Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #729
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Not too many unexpected moves with the Giants cuts. Probably the biggest surprise is that Kerry Wynn made the team as an undrafted DE, and they kept 10 DL when most figured they'd keep 10. Can't say I really understand what they see in Markus Kuhn though, if they wanted to keep a 5th DT I would have preferred Kelcy Quarles who may not make it through to the practice squad.

I guess it makes sense though. The assumption was that the Giants would take some combination of 11 DBs, they wound up going with 10. They do have 5 genuinely good cornerbacks and will probably be able to stash Bennett Jackson, Thomas Gordon, and/or Chandler Fenner onto the practice squad so they should at least have some backup for when the inevitable injuries happen.

They also kept 10 OL which seems a bit excessive but then again a lot of them are banged and Geoff Schwartz is probably going on the short-term IR on Tuesday.

Wouldn't be too surprised if 2-3 players on the Giants' official opening night roster are guys who were just cut from elsewhere. Especially at TE. When Daniel Fells wins your starting TE job after being out of football last year, you know there's a problem.