View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:58 AM   #89
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
I don't think it's supposed to be BAD. I think it's supposed to be over the top. I also think Noid's problem seems to stem from the fact that it's presented with wrestling that doesn't match up with the "world" it exists in. Which is debatable. But wrestling sucks now. So I can just watch whatever Matt's doing and not give a fuck about context.

If I were to watch a full Raw now, I wouldn't be thinking "What is this weird Matt Hardy shit doing in the middle of my wrestling show?" I'd be thinking "What is this horrible wrestling show doing interrupting my glorious Matt Hardy skits?"
Ding, ding ding -- #fan gets it again. There's a reason he's one of the best posters here. I don't like the hokey shit. I appreciated irony in wrestling for a tiny bit when I had trouble controlling my erections, but then I grew up. But I've always hated hokey. I hate large portions of what The Undertaker has done because of this. I hate a large part of what Braun Strowman is doing now because of this. It's cute that people are trying to use that against me in order to try and portray me as a WWE apologist or something.

Where you and I differ is that I think wrestling sucks, but I'm not going to enjoy watching someone piss on a goat just because the rest is shit. It is possible for Braun Strowman being crushed in a trash compactor and Matt Hardy being a geek to both be completely shit. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

And that's why you're the only supporter of this that has ever made any sense to me, because at least you just say "I enjoy it" and can identify that it's enjoyment comes from complete dissatisfaction with the rest of wrestling, instead of some fucking barely cohesive explanation about why it is actually good and why apparently I'm a freak because I don't think a guy pulling funny faces and doing funny voices in lieu of anything substantive is compelling.

I honestly haven't had my brain cells lowered so much as these fucking conversations about Broken Matt Hardy. It's trash. Fuck supporting this shit, it is literally why we can't have nice things. I try not to offend people personally with this, but it really makes me uncomfortable how...stupid people are about this. It's really, really stupid.

Last edited by Mr. Nerfect; 12-06-2017 at 03:25 AM.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote