View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #10820
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
That's just it though - a bottleneck is a bottleneck. It seems dumb to upgrade that much power, graphics wise, when you know the CPU isn't being given the same consideration. It may seem minor, but it seems like a half-done "upgrade", considering the pricetag will most likely not justify it.
I've read through some of the design documents and Sony are basically saying that traditionally CPU tasks should be moved to the GPU, for instance like cloth physics. Shit is so complex for developers though, they've not fully exploited multi core stuff and now they're offloading stuff to Compute on the GPU.

In other NEO news, according to Colin of Kinda Funny, the developers he's talked to aren't happy with this because of the Sony mandate of having both modes for October on. Games coming out in September are also affected by the mandate where the NEO mode needs to be patched in. I'm all for an upgrade because these consoles launched so weak and with me buying PSVR, I'll see the benefits, but this sounds like a fucking mess.

Microsoft are testing MULTIPLE new XBones each with a different spec, so fuck knows what they're thinking. They might just see which one they should launch as their mid-cycle upgrade, or go full Steambox where you buy a PC that you shove under the TV and the options for a box are low, medium and high or whatever.

Good or bad, with all this AND a new Nintendo console, E3 is going to be a lot of fun.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote