View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 12:31 AM   #22
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maluco View Post
Two side of the same coin. Both absolutely convinced that they are misunderstood geniuses, when the reality is that they don't really understand what fans want to see.

The hatred comes from the fact they are so similar, even though they have polar ideas. Same attitude, same approach and same documented failures. The fact that neither is a prominent figure in the business, or have been for many years, is all the evidence that's needed tbh.

Both are so creative, but also too arrogant to learn and adapt and listen to others. Two sides of the same coin.
I disagree. I think Heyman and Cornette are the opposite of the same coin. Lance Storm recently described them as such too. Russo doesn't really have anyone that he is compared to. I'd maybe suggest Bischoff, in the sense that they both had a "go, go, go" and television-based approach.

But yeah, I don't really see how they are similar, even from the outside, haha. Russo hates women and wrestling fans, whereas Cornette hates conservatives and people who book badly. I don't really know how you compare their failures either. Maybe Cornette with ROH is similar to Russo in TNA, but he didn't exactly cost them a deal with Spike TV -- his television just wasn't well-received by fans. He actually helped negotiate the Sinclair purchase, which was either the worst thing to happen to ROH or the only reason it is still around.

I'd compare SMW with ECW in terms of their time period, scope, and being a notable territory in the 90's that introduced a lot of new talent to the world. Cornette and Heyman both also had pretty good runs in OVW. Russo tanked everywhere else he went.

Cornette and Heyman are both also great managers and mouthpieces, and instrumental orators in wrestling. Russo made himself the World Champion.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote