Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #4312
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilchuk View Post
Do you want Cespedes back? Murphy?
I know I was all in on Cespedes when he was tearing shit up in August and early September and I was all "blank check!!!" and Damian Rey was all "whoa slow down buddy"...and he ended up being 100% right.

I'll always appreciate what Cespedes did for the team. The tear he went on was unlike anything I'd seen before and it's very possible they never win the East (let alone in a blowout) without him. He was well worth Michael Fulmer, who I think Detroit are going to be very happy with. That said, he completely disappeared in mid-September and never returned. His approach is very much homer-or-nothing and when he gets cold, he's glacially cold.

Add that to the fact that he's clearly not a true CF in spite of what he says and he tends to really loaf it on some plays and I just can't see how he's worth the $120+ million for 6 years or whatever he'll end up wanting. They'll be worse off without him but it's not yet known how high the Wilpons will be willing to increase payroll over the next few years and keeping these pitchers together even through arbitration is gonna be very expensive.