View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 06:06 PM   #200
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maluco View Post
This is my favourite game in quite some time, but i do think it helped me, in that, i am not a massive Zelda fan overall. I enjoy the games, but don't know much about the lore and haven't played them often enough to know staples or have certain expectations.

You could have put any sprites in this game and it would be 10/10, it didn't need to be Zelda, in fact, it could well have been a completely new series if they had wished.

I enjoyed it so much, but can definitely see why not being a Mega fan of the series or having expectations helped the playing experience be "free"

In fact i think that freedom and the feeling of being alone and navagating this big world is what makes the game so special.
I agree with this fully. If i had never played the series/ if it were a new IP, or more over if it wasnt my FAVORITEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE these wouldn't be issues for me. But there are aspect that i really look foraard to and love.

For me this will be game of the year, and thats awesome. Im having a great time with it. I was hoping for GOAT. Its a high bench mark.

I think making a sandbox the way they did is awesome and i hope they can do this again (even though non-hyrule zeldas have never sold well.) I just dont know why we need to choose between sandbox and zelda style progression. I think they would marry well...

Also the lack of score is probably a good thing due to it being a sandbox but...RIP Zelda scores
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote