View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #1375
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Maybe so but its hardly like wwe have much in the way of credibility when everything about their performers is exaggerated. Heights, weights, why wouldn't attendance also factor into that, if they do it with heights and weights to make wrestlers seem larger than they are then surely making a show seem bigger than it is would also qualify.

Some of that is basically a legacy of the "wrestling business". But its a bit hard to believe that every time they do a wrestlemania they set some kind of attendance record.
There's a lot of things at play. Any promoter will do whatever they can to boost the number they announce. I know for a fact rock concerts used the same methodology for counting attendance (ie staff, performers, etc), so it's not unique to wrestling.

The other issue is that the ONLY "source" against the numbers that Vince puts out is Dave. And if you hear how Dave acquires his numbers, it's far more ripe for errors than Vince's numbers. It's not like Dave is standing at the gate with a clicker in his hand as every person walks through the door. Like I said in my post, do you really think the real WM3 number is 78k? Like exactly 78k right on the nose. Because that's the number Dave has quoted for years, decades actually. If his source is so credible, you would think he could report a number something like say 77,964. But he can't. Why? Because he's full of it. Always has been.

The bottom line on all this is whether there were 101k people in attendance at 32 or 98k, it's still a massive crowd that generated the largest $$$ gate in the history of the business. That's all that really matters. And this year what matters is this was the second biggest gate in the business, and the most viewed Mania of all time at nearly 2 million folks. That's fucking impressive. That's the real story.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote