View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #253
El Capitano Gatisto
World Class Raconteur

El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
I'm not saying it does, RDD.

ECG answer these things for me
Where do you see ideas of toxic masculinity?
Can you see ideas of toxic masculinity in video games?
Recently has Anitas youtube channel been primarily about video games?
"Ideas of toxic masculinity" is not my term, it's Anita Sarkeesian's.

But yes there are plenty of problematic themes regarding gender and masculinity in games, just as there are on TV, in films, in music, in advertising, in fashion, in sport, in factual media.

Sarkeesian's youtube channel has been about these themes in games, as it has been about television, music etc.

Here-in lies the problem: you cannot articulate your own argument yet you expect me to articulate it for you. You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
I don't think she is blaming sexism. I think what she is saying is that the men and boys play the video games (or watch the action movies) and want to act it out in real life.
Where did you extrapolate this form? She makes NO mention or allusion to games in her tweet regarding mass shootings. She states clearly she believes the roots of violence lie with sexism. What has any of that got to do with your interpretation of what she has said?

Do you understand how logic works? Can you comprehend sentences written in fairly basic English? If you can, you need to explain how you have arrived at the conclusion that Sarkeesian has stated that games cause men to want to act out violence from games in real life.
El Capitano Gatisto is offline   Reply With Quote