Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #1473
Jura
▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jura makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Mayweather planning to promote MMA due to 'unfair treatment of fighters'

Quote:
MMA will most likely be getting a brand new promotion, and it will be headed up by none other than undefeated boxing superstar, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. While rumors and chatter have swirled around this venture for some time, it would appear that Mayweather is about to get serious in accomplishing this monumental task.

Floyd received his promoter's license from the Nevada Athletic Commission in July of this year, which came shortly after his split with Golden Boy Promotions. The license was "quickly and unanimously" approved, as reported by Sherdog, and met with no resistance that might have come about due to his multiple brushes with the law over the last several years.

Mayweather plans to hold both boxing and MMA events, citing unfair treatment as the main reason he wants to promote mixed martial arts. Mayweather spoke recently to FightHype.com about his plans:

If you want to be treated fair, come over to Mayweather Promotions. We believe in the talent winning. That's what we believe in. We believe in treating our boxers and our MMA fighters fair. I want a lot of MMA fighters to get in touch with Mayweather Promotions.

I look forward to putting on my first MMA show also and having me some MMA champions. Like I said before, Floyd Mayweather loves to think outside the box. We're not just one-dimensional. We are very versatile and we have an open mind. When I get into the MMA game, I want them to make more money than they're making, because from what I hear, they're not being treated fair. Once again, I don't have nothing to say about nobody. I'm only talking about what I'm here to do. I'm here to treat fighters fair. I'm here to treat MMA fighters fair, and I feel that the talent should win.

Mayweather has demonstrated that he is extremely capable of handling successful business enterprises, and might be the remedy needed to shake the stranglehold the UFC has on the market. As always, Bloody Elbow will keep our readers updated on this story as more information becomes available.
I think UFC fighters are paid well it's just that they have trainers and managers that take a share of that money and that's hard on the lower tier fighters. The total payout of a UFC card is usually 1 million plus and the company takes in a lot more than that per event so I do think they have wiggle room in the fighter budget.