View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:38 AM   #1371
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
*Bear in mind I live in the U.K. so my falling asleep isn't necessarily indicative of the quality of the show*

Biggest criticism is the same criticism I'd throw at WWE in general; their belief that quantity is better, or equal, to quality.

A 2 hour pre-show followed by a 5+ hour show is insane. I didn't watch in one go.

The Cruiser match was a great little opener. Both guys looked great, and probably the right result. Though I'm not sure what's next for Neville now.

Battle Royal was there. Surprised by the Show, and Strowman eliminations being so early. Really not a fan of Rawley. Didn't see the point if having Dane or Bian in there.

I must have fallen asleep here as it wasn't until watching the main show the next day that I realised they'd moved the IC match. Haven't gone back to watch it, have no inclination to do so. Surprised Corbin lost, off to Raw?

Styles/Shane opening the show was a surprise and the match was much better than it had any right to be. Glad Styles got the win. Would make sense for him to go to Raw.

Again surprised they followed with Jericho/Owens. Another good one. At this point I started to think that this Mania might over-deliver. Should have been later in the show. That bit with the rope break, amazing.

Really wasn't enthused by Orton/Wyatt, skipped it. Read on here about the weirdness, went back saw a bit of weirdness, skipped forward again. Wyatt needs to go away for a while before emerging as a real threat. Really don't get the booking here.

I looked to the heavens when I realised they were doing the full Goldberg entrance including backstage walk, Jesus! Great match making the most of what they have. Does feel like a weird end for Goldberg if he just disappears.

Both SD/Raw women's matches failed to hold my attention. I'd been convinced on here that the SD wasn't a 6 Pack Challenge so the chance of a surprise was on the table...until the match intro. The Raw match for me suffered from seeing the same 4 women compete a million times in the last 8 months.

Cena/Miz stuff was fine for what it was. Kinda pleased the crowd didn't shit all over the proposal (unless they did at the audio was cut?)

The Tag Ladder match was good. Surprised they brought back the Hardy's on this show (even if they're not broken). Speaking of broken; holy shit Cesaro must have been hurt on the Swanton.

HHH/Rollins went on too long. Far too long and far too plodding. Pleased that Rollins went over but there might have been more story in a loss here. Props to Steph for that table bump.

I had to retire during the Main Event. Carried on watching in bed but fell asleep. Should probably go back to rewatch but it doesn't sound all that compelling (and with another 5 hrs to watch Monday/Tuesday) it can probably wait.

Unless I missed it, no legend skit/surprise appearance? No Hogan, Rock, Austin, HBK (outside of the pre show panel), etc.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote