View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #354
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by the Curse of Papa Shango striking again:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Eddie Edwards won the TNA title tonight at the Impact tapings in Orlando, FL, for the show that will be airing on Thursday night.

The storyline for the show was that every title would be defended.

Lashley was told he could pick his opponent, with his choices either being a rematch with Ethan Carter III, a match with Edwards or Moose. Lashley picked Edwards and said it was because it would be the easiest match ...

Also on the tapings, it was announced that Cody Rhodes would receive a title shot. Edwards vs. Cody will be taped tomorrow night for the title.

Spoiler tags used since its related to TNA's recent tapings.

Quote:
Raw last night, built around the Sasha Banks Women's title win over Charlotte, did its best numbers since the NFL season began.

While 2.79 million viewers during football season would have been viewed badly if you said that's where things would be one month ago, it solidly beat the 2.68 million number of the first two weeks of football season and last week's low point of 2.46 million viewers going against the presidential debate ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.88 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.87 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.64 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
UPDATE: Top Rope Press reports that Erick Rowan suffered his torn rotator cuff at a recent house show. He last competed at the September 26th show in Wheeling, West Virginia where he lost to Apollo Crews.

The site says Rowan might be out of the ring until March.

ORIGINAL: According to prowrestling.net, WWE Smackdown performer Erick Rowan underwent surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. The surgery was performed this morning in Birmingham, Alabama. Typical recovery time for a torn rotator cuff is four to six months.
Probably not a wise idea by the WWE to tease the Ghost of Papa Shango last night with the Kendrick-Perkins match.

Quote:
After no-showing AAA's Heroes Inmortales show on Sunday night, the wrestling world was left wondering what happened to Alberto Del Rio (real name Jose Rodriguez) and where he would end up next.

But it turns out the reason Rodriguez missed the show may have been out of his control. He took to social media on Monday night to set the record straight, and alleged that he had been attacked by a knife-wielding criminal inside of a restaurant prior to the Heroes Inmortales show.

AAA released a statement wishing Rodriguez a speedy recovery.

Rodriguez posted a graphic photo of the wounds he allegedly suffered in the attack. He also released a statement (with paragraph breaks added) on his Instagram account:

"Mr. Rodriguez (“Alberto El Patron”) shortly after eating a meal before his flight was assaulted by a criminal with a knife outside the restaurant. Mr. Rodriguez suffered multiple lacerations on his arm and other parts of his body defending against the criminal as Police were called by witnesses. Mr. Rodriguez received medical attention and went back to the Police Department and was unable to make his flight."

"Mr. Rodriguez has spoken with the ownership of Lucha Libre AAA WorldWide and given them the documentation of the incident. Mr. Rodriguez greatly regrets not being there yesterday for his fans in Mexico and promises to everyone he will make this up as soon as possible. Despite the graphic lacerations Mr. Rodriguez will not miss any of his shows for the remainder of the year and is ready to compete this weekend in the UK."
Quote:
Tony Nese & Drew Gulak and SAnitY were the final teams announced for the second annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Added to the Dusty Rhodes tag team tournament are HoHo Lun & Bin Wang and Rich Swann & No Way Jose.
Quote:
What was started as an autobiography of Roddy Piper, which, after his death was completed by his children, will be released tomorrow by Random House books. They are pushing the 400 page book as the biggest book release since the Bret Hart release.
Quote:
Ex WWE big man Ryback will be making his first UK appearance since leaving the WWE for Revolution Pro Wrestling (RPW) at the end of the month. He'll be taking on a well known UK tag team called The Legion of Lords made up of UK indy workers Prince of Mumbai Rishi Ghosh and Lord Gideon Grey.
Quote:
Former WWE and WCW superstar Marc Mero talks about his recent heart surgery and how he is feeling today: “I had heart surgery just three months ago and they, about a four and a half hour surgery they replaced my heart valve and they fixed in it my aorta and about a four and a half hour surgery they stopped my heart for 40 minutes to complete the surgery and I feel like a kid again. It’s amazing. I’m back in the gym. I’m back to most of the same weights I was doing before working out.” Marc also talks about speaking out after Chris Benoit's death, his professional boxing career that never was, a message to the wrestling fans and much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Sara received the news on Friday, but there’s no word at this point on why she was cut from the company.

