View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #71
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Brawl Thursday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Interesting to note that we've heard there's been communication over the last few days between WWE and Cody Rhodes, who just departed the company. From what we can ascertain, there's been discussion about the company signing him to some sort of deal similar to their Legends deal, which would allow the company to release merchandise, etc. using his likeness. It may be that they had Stardust, etc. material coming out from a third-party (a Mattel action figure, for example) and offered him a deal so legally, they can move forward with that. There's been no talk of Rhodes returning as a full-time performer as he's seeking to work specific, big matches on the independent level and we've heard he's already being represented in Hollywood for potential acting world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Amid speculation that many former WWE stars have been approached with returning to the company due to the upcoming brand split, the possibility that free agent Kurt Angle could be one of those talents got some fans excited.

Unfortunately for those fans, that will be an unrealized dream as WWE officials confirmed Thursday that Angle is not returning to the company.

The story started when Angle was on Mark Madden's Pittsburgh radio show on Monday and said that Paul Levesque had called him, but that no deal was in place. Although nobody officially said it, the story grew to a point where people said that a deal was done with a start date even listed.
Being speculated around the net that Vince was very likely the person who ended any chance of the talks going further than just simply Triple H wanting to "open the door" for a future Angle return or a checkup on his well-being.

Quote:
Styles is the other example. Two years ago, when TNA wanted to cut his salary significantly and he was looking out, WWE made him a joke of an offer and he ended up going to New Japan, which really made his career. He got enough buzz that WWE was willing to bring him back, and let him use his name, in January. But he was not planned whatsoever to be a main eventer. He was booked to be low on cards and perhaps work to middle. But the reaction at the Royal Rumble, and even more so at the house shows where he was getting either the first or second best reaction even with almost no WWE television, changed the perception of him and now he’s considered one of the company’s five top regular stars.
Quote:
Mustafa Ali is replacing Zumbi in the tournament WWE tournament. So the 32 competitors are Kota Ibushi, Zack Sabre Jr., Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada), Brian Kendrick, Drew Gulak, Tyson Dux, Tajiri, Noam Dar, Da Mack, Clement Petiot, Fabian Aichner, Harv Sirha, Gurv Sihra, Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali, Akira Tozawa, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Jack Gallagher, Tony Nese, TJ Perkins, Ho Ho Lun, Anthony Bennett, Lince Dorado, Sean Maluta, Raul Mendoza, Kenneth Johnson, Alejandro Aaez, Damien Salter, Jason Lee and Arya Daiavari.
Quote:
Dwayne Johnson was on the UFC Unfiltered podcast and said that in 2004, he was considering going to UFC as a fighter. "There was a time there where I thought, I achieved everything I wanted to achieve in WWE, my movie career is floundering a little bit, what should I do? I was still relatively young, I think I was 34. I thought, oh well, maybe UFC. Maybe I should do something like that." He said he thought it would take two years to be ready, and he wasn't sure how to approach it so the idea fizzled out. He also said he thinks MMA is the toughest sport in the world. Just for the math, Johnson was 31 and turned 32 in 2004.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Candice LaRae will make her ROH debut at the 7/8 Women of Honor taping in Baltimore, which will be free for anyone who has a ticket to that evening's ROH TV taping.
LaRae previously teased on Twitter about a really important announcement regarding her career was going to be revealed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It was announced today, obviously timed for the International Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, that WWE has signed a deal with Lootcrate that will see the company create a bi-monthly subscription mystery box service. Loot Crate were the originators in the concept, which sees those enrolled receive a themed mystery box of items that range from exclusive shirts and action figures to smaller paraphanelia, such as pins and patches.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102...y-box.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The NWA announced the following:

NWAOnDemand.com Releases More Historical Footage!

Quickly becoming the source for vintage historic matches, NWAOnDemand.com has done it again releasing footage of what is believed to be the only DUSTY RHODES - BRUISER BRODY singles match in existence!

The footage from Houston consists of 17-plus minutes of amazing action from August 11, 1978. This is what the independent wrestling experts had to say:

" This is . . . the only singles match between these 2 ever to make tape. 1978 Dusty is loaded with charisma and is in pretty good shape. He even throws an awesome drop kick in this. I enjoyed early in the match Brody's stooging. Dusty's charisma carried this. Their were moments where Brody would turn it on and came across as a force of nature . . . this is a true treasure and a piece of history."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE champion CM Punk announced on the UFC Unfiltered Podcast that he would be finally making his UFC debut on 9/10 in Cleveland, Ohio at the UFC 203 PPV:

BREAKING: @CMPunk announces on #UFCUnfiltered he'll debut vs @MickeyGall at #UFC203!!!! ?? https://t.co/kQZBxHzDcK pic.twitter.com/3jDGUruLVO
— UFC (@ufc) June 23, 2016

In an interesting twist of fate, Punk will be fighting at the Quicken Loans Arena, literally the same Arena he famously told Vince McMahon and Triple H he was leaving WWE, walking out of a Raw taping in January 2014.
Quote:
The announcement of the G-1 participants, blocks and matches will be 6/27, at the Korakuen Hall show which airs live on New Japan World. This will be key, because it’ll show who they are looking at putting in the major arena main events, who the newcomers will be, and also the status of Tanahashi, who is not on the next group of shows through 7/3.
Quote:
The original plan for this year’s Money in the Bank match was for Kalisto to be the seventh person when they were going to do seven. Kalisto ended up legit injured so he was pulled from the match and it was made six. He ended up recovering in time that he actually was back in time to have been promoted to be on the show, and ended up in the pre-show match. But the decision was made by that point they’d already focused everything around the six and decided not to put him in. Plus, the feeling was that he’d cooled off quite a bit of late
Some details on why the WWE pulled back plans for 7 guys to be in the MitB and why they didn't care about putting back the 7th person when given the chance.

Quote:
Recently on Sam Roberts' Wrestling Podcast, actor and former WWE writer, Freddie Prinze, Jr. discussed his stint with professional wrestling's biggest promotion. Prinze talked about picking the brain of 'Double A' Arn Anderson, convincing Vince McMahon to drop his promo class for WWE talents in favor of Prinze's acting workshop, and John Cena disrupting his classes ...

Apparently, Cena could not see the benefit of Prinze's acting class and he would intentionally disrupt it. Prinze admitted that Cena was tough on him and he does not know whether he ever truly gained Cena's respect.

"I would be running an acting workshop and he would just come in and interrupt it and sort of take over the room. And I'm like, 'hold up, man.' I said, 'let's go talk outside'. So he came outside and he gave me this speech, and I respect his view. He goes, 'look, I may be a neanderthal' and he said, 'but you either got it or you don't'. And I said, 'look, I agree, philosophically, to a certain point.' I said, 'but you can get better or worse at something depending on how hard you work at it.' I said, 'you don't need my help. I'm not writing for you. But they do, so let me do my job. I'll let you do your job and that'll be that.' And it wasn't."
According to Prince, Vince's idea of teaching promo skills was to just let wrestlers do improv but not bothering to teach them the skills needed to make it actually work. Prince wanted to ease them into that style by getting them used to an acting style at first. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...reddie-prinze/

Quote:
Trevor Mann (Ricochet/Prince Puma) still hasn’t signed the new multiyear deal offered by Lucha Underground. I guess he pretty much has a deadline this weekend to make a decision since
SPOILER: show
Johnny Mundo vs. Prince Puma is the title match at Ultimate Lucha Tres which will be taped on 6/26, with the stips that Puma has to retire if he doesn’t win the title. So they’ve booked themselves into a corner in the sense either Puma wins while not under contract for next season, which makes no sense, or he loses. And while they can certainly violate the stip since guys here come back from the dead, given what they are offering him, it’s probably not a match that it would make sense for him to lose.
He’s got a significant money offer, believed to be for another four or five seasons, which would still allow him to work New Japan and indies. According to those close to the situation, with the guaranteed money here and what he could make with New Japan and indies, he’d be one of the highest paid non WWE talents in the business, behind only people like Mysterio, the Hardys and Tanahashi. WWE is said to want him bad, although those close to the situation believe they wouldn’t guarantee him anywhere close to what it’s a lock he’d be making on this deal, and he can work limited dates on his own schedule as opposed to fulltime
Spoiler tags used since its related to upcoming Lucha Underground results.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Orlando Sentinel recently had an interview with Sasha Banks: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...622-story.html
  • The Daily World recently had an interview with Daniel Bryan about the lead up to his retirement and post-wrestling stuff. http://m.thedailyworld.com/news/loca...son-doing-fine
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 20th anniversary of Stone Cold Steve Austin's famous "Austin 3:16" promo.
  • Ring of Honor recently had an interview with Roderick Strong about his career in the company and the decision to leave now. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102...m-roh.html?p=1
  • As part of its annual Summer Sale, Steam currently has both WWE 2k16 and all of its DLC on sale for $15 at the moment. http://store.steampowered.com/app/385730/
  • According to a recent Observer Newsletter, concussion research might be shifting more towards wrestlers within the near future due to more wrestlers signing away their brains for research once they pass away. Also the lead doctor who discovered the impact of CTE said it was an area of the study that needed a lot more research done.
  • Baring anything sudden happening, Observer recently debunked rumors of Natayla leaving the WWE and/or retiring from wrestling soon to help take care of Tyson Kidd. Apparently her contract with the company is not even close to expiring any time soon.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote