View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #43
Sting Fan
Blander Than Ever

Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
I have noticed people on here trying to discard what I have said in an extremely vile and abusive way, but I’ll choose to be the bigger man - again. I never once said that if someone is in the WWE for too long a time, that they can’t become a champion. What I said was that IF someone is in the WWE, and they haven’t received a (successful) significant main event push within their first two years, then their chances of being a huge draw or break away star for the company becomes significantly less. Perhaps the “2 year window” was bigger in the old days, but in the new Social media era, I would argue that the window is around 2 years. A wrestler needs to make serious inroads within their first two years otherwise their chance at being:

1) a huge draw that brings in new fans (Austin/Hogan/Rock)
2) a guy that completely owns a specific demographic (Hogan/Cena)

Becomes significantly less.....to the point of there being almost zero chance.

So yes - while guys like JBL, Jinder Mahal, etc., have been world champions, they will be seen as transitional and/or run-of-the-mill champions at best. In an absolute best case scenario, they will appeal to the IWC or the “smart mark” crowd (I.e AJ styles, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk), but their chance of being true break away stars are almost nill. Why do you think a guy like Goldberg was a far bigger star than guys like Punk, Bryan, etc? Even a guy like Batista was seen as a far bigger star despite having a fraction of the wrestling talent.

As far as Big E Langston goes, I haven’t seen him cut a serious or intense promo even one time. There is a difference between having the ability to entertain a crowd, and being able to come across as serious and legit. Having good mic skills is multidimensional and I have yet to see that from Big E. FYI - not having multi-dimensional mic skills were also a part of the reason why guys Jericho and Christian were held back during the earlier stages of their careers....although to Jericho’s credit, he greatly improved in this regard when he returned in 2007. His work between 2007-2010 was by far and away his best work...although unfortunately by that time, his “break away star potential” was long gone.
Nah, your wrong.
Sting Fan is offline   Reply With Quote