Lee beat out 7 other women last year to earn a $250,000 contract. She debuted at an NXT live event in March, but hasn’t been used much since.

Runner-up Mandy Rose, who the trainers clearly wanted to win, was instantly signed to a deal and given a role on Total Divas. She’s since made multiple appearances on NXT programming.
Quote:
There's nothing new to report on the TNA front. What we do know is that the money that allowed them to pay for the downlink, so the PPV could be broadcast, came in on Thursday, but who is funding this is still unknown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA majority owner Dixie Carter held a locker room meeting last night prior to the TNA Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida. According to several sources we have spoken to, Carter spoke to talents about a number of different issues and allowed talents to ask questions.

One of the issues we were told was discussed was regarding late payments to the talents and Carter stated that there are times were payments are made late, stating that is because the company is waiting for money they are owed to come in.

Carter was also asked about rumors that WWE was about to buy the promotion. Carter, we are told, acknowledged that WWE did want to purchase but stated that she would not let that happen, although she could have. Carter also stated that the company still owns their own tape library in regard to rumors that WWE was purchasing that.

Carter made it clear that she is still the majority owner of TNA but acknowledged there has been some in-fighting and a power struggle amongst the other owners of the company.

In regard to the financial issues leading into Bound for Glory, Carter said that the show was never not going to happen but acknowledged that they "scrambled" leading up to the PPV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jay Briscoe vs. Dalton Castle for the first time has been announced for the 10/14 Ring of Honor "Glory By Honor Night One" event in Chicago Ridge, IL. The promotion also announced Colt Cabana vs. Mark Briscoe and ReDragon vs. ROH champion Adam Cole and Adam Page.
Quote:
My addiction started when I was prescribed painkillers for a neck injury in 2003. I didn’t know how powerful the opiate drug was until I found myself taking an insurmountable amount of Vicodin. To be exact, I was taking 65 extra strength Vicodin per day. I started taking one pill a day, and before long kept doubling the dose over and over again. I loved the feeling it gave me, because it allowed me not to feel anything ...

But it was almost taken away from me, AGAIN, when I broke my neck again in 2003. I had surgery and was put on pain medication. That was the beginning of my dark journey.

The pills made me feel invincible and kept me in the game, until my sister Le’Anne died of a heroin overdose, not long after my surgery. I didn’t want to feel pain, or anything. I had not grieved for my father, my grandmother, my coach or my sister, and I wasn’t about to begin.

I then broke my neck 2 more times over the next 2 years, and the bad relationship/marriage I was in made me feel more alone than ever. I decided that I could not handle the rigorous schedule of WWE and I felt guilty about being a liability to Vince McMahon. So I asked for my release and I swore I’d get my life together.

After I went to TNA, I was taking a lower dose of medication but I didn’t entirely quit. I started drinking alcohol excessively and went through a bad divorce. Eventually, I found the true love of my life, my wife Giovanna. But I kept taking the pills and drinking until I passed out each night. I knew it wasn’t fair to my wife or my kids, but I did everything I could to hide my feelings and emotional pain.

I’ve witnessed my mother suffer and die from cancer (leukemia) and my brother David go to jail for admitting to killing his wife while he was high on drugs. But I’ve dealt with those issues sober. I have allowed myself to experience true emotional and physical pain, even from the past. It’s not easy, but it’s the right way to live life.
Part of a recent posting on Kurt Angle's official blog about him struggling with pain killer addiction and why he left the WWE. http://kurtanglebrand.com/anglestrong/

Some other sheet news includes:
  • During a recent interview in Japan, Kota Ibushi revealed he has no desire of ever signing a long term deal with the WWE. https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/783426590801735680
  • Sporting News had an interview with The Glorious One, Bobby Roode involving signing with WWE and his entrance theme: http://www.sportingnews.com/wwe/news...e1is9tyog9nk1o
  • The Rock recently released a video on his official Youtube channel involving the 20th anniversary of his debut in the WWF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0-YFZHY9Uo
  • According to a recent Observer Radio show, WWE is currently in serious talks with Goldberg in regards to an in-ring deal and a contract very close to being signed if it hasn't happened yet.
  • Also according to the Observer, WWE currently has Sasha vs Charlotte for the Women's title planned as the main event for the upcoming Hell in a Cell ppv.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote