View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #12156
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Not even an hour into Shadow of War and I've had my first holy shit moment with the nemesis system.

I run into this super powerful orc captain while chasing another that was retreating. He and his gang pretty much wreck my shit. Some random spear chucking enemy ends up delivering the final blow, which of course promotes him to captain and he's now Bolg the Tark Killer. So I say fuck that, and take on a revenge mission to go kill him. Not only will I get sweet retribution, but if you kill a captain who once killed you get legendary gear from him. Unfortunately he also gets some major buffs and combined with the fact that I just started and don't have the mechanics mastered yet....he killed me again. Almost fucking had him.

At this point I'm thinking I should probably leave it and just level up for now. But pride won out, and I decided to go after him one last time. It's not til I activated the mission that I realized that for killing me again his level increased to over three times my own. So yeah. That was demoralizing. But I manage to kill the other nearby orcs first so I can battle him one on one. He taunts me all like "You know the more times I kill you, the more people call me Tark Slayer". I give it my best shot, but his level is just too high now. He knocks me down and as the killing blow cinematic starts, I start thinking about things I can do to level up and come back. Right before his sword hits me some random soldier comes in and IMPALES HIM KILLING HIM FUCKING DEAD RIGHT FUCKING THERE.

The screen flashed something, and the soldier said something but I didn't see or hear it because I'm just sitting there with my mouth agape processing what just happened for a good 5 seconds before I yell FUCK YEAH and scare my roommate half to death.

It was probably one of the coolest gaming moments I've had in a long time. This game is fucking tits.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote