View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 03:28 PM   #38940
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I really hope they don't have Rousey in the match.

Ronda can debut by being a highlighted ringside guest, who ends up jumping the barricade to get in a heel's face. She can debut by interrupting an "I've beaten everyone" heel promo. She can debut by Asuka beating everybody else, and Stephanie McMahon saying that she's had to go out and find the one person who Asuka might not be able to beat. She can debut by interrupting a promo in which Charlotte, Becky, Sasha or Bayley refer to the "Four Horsewomen" of WWE.

There are countless ways to debut Ronda Rousey - doing it in a Royal Rumble doesn't work at all for me. If she's in the Rumble, she either has to win it - which is at the expense of the rest of the female roster, means she's getting a Women's Title shot, which telegraphs the result of her WrestleMania match as she's very unlikely to be sticking around to defend the title and t throws out the prospect of using the Rumble to set up the story for another women's match for WrestleMania, which a Ronda Rousey match doesn't need.

Or else she loses, which means that in her very first WWE appearance, Ronda Rousey shows up and gets either beaten fairly and squarely, or made to look a fool, neither is a good first impression, particularly when they're going to have to focus on protecting her aura of being unbeatable now that we know she is, in fact, very much beatable.

More than that, debuting her as a surprise in the Royal Rumble means that we see Ronda Rousey wrestling in a WWE ring before WrestleMania - where the draw for her match would be "see Ronda Rousey compete in a WWE ring".
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote