Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #97
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So I turn the game on again. I'm using my good controller this time. I am ready and focused to take out any and everything.

I make it up to the roof with about 11000 souls or so, I dunno. The amount of souls I once had at certain points are becoming a blur. But as I make my way out, I take out two of the re-spawnable knights (I dunno what they are) who dropped some titanite shards and picked up the ring that boosts your fire defense. I run to the bonfire, drop down like I'm supposed to, and save. Phew.

I do some quick math and realize I can take out those 3 enemies, run to the bonfire and save like 3 or 4 times. And then I can level up. I'm fine with that. Seems easy enough.

I get to 17500. And I sit at the bonfire.

I have a bunch of "soul of a _____" that I could use to get me to 18500. I figured "eh, save them. This is easy enough, just save it for a time I REALLY need them."

And that was my decision. Take out those 3 dudes and I'm at 19000 souls.

Oh yeah, before all this I decided to become human to maybe get some more items from those dead knights. Which I actually did and it worked out nicely. I think I got at least 1 more titanite shard each timeout.

So I'm human. I'm at 19000. And I drop on down to my bonfire to level up.

And I can't save. It won't let me. I hit A and nothing. No pop up message. So I think to myself, "hmmm. Could be a bad guy in the area. I'll go back up and check."

Looked around, and everyone was dead. And then it occured to me what was probably about to happen and I actually said out loud "No. No. No. Please no. This can't be happening. Not now. Please don't do this."

I know exactly what's about to go down and I'm trying everything I could think of to some how prevent it. And sure enough... a blinking message.

"St0ned Ape has invaded your game"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't know what to do. I run around but whatever. I see him and he doesn't look too intimadating. Just has a big weapon. I roll away from his first strike but his 2nd one breaks through my guard, 3rd one kills me.

19000 souls lost.

I decided to send him a message.

"Prick."
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote