View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:20 PM   #54
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
I wonder if this will positively impact the writing/direciton.
It's interesting. Being on network means that there is going to, obviously, be that larger audience for them, which should make it more of a priority. SmackDown being on a network television helped them appeal to Hispanic viewers when they had Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio.

How much have certain stars been crucial in the negotiations? The rumors were that Ronda Rousey was being touted as a huge star for them, but if she is going to play a role on SmackDown, then she's obviously got to be on that show.

It being on a Friday makes me think that they're going for kids, older crowds -- which is never good from the WWE, haha. What's this going to do the WWE schedule? Are they just going to do shows on Friday and Tuesday because a house show date, or are they going to try and do Monday, Tuesday and Friday with a third brand being added or something? I guess they're under no obligation to leave 205 Live on Tuesdays, and there's no guarantee it will even be going come 2019.

This could mean the end to the brand split, or it could mean renewed focus on them as "unique" television presentations. It's got my interest piqued. Something about a FOX/WWE deal seems...right. Maybe it's because I associate FOX with low-brow entertainment, haha. But this is great for their visibility -- if people want to watch.

I don't think it's all sunshine and roses for them, however, because it also creates added pressure on them to deliver. At the end of those five years, it will be interesting to see where both are. It's possible that they will also develop more content for Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, etc. It wouldn't surprise me to see Main Event, 205 Live and NXT end up shuffled somewhere in there, or FOX to get an occasional special in order to pad out their line-up, drive up interest, etc.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote