View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 AM   #141
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I got a response about FSU (assuming that's who you meant- you left no context)

They got a lot of flukey wins and backdoor victories: they didn't really play like a team that just kept getting magically ranked #1 or #2. And the first year of the playoff system, had it not been in place, they would have automatically gone to get dismantled by Alabama for the National title instead of getting dismantled by Oregon for the right to play an Ohio State team who handed Alabama their ass.

Even as much as I hate the "SEC is better than everybody in perpetuity" argument people make, at least 'Bama played like a top contender consistently. The Seminoles didn't. Being upvoted isn't the same as being good. Being Kings of the ACC is akin to being the whatever-est guy in the room. Ask Boise State how many potential championships they were snubbed out of because they "didn't play anyone" to end up ranked above #5, but FSU can continue to fail their way upwards doing precisely that.