View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #3971
Fox
"Ask him!"

Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
THE OTHER GUYS - 5/10

I dunno. Maybe there's something wrong with me. I feel like this is a movie I should have really liked, as I'm a big fan of Adam McKay's and I like Will Ferrell and Marky Mark as much as the next guy, but something about this whole movie just felt off. Maybe it was how I felt they were trying to parody the buddy cop action genre, yet they never veered far enough into the true territory of parody the way a Lethal Weapon 2 used to do. Honestly, the best part of the film and the only part that made me laugh out loud featured The Rock and Samuel Jackson in their final moments.

SCOTT PILGRIM -V- THE WORLD - 8/10

Awesome. Loved everything about this movie, even the progressively less-funny Michael Cera. The Asian chick who plays Knives is fucking hot and I want to rock her body. The fight scenes are a lot of fun and there are way too many videogame and 90's kid references for me to count, and it's fun trying to find all of them. It might have ran a little on the long side, but this is understandable when they were adapting a huge, multiple part comic book story.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote