View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #271
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWadding View Post
I'm not trolling you, I'm telling you your opinion sucks because it sucks (and you implied as much when you backed off by saying it was "just a thought experiment") because you don't have the gumption to actually defend your own shitty point.
I think your opinion sucks because it sucks too. Great discourse, Dave. Dale -- this is what someone who gets pissed off because you like something looks like. There's no attempt to defend some sort of objective metric here -- this is just a dude with a thorn in side, because he doesn't like my tone or whatever, making gripe because he can.

I was never particularly one-sided on the issue, because I hadn't made up my mind -- I was discussing it. That's what a discussion board was for. It got jumped on by people who took it to be an exaltation of Jim Cornette, possibly because of my pass biases, but I'm not afraid to defend my points, hombre. Let's have this out, if you can muster up the gumption.

I've fallen on the point where if I was Mick, I wouldn't take the gig. I think it's dumb, shitty, counterproductive, inane and Ryan's disposition towards people I like is smug and generally shitty. Didn't he accuse Jim Cornette of homophobia because he didn't like men being booked to touch his dick for comedy? I'm sure the goobers go along with it, but there's something creepy about a promoter that does this. And he's done it with women too, who again, I'm sure are willing, but it's just something I'd stay away from if I were promoting.

So yeah, I'd rather take another unnecessary bump for someone else. I wouldn't be caught dead there. Mick Foley isn't a starving artist, so he doesn't really have that excuse. But I guess he's of a different opinion, and that's his business. I'm just going to consider anything post 2004 in his career "non-canon."

That being said, as I said, I doubted Cornette will be personally offended by Foley doing it, and he wasn't. It's the trend of the product. It's just frustratingly shit, and it's starting to dampen my general love of even wrestling, because the goofy Raw/Smackdown shit is now leaking over into the independents.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote