Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #205
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think I finished Solaire's path but I'm not sure. I hope I did because that's what I was trying to do.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/solaire-of-astora

Quote:
Guaranteed way to Prevent Solaire becoming hollow:

Open the shortcut to Lost Izalith BEFORE fighting the Centipede Demon. This is done by offering 30 humanity to Quelaag's Sister and proceeding through the hole in the wall near the entrance to the Demon Firesage boss.

Slay all of the choas bugs here. You only need to kill the one with glowing red eyes that drops the Sunlight Maggot, but you might as well kill them all just to be sure and for the drops.

Note that Solaire will not be here yet. He's still waiting outside the Centipede Demon boss room.

Go back to the entrace to the shortcut and go through the fog door to fight the Demon Firesage

After beating the Demon Firesage, proceed past it and down the stairs to the Centipede Demon and beat that as well. If you're in human form you may summon Solaire to assist, though for me he just sat in lava and died.

Follow the wall to the left of the entrance to find the route out and the "normal" way into Lost Izalith. You'll find Solaire here.

Having spoken to him here he will then appear in the shortcut between the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith where you killed the chaos bugs. He will not turn hollow.

Speaking to him here will lead to another depressing dialogue and then he'll disappear again. This should let you summon him for the game's final fight.

That's basically what happened but on accident. The guide I was using didn't really do too well of a job describing where the shortcut was. I wandered into it and killed all the bugs except I never got a Sunlight Maggot drop from any of them. Received 2 Sunlight Medals though.

And so that's where I'm out. Going to go through to Lost Isalith that way now and hopefully he'll be available for the final fight.
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote