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
From the tiny bit I've seen, it looks like they accomplished what WWE failed at doing, providing a perfect blend of "realism" and "fantasy".
This is it and what's great is just how simple it actually is.

Fuck Mil Muertes is a more ominous figure than Braun Strowman and all he has done for most of this season is sit on a throne.

People buy into the sci-fi, over the top mythical stuff cause they're not trying to insult your intelligence like TNA or WWE does. We know that this all a TV show, not reality and as long as they treat it as such, then great. It's not like TNA showing us James Storm try to murder Mickie James or WWE trying to convince us that we're in the reality era but at the same time Bray Wyatt can now command fire and lightening cause his goons beat up Taker and Kane one time.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #46
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I find that sort of shit much more annoying when they try to pose the whole show as "reality". Don't get me wrong, I like "reality wrestling" where it's treated like a straight legitimate sport, wouldn't mind if WWE went more toward UFC with better promos, but Lucha Underground appears to be doing something different, starting from the premise that this is a drama with bigger-than-life characters competing in an underground fight club.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #47
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Red face

There's a time travelling dude who has a mission from the future and for some reason, you just buy it. It's great.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #48
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hasney View Post
There's a time travelling dude who has a mission from the future and for some reason, you just buy it. It's great.
I'm fucking down. Been ignoring wrasslin for a fucking while now.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #49
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Rey Misterio was awesome in Aztec Warfare 2. Loved that match.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:07 PM   #50
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
I find that sort of shit much more annoying when they try to pose the whole show as "reality". Don't get me wrong, I like "reality wrestling" where it's treated like a straight legitimate sport, wouldn't mind if WWE went more toward UFC with better promos, but Lucha Underground appears to be doing something different, starting from the premise that this is a drama with bigger-than-life characters competing in an underground fight club.
As I say I find it far more insulting to be told that getting hit in the head by a 250lb guy with a sledgehammer won't kill you than I do this idea that Prince Puma is a descendant of one of the great Aztec tribes or that Catrina is some kind of demon because they're not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes with what they are.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #51
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
Rey Misterio was awesome in Aztec Warfare 2. Loved that match.
Honestly thought everyone looked good. My only disappointment was that Pentagon Jr wasn't in the match but I trust that they had their reasons and later in the season hopefully he can be the one to slay Matanza.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #52
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That makes perfect sense.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #53
Blonde Moment
It's all Bullshit

Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What makes it work is the consistency of the characters. When Dario Cueto returned with his brother I didn't roll my eyes, i wondered what was going to happen next because I knew that something would come of this in the episodes to come.
Blonde Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:24 PM   #54
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Laughing

I love how Dario as a face lasted all of 5 seconds, but that pop.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:04 PM   #55
Rollermacka
Gets Hardcore in the gym

Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I really like Matanza. I don't think he could really pull off being a monster for any other company.... but I think he was great.
Rollermacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #56
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I a lot about this show

Looking foward to the clash between Pentegon Jr. and 1000 DEATHS

Mundo

Joey Ryan is great

Dario where is the bull?

really,really, fun show
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #57
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Have these guys got on Netflix? That will be a HUGE deal for them.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #58
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Have these guys got on Netflix? That will be a HUGE deal for them.
Lots of rumours this month about them being close to a deal with Netflix, so we can only hope.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #59
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Good on them, if they can pull it off. I was listening to Alex Greenfield's podcast and one of the ex-writers he has on mentioned that the show costs a lot of money compared to your usual wrestling show, but compared to scripted drama or even reality programming, it's quite cheap. Ratings have been low, but they could very easily find more penetration on Netflix -- even if they work out some sort of deal where Netflix are a season behind while El Rey and iTunes get the fresh stuff episode at a time.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:13 AM   #60
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Red face

I just hope they make it worldwide if if does happen. I would rather buy then on iTunes than torrent them right now, but it seems to be US only.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #61
Mr. Nerfect

Fucking hell, open that shit up.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #62
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
There have been recent reports that Lucha Underground may be signing a deal with Netflix. However, I have been told by sources that Lucha Underground is close to finalizing a deal with Hulu. The deal would be for two seasons with an option for a third season if the current deal stays intact. Both season one and two are also currently available on iTunes as well.
http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016...top-streaming/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #63
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Thumbs up

Joey Ryan and Sisqo are becoming my favourite characters. The undercover cop angle is hilarious and Joey Ryan is funny as fuck anyway.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #64
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Post by Vampiro

Quote:
Quick note to all the haters and dirt sheets who think you are in the know about @LuchaElRey , you jealous motherf***ers never got it when you had your shots, that's why your not here ! And that burns you, so, you try to fool everyone that you have the scoops, man, it's 2016, lol, and you all are still playing infantile head games , doing anything possible to hang on to a little bit of light you never even really had.

I don't need to name names, that's not my style, but man, do you people not have a life?

Lol

To the fans who support us, we love you big time,

To the people who don't like our product, we do listen to your comments and try to improve on things , and hopefully we can convince you To be a believer... If it doesn't work, hey , it's all good , and thanks for your feed back !

To the haters/legit people who are burned and pissed cause they are not here ...

Did you ever stop and think, your not here for a reason?

Either you f***ed up your career somewhere some how,?Maybe you think your more important than you actually are?

Maybe you had a chance and f***ed that up?

Maybe all the here employees are wrong and your right?

The dirt sheets who think there analytical opinion is the bible?

Lol wtf!!!!

My humble opinion is this

The LUCHA underground family/crew are extremely professional, and astonishingly talented.

Full of passion, and completely dedicated.

?There is not one ego outta place

I myself consider it a joy, and a blessing, and A privilege to be part of this project.

All the people who attack us, attack certain individuals and/ in the organization , claim to have inside information, there are two things I need to say to you, and I hope the fans and haters who read this understand that I only have an opinion and that's all this is I am not speaking on anyone's behalf, I am only killing time here at a traffic light so I decided to kind of stick up for my company.

The first thing is to the fans good and bad, thank you for everything, I will say it again of course the love means everything to us, but even the negative comments help us think outside the box, so thank you for that.?To all the people who think they belong, or could do a better job, or have so much to say about how bad our product is, I say this to you

Life is too short for me or anyone else in our company to waste one second of our day thinking about your stupidity and your bitterness.

I personally do feel bad for you because each and everyone of you Are not only messed up , Bitter, angry and insecure, but it makes me wonder what kind of people you really are in person, your character for example ....because weather it's individuals, or in a group, it kind of astounds me The amount of time you take to knock us, when in your heart of hearts, you would sell your soul to the devil to be a part of this promotion!

There isn't a Wrestler alive today Who would not want to be part of the hottest wrestling promotion in the world, be on television, and be in front of the most passionate fans in the world.

So to finish this because I need to get going, I say to all you bitter motherf***ers .....

I wish you all the best of luck, and I do hope you find happiness, even the people who write the dirt sheets and speak bad about us, if journalism is your passion, it would be awesome if you got a break someday, become somebody famous for writing a book or a screenplay, but you have proven Time and time again that you just don't get it, and if any of you did, well, you would be part of the show wouldn't you?

?Thank you family for reading this, thank you Lucha underground for everything, everybody have a great day, be safe enjoy life, and to the haters go eat a bowl of Dicks!

Lol
Hmm fucked up his career, thinks he's a bigger deal than he really is, bitter, angry & insecure.

Wonder who he could possibly be talking about…
Old 04-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #65
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:51 AM   #66
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari View Post
Life is too short for me or anyone else in our company to waste one second of our day thinking about your stupidity and your bitterness.
I do laugh though when people post up retorts with this kind of line included.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #67
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's justified though he was just killing time not wasting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampiro
I am only killing time here at a traffic light so I decided to kind of stick up for my company.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #68
Jari
I said 'Good Day'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
It's justified though he was just killing time not wasting it.
Must have been one hell of a long traffic light.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:28 AM   #69
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Thumbs up

My face during the No Mas match:

Good fucking god that was brutal and told a great story in the ring. I can't believe this show keeps getting better..
Old 05-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #70
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lucha masks look so silly when there's a hole for the nose.

Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #71
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm almost current at this point. I'm maybe 2 or 3 weeks behind. Can't wait for Ultima Lucha Dos. I really wish they could get one big block of time instead of stretching it over 3 weeks. The anticipation is going to suck badly.
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #72
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Still digging LU. Anyone know when season 3 starts?
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:16 PM   #73
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've heard October. Not official.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #74
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

SEPTEMBER 7TH IS THE OFFICIAL DATE
Old 08-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #75
Rollermacka
Gets Hardcore in the gym

Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rollermacka has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Anybody remember when the guy came in and warned Dario "he's coming" and they showed some shadowy figure in a limo who is "more powerful than Matanza".... did they ever follow up on that?
Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #76
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollermacka View Post
Anybody remember when the guy came in and warned Dario "he's coming" and they showed some shadowy figure in a limo who is "more powerful than Matanza".... did they ever follow up on that?
Think the reveal will be around the start of Season 3. Whenever Dario gets sprung from prison it will likely be by their hand.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #77
Rollermacka
Gets Hardcore in the gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
Think the reveal will be around the start of Season 3. Whenever Dario gets sprung from prison it will likely be by their hand.
I kinda figured his brother would just bust into the police station Terminator style and just eat people till he gets to his brother....