View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #100
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
Also, I get the feeling that Mahal will regain the title after Survivor Series and that the title change was done to boost ticket sales or network subscriptions for Survivor Series by offering Lesnar vs Styles instead of Lesnar vs Mahal.
If they're trying to boost ticket sales and subscriptions, why would they go back to what had them down in the first place? And what the recent financials stated was that good main events might get watched more on the Network, but they aren't going to get people to subscribe.

They might go back to Jinder after Survivor Series, because this company is stubborn and will do whatever the hell they like, but I just can't see that being the reason. I think it's more likely they wanted to do something to pop a UK show so that they have something to show ITV and say "See? See? We're cool."

The Jinder thing also wasn't working. I can't remember where I've posted this and where I haven't, haha. But yeah, Jinder was not attracting Indian fans, and the India shows still haven't sold out (at least the WWE website still lets you buy tickets for almost every section). It could just be that Vince doesn't want to look like a fool when photos emerge of things like this:

Especially after they go to India with an Indian WWE Champion.

Triple H was also bizarrely euphemistic when talking about Jinder recently. It wasn't an all hands on deck "Jinder is the man to carry the brand forward" statement. He said things like "he wasn't successful before," "you can criticize him, but he's earned my personal respect," and "the jury is still out." That's been one of the weirdest things to come from this, because that just doesn't sound like a way you talk about your champion.

My gut tells me that they know this is a failed experiment. In India and domestically. It's possible that the Singh Brothers got beat up by him after the match because they're goons like Sakamoto was to Tensai, but something about it does feel like a wrap-up on the project.

If the ratings also hold, I don't see why they would go back to Mahal. 500,000 more people watching. That's a 25% increase for a taped show. Sure, the last one was Halloween and was against things people would rather watch (funny how they use "there's more interesting stuff" as an excuse), but given how scant the WWE audience is compared to what it used to be, the difference between 2 million and 2.5 million is a lot more dramatic.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote