View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #1578
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Rasslin Nut Punch Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
There is a funny story about Tuesday's WWE Smackdown tapings in Lexington. It is the first time in six years that WWE has done a television taping from the city. While they did run house shows, they wouldn't do a taping or a PPV because the Kentucky commission had a rule that pro wrestling matches had to be stopped if there was bleeding, and WWE didn't want to run TV with the chance a match could be stopped over their heads. A lobbying effort led to the repeal of that rule and now they are back doing TV in the state. What makes this story funny is it's written that blood is a huge part of WWE, when it hasn't been for years, and that 99.99 percent of the time there is blood, it's theatrics, when actually, unless it's Vince McMahon or Brock Lesnar, and both of them would deny that's the case for them as well, blood is always accidental and theatrical blading has been banned in WWE for years. They acted like this would bring tons of tourism money for hotels, restaurants and shopping into town, which may be the case to a degree for a minor PPV and more for a major one, but hardly for Smackdown tapings that have been struggling to draw for the last several months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On this week’s episode of ‘Dinner With The King,’ co-hosts Jerry “The King” Lawler and Glenn Moore talk in-depthy about numerous topics surrounding professional wrestling.

Here are some highlights transcribed:

Undertaker backstage at Survivor Series, and if he will return to ring:

"I think he might have looked too good. I think when you get when you hang around or you show up and you look that good, they in the WWE, they're ready for you to come back. You know, closer to the time after WrestleMania and I think I said that I believe we've seen the last of Undertaker in the ring. Now, I’m going to I'm going to go back on my word. Just looking at him the other night, I think there's some more matches left in the Undertaker.

So there's a TV and monitor to watch the show. There were three seats. Three chairs in front of the monitor and I was sitting in the one on the left hand side and in the middle now, to my right, sitting next to me, was Undertaker. And to his right sitting next to him was Kane.

We were all just sitting here watching the show talking about old times and stuff, and all of a sudden, the door happened to be open. All of a sudden, we saw John Cena. He went past the door and glanced in, and then he just went past. Suddenly we saw him backing up, he just backed up, and he looked in at the three of us sitting there - and he said, ‘that's pretty cool.’ And he just walked on."
More highlights and link to the episode: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...-ring.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Dustin Rhodes tweeted the following indicating he may go old-school for tomorrow night's Starrcade:

Packing for #Starrcade ........ , I hope one half of #TheRevival is ready . @Gbocoliseum @WWE #Red . Well they call him........??????
— Dustin Rhodes (@Goldust) November 24, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/9 WrestlePro event in Rahway, NJ, which features Impact Wrestling content being taped for future inclusion for that series, features the following announced lineup:

*Impact Wrestling champion Eli Drake vs. Alberto el Patron.

*Colt Cabana vs. CPA.

*WrestlePro Silver champion Dan Maff vs. Anthony Bowens.

*Maria Bokara vs. Bobby Wayward.

*Sienna vs. Kasey Catal.

*LAX vs. the Apple Corps.

Also scheduled to appear are Sonjay Dutt, Pat Buck, KM, Fallah Bah, CAQ, The Beach Bums and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNBC
CBS and Dish Network resolved a dispute over the fees the satellite TV provider pays to the broadcaster, ending a three-day blackout that affected customers across 26 states.

CBS said late Thursday it reached a multi-year agreement with Dish for carrying its local stations as well as three cable channels. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The agreement comes just ahead of the Southeastern Conference football coverage over the weekend. The blackout had prevented nearly 3 million Dish subscribers from watching the NFL's Los Angeles Chargers play the Dallas Cowboys on the Thanksgiving holiday.

The CBS channels are being restored, Dish said in a separate statement.

CBS content was pulled off Dish networks on Tuesday over a dispute that revolved around how much Dish would pay for 28 local CBS channels as well as three cable channels: Smithsonian Channel, Pop, and CBS Sports Network.

Negotiations between content distributors and programmers have become increasingly fraught as more viewers opt to watch their favorite shows online.

CBS went dark for about 12 hours during a similar carriage dispute with Dish in 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This Friday "Flashback Friday" will celebrate the 27th anniversary of the Undertaker.

Friday at 2 PM Eastern, it will be the WWE Network Original "Undertaker's Greatest Rivals" part one. At 2:30 PM Eastern it will be part two. Both episodes feature roundtable discussion between JBL with Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

Friday at 3 PM, it will be "Survivor Series" 1990 featuring the debut of The Undertaker.

Following that at 5:30 PM Eastern, it will be the "Undertaker: 25 Phenomenal Years" special.

Then at 6 PM Eastern, it will be the " The Undertaker: Gravest Matches" special.

At 8 PM Eastern, it will be "Wrestlemania 12" featuring The Undertaker versus Diesel.
This is for next week's set of new content for the Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Following Monday following Raw, it will be "Table for 3" with Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Sting. This is the episode postponed due to the Nature Boy's recent health scare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Vince McMahon is reportedly against the idea of having Braun Strowman face Brock Lesnar again at the Royal Rumble in January. For one, the match has already happened and Lesnar won clean. Second, Strowman is being readied for a match against Triple H and isn't going to be losing while Lesnar isn't going to have anyone kick out of his F5 until Roman Reigns does it at WrestleMania.

No matter what is booked, Brock Lesnar is scheduled to be appearing at the Royal Rumble in some capacity but it's possible he may not be defending his title. With Finn Balor seemingly out and Braun Strowman not a realistic possibility, the only wrestlers left are guys like Bray Wyatt, Elias, Jason Jordan - who are actually in worse position than Balor.

Samoa Joe is a possibility and would likely be the best alternative as it could be a singles match for the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
NXT Star, Aleister Black, addressed fans who wanted to send him things. He asked that they spend money on those who need it more or a charity of their choice. Last weekend, Black was successful in defeating The Velveteen Dream at NXT TakeOver: WarGames.

For those who have been asking me if they can send me stuff for the holidays, please spend that on giving to people less fortunate or a charity of your choice. Thank you
— Devil's Blood (@WWEAleister) November 23, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Speaking of the Young Bucks, Matt Jackson announced that their shirts are now the top selling merchandise in Hot Top, beating out cartoon characters, Rick and Morty, and any other band tees in the store.

Young Bucks officially have the top selling shirt in @HotTopic, beating Rick & Morty & every single band tee in the store. Blown away. Thanks everyone!
— The Young Bucks (@MattJackson13) November 23, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
In the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that the recent Kevin Owens 365 special, which played on the WWE Network after Survivor Series, did “huge numbers” for the streaming service.

Some other sheet news includes:

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote