View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #37518
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
I don't know what's more egregious. That or that video of Triple H dancing with New Day and then hitting Kofi with a pedegree to try to look like a badass who plays by his own rules. Pretty sure the guy seriously thinks he's Austin/Rock level.
Holy shit, why was the Pedigree necessary?

Of course he thinks he's on the level of a Rock/Austin. That's always been the company narrative too. Go back to 1999 and watch how they de-emphasize Rock for Triple H despite H showing nothing.

Biggest myth the WWE tells about the Attitude era was that Triple H was over or important. Great stuff against Cactus Jack in 2000, and that was a hot year, but Fully Loaded drew as well as Judgment Day. I think the only time Triple H has ever made a difference to figures was when he returned in 2002 and the TV rating popped and the Rumble did a huge buyrate, and then everyone worked out that Triple H has no fucking babyface charisma and tuned out again.

This dude's ego has gotten him a long way, and he clearly cares a lot about the wrestling industry. Not enough to take himself out of it though. I cringe whenever he crawls up the asshole of the fans as some sort of savor or developmental savant, when the guys he's hiring are the guys he would have called geeks a few years ago, until he needs them to make it looks like he can teach students how to get good grades.

Every year we have to get ready for the inevitable Triple H match, because that's what people are really craving. That's why WrestleMania 23 did such a shockingly low buy-rate. Which babyface gets to look like a million bucks by beating Triple H this year? Daniel Bryan? Well, he opened Mania the next year. Sting? Well, he gets to job. Seth Rollins? Tag division. I guarantee you Triple H's match is more important than Seth Rollins' next year. That's how much beating Triple H means. Welcome to the fucking opener. And WrestleMania 32 -- don't tell me that Triple H winning his second Royal Rumble and heading into that show wasn't about him headlining the biggest show they've ever done.

Now he gets to play babyface dress-up with his NXT boys. Cute. Fuck off.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote