View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #79
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm like half-with you there. They did choose Owens because of his talents. They have given him a lot. I'm just saying his image holds him back in the minds of fans and those in charge. They're not the same thing. I think, if anything, they have been too good to Owens. I don't think he's World Champ material, and I think his reign kind of proved that (but granted he was booked to be a subservient piece of shit too).

We'll never know the inner-workings of Vince McMahon's mind, but if Owens had done really well as the Universal Champion, there's nothing to say that Brock vs. Goldberg wouldn't have been done without the belt on the line. I mean, Owens was champion by the time Goldberg even comes in. The belt was moved into that heavyweight program because the men were taking the ball and running with it. The plan may have been Owens vs. Balor or Owens vs. Jericho should Balor not be ready. I assert there was a gear switch, but that's obviously just conjecture.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